Thread: Tip outs... Holy f*ck

Thanks

Duh Tip outs... Holy f*ck

So I live an HR and 30 mins away from work, 130 back. It's hard for me to get a good vibe and keep it.
    well last night I did a lap dance the door guy says 10 $ (5 a song ) I said I only did one so he tells me last warning ( never told me this before) and that the conversation was being recorded, if he calls a manager he's gonna take his word over mine all this other bullshit. So I said ok if I take someone back half way through the song ( there's always music playing so I will never start on that song and I come out at the beginning ish of the other. Mind you at least the other door guys walk back and forth by the rooms and make checks by our names, what I thought was supposed to happen. So I said fine I want a printed receipt of every dance I pay for because if you can't trust me I can't trust you. Then he got defensive like .. Oh well I mean I could blah blah blah . So he asked me to tell him (told not asked me) to tell him before I start and to tell him I'm done as soon as the song is over. So now here I am running out butt ass naked ( not supposed to) to tell him and I said if management has to say something it's being recorded so they'll get you in trouble not me so before the song started I said okkkk.. I'm going to start after this song he was like "you don't have to tell me I know " killed the vibes. When you wonder where your tip is - it's in that extra dance you charged me for. And then came the Dj. Telling me 5$ is a bad tip when I tip out 3 people and they make hourly pay as well, over 70 girls. I had a bad night last night I did not make 600$ . He's telling me I should always tip 20$ ... So if every girl tips you 20$.. And there's 70... And you get paid hourly... Personally.. He's a Dj. Not a stripper. He told me not to tip the people that walk me out at night "what do they do" I quickly replied "make sure I don't get shot really risking their lives outside that club because I wouldn't stand out there alone. Oh and stop me from getting raped . Seriously our club is in the worst area. I shouldn't tip them but I should give it all to you?? Another girl said on her first day he told her to pay 50% of all her tips to the Dj * and when I started I was told to tip 10% divide it by 3 of them it wasn't even 5$ more like 10$

Thanks

Default Re: Tip outs... Holy f*ck

I tip 10% to the dj and 10% to the bouncer. If there are 2 bouncers on shift I pay 15-20%...not because I have to, but because I know those guys have my back and I appreciate them standing up to BS all night for me. If I'm making $600, you can bet I'm paying the guy $60. The DJ lets me play whatever I want and will buy a song for me if he doesn't have it. I don't have to mess with transitions or shit like that...and the guy promotes me when I walk on. So, I don't mind tipping. I really appreciate the people who keep me safe and help me make $.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PiperLolaAndromedaPew For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

girl it is what it is. the charging for 2 songs i understand that you are mad, but it's generally just not a good idea to be stingy with tips. no matter how you feel about it. you already messed up at that club, but if you go to a new club you should tip well and watch how people treat you better and it will reflect in you making better money too.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to crystalize For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I don't think I messed up, serveral girls have an issue with this guy , yes it's a strip club but this guy constantly doing some creepy sexual harassment stuff. Sounds kinda silly but I mean I get paid for this , if your not tipping me don't grab my butt, don't make bed jokes because I guess I'm here to work just like him and I let it slide and I have always had good relationship with him but the way he came off was disrespectful as hell yelling at me infront of others so next time I see him I will bring it up the manager caught part of it and walked with me and was like "f that don't let him bully you into that ignore him.. As for the guy charging me extra , if he does it again it is comming out of his tips I promise

Thanks

And by I don't think I messed up I mean I think I can still make it work at this club but I'm going to lay a strong boundary as well

Thanks

And our Djs don't let us play whatever there's way too many girls I think, but I'm saying I don't make 600$. Sorry for not making it all in one comment a lot of stuff to remember

Thanks
    Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,781 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

No worries. This is a message board and for all you know the people giving you advice are not who they say they are. Wouldn't be the first time. Handle YOUR money how YOU see fit.
    The Status Quo has their say and their way every day.
    Ladies, time to #FuckShitUp

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Optimist For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I hate tipping out but at the end of the day it does nothing but benefit you. When the staff likes you they will help you when you need it trust me! Money talks.

For example the DJ at my club I have a good relationship with and when I have good nights I throw him an extra $20 on top of the tip I already give him. One day a whale came in the club. DJ called him over and introduced us. For the past four months I now have a regular who comes in the club every week and spends $600-1200 on me every week. It may not sound like much to some of you but it's great to have consistent guaranteed money. I will work all morning then by three my customer shows up and throws me an extra $600 on top of what I already made. If it wasn't for the DJ I would have never met this guy.

As far as security goes- you should always tip them because you never know when you will need them. My friend always low balled the security and gave them attitude when they tried to get to know her. Well one day a customer walked out on a $325 VIP. She cried and begged VIP to help her and they did not care. You teach people how to treat you. Remember that.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bbloveee09 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 792 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by bbloveee09 View Post
    I hate tipping out but at the end of the day it does nothing but benefit you. When the staff likes you they will help you when you need it trust me! Money talks.
    This ^^

It's amazing how far tipping well and being generally friendly/polite with the staff will get you in a club. A few dollars here and there can add up to big returns- things staff flip shit over from other girls i.e. being late for stage, goes away when you're a good tipper (as long as it isn't a habit). And if a doorman etc gets a request from a whale for a girl, he's probably not going to grab a dancer who has been rude to him. There's big "money karma" in a strip club- dancers come and go but staff remember the ones who treated them well- even when you haven't worked a particular club for a long time.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperJa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,916 Times in 918 Posts
    My Mood
    Pensive

^ Actually I'm gonna throw my 2 cents in here where it might not be appreciated. When I was a dancer for 15 years I was like the OP & always tipping out bc I wanted to be liked & treated with respect. However, most clubs I worked at regardless how well I tipped still treated me like shit. They never gave me any special privleges. I would tip DJs way more than they really deserved since I picked out my own songs & told them exactly what I wanted. There was even a time in a shitty club where we couldn't choose what we wanted & ever once in a blue moon he'd play crystal castles for me after I'd asked weeks before that & even tipped him. What did it ever get me?! Nothing. You can tip out but iMO I'd only tip out fairly. If they help you that night THEN tip them otherwise don't. Same goes with managers, DJs, door guys whatever. I dd always tip the door guy/security the minimum bc he walked me to my car everynight but he didn't do anything else special so he got the minimum.

Also too, here's a word to the wise that I had to learn on my own during those 15 years dancing.... Try to protect yourself in that environment whether it be walking out or inside dealing with an asshole custy, bc you never know when you will find yourself alone in a situation where you can't call for help right away. Just be strong & independant , let the staff at whatever club you're working at know you hold you're own bc they'll not only respect you more (if they're not assholes anyway regardless of how well you tip or how nice you are) and also stay off your case about dumb shit. Trust me that got me much further than trying to "pay" my way for respect & admiration from staff.

Strip clubs are all full of politics & it sucks but that's how they thrive amongst themselves, but you don't have to be a part of it. Be strong! Look out for YOU! Good luck hun x0x0
    "Don't go mistaking paradise for a pair of long legs"

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xxxGothBarbie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Something good to think about! Our djs don't work super close to the door guys I never see them come up. I will remember it tho but if I don't see a change in his Pervy ways (he was like that day one before I even tipped out) then we might have issues. But I still can't get over the fact he put me on blast and I didn't even know. I always do the door guys and security always always always. But shame on the Dj for saying the only one you need to tip or deserves a tip is himself
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJa View Post
    This ^^

It's amazing how far tipping well and being generally friendly/polite with the staff will get you in a club. A few dollars here and there can add up to big returns- things staff flip shit over from other girls i.e. being late for stage, goes away when you're a good tipper (as long as it isn't a habit). And if a doorman etc gets a request from a whale for a girl, he's probably not going to grab a dancer who has been rude to him. There's big "money karma" in a strip club- dancers come and go but staff remember the ones who treated them well- even when you haven't worked a particular club for a long time.

Featured Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy

Quote Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
    No worries. This is a message board and for all you know the people giving you advice are not who they say they are. Wouldn't be the first time. Handle YOUR money how YOU see fit.
    Agreed! And the poster being harsh on the OP has attacked me before for no reason. Many non dancers on this site also putting in their two cents. And others putting out their negativity. Ignore these psychic vampire posters. Everyone tip h ow you see fit.
    There's no shame in the game!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xxxGothBarbie View Post
    ^ Actually I'm gonna throw my 2 cents in here where it might not be appreciated. When I was a dancer for 15 years I was like the OP & always tipping out bc I wanted to be liked & treated with respect. However, most clubs I worked at regardless how well I tipped still treated me like shit. They never gave me any special privleges. I would tip DJs way more than they really deserved since I picked out my own songs & told them exactly what I wanted. There was even a time in a shitty club where we couldn't choose what we wanted & ever once in a blue moon he'd play crystal castles for me after I'd asked weeks before that & even tipped him. What did it ever get me?! Nothing. You can tip out but iMO I'd only tip out fairly. If they help you that night THEN tip them otherwise don't. Same goes with managers, DJs, door guys whatever. I dd always tip the door guy/security the minimum bc he walked me to my car everynight but he didn't do anything else special so he got the minimum.

Also too, here's a word to the wise that I had to learn on my own during those 15 years dancing.... Try to protect yourself in that environment whether it be walking out or inside dealing with an asshole custy, bc you never know when you will find yourself alone in a situation where you can't call for help right away. Just be strong & independant , let the staff at whatever club you're working at know you hold you're own bc they'll not only respect you more (if they're not assholes anyway regardless of how well you tip or how nice you are) and also stay off your case about dumb shit. Trust me that got me much further than trying to "pay" my way for respect & admiration from staff.

Strip clubs are all full of politics & it sucks but that's how they thrive amongst themselves, but you don't have to be a part of it. Be strong! Look out for YOU! Good luck hun x0x0
    This is my mentality, too. I ONLY tip out extra when someone points me in the direction of a big spending customer. Otherwise everyone gets the minimum. Whether or not this attitude has hurt me, I don't know, but I think it's fair.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to trustfundkiller For This Useful Post:

Thanks

das
    Quote Originally Posted by trustfundkiller View Post
    This is my mentality, too. I ONLY tip out extra when someone points me in the direction of a big spending customer. Otherwise everyone gets the minimum. Whether or not this attitude has hurt me, I don't know, but I think it's fair.

I agree with you^

The fact that OP's dj told another dancer to give him 50% of her tips shows me he is trying to take advantage of dancers.

Unless a DJ is going above and beyond by playing requested songs or introducing you to spenders, you don't have to tip him buckets. Don't let him take advantage of you.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to buttonpop For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy

^^^ I agree with the past few posts. I had a dancer who is nasty and insulted me she was lecturing me on how much I should tip everyone. I was new to the club. Not new to the biz. It happened a few weeks ago. I think I hit a weird nerve with her. I came to find out she's considered the meanest/ craziest dancer in the club. Go figure....lol! Anyway, I told her that I didn't agree with her tipping philosophy. And then she tried to insult me below the belt. Basically, there are many in this biz with severe mental issues.
    There's no shame in the game!