Thread: For the "Believers" in this forum...

Thanks

Default For the "Believers" in this forum...

I don't know where to post this but I really need to connect with other believer dancers (as in 'born again') on this site, I know there has to be some here so please, This is JUST for you guys. I'm just really trying to find people who can relate.
    So, obviously some of us have genuine faith in God and truly wish to follow Him but for many reasons are still having to work in a dark environment and witness things that hurts us spiritually. I witnessed some evil last night at work and when I came back I had nightmares all night and was being attacked and scared to death, I was only able to wake up when I cried out to God for help. Has this happened to any of you? I know that life itself is a constant spiritual battle but we have to go inside enemy's territory every time we work so that makes us a lot more vulnerable.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Angelica21 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,025 Times in 6,848 Posts
    My Mood
    Doh

Default Re: For the "Believers" in this forum...

I'm so sorry that happened..
    I myself do believe & yes it can be difficult.
    For me making time for prayer everyday helps.
    Today this afternoon I went to church for Good Fri
    I also have 2 books of Scriptual quotes.

Quote HK: Remember, dick gets hard, brain shuts off, money flows from the pocket.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I believe in God. I also believe the "Jesus understand s" rhetoric. Everyone sins and I believe those sins will be evaluated. I don't believe you'll go to hell for riding a dick that didn't give you a ring

6. The Following User Says Thank You to msjoiparker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

I have a huge amount of knowledge about Christianity, but I don't buy in to it in a completely literal way. I now attend 12 step meetings so I can have a spiritual community. The 12 steppers buy into to medicalization of behavior. I don't buy into that either. It is helpful to have a group of people I can completely honest with; however, I'm sure if I disclosed I'm a sex worker-dancer-they would medicalize that into an addiction or something.

Jesus said, "let him without sin throw the first stone." 2Timothy 3:6 is also a good read.
    Last edited by Ifyouseekamy; 04-14-2017 at 10:19 PM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ifyouseekamy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,217 Times in 1,112 Posts

I'm a believer. Prayer and meditation help me stay grounded. I also listen to my inner voice/higher self. Keeps ya outta trouble.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LoveyDovey For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you ladies, it helps to know that there's more of us out there. In my club most of the girls are non believers or cynical about God and I'm always wishing I had someone to talk to. I think even in the strip club industry there's always certain places where darkness is more palpable, it's hard to describe it but you can for sure feel it in the atmosphere and in people's attitudes, and where I work things are going downhill fast, drugs are getting out of control, so much that is hard to find people that are not doing it. I'm taking steps now to move now and find a cleaner atmosphere, so hopefully I'll have a much more peaceful experience. I wish the same for you guys and I'll share with you the song that always helps me when I'm feeling oppressed, attacked or overwhelmed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOkImV2cJDg

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angelica21 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I wish there was a way that I could make squares understand that sexwork isnt associated with the devil but...doesn't seem so so I always end up bottling my thoughts up. Even if I told my counselor I feel like I'd get looked at sideways

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to msjoiparker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,025 Times in 6,848 Posts
    My Mood
    Doh

I love C. Tomlin, @ the cross is my fav
    My fav spiritual songs: Still I Rise, Yolanda Adams, You're Bigger, Jekkalyn Carter, & Break Every Chain Tasha Cobb

Quote HK: Remember, dick gets hard, brain shuts off, money flows from the pocket.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^I do too, pretty much listen to Christian radio only since I don't have a church it's really a lifeline for me, where I get my teachings and encouraging music. I like C.Tomlin, Mercy me, Casting crowns. Maybe you know this one from Mandisa, it's so good it should be mainstream https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z29olPjFbqg

Veteran Member ~*SwanPrincess*~'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 385 Posts

I will say...I pray before I leave my house to go to work and I say another little prayer as soon as Im all ready and about to get on the floor. I just pray for my safety, against having to deal with any bullshit, and that I make some money.
    I know God knows my heart too and in no way do I feel like I dont have God's blessing or anything like that.
    I do have pretty incredible intuition, and if I get a "dark" feeling about a person when Im at work, I just stay away.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~*SwanPrincess*~ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Quote Originally Posted by Angelica21 View Post
    ^I do too, pretty much listen to Christian radio only since I don't have a church it's really a lifeline for me, where I get my teachings and encouraging music. I like C.Tomlin, Mercy me, Casting crowns. Maybe you know this one from Mandisa, it's so good it should be mainstream https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z29olPjFbqg
    Me too. I like Christian Rap. As I said before I don't say I'm Christian.. I get kinda upset when I hear dancers bashing Christians. I understand why they do, but Like all groups there are good,bad, and extreme people. There is huge difference between someone who is religious versus spiritual. I often find answers and hope in my spirituality that just can not be answered in a worldly, secular perspective.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Ifyouseekamy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,217 Times in 1,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ~*SwanPrincess*~ View Post
    I will say...I pray before I leave my house to go to work and I say another little prayer as soon as Im all ready and about to get on the floor. I just pray for my safety, against having to deal with any bullshit, and that I make some money.
    I know God knows my heart too and in no way do I feel like I dont have God's blessing or anything like that.
    I do have pretty incredible intuition, and if I get a "dark" feeling about a person when Im at work, I just stay away.
    Same here.

I even say a little prayer before work, one that I made up myself:

Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John,
    Bless this club we dance upon.

Please protect us from violence, Vice, and sin,
    And please help us to rake it in!

Amen.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ~*SwanPrincess*~ View Post
    The one structured prayer I say before entering the club or the dressing room is actually the 'Serenity Prayer' I've never been to AA but I read it one time and made it my own, it goes like this:
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

The rest of the time and specially when I'm really stressed out and overwhelmed, say.. in a full dressing room friday night.. All I can think of is 'Lord Help' continually, that's for my social anxiety. And as for the 'dark' in some people I'm pretty sensitive to it as well and I avoid people like that even if it means loosing money, is not worth it, and I believe that's God's Spirit directing and protecting.
    I agree that God knows the heart of everyone of us, and when we truly love Him. So many people just 'appear' to have perfect christian lives but their hearts are so far away from Him, Jesus chose to be friends with the most unlikely often times unwanted people and called the religious 'temple going' ones hypocrites.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Angelica21 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouseekamy View Post
    Me too. I like Christian Rap. As I said before I don't say I'm Christian.. I get kinda upset when I hear dancers bashing Christians. I understand why they do, but Like all groups there are good,bad, and extreme people. There is huge difference between someone who is religious versus spiritual. I often find answers and hope in my spirituality that just can not be answered in a worldly, secular perspective.
    I really like this one from Lecrae https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuiEcnENTWI

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Angelica21 For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks

Why do we waste so much time and energy debating what is or is not sin? That is for God to determine.

What is most important (to Christian believers) is that Jesus died for the forgiveness of ALL our sins and God is a loving and forgiving God.

You can pray each night - Lord, if I have done anything to offend you today, please forgive me, and please show me the right path to take. - That's it. It's that simple.
    Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood.
    - Oscar Wilde

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jack0177057 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I left the industry 6 years ago after becoming Born Again and finding a very good vanilla job. I came back to the industry a couple of weeks ago. I am very angry with God right now because I feel he failed me. I worked so hard to live a normal life. I have also been in regular therapy seeking healing for all of the things working in the industry did to me. I lost my job over a year ago and had a lot of crap come up that caused me to go through my entire savings. I have nothing now, so I made a very quick decision to go back. I am having a very hard time getting out of bed in the morning.

I want to think that my Christian beliefs have just brainwashed me into believing this is such a terrible job. I need to do this otherwise I will end up homeless. I feel let down by everyone in my life. Since trying to do the "right thing" (work vanilla) I lost friends because I did not have time to spend with them, I was called selfish, all while being treated like shit by my boss.

I told my therapist I went back in and I don't think she knows what to do for me anymore. She questioned if I think she is the right therapist for me. And after spending over a year with her I think she is ready to terminate me as her client.

I just want to be able to do this work, make decent money again, have a savings, not have financial stress anymore, and be able to have time for other people again. Living in constant fear of being homeless is not OK. God did not work out anything for me, I feel so much worse now than when I was trying to leave years ago.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BubblyBlonde For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Quote Originally Posted by BubblyBlonde View Post
    I left the industry 6 years ago after becoming Born Again and finding a very good vanilla job. I came back to the industry a couple of weeks ago. I am very angry with God right now because I feel he failed me. I worked so hard to live a normal life. I have also been in regular therapy seeking healing for all of the things working in the industry did to me. I lost my job over a year ago and had a lot of crap come up that caused me to go through my entire savings. I have nothing now, so I made a very quick decision to go back. I am having a very hard time getting out of bed in the morning.

I want to think that my Christian beliefs have just brainwashed me into believing this is such a terrible job. I need to do this otherwise I will end up homeless. I feel let down by everyone in my life. Since trying to do the "right thing" (work vanilla) I lost friends because I did not have time to spend with them, I was called selfish, all while being treated like shit by my boss.

I told my therapist I went back in and I don't think she knows what to do for me anymore. She questioned if I think she is the right therapist for me. And after spending over a year with her I think she is ready to terminate me as her client.

I just want to be able to do this work, make decent money again, have a savings, not have financial stress anymore, and be able to have time for other people again. Living in constant fear of being homeless is not OK. God did not work out anything for me, I feel so much worse now than when I was trying to leave years ago.
    One of the cons of living in with therapy culture is moral relativism and over-focusing on the individual. I think in a relatively healthy system (family, work, community) it's reasonable to suggest an individual can solve most their problems. In today's culture, I don't buy into anymore. Therapy helped me not internalize worldy problems, but it doesn't comfort me like faith . At some point coping skills aren't enough to deal with shitty people and problems.

When asked the most important commandment Jesus said love you neighbor. Most Christians don't treat strippers with compassion instead there's a legalistic approach. To which I say, he without sin can cast the first stone. Don't feel bad bubbly you didn't do anything wrong. I feel for you. You give all you got to better yourself and fuck look what's happenes....been there. You had the courage to make a mistake. I go to a program called celebrate recovery. I tell them I'm a waitress it's just to hard to tell them I'm sinner...lol. They have free food and clothes at my program.

Good luck and I hope you start feeling better hugs
    Last edited by Ifyouseekamy; 05-12-2017 at 10:31 PM.