Thread: Laser hair removal...what to look for?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Default Laser hair removal...what to look for?

I'm looking at places to get laser hair removal on my thighs and bikini line...i get the worst ingrown hairs that causes horrible follicilitis and then in my anger at these red bumps i pick and pick with the tweezers! anyways...for those ladies who got it done what did you look for in a doctor and theyre office? how quickly were you able to go back to work? thank you ladies!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dot For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Re: Laser hair removal...what to look for?

Bump!
    Looking into laser hair removal after a horrible waxing experience (hot wax made my skin peel raw after the third day, and tired of the ingrown hairs and dark discoloration on my coochie).

Can you tell me if it actually works? I had a consultation with ideal image and it was more of a sale pitch than an actual consultation.

What should I look for in a laser, dermatologist, etc to make sure I am safe and getting a good treatment.
    Lola

Thanks

It works best if your hairs are dark and skin is light. I have light skin with kinda brown pubic hair and it still worked well on me. It’s drastically cut the amount of ingrowns and irritation I have, and now I just have to do 2-3 follow up appointments a year. For a while I’ll have no hair at all, but towards when it’s time for a maintenance visit it’ll start to grow back lightly, and I’ll just shave it with an electric razor. I’ve had an amazing experience and highly recommend it. I found my technician through her good yelp reviews, so I’d start there

Thanks

Also, in my opinion the pain isn’t nearly as bad as a wax! I was nervous most about the pain.

Thanks

How quickly? You leave in like 30 minutes the same way you came. Iím going in for my second appt this Saturday as a matter of fact and since itís the only facility Iíve ever been at Iím not even sure what should and shouldnít be expected. Wow, I am no help today.

The person doing your procedure should explain fully what you can expect and what you should do as far as ďaftercareĒ. Expect the area right above your clit to hurt the worst - even though the temporary discomfort is better than waxing or shaving for the rest of your life. Aside from that...
    -Noob of all Noobs-

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,178 Times in 421 Posts

I highly recommend, just to see how it works on you the remington I light. I got mine on amazon, the cheaper version. I did a treatment once a week, but it says to use once every two weeks. After 4 treatments, noticeable results. If I dont do maintenance like once a month, hair does grow back but it is patchy and finer regrowth. I am satisfied with this home ipl unit, it is not technically the same as pro laser, but the cartridges are only $15. I should have taken before and afters. I have slacked and have to laser tomorrow night. I am going to do my full legs soon, but for now bikini, calves, chin lol.
    Visit www.thestonerette.com right now and puff, puff, pout! TheStonerette is a blog dedicated to female stoners from all walks of life! TheStonerette features beauty how-to's, sex tips, candid stiletto stoner interviews, and so much more! Cheif it up and check us out right now!

Thanks

I have a consultation coming up on Saturday. Had a friend who got laser done at that location and she hasn't hair grow back since. And better yet I was looking at groupon and they have 8 treatments for extra large areas for $450. #winning. Will keep everyone posted.
    Lola

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LolaCandy View Post
    I have a consultation coming up on Saturday. Had a friend who got laser done at that location and she hasn't hair grow back since. And better yet I was looking at groupon and they have 8 treatments for extra large areas for $450. #winning. Will keep everyone posted.
    I got mine on groupon too lol. Brazilian and armpit, 6 treatments for $250. I HAD to snatch that deal up.
    -Noob of all Noobs-