Thread: Your lifestyle strategies for anti-ageing...

Thanks

Default Your lifestyle strategies for anti-ageing...

I don't mean by procedures such as laser surgery or botox etc. but actual lifestyle choices that you daily do yourself, like exercising.

Imagine this is a strategy being considered for someone between the ages of 25 and 35 (or any age for that matter), and a strategy requiring minimal daily effort and no snake oil products.

So here goes, this is actually up for discussion since I haven't fully implemented this, I've also collected some ideas from former posts on this forum.
    Would love to hear your strategies, suggestions and thoughts!

Skincare

-Obviously no smoking and less or no drinking (there is debate as to whether or not a little alcohol does help anti-ageing).

-Moisturising at night (a given)

-Taking less sun / no sun beds etc.

-Wearing sun cream / SPF 15 moisturiser during the day (although I have been told to be very careful about this, since most suncreams are toxic releasing free radicals in the sun and actually damaging your skin, Avobenzone, Ensulizole etc.) - I've yet to find an natural non-greasy SPF 15 moisturiser without such ingredients that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

-Retin-A - I have heard great things about this and wish that I had started earlier, although I'm concerned about the long term effects, what happens after a decade of using it? Does it burn your skin out?

Diet

-Intermittent fasting? So eating once a day. Or should it be several small portions in the day? (I do better fasting the whole day and I personally believe the fasted way is better for anti-ageing).

-Completely omitting simple sugars from one's diet (glycation)

-Reducing carbohydrates in meals (I am told the insulin response causes significant glycation of your skin and thus ageing). So rice and grains are out.

-Eating more fats.

-Not eating meat or dairy and becoming a strict vegan (the only difficulty I can find with this is where to get your protein from, I know yellow split mung beans are an excellent source but they are also high in carbs).

I've taken a lot from this article for better or for worse:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ook-older.html

Exercise

I'm in two minds about how to go about this, since I enjoy exercising in particular fairly intense practices such as gymnastics/calisthenics conditioning but I'm worried that I might over do it, overexercise and thus actually cause stress ageing.

-Stripping itself (a given).

-Ashtanga Yoga - this can be a fairly intense practice especially at higher levels and I'm worried that due to higher level practice this will cause ageing (like what Madonna did to herself through intense Yoga practice).

-No endurance sports, no running, no marathons, no swimming (because of chlorine in the water really), no cycling etc.

Some excellent advice below (link at the bottom), although I'd prefer to take it further.

Quote Originally Posted by tennisqt
    Get your heart rate up (3 times a week)

Find your target exercising heart rate: 220 - [your age] X .80

Do strength training (30 minutes a week)
    The thing is I tend to look a bit older when I lose a lot of weight and become fairly muscular, it's ok if I stick to just being toned but I like to take exercise further (toned is better for stripping than muscular for sure)

Other points

Lots of sleep and low stress life style (meticulous planning).

Some good points on the following posts:

https://dev.stripperweb.com/forum/sh...ging-Checklist
    Last edited by ScorpioLegs; 05-11-2017 at 05:57 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ScorpioLegs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,341 Times in 506 Posts

Default Re: Your lifestyle strategies for anti-ageing...

Sunscreen and hat, and exfoliating skin regularly.

Paleo diet, focus on more healthy fats and good proteins rather than carbs. I don't think carbs are that bad at small portions, but it shouldn't be your main diet. Fresh vegetables regularly. Eat organ meats when possible.

Stretching and weightlifting.

Weekly earning target: $1000
    Saving for: school, traveling, rainy day fund

Quote Originally Posted by charlie61 View Post
    What would "future you" want you to do right now?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cashmere Star For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The #1 anti-aging trick in the whole world is to love yourself and to do what makes you happy. You can do all that stuff and more and if you're not happy, that's gonna age you more than anything. I met Weezer a couple of years ago, those guys have the best energy and they look young af. I asked Brian Bell what his secret was and he said "we love what we do". That's really the best kept secret there is to anti-aging.

But for physical stuff, don't just moisturize at night. Moisturize at least 2x a day, and never forget to moisturize after you shower. Use natural moisturizers that have plant-based ingredients from the health food store. I get a huge bottle of EO Everyone lotion and use that, it feels the best and absorbs right into the skin and it's only like 10 bucks. I've been moisturizing twice a day since I was 12/13 and my skin is BABY smooth and super soft and firm. Drink lots of water. Eat pure vegan. The stuff about not getting protein in vegan diets is complete bullshit (where do animals get their protein?) and is ALWAYS due to human error, not knowing what your body really needs to function and/ or not knowing how to feed yoruself properly. So is the stuff about needing to cut out carbs. If you cut out carbs, you cut out the food that your brain needs to function. Don't overdo it on the carbs, but it's best to eat a balanced diet, not one that is heavilly swayed in one direction or another. Going vegan, you're going to have to learn how to feed yourself properly, as humans were meant to eat, this means learning how to eat a balanced diet without the violent, unhealthy crutch of animal products.

Don't sunburn. The stuff about the sun being bad for you is bullshit, just make sure to use a sunscreen and not burn. Protect yourself. We need the sun to survive, but overdoing anything will hurt you.

Don't smoke, don't drink yourself into an early grave, exercise (weightlifting), and, most importantly, LISTEN to your body and what it needs. Give your body what it needs, and it will give you what you need right back.
    Last edited by babb; 05-12-2017 at 12:53 PM.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to babb For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,730 Times in 1,052 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Low stress and taking time to indulge in your hobbies/continue learning new skills. Also, not putting up with other peoples' stress and issues. I feel and look so much better now that my life is less stressful.

ETA: omg, did I really use the word "stress" that many times?! But really, it makes a world of difference
    Last edited by seashell; 05-12-2017 at 04:13 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seashell For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yea stress is definitely a huge factor to ageing.

babb I didn't mean completely removing carbs from one's diet but reducing them and avoiding fast sugars (or things that spice your insulin response too fast), rice is very bad for this for example but things like sweet potato aren't too bad. I'm definitely going to have to learn to feed myself properly going vegan for sure, I know I feel so much better not eating meat, I'm told it does wonders for your skin too. About the protein you mean you can just get them from vegetables or do you have to supplement with mung beans or other vegan protein source?

About exercise, how much is considered over exercising? 2 hours a day intense too much?

Quote Originally Posted by seashell
    Also, not putting up with other peoples' stress and issues. I feel and look so much better now that my life is less stressful.
    This is so true thank you for this.
    Last edited by ScorpioLegs; 05-12-2017 at 04:24 PM.

Featured Member We had a rabbit like you's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,167 Times in 663 Posts
    My Mood
    Daring

Beyond not smoking, drinking, drugging, staying up late, not exercising, bad relationship etc...

If you're looking for great sunscreen (and that's a MUST if you're worried about aging as it accounts for over 75% of signs of aging) badger sunscreen spf 30. It's cheap with literally like 3-4 ingredients . Tinted won't leave you w ghostly white skin. You need at least 30, every day, all day. Fluorescent lights also emit UV and uva penetrates through windows, and even on cloudy days you need it cause clouds only blocks out 20% of the suns rays. So get used to wear it from the min you get up til you go to bed, and get used to wearing hats during the summer.

Use anti oxidants on your face (I use rosehip oil and emu oil , thinking of making my own masks too ) and moisturize heavily. Unrefined butters and oils are the bomb. Peptides and ceramides too. But stay away from the preservatives and fragrances.

I like eating foods high in collagen like bone broth and gelatins. Your skin not absorb collagen creams so don't bother w those, but they have recently found that consuming it WILL make a difference.
    eating tons of antioxidants like turmeric is also a given..

I'm going to try red light therapy and micro needling as well, the few times I tried them I could see the results immediately
    I've done business with men who think I'm as silly as I look; by the time they figure out I'm not, I've done got the money and gone -Dolly Parton

a motherfukin hustler kamikaze//I used to bus tables but now I sell my body

11. The Following User Says Thank You to We had a rabbit like you For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by We had a rabbit like you
    I like eating foods high in collagen like bone broth and gelatins. Your skin not absorb collagen creams so don't bother w those, but they have recently found that consuming it WILL make a difference.
    Yes I have heard this so eating soups like a bone broth from chicken being high in collagen and gelatins.

This is the one contention I have with going vegan, chicken bone broth is the only thing made from meat I'd want to ever eat (and I do like it) - I'm hoping I can find a vegan source of collagen and gelatins however.

badger sunscreen spf 30
    Thanks for this, I'll look it up, are you sure I need SPF 30, will SPF 15 not suffice (I am in the UK) and I presume the tinted mimicks skin colour.

Just read that it's quite oily do you know of one that is not oily? Likewise it'd be wonderful to find a sunscreen that is also a moisturiser 2 in 1.

Unrefined butters and oils are the bomb. Peptides and ceramides too. But stay away from the preservatives and fragrances.
    Can you enlighten me about these? When do you apply these? I want to get into a simple regular routine I can follow with all the products, exercise and diet.
    Last edited by ScorpioLegs; 05-12-2017 at 06:19 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ScorpioLegs For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Virtually 100% organic diet with little to no sugar - I'll rarely even touch fruit and perhaps allow myself dark chocolate with 80% cacao content once or twice a week. Lectin avoidance - no grains, nightshade vegetables, or beans. Dairy, meat and seafood are fine in moderation, but only grass-fed/wild caught.

I began taking black cumin oil for digestive health and have also noticed that my skin is clearer and my nails are stronger and less brittle. It's also supposed to help with weight loss and lower blood sugar.

No steady state cardio. I control my weight and body composition mostly through diet, but do yoga for strength and flexibility and to relieve muscle tension.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the red queen For This Useful Post:

Featured Member We had a rabbit like you's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,167 Times in 663 Posts
    My Mood
    Daring

^good point that I forgot, refined white sugars age the skin by destroying collagen.

@scorpio: I would recommend 30, that's what I've always read from dermatologists. It's slightly "oily" but oils are great for anti aging and oils themselves don't cause acne. You can check out "ewg's top rated sunscreens" for others that don't harm your skin

The butters (unrefined) that I use are Shea and I want to try cocoa butter. I use a wash (cerave ) w ceramides in it but you can buy creams , same with peptides. "Paula's choice" website is a great resource for good face washes and creams, they go into depth about which ingrdients are good vs harmful.
    I've done business with men who think I'm as silly as I look; by the time they figure out I'm not, I've done got the money and gone -Dolly Parton

a motherfukin hustler kamikaze//I used to bus tables but now I sell my body

17. The Following User Says Thank You to We had a rabbit like you For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the red queen View Post
    Virtually 100% organic diet with little to no sugar - I'll rarely even touch fruit and perhaps allow myself dark chocolate with 80% cacao content once or twice a week. Lectin avoidance - no grains, nightshade vegetables, or beans. Dairy, meat and seafood are fine in moderation, but only grass-fed/wild caught.

I began taking black cumin oil for digestive health and have also noticed that my skin is clearer and my nails are stronger and less brittle. It's also supposed to help with weight loss and lower blood sugar.

No steady state cardio. I control my weight and body composition mostly through diet, but do yoga for strength and flexibility and to relieve muscle tension.
    That sounds great, I don't particularly like fruit anyway and prefer my veg, how would you go about said diet without meat and seafood? I was hoping to incorporate mung beans and chick peas for my protein content as well as nuts, but the lectin avoidance would mean omitting those.

I can imagine if I am exercising a lot though I'll need more energy.

I was really interested in this lady, makes me think of going raw vegan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6oJA_xhTa8

Quote Originally Posted by "
    The butters (unrefined) that I use are Shea and I want to try cocoa butter. I use a wash (cerave ) w ceramides in it but you can buy creams , same with peptides. "Paula's choice" website is a great resource for good face washes and creams, they go into depth about which ingrdients are good vs harmful.
    When do you put this on? I must say I'm 31 now have neglected my skin for sometime now, hope I'm not too late, same goes with Retin-A which I'd like to try.

Thanks

Just two cents for EO Everyone Cream -I've read about it here, got it, tried it -and it really works for me.

Thanks

shea butter and jojoba oil are amazing. my skin never looked so much better from such a small change as when i started using shea butter. i try to only use organic lotion, soap, shampoo and condition. i plan on slowly switching to organic makeup too.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to itsthelala For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,979 Times in 4,050 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

Orgasms daily or multiple times a week

Stay flexible and limber

Sunglasses always to keep crows feet away

Muscle toning and dry brushing to keep cellulite away
    Join The Group Below
    420 Chat
    Online Dating
    Tech Talk

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Eating Caveman Diet, drinking green tea. Certain multivitamins and supplements (fish oil and liquid vitamins and minerals) and foadmap diet (good for digestive tract. NO dairy, gluten, comfort carbs, bad oils, and excess sugars. I still eat fruit, I allow myself potatoes and white rice (2x a week) I am very thin so when I cut out white rice entirely I lost weight and I am already thin enough. FOADMAP helps to learn to avoid which foods will irritate the gut. Since I am leary of them and cut out most of them I notice a big difference in my appearance.

Water for life!

Yoga 3-4 times a week

Pamper day once a week. Facial with egg whites, sea salt or whatever else I want to use, toning with acv. Facial massage and facial excercises ONCE A WEEK.

Dry brush every other day. Oil Pull every other day (teeth and oral health are very important) Floss every other day (I know but fuck the every day flossing)

1 Tablespoon of coconut oil or evoo (high quality) eaten alone or with food every day

1 Tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with mother or half of lemon with water every other day (sometimes only 2 times a week) If I do this too much it effects my tummy. Less is more!

Wash hair only every few days. Use low sulfate shampoo and silicone free conditioner. coconut or evoo in hair once every few weeks as an overnight treatment.

Wash face and body with castille soap ONLY. Tone full body and face with apple cider vinegar I dilute mine 75% water 25% acv. Half and half leads to oily skin for me. Castille soap is very basic and acv helps restore acid mantle. I spray this everywhere even on poon.

In mornings I do not wash face with any cleansers. I take a water only rinse off shower and only use soap on pits and holes lol. No cleansers on face in am. Water wash, pat dry and moisturize with EVOO/argan oil. Whatever I am using at the time (I vary my oils)

I double cleanse when I do wear makeup. Slathering evoo or oil of choice all over face, letting it sit for a few mins then washing with castile soap. This removes any trace of makeup, and leaves skin so soft!

Epsom salt or sea salt baths once or twice a month...I could do more but I get lazy.

My mains are the apple cider vinegar skin toner and oils. I began using these in my routine since I was 27. I still look 27 and have been a heavy smoker and drinker. I am amazed that I do really look much younger for my age. It can be a bit much sometimes and I plan on getting fillers around 37ish. I know it is best to get them before wrinkles appear but eh. Some weeks my routine is not as crazy cause I take breaks from it and get lazy. I do my best with eating well and moderation is key but rarely slip up because when I do I feel like shit. I do not go all organic or grass fed but I do buy this way when affordable. Cutting out all of the bad foods will allow more money for real food in the long run.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ComaRose For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm 40 years old and look 21 years old without makeup and 25 years old with makeup.

Here are a few tips to remaining ageless.

* No smoking. (Don't do it!)

* No drugs. (Just Say No!)

* No drinking. (Studies are showing that alcohol increases your risk to develop ALL forms of cancer.)

* No children. (Having children wears out your body and your mind.)

* Stable and supportive relationships. (I've been with the same man for 19 years. Neither my husband nor myself has really aged in this time. I think it is because we are good friends and support each other no matter what. Relationship headaches age you mentally and physically.)

* Balanced diet. (Lean protein, whole grains, vegetables, fruits, beans, nuts, seeds, legumes, healthy fats, lots of water, green tea, herbal tea, limit refined sugar and processed foods)

* Regular exercise. (Moderate physical activity 3 - 5 times a week.)

* Daily meditation. (Spirituality is very important. You do not need to practice religion, but you need to practice self-analysis and be self-perceptive. Meditation helps lead to self awareness and self understanding which then allows for one to be motivated to achieving the best life possible.)

* Daily learning and education. (You must take care of your mind. You need to stimulate your mind and engage in activities that lead to learning and the development of new skills and expanded knowledge.)

* Advanced Skincare Ingredients and Skincare Rituals (Retinol, Niacinamide, Vitamin C, Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acids, Chemical Peels, Radio Frequency, Microneedling, etc.)
    Last edited by EricaErotica; 05-19-2017 at 03:54 PM.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to EricaErotica For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks

no drinking, drugs, or smoking, and tonsss of water everyday, and SUNSCREEN

Thanks

Some really great points, thanks guys.

I'm thinking about going paleo-vegan (yes there is such a thing!).

Thanks
    Thanked 5,777 Times in 2,298 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EricaErotica View Post
    I'm 40 years old and look 21 years old without makeup and 25 years old with makeup.

Here are a few tips to remaining ageless.

* No smoking. (Don't do it!)

* No drugs. (Just Say No!)

* No drinking. (Studies are showing that alcohol increases your risk to develop ALL forms of cancer.)

* No children. (Having children wears out your body and your mind.)

* Stable and supportive relationships. (I've been with the same man for 19 years. Neither my husband nor myself has really aged in this time. I think it is because we are good friends and support each other no matter what. Relationship headaches age you mentally and physically.)

* Balanced diet. (Lean protein, whole grains, vegetables, fruits, beans, nuts, seeds, legumes, healthy fats, lots of water, green tea, herbal tea, limit refined sugar and processed foods)

* Regular exercise. (Moderate physical activity 3 - 5 times a week.)

* Daily meditation. (Spirituality is very important. You do not need to practice religion, but you need to practice self-analysis and be self-perceptive. Meditation helps lead to self awareness and self understanding which then allows for one to be motivated to achieving the best life possible.)

* Daily learning and education. (You must take care of your mind. You need to stimulate your mind and engage in activities that lead to learning and the development of new skills and expanded knowledge.)

* Advanced Skincare Ingredients and Skincare Rituals (Retinol, Niacinamide, Vitamin C, Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acids, Chemical Peels, Radio Frequency, Microneedling, etc.)
    All of this.

Also exercise. Even if it's just yoga.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVsr...k&spfreload=10
    "They're a bit strange in Los Angeles" Duckie, "NCIS"I've walked in L.A.. It was to my car, so I could drive in L.A..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty

Good tips girls!

My friend is 35 and she only drinks evian water she doesn't drink or smoke due to medication. She has very good skin, a few lines on the forehead slightly overweight but no obvious signs of ageing! I think having good skin is also due to having good gynes in the family.