Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very low calorie diet & keeping occupied?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,488 Times in 3,474 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Default Very low calorie diet & keeping occupied?

Hey girls so I need to lose two dress sizes (from a UK 12/14 down to a 10). I only really have just over a week so I know that's probably not possible in such a short time frame but I'm still aiming to lose as much as possible. I figure since camming can be 24/7 it's a perfect way to keep myself occupied and not focused on food. I still want to be getting the correct nutrients so I thought I could do a couple of protein drinks per day So I'm getting at least 30-40g protein and I'll mix in my bioglan supergreens powder (mix of 81 superfoods) and also take a multi vitamin. I have this awesome book called appetite for reduction which lists recipes that fill you up but are all under 400 calories, so I thought one main evening meal like this. All in all I'd be getting 600-700 calories per day. Have any of you ever done this or something similar? How much do you think I could lose in a week? Obviously I know it's only a quick fix and I'll have to work on a more suitable long term eating and exercise plan to keep the weight off permanently. I'm currently healthy so think I'm OK to do this. Just looking for tips? X
    "If you want to earn more, learn more" ~ Zig Ziglar

Thanks
    Thanked 15,128 Times in 4,606 Posts

Default Re: Very low calorie diet & keeping occupied?

No, no, no! 600-700 calories per day is NOT good and will do the exact opposite of what you want. I tried that after I had my daughter and the weight just was not coming off. It ended up having the opposite effect. I started gaining weight, instead of losing it. When you restrict calories like that your body will go into survival mode. Anything that you eat when you do eat gets stored. Sure, you might lose a few water weight pounds but you'll end up gaining more when you do return to normal eating habits. This can make your belly get that bloated look. Have you ever seen pictures of starving kids in Africa or other third world countries that look like walking skeletons with the big bellies? That's from malnourishment and not getting enough calories, among other things. Your energy levels will crash. Your mood will be affected. You can develop all kinds of health problems. Please, while the protein sounds good, supergreens powder, and multivitamins, don't go under 1200 calories a day.

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to WendiStarr For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,630 Times in 1,173 Posts

I think you'll see a bigger difference in your body if you amp up the exercise on top of eating very healthy and light. If you really only have a week I would go hard in the gym everyday, especially with HIIT cardio. I hate cardio but when I do HIIT I swear I start dropping weight so fast. You know like alternate sprinting and walking at 1 minute intervals for 20 minutes or so.

I'm not sure how much weight you can actually lose in a week, but I bet you'll notice a big difference just in the mirror and in how your clothes fit. I mean a week isn't really that long at all lol but I know personally if I really watch what I eat for just a few days I already start to notice a difference in how I look.

But I really think you'll lose more weight doing this rather than starving yourself and being sedentary everyday. Just make a routine of getting in a good workout each morning and each night and keep yourself busy during the day on cam. Drink lots and lots of water too! That should help keep your body from retaining water so you can drop a little more weight.

Oh and also.. I would try to keep myself busy with things that are active. Like walking my dog, going hiking, going to a class at the gym (spin is great), running errands, cleaning, etc. Good luck!

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 22lligm For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So that you lose fat, not muscle you're going to want to raise you calories to at least 1,000. While you will lose weight with an extremely low calorie diet, you're burning up lean mass as well as fat for energy which reduced your overall metabolic rate and makes likelihood of weight regain much higher than if you stick to a calorie deficit that promotes fat burning (for women this recommended amount is 1200.)
    In a week you can lose up to seven lbs (this is mostly water weight though) with a low calorie diet. After that since water loss will be out of the way you'll be looking at about 2 lbs per week. Staying active/occupied is a lot easier when your body is receiving enough calories to survive. But, I'm on a diet right now and what I do is watch movies, work on crafts, and drink lots of water/tea.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rayonstilts For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Thanks all. I'm aware of the dangers and really don't care. I'm in good health and relatively good fitness and this is only for a week, pretty sure I won't die I forgot to mention I'm 5'6 and 135lbs. Im alrwady eating around 1500 cals but been gaining weight, i think due to lack of exercise. Exercise is all well and good but takes far too long to achieve significant weight loss (or look like I have) with that and a 1000 call diet. I've read enough about vlcd's to know they work and fast (and yes the dangers too). I just wanted tips on keeping myself occupied through it really and if anyone else has lost any decent amount on only a week x

Thanks
    Thanked 13,256 Times in 4,316 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    In Love

You may lose weight in the short term, I won't dispute that. But because your skin won't have time to acclimate from so rapid a change, you'll be stuck with loose, sagging skin. I knew a girl back in Albuquerque whose ass sagged so bad she had to wear thigh highs for support. You can achieve satisfactory weight loss in a timely manner IF you adhere to a consistent, disciplined and SANE regimen. Balance is the key.

I turned into Fatty Patty McFatFuck last summer and ballooned up to 131 at only 5'. I don't want to hear your gripes at 5'6.

I went back on the Paleo diet and started hitting the gym consistently 5-6x a week. If my short, stubby ass can do it so can you.
    "Fake tits are like Kevlar. They don't guarantee your chances of survival but they sure as hell improve it."
    Tempest

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tempest666 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

I won't stick to it though that's the point. I need fast results. As soon as I see them it'll motivate me to keep trying. Anyways I'm starting today so will update after 7 days on case anyone else is interested.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,043 Times in 1,256 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Quote Originally Posted by sexysusie View Post
    I won't stick to it though that's the point. I need fast results. As soon as I see them it'll motivate me to keep trying. Anyways I'm starting today so will update after 7 days on case anyone else is interested.
    why would you wanna go that low on cal?
    not all cal are bad and will affect your weight
    also like pointed out previous when you go that low your body will get in survival mode and produce extra sugar on its own

Did you ever heard of Macro counting
    i started doing this recently and its a big help.. i use it for gaining muscle though, but you can also use it to loose weight
    (just google it or search youtube.. they also have macro calculators)

keep the fat % and sugar% low. Ditch all premade dinners, ditch all the soda and sugar drinks which are all of them, ditch candy and cookies and anything with refined sugar
    do get your protein and cal though but from good sources (veggies, 1 fruit or 2 a day, nuts; maybe walnuts bec they have less fat, beans)

You will not gain eating veggies or eating protein (only if you dont move at all, but you cam) I agree with the others, up going to the gym if you wanna loose weight even faster.

you can eat 1 advocado a day, it has high fat but it does help your body to digest and burn throught he rest of the fat you intake
    http://healthiestfoods.co.uk/avocados-for-weight-loss

PS
    Protein is very important for weight loss
    from all the macros protein is the one that your body needs most energy for to burn/digest it
    If you take protein in, it will help you burn through other cal bec your body needs to digest it, and will therefor burn through other cal to do it

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/weigh...in-weight-loss

http://healthyliving.azcentral.com/b...ngry-2823.html
    Last edited by IvyRose; 07-19-2017 at 11:06 AM.
    You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help enough other people get what they want - Zig Ziglar

"Be thankful for the troubles of your job. They provide about half your income Robert R. Updegraff

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to IvyRose For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

I'm sorry and i know this will be unpopular but starvation mode is a myth. It really only happens when you are ACTUALLY starving to death. A low calorie diet will not make you gain or "hold onto" fat. Again, that only happens when you are extremely underweight. Your body cannot make something out of nothing. If you burn more than you consume you will lose weight. With this type of low calorie diet you will probably feel weak, tired and maybe dizzy but it's not the worst thing in the world to do short-term. If people gained weight by not eating then how do you explain holocaust victims?

For people who say "your metabolism will slow down!" ...No. It doesn't work like that. It will not slow down to the point where you won't lose weight. People who say this has happened are either overestimating calories burned or underestimating calories consumed.

If you need to lose weight quickly, count calories and lower your carbs. It's good for getting rid of a lot of water weight fast.
    "The itsy bitsy stripper climbed up the brassy pole,
    Down came her legs and wrapped around my soul
    "

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AlenaRoza For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Thanks. Well so far nothing lost. I think my body is incapable haha. Sticking at it.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to sexysusie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

I lost 2lbs already

19. The Following User Says Thank You to sexysusie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Well done Susie! Keep us updated! The way I would approach this is take an intermittent fasting approach, 20 hours a day fasted approx. Leave eating til the latter half of the day, eating 1-2 meals. If I graze, I did the floodgates open and I am in total hell. I really believe you're notgoing to ruin your metabolism in a week, that comes about through chronic dieting. If you are worried though, you can try reverse dieting when you do up for calories. I would love to hear about your progress.. Good luck! Sorry for typos, can only seem to log in to stripper Web on my mobile now annoyingly. X

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arwen25 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

^ that's pretty much what i've always done anyway, but i ate way too much per portion and do little to no exercise. Anyway since i started this (including weds) i've averaged about 800 calories per day. That's higher than I had planned but I seem to be losing a little as I'm down 3lbs as of today. I am using recipes from this fantastic book called appetite for reduction which are all high protein plant based meals, but all under 400 calories. I don't feel hungry at all and haven't had any headaches or any issues to speak of. I actually have another 3 days after my planned week so may continue just to see if i can lose any more.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,066 Times in 410 Posts
    My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by sexysusie View Post
    ^ that's pretty much what i've always done anyway, but i ate way too much per portion and do little to no exercise. Anyway since i started this (including weds) i've averaged about 800 calories per day. That's higher than I had planned but I seem to be losing a little as I'm down 3lbs as of today. I am using recipes from this fantastic book called appetite for reduction which are all high protein plant based meals, but all under 400 calories. I don't feel hungry at all and haven't had any headaches or any issues to speak of. I actually have another 3 days after my planned week so may continue just to see if i can lose any more.
    It could also be water weight seriously try to drink at least 8-10 glasses a day. I've lost 10 lbs in one month on a high protein and vegetable diet,(40 min of cardio/4 days per week) it's not about restricting calories all the time, bc you can eat as many vegetables as you want your body metabolizes them well(most people feel full
    enough with all the fiber not to overeat like they do w processed foods).
    Earn $$$ from sexting and phone calls:
    https://www.sextpanther.com/apply?id=3508

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jasmine22 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

She's only doing it for 1 week. Frankly, I don't think she'll lose enough for all of her skin to sag in that time or for her metabolism to go hay-wire or anything else. She's probably going to lose a lb + water weight when all is said and done. 3500 cals = 1lb. She's eating 800, and her metabolism at rest is probably ~1400 if she gained at 1500 calories. So if she burns 1400 and eats 800 she has 600 calories left a day. In five days she'd be down 1lb of fat. But, unless you are incredibly underweight and suffering from an ED when you start a diet you lose a few lbs of water weight which is indeed motivational, which is what she is looking for.

P.S. Like everyone else said, don't do this for long periods of time. Also, don't be upset when you switch to a normal diet and put on weight temporarily.
    Last edited by PinkPopcorn; 07-26-2017 at 07:31 AM.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PinkPopcorn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Thanks you guys. I did lose 3lbs in the end but put it back on over the weekend while I was away ha! One thing I'm crap at is drinking enough water so going on into the future now I'm going to work on that and fast at least 2 days a week.

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,627 Times in 2,574 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

To the greatest extent possible eliminate carbohydrates.

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Women should never go below 1200 calories in a day. It is just not healthy. You will not be getting all required nutrients, etc. TMI, but you will also be constipated if you go below that amount from not getting enough fiber in your diet. As a result, your stomach will look big and bloated.

Eat "mini meals" throughout the day instead of eating three big ones. This should help with hunger and eating smaller portions will make you feel and look less bloated. Aim for a small meal every 2-3 hours. You should also make sure you are getting a lot of fat and protein in each meal, which will help you to feel fuller for longer. I also drink 2 bottles of water between meals, which helps fill the stomach up resulting in less hunger pains.

You need to do cardio if you are trying to lose weight. I love this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AimPOSXe7n4

It only takes four minutes and if you go all out on it, you will feel dead lol, which means you will be burning a lot of calories. Sometimes I will do it 2-3 times in a day, but giving myself at least a minute of rest in between. That is how intense just those short little four minutes are lol.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IvaSkye For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 723 Posts
    My Mood
    Fine

I second Ivyrose about avocados. They're like wonder food.
    You can't reason with stupid!
    It's a night of clowns and buffoons! - Maitre de in NYC

Thanks

The only way to lose weight is to eat fewer calories than you burn. "Starvation mode" is bullshit. "Low-carb high fat only" or vice versa is bullshit. "Superfoods" are bullshit. "You can only lose weight if you exercise" is bullshit.

Google "TDEE calculator" and use the one called TDEEcalculator.net (it's free unlike other search results). Put in your age, height, weight and activity level and it will tell you how many calories you burn every day just by existing. This is called your Total Daily Expenditure Estimate. Of course it cannot be absolutely 100% accurate, but it'll be roughly correct within about 50 calories or so.

Then eat fewer calories than that. And don't guess your calories, measure everything you eat properly. And you'll lose weight, absolutely guaranteed. And of course you can exercise to burn a couple hundred extra calories every day, but it's not necessary if you don't want to. I didn't.

You can eat whatever you like as long as it's fewer calories than you burn. I lost 35 pounds eating chocolate every day and fast food every weekend (but making sure it was below my calorie limit). It was great! And I have now maintained my target weight for almost a year eating whatever I liked as long as it wasn't more than the amount of calories I've burned. Google "Twinkie diet". A nutrition professor wanted to prove that the only thing relevant to weight loss is eating fewer calories than you burn, so he ate nothing but Twinkies and other "unhealthy" snacks for 10 weeks, and made sure he was eating fewer calories than he burned, and he lost 27 pounds.

Calories in, calories out, that's all it is. I felt really "free" when I found that out. I no longer had to worry about protein and carbs and fat and "healthy" foods or expensive foods or denying myself things I really love. I could eat whatever I wanted as long as I stayed under my calorie limit. It's really awesome and it totally works. Enjoy!

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luna66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,107 Times in 414 Posts

I drop weight quickly and look a lot leaner when I eat 1200-1500 calories a day, mostly lean protein like chicken breasts, egg whites, and fish. It gets boring fast, but it works. lol Walking 30-60 minutes a day helps too. Eating very few calories will make you lose weight, but it would be very hard to keep that up long term. I get hungry if I eat less than 1200 calories/day.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,162 Times in 1,934 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

I never counted calories but to lose weight I cut down on sugar, cut out all diary and don't mix protein and carbs on plate. also walking a lot which is totally doable in the UK not so much in Texas.
    xoxo

Thanks
    Thanked 3,639 Times in 1,444 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

I do not mean to be a total asshole and I am sorry if it comes out that way but this post is a little bit... like giving ED tips and tricks and I think maybe should have a trigger warning.
    XoXo Gia
    Danielle Fishell (the Dish): "If the Super-Star thing doesn't work out, Gia makes a great stripper name"

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gia2608 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

When I am trying to lose weight I have been trying to keep under 1000 or 800 a day. Just eat more vegetables,a lot of meat and fruit like watermelon,strawberries or cherries. I would read, study or just watch TV when I am home to keep myself occupied.

Thanks

Try Keto or Low Carb.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast