Thread: Tips for decreasing soreness?

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Default Tips for decreasing soreness?

Hey so I just worked my very first 7 hour shift and lemme tell you my thighs are on FIRE. I'm a very thick thighed girl and so the tops of my thighs are already so sore I just know I'll barely be able to walk tomorrow. I've been doing lots of stretching and drinking water but thats not really seeming to help...

I'm gonna buy some epsom salt too BUT is there anything that may work better and faster? And how to reduce getting so sore? lol

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Default Re: Tips for decreasing soreness?

Give yourself 10 to 15 minutes to stretch and warm up before you dance next time you work. You're going to be sore the first few times that you work like this, but your body will eventually get used to it and it won't be so bad. Everything you're doing is going to help, the only other thing that might help would be to get a massage.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,781 Times in 1,847 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

A trick I used to use before I got fitter was to soak in a cold tub of water. Sounds weird BUT my God does it feel good as the cool penetrates your muscles and takes the swelling down. You may need a higher protein/veggie diet to repair those muscles faster. I LOVE L-Glutamine powder in my shake right after work to repair muscles fast.
    It takes a WOMAN to Suffer Ignorance and SMILE--Be YOURSELF No Matter What They Say

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Optimist For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks

I used epsom salt warm soaks to get me through the initial soreness

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KatvonWolf For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm in really good shape and I was still deadly sore at first (not only muscle soreness but bruises etc too).

Epsom salt baths, go walk on a treadmill for a little while and STRETCH as much as you possibly can. It's important to keep moving and try not to hobble around so your body can get stronger.

I take glutamine and glucosamine as well for soreness and joints. Drink lots of water.

Arnica is great to take right when you get home to help the soreness and bruises to not be as bad. It REALLY helped me. Get the tablets to take, and there's also an ointment you can rub on bruised knees to help them heal faster.

It took me a few weeks to get used to it, but it does happen

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tesla120 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,027 Times in 2,831 Posts
    My Mood
    Sad

Omega3 supplements, twice a day.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Vyanka For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 1,254 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

I was going to recommend Epson salt but looks like you got that covered. I actually got turned onto this Epson salt body wash by my li sister. I buy it at Big Lots, for like $5.00, also a massage roller, like this:

Name:  Roller.jpeg
Views: 214
Size:  14.7 KB

Is helpful but you have to use it AFTER you work or workout for best results. If you use it once you are already sore it will spread the lactic acid out and make the soreness better but the idea is to prevent the soreness in the first place. You can get the rollers pretty cheap as well, the one in the photo is from Walmart and less than 20.00 but I got one at five below, if they have those stores in your area.
    XoXo Gia
    Danielle Fishell (the Dish): "If the Super-Star thing doesn't work out, Gia makes a great stripper name"

Thanks

Your body is just adapting to the physical exertion.

Whenever I'm dancing at a spot that requires a lot of single dances, I usually tone up in a matter of months, as I tend to be thin but flabby. Trick is to ensure yourself plenty of rest. I might take off from my regular workout routine if the dancing is taking a lot out of me, and sleep extra. I know that after each injury running, when I get back into it, I'm usually sore the first few times, but my body adapts. I'm assuming same is with dancing.

What I'd suggest is not to work consecutive days, so that your sore muscles can rest, work every other day or every other two days. The soreness you feel is from tiny tears in your muscles. That needs a few days to repair itself. The more you dance and use those muscles, your body will adapt, your muscles will grown and be able to accommodate the exertion with more ease than before, with the same amount of exertion resulting in less tears which feel like the soreness you describe.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

m a r i j a u a n a and a sauna lol

ok but honestly stretching before your shift is number one! because the things you might pull you've obviously loosened up a lil , WATER, and fresh air (not club cigarette air baby, get some fresh air before your shifts and after) hydration and oxygen will make it easier for your limbs to heal quicker, which causes less downtime or soreness
    you will eventually "break yourself in" , I tell girls in a month you won't feel it anymore , just try not to drink as much as well because the alcohol depletes your bodies ability to heal

but like I kidded about in the beginning when I first started I threw off my shoes and jumped into a hot bath tub and sparked and blunt...best after work rehab ever lol

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

I liked the warm water just cuz I liked it and I started in winter ...just something bomb about it steaming up the bathroom made me feel less tense and rigid/sore ...but optimist is right I googled it's cold water that can make the swelling of muscles less severe

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

i forgot the peppermint oil I use its aroma therapy it's sooooooo dope , you gotta get a diffuser if you don't have one but it's adds to the fucking experience lol

Thanks

Epsom salt, magnésium (as bath salts and as a drinking supplement alike), glutamine as a supplement, and good ol' tiger balm. Massages help a lot too.

Stretch and do gentle exercise regularly- especially before each shift.

Also limit your intake of foods such as dairy, which cause inflammation.