Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Instagram popularity contest in Queens, NY & North Jersey

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 628 Posts

Default Re: Instagram popularity contest in Queens, NY & North Jersey

that. is. ridiculous. the first pic is a bartender?? there is not a single thing that makes her look different from a stripper.

plus, they are not that hot. i hate how guys always think bartenders are better than the strippers. and bartenders should not be allowed to twerk and get rained on. it happens here, too though.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to crystalize For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,136 Times in 1,174 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

This is crazy and needs to be stopped, I have waitressed and danced and 90% of female staff were stuck up cunts who thought they were better than the dancers, they think its all about them and now these clubs are making it about them. they need to stop twerking and keep their hands off the dancers money and serve the drinks. The club needs to be about the dancers. Also this instagram club shit is ridiculous. I miss the days of it all being a big secret where we all made big money!.
    xoxo

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to chanzep For This Useful Post:

Thanks

On Instagram club lust has started to post the dancers and bartenders separately and they wear less than the strippers. it's crazy the bartenders are literally wearing body paint and what looks like pasties while twerking.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spicecake For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 628 Posts

there's a chain here called booby trap where they allow the waitresses to do VIP's. and the waitresses are not even on a schedule, they come if they want like strippers.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,907 Times in 1,877 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

Quote Originally Posted by chanzep View Post
    Also this instagram club shit is ridiculous. I miss the days of it all being a big secret where we all made big money!.
    QFT! I loved this job when I could quietly make money and no one suspected a thing. That secrecy and privacy is priceless.
    It takes a WOMAN to Suffer Ignorance and SMILE--Be YOURSELF No Matter What They Say. And BE MERRY, Ladies!

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Optimist For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,457 Times in 2,946 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by chanzep View Post
    I miss the days of it all being a big secret where we all made big money!.
    Agree

Everything is too out in the open. Ugh

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vyanka For This Useful Post:

Thanks

An insightful interview about the strike https://www.nosugarnocreammag.com/si...In-Strip-Clubs

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aphrodottie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

I literally just left NYC because of this! Ive literally seen guys come in, throw a stack or 2 at a bartender and leave right after..

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ukrainianice For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,984 Times in 4,335 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodottie View Post
    An insightful interview about the strike https://www.nosugarnocreammag.com/si...In-Strip-Clubs
    I read this the other day and few other blurbs online. I'm wondering are there any dark skinned women being heard on the colorism issue? So far I haven't seen any with deep dark complexions get interviewed. Everyone needs to work together but it sorta looks like only specific shades are being heard?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,354 Times in 1,757 Posts

^ They most likely don't want to be blacklisted at the clubs that they ARE hired at or with the promoters that do let them work.

Star Brim, a bartender at some of the less popular urban strip clubs such as Traphouse and Cardi B's best friend spoke out against the dancers of course and she is dark-skinned.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to arielbriel For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The gizelle marie and kingpanama kind of spearheaded the movement so they are the main ones speaking out. Hopefully, they get more darkskin girls to speak out as well. But these bartenders are not budging. They are straight clowning these dancers calling them ugly, bitter, and jealous. It's clear the bartenders have a superiority complex and I don't know how everyone is supposed to come togerher.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhatGirlDynomite!!! View Post
    I read this the other day and few other blurbs online. I'm wondering are there any dark skinned women being heard on the colorism issue? So far I haven't seen any with deep dark complexions get interviewed. Everyone needs to work together but it sorta looks like only specific shades are being heard?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aphrodottie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

The few black girls that regularly work at the "popping" clubs are IG famous and make money so they're not going to complain. And imo, nowadays hiring standards have changed for dancers. A lot of dancers have fled to Jersey or Staten Island but the clubs need house fee so they'll let damn near anybody work (knowing that girl won't make any money). Back when Sue's was one of the best clubs, they wouldn't hire a dark skinned girl unless she was a 9 or 10. They'd hire a white girl if she was a 3 and a Latina if she was a 4. Now, the big clubs let anybody off the street work so long as they aren't obese and have the house fee upfront. The smaller clubs like TrapHouse would do the same if they had the space. If dancers are trying to work at a club that is being handled by a promoter for that particular night, then it's going to be rough for a black girl to work because there are only like 5 big strip club promoters/groups and they'll make a list of 20-50 girls for the night. Big Boy, Dinero, Ed (kingofstripclubs__), and Allcitymontz do not like black girls working their nights unless they are like Jhonni Blaze. Strike Sinatra and Tone Byrd usually have mostly black girls working their nights. As far as getting hired as a house girl, most of these clubs are desperate for dancers and would happily higher whoever walks in the door. I've seen 80 pound obvious drug addicts at Angels in Queens which is something you'd have never seen at that kind of club years ago. That club (as well as Sue's before it closed) had tons of very young looking girls who didn't even own stripper shoes yet. They just hire anybody now. As far as the racist ass customers, they're not going to change unless they start getting shamed. It's not the strip club's fault that a bunch of black men in NYC are self hating and would happily tip a bouncer before they tip a dancer with their mother's complexion.

I spent years working NYC and eventually stopped because it was just not worth it anymore especially because I live in NJ. It changed completely. Years ago when Heavens on Monday nights was a thing, those were the golden days. There were still nearly naked bartenders but those girls were helpful to the club and to the dancers. They were what I call the A-squad of bartenders. They used to refuse to wear thongs. They had self respect and would tell the promoters that they'd only wear outfits that had full bottoms. They were embarrassed to shake their ass behind the bar for a shower. They didn't want to twerk and they didn't want to get recorded. They didn't want to be strippers and prided themselves on not doing what strippers do. The bartenders and the dancers at Heavens used to make thousands every Monday. Customers would shower a dancer and the bartender would brush the money off the bar or wherever so the dancer could easily get it. Customers would shower a bartender and the dancer on stage would brush that money off the stage so the bartender could get it. It was perfect. It was a bunch of big fish respecting each other and looking out for each other all while filling their own hefty bags with singles. Those days are LONG gone.

Now, there aren't too many A-squad girls left. There are a bunch of C-squad girls who are just Latina women that have extreme surgeries. Then there are a plethora of D-Squad and F-squad girls that are only working that night because they slept with the promoter. These women have no shame and really, the A-squad girls have no shame now either. I was at Lust and saw a bartender whose outfit consisted of a thong and pasties. She just had her breasts hanging out all night. These desperate broads nowadays would work butt naked if the promoter told them to and the promoters would tell them to in a heartbeat if it were legal. The bartenders now have no shame when it comes to dancing in front of their customers either.

In that #nycstripperstrike hoopla, there was an F-squad bartender who was arguing with either her partner (they work in pairs) or a dancer about money. The bartender was like "That was all my money! My boyfriend threw it!" That's just one example but all of the bartenders outside of the A-squad are like that. They have no customers so they bring their significant other in to sit at their bar all night and tip them. Just fucking stay home. Why even go to "work" just so your man can throw you $500 and you can give $250 of that to your partner? I really don't get it. Back during the Heavens on Monday era, those bartenders actually brought in customers that they didn't live with so those guys tipped everybody. That's why the bartenders are promoted on flyers and whatnot because they (once upon a time) were the main ones bringing in the best customers. They were better promoters than the actual promoters. Strippers used to essentially follow the best bartenders from club to club because where the A-squad girls went, so did the money.

Now, these bartenders are good for nothing but being exploited by the promoters/management to show as much skin as possible to get likes for the club's instagram. The bartenders should be on strike too. Don't they wonder why every week their outfits are more and more revealing? We're at the point now where some are wearing a thong and body paint. It's fucking ridiculous. That isn't the girl's idea, it's the idea of the club management who treats these women like nothing but surgically enhanced sex parts that need to be shown in all their glory on social media. Seriously, these women are out here spending thousands of dollars on surgery just to show everything on some strip club's Instagram page. The few customers that they do bring in are their man/friend and would tip them if they were wearing a ski jacket and snow pants. But no, they can't be clothed because the promoters want them nearly nude. Why would random customers need to come in to see any of these women when they are all on social media a thong away from being in their birthday suit? That's right, the customers don't need to come and see them because they've been overexposed (often by the club who is all too happy to photograph and post these women in body paint or whatever). That's why all of the customers around the bar nowadays are the bartenders' baby daddy/boyfriend/ex boyfriend/future boyfriend/sugar daddy/Instagram stalker/etc etc who are coming in to give her and only her some money. Then she gets showered with money he was going to use to pay their rent and the dancer on stage is pissed. It's really a lose lose situation here. The dancers are losing because these customers are barely customers and the struggle bartenders are losing because they could have sat their behinds home and had the guy hand them that money instead of spending $60 on an outfit, $50 on makeup, $200 on a lacefront, and then giving half of whatever they make to their partner. On top of that, the bartenders have to give a percentage to the barbacks which is why you'll see barbacks swiping money off stage to give it to the bartender.

I don't even have an issue with the general bartender culture in NYC because it can and did work, it just doesn't work when there are no standards for the bartenders. I think it will get worse because these promoters keep giving jobs to girls that blow them rather than girls that are actually decent bartenders and bring out customers. Let me be clear, NONE of the bartenders at these clubs are real bartenders. They don't even make drinks. The long islands are premixed because all they can do is sell bottles and make a Henny and coke for example. However, there used to be bartenders that were useful for bringing generous customers to the club to enjoy the scenery and hang out, whereas now those customers are barely existent and the guys are coming in essentially to have a date with their chosen bartender. By the end of the night, good luck even getting a drink at some of these clubs because the bartenders are all engrossed in their flavor of the night. It's insane but I still have fond memories of ~4 years ago when the bartenders weren't like this. Things can go back to how they were if they start hiring bartenders that will be A-squad girls, not D-squad ones that want to be bartenders because they think they'll be the next Bernice Burgos when in reality they will struggle to make money and have to resort to their man getting a second job as a professional chair warmer on the nights that they work. Do I think the clubs will do this? Nope. They have little reason to and the collective NYC bartenders (with the help of promoters and management) have cheapened themselves to the point where I don't think there's any going back to the good old days. Customers now expect the bartenders to dress a certain way, carry themselves a certain way, and to dance on command on camera once the band is off the singles.

My issue with NYC (and I haven't seen this mentioned at all on Instagram) is the rule that Lust and Starlets have about stage money. I worked at Lust for Star's party (sometime over the summer) and I was shocked to see wtf was going on there. I went on stage and this customer showered me. He told me to go on stage so he could throw money at me so there was no confusion as to who this money belonged to. Most of what he threw landed on the floor. I hopped off stage to pick it up (like I have in NYC thousands of times in the past) and these two D-squad bar girls were like "Uhhh, what are you doing?" I said "Uhh, picking up my money" and they were like "That's ours. What lands on the floor is for bartenders and what lands on the stage is for dancers". I was gobsmacked. I went in the back to the house mom to ask her wtf this bullshit rule was and she said "Yeah, I don't think it's right. I'm going to have to talk to management about it". I left and the next day the manager texted me asking when I was coming back. I told him I was done with NY. Prior to me leaving, Graciii3 was there and Shonn Greene was about to make it rain like $2k on her. I was on stage as well as a couple other girls. Security started screaming and cursing at us to get off the stage so Shonn could throw the money and Gracie could get every dollar. It was unbelievable. Had I brought a customer that was going to throw me $1k, do you think security would tell the bartenders to move or would they get to stay where they are and keep like $400 of my money that lands on the floor? Then people that don't know any better ask why strippers don't bring customers to the club like the bartenders do. Why the hell would we when the club is designed to screw us and give our money to the bartenders? Why bring in a guy to shower me if I'm only going to get to keep the money that lands on stage? I don't know if they've changed that rule yet but it's the most insane thing I've ever heard at work. I guess it's beneficial for a dancer that NEVER gets showered to be able to pick up some scraps from a bartender but for dancers that do get showered, it's absurd and will result in her getting less of her hard earned money 10 out of 10 times. The bartenders didn't make this rule, they are pawns just like dancers are. The club is responsible for making their strip joint a terrible work environment for actual strippers.

I feel bad for anyone that is stuck (or thinks they're stuck) working in NYC. The grass is greener elsewhere. And trains/buses go to Jersey so if you have the time, I would start commuting. Hell, Squeeze would be a cheap Uber for many because it's right in Weehawken. Back before I started driving, I took a $12 Megabus from NYC to Onyx in Philly. You have to go to where you make money, period. Some dancers still make money in NY and good for them but for those that don't, NYC is not the be-all and end-all. There's no good reason to keep paying high house fees to make peanuts in the outer boroughs. There are more clubs nearby than the ones popular on Instagram. Check out tuscl.net for clubs and use Hopstop.com to find out how to get where you need to go if you don't drive.
    Last edited by LexyNYC; 11-04-2017 at 09:44 AM.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LexyNYC For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12