Thread: Let's talk plastic surgery!

Thanks

Default Let's talk plastic surgery!

I am definitely saving up for braces, that's first on the list. And I want a nose job to remove the bump on it. Has anyone here had a nose job?? I'm scared I'm gonna end up botched with my bad ass luck! If I don't want the shape changed, just the cartilage filed down will it be cheaper? And not be super noticeable that I have had work done unless I turn my head to the side so you can see the actual profile? And I have been debating on lip injections. Part of me wants to love myself the way I am, because my nose and lips aren't BAD, but I also want to be a bad bitch so I've been putting thought into these altercations. Idk what do y'all think about changing your appearance in general?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to IvoryDoll For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,886 Times in 1,601 Posts

Default Re: Let's talk plastic surgery!

First of all, a nose job should NEVER be cheap. You need to go to someone who basically specializes in rhinoplasty. Lip injections aren't a big deal however I wouldn't do them if you're getting braces as the size of your lips will only bring attention to your braces. I am team plastic.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to arielbriel For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

I got my nose done. What Ariel said is right..DONT go cheap. And I did go to a doctor who specializes in nose jobs. I had a surgical one, but I know they can do fillers non surgically in the nose if you need modest changes. I wouldn't do lip injections with braces because your lips are hard and get swollen for a couple days so I can imagine that would be uncomfortable with braces. I say stick with the braces, beauitful teeth are a wonderful eye catching quality! I'm big on teeth myself.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LadyJezebel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,028 Times in 407 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

I've always wanted a nose job too. How much do they generally cost?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,396 Times in 7,029 Posts
    My Mood
    Doh

Check out new beauty.com, they have a print magazine too.
    In the back of it there's a partial Dr. listing, no prices.
    It varies I'm sure, rhinoplasty is said to be the most complicated of plastic surgeries.
    I'm not crazy about my nose, but I'd rather have Cellufina, some facial stuff, & boobs

Quote HK: Remember, dick gets hard, brain shuts off, money flows from the pocket.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

I just made an appointment for a nose job consultation in 2 wks...omg. she told me it would cost $8000 with taxes. I've always been a mouth breather and she said they would do corrective surgery on that as well, another thing I've always wanted to fix.

Thanks

Yes I know not to skimp on money when it comes to something this serious, i was just curious if a minor cartilage shaving would be cheaper or if I might as well get a completely new nose if I'm gonna be paying the same amount anyhow.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,014 Times in 2,995 Posts

There is a flap in there to your brain, if they mess up you could be leaking synovial fluid out of your nose for the rest of your life. I used to date a rhinoplasty surgeon. A bump in the nose adds character to a persons face or you can use make up with shading & high lighting too.

Braces are several years of pain & they will tear up the inside of your mouth which causes swelling. Braces or straight teeth are way more important than fixed a bump on your nose. Cause in the end your smile will be so perfect & wonderful they won't even know that you have a nose.

I've noticed once people start doing work on their nose they generally don't stop until it is tiny & they look like an alien. If the surgeon chips to much away then you can have a dip in it which will appear worse than the bump.

Keep in mind, men really aren't that picky & don't demand perfection out of us & if the guy does then he is using it as verbal abuse to control you. Do you ask men to be physically perfect before you get involved with them?

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sam38g For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,519 Times in 841 Posts

I've not had a nose job so I can't say anything about that. I've only had breast augmentation(implants). I really want to have surgery on my tummy area because I have diastasis recti/tummy muscle separation from pregnancy. Below my belly button my belly has a pooch and a split down the middle that hasn't gone away since giving birth to my kid nearly 8 years ago and sometimes it looks like a butt when I move a certain way. I've been putting it off because once I have that surgery I won't be able to have more babies or else it'll just tear again. I want one more baby but then again, my hopes are not high of that happening so maybe I should just get the surgery. I think that if you make any surgical changes to your body, do it for you and not for anyone else. If having plastic surgery would make you feel better and more confident about yourself, then by all means do it. After all you are the one who has to live in your body. Might as well be happy in it. That's just my 2 cents.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to WendiStarr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lilylilylily View Post
    I just made an appointment for a nose job consultation in 2 wks...omg. she told me it would cost $8000 with taxes. I've always been a mouth breather and she said they would do corrective surgery on that as well, another thing I've always wanted to fix.

Offer to pay in cash!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to arielbriel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Oh I didn't know you could do that, I definitely will ask.Thank you

Thanks

When it comes to plastic surgery go with the best which is also expensive. You have to live with the results & cheap can end up costing you a fortune to fix.

Any Doctor can do plastic surgery in most states, so your Dentist maybe doing boob jobs & lipo in the evenings for extra income. So you must investigate any doctor you choose very carefully.

Now, Dr. Raphael in Dallas is the best. I highly recommend him.

If you pay cash & get several procedures most doctors will negotiate the price with you.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sam38g For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,204 Times in 2,459 Posts

Medi Cal might help pay for some costs related to insuring plastic surgery goes well (like a septoplasty or extraction of teeth for braces.) Doesn't hurt to check it out....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVsr...k&spfreload=10
    "They're a bit strange in Los Angeles" Duckie, "NCIS"I've walked in L.A.. It was to my car, so I could drive in L.A..

22. The Following User Says Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I have been wanting to get breast implants and a nose job for years. I need the breast implants, but everyone who I tell I want a nose job to, tells me my nose is already small.

I do not see it though. My nose is wide when I look in the mirror. I want an Ariana Grande type nose. I really like small noses, but I do agree a lot of people overdo it once they get started.

Anesthesia scares the crap out of me though since I have never had it done before. That is what stopped me from getting my tits done when I finally had the money saved up for it. Went to the consultation, the plastic surgeon ordered my implants even. I set up an appointment for the surgery, but just couldn't go through with the anesthesia.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to IvaSkye For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

That's how much mine was. They had to break mine cause I had a big Italian shnoz I probably broke at one point. Good luck! It's not painful and that price is accurate

26. The Following User Says Thank You to LadyJezebel For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IvaSkye View Post
    I have been wanting to get breast implants and a nose job for years. I need the breast implants, but everyone who I tell I want a nose job to, tells me my nose is already small.

I do not see it though. My nose is wide when I look in the mirror. I want an Ariana Grande type nose. I really like small noses, but I do agree a lot of people overdo it once they get started.

Anesthesia scares the crap out of me though since I have never had it done before. That is what stopped me from getting my tits done when I finally had the money saved up for it. Went to the consultation, the plastic surgeon ordered my implants even. I set up an appointment for the surgery, but just couldn't go through with the anesthesia.
    I was afraid of anesthesia too, but a good anesthesiologist and nurse should put you at ease. It's very quick. Before you know it you're asleep and waking up.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LadyJezebel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJezebel View Post
    That's how much mine was. They had to break mine cause I had a big Italian shnoz I probably broke at one point. Good luck! It's not painful and that price is accurate
    How do you like the way your nose looks now? Are you happy you did it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJezebel View Post
    I was afraid of anesthesia too, but a good anesthesiologist and nurse should put you at ease. It's very quick. Before you know it you're asleep and waking up.
    Exactly. Anesthesia is not a big deal so long as you have all the proper testing done pre-op and you pass with flying colors, you will be fine.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to arielbriel For This Useful Post:

Thanks

If you smoke then STOP. Your lungs need to be great condition. In fact, add more cardio to your work outs a couple of months before surgery. Oxygenating the blood helps the healing time be shorter.

Smoking cuts off 50% of the oxygen getting into your blood. Add an extra hour of cardio, even if it just walking to your daily routine. People who don't smoke recovery time is way shorter than those who do. In fact, a heavy smoker's wounds take longer and can get infected due to that fact.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sam38g For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IvoryDoll View Post
    I am definitely saving up for braces, that's first on the list. And I want a nose job to remove the bump on it. Has anyone here had a nose job?? I'm scared I'm gonna end up botched with my bad ass luck! If I don't want the shape changed, just the cartilage filed down will it be cheaper? And not be super noticeable that I have had work done unless I turn my head to the side so you can see the actual profile? And I have been debating on lip injections. Part of me wants to love myself the way I am, because my nose and lips aren't BAD, but I also want to be a bad bitch so I've been putting thought into these altercations. Idk what do y'all think about changing your appearance in general?
    Ask about injectables in your nose to fix shape. Now they can fix a bump with fillers and you won't need to go under. Dr. Todd on IG has a lot of good posts showing before and after nose fixes with injectables.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to m1nx For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

How do you like the way your nose looks now? Are you happy you did it?
    Yes I'm very happy with it. It's made a big difference and it's something I always wanted to do.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to LadyJezebel For This Useful Post: