Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I want to become a stripper , I HAVE QUESTIONS !!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,118 Times in 1,284 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Default Re: I want to become a stripper , I HAVE QUESTIONS !!

OP- do everyone, esp. yourself a favor and read through the newbie section first. Then, if you can consolidate your list of questions to just those you feel like you didn't find the answers to in the newbie section, I and other members will be happy to shed some insight.

You have to understand that people come on here and make the same types of posts you did 1,000 times a year and it can get pretty annoying. especially since half time time they don't even bother to come back once we've taken the time to answer them. This is why Sam called you lazy. I realize you are new to the site and didn't know this info is already there but please look there first. Esp. at the sticky threads at the top.

Also, not sure if you plan to try and dance in NYC or not but I recommend also checking out the Club Chat section because dancing can be a completely different experience in different areas of the US and the World. I am willing to bet 99.9% of the info you are looking for is already discussed ad naseum in these 2 sections.
    XoXo Gia
    Danielle Fishell (the Dish): "If the Super-Star thing doesn't work out, Gia makes a great stripper name"

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gia2608 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouseekamy View Post
    I think you are looking for emotional support. Most of us have our stripper stories. I stripped to escape domestic violence- so did Cardi B. So there’s kinda an expectation that you go there scared shitless as a rite of passage. Also, there’s too many dancers and a lot of us veterans don’t want to give our hard earned secrets away to curious noncommittal newbies.

There’s lots of advice on here and always trust your gut. Mind your own business and follow the rules and you should be fine. To be honest I would never hold anyone’s hand to get into the business-I wouldn’t want to feel complicit. If a girl is already in then I’ll help her, but I don’t want to influence a girl to go into the business. I’d feel bad.
    Well you seem like a good person but I know I want to become a exotic dancer, I simply wanted to hear other peoples experiences for my own research. Whats the big deal with sharing your experiences with someone new to the game ? Lol i am very commited hence me making a profile, and asking questions on a website dedicated to helping strippers , newbies and veterans alike. . . I have very thick skin although I am a good person , I am not naive nor am I easy swayed. Your not influencing by giving basically a "review" of your personal experience. Thats like saying you dropped a review on a food webpage , saying you really like the food they make and by you saying that your influencing or hendering people from eating there. Its merely just your input on your actual experience at the eatery. Thank you for responding with what you can I am looking to make actual friends who are stripping , would It be kkay if i messaged your privately? Get to know each other ? I am very serious and very commited to making my experience as knowledge as possible

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Girl Anachronism View Post
    YUP. it's not about "gentlemans clubs" anymore. clubs used to be way more geared towards actual gentleman and business men who would go in there knowing it's expensive and are willing to spend. it was about being discrete and enjoying company from a beautiful woman. a luxury. now it's all about guys trying to scam the cheapest extras and get 2 for 1 dance specials and drink specials, girls trying to act like "bad bitches" instead of classy, sexy exotic dancers. guys go in trying to act like rappers, thinking it's cool to disrespect us "hoes" and throw singles to be seen but don't want dances or champagne rooms. female customers are encouraged by management. they're hiring any disheveled mess who can cough up the house fee. clubs offer all kinds of discounts and market themselves more like night clubs than strip clubs which completely changes the customer base and absolutely changes the hustle.. the whole game has changed. everything has changed smh
    Wow thats interesting. Here in NY alot is changing as where the Bartenders are like strippers but they call themseleves bartenders. The strippers are literally going on strike right now for this mistreatment of strippers. Its actually messed up because the stage and the bar section are next to each other ,where the bar section is in front of the stage so any money that gets throw for the dancer on stage really goes into the "bartenders" section. They literally dance,dress and look like strippers but enjoy the benefits of bein bartenders. Seems like this is being allowed in alot of urban clubs, in which making me want to really go for a more mixed or upscale gentlemans club opposed to the IG urban clubs. Thanks for ur input love

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vyanka View Post
    You should go club hopping first, to see for yourself which clubs peak your interest. Do some searching on here too. Lots of threads with good tips.

Good luck
    Thank you love !

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gia2608 View Post
    OP- do everyone, esp. yourself a favor and read through the newbie section first. Then, if you can consolidate your list of questions to just those you feel like you didn't find the answers to in the newbie section, I and other members will be happy to shed some insight.

You have to understand that people come on here and make the same types of posts you did 1,000 times a year and it can get pretty annoying. especially since half time time they don't even bother to come back once we've taken the time to answer them. This is why Sam called you lazy. I realize you are new to the site and didn't know this info is already there but please look there first. Esp. at the sticky threads at the top.

Also, not sure if you plan to try and dance in NYC or not but I recommend also checking out the Club Chat section because dancing can be a completely different experience in different areas of the US and the World. I am willing to bet 99.9% of the info you are looking for is already discussed ad naseum in these 2 sections.
    Okay but im not lazy because I wanted to ask my OWN questions about peoples personal experiences. Thank you for the advice, and I have looked at other blogs and forums. I wanted women from NY to answer as well since I am in NY and rules are different from state to state. I dont really understand how something can be annoying on a website that literally is for information and knowledge pertaining to the field. My whole thing is why answer is its annoying? You know ? That sam person didnt have one good nor helpful thing to say actually which she defeated the whole purpose of the thread. People are so triggered that I asked questions LMAO. If what I wrote was read throughly I wanted to start a convo with someone who DIDNT have a problem sharing their PERSONAL experience

Veteran Member Girl Anachronism's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,085 Times in 413 Posts

it might help if you tell us what area you're in. a lot of rules and experiences vary widely from city to city

edit: whoops, just saw you're in NY. my bad.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,118 Times in 1,284 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Quote Originally Posted by DreamMuneca View Post
    Okay but im not lazy because I wanted to ask my OWN questions about peoples personal experiences. Thank you for the advice, and I have looked at other blogs and forums. I wanted women from NY to answer as well since I am in NY and rules are different from state to state. I dont really understand how something can be annoying on a website that literally is for information and knowledge pertaining to the field. My whole thing is why answer is its annoying? You know ? That sam person didnt have one good nor helpful thing to say actually which she defeated the whole purpose of the thread. People are so triggered that I asked questions LMAO. If what I wrote was read throughly I wanted to start a convo with someone who DIDNT have a problem sharing their PERSONAL experience
    It's annoying that people keep asking the same questions we have already answered dozens of times. I have been a member of this site for over 13 years now and if I have to explain to one more person that you do not need to know how to do pole tricks to get hired at most clubs I will scream. All of the information is there, in the newbie section. Trust me. Personal experiences included.

I understand you have questions, what I am trying to say is we have already answered these questions. You just need to read through it.
    XoXo Gia
    Danielle Fishell (the Dish): "If the Super-Star thing doesn't work out, Gia makes a great stripper name"

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gia2608 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gia2608 View Post
    It's annoying that people keep asking the same questions we have already answered dozens of times. I have been a member of this site for over 13 years now and if I have to explain to one more person that you do not need to know how to do pole tricks to get hired at most clubs I will scream. All of the information is there, in the newbie section. Trust me. Personal experiences included.

I understand you have questions, what I am trying to say is we have already answered these questions. You just need to read through it.
    Lmao but you dont even have to respond if its so annoying tho ? Lol but i do understand what you mean as I look more and more on this website I have seen 1000 of the same question. I get it

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DreamMuneca For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,242 Times in 2,876 Posts

Ok can I please just tell you that this is a pretty tight knit community and that's why we are standoffish sometimes. It's not the giant conglomerate that something like Reddit is. We don't know you, newbies are a dime a dozen and often vanish after being helped, and we get tired of it. Since we don't know you at all, we don't feel we owe you anything.

Think about what you are asking, for someone to sit here and spend an hour typing detailed responses to the questions you're asking, when a simple search could pop up tons of info. Yeah dancing has changed a bit but the general gist is the same and a thread from say, 2013, will still be totally relevant.

And continuing to be argumentative towards people who are suggesting you do the above is not endearing you to the rest of us. Bringing an attitude like that into a club is how you get your drinks spit in and your stuff stolen. Might want to work on it.
    "You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam38g
    Once a guy gets you to lower your expectations then that is all you are worth to him from then on.
    Quote Originally Posted by crystalize View Post
    Ok so i gotta turn up the moronic drunk slut

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Selina M For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

It does get old to see the same types of questions from accounts that are brand new because they usually vanish after getting the info they wanted. That is why there are dedicated threads. The answers that you find on this forum are usually really great and as such take a long time and a lot of experience to formulate. Girls who have a post history of answering questions and offering input usually get quicker and better answers than the girl who shows up and asks stuff w/o checking dedicated threads first. It's just the way it is; no one is paid to post on here and so we do it out of the kindness of our hearts. That is why some answers come off as hostile; we don't know you, you haven't done anything for anyone here, you didn't read the threads and so it is viewed as a selfish endeavor and a waste of time to answer. Like Selina said though, once you get involved this community really is tight and you can find out anything you need to know; just don't expect to be spoon-fed the answer without giving assistance first & reading. Answers given on here aren't just nonchalant thoughts, they're observations from years of experience in the various fields and can take a long time to properly articulate.

Now, I am not a stripper. But I am going to let common sense answer some of these; they might be wrong so you'll have to read through other threads.

What is the process in becoming a stripper? Like do fill out a job app? Audition?
    Fill out an application so you can get paid. Show that you can dance and have a few good outfits.

What was your first time dancing on stage like ?
    I'm sure it is uncomfortable at first like anything else unless your ego is already through the roof or you have a background of dance.

Do you have to dance on stage with other girls? Do you have to pay to dance alone?
    HAVE to? No, not unless the club specifically states that. Same with paying to dance alone; see the club you're interested in.

Do you have to pay a fee to dance in a club?
    Yes.

Can you work at multiple clubs?
    Yes. Unless the club has a non-compete.

How did you prep yourself? Mentally ? Physically and Hygiene wise ? ( I dont want to hear about drowning yourself in victoria secret body spray for prep , I want actual tips like how do you prevent vag sweating, keeping fresh and clean )
    Visit body business, we all have different things that we need to do based on our age, body shape, physical fitness, etc. As a girl you should basically know how to take care of yourself if you're over the age of 15.

How much can you make on a good and bad day ?
    Good day? 1,000,000,000,000,000,000. Bad day? 0

Do strip clubs teach you how to do pole tricks? Or will you have to know how to do that coming in the door ?
    I don't think that the clubs keep dance trainers on hand. Do you HAVE to know how? No.

What do the people hiring strippers look for in an ideal stripper ?
    What club are looking at working at? White clubs and black clubs for instance will have different standards. So will high end and low end clubs.

If you had any work done to enhance your apperence to make more money, can you recommend a good, affordable doctor who does amazing BBLs in your or someone you know experience ? ( I do not mind going to DR or overseas)
    What enhancement? One Dr. might do a great nose job while another does a great tit job.

Can you recommend good clubs in New York City that has good cliente with money, safe eviroment and overrall good vibe , not too "hood".
    There is a section on here if you click "club reviews" on the top navigation bar that will let you see the different clubs and reviews. You can also Google for other sites input, etc.

What are your pros and cons of stripping/dancing?
    My pros/cons of my line of work won't be yours because we're both going to have different pleasures and annoyances so its irrelevant.

Do the clubs provide make up artist or how does that work as far as appearance for on the stage goes ?
    lol do your own makeup. Are you trying to be a stripper or a showgirl?

Can ANY dancer offer private lapdances ?
    Check with the club.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Selina M View Post
    Ok can I please just tell you that this is a pretty tight knit community and that's why we are standoffish sometimes. It's not the giant conglomerate that something like Reddit is. We don't know you, newbies are a dime a dozen and often vanish after being helped, and we get tired of it. Since we don't know you at all, we don't feel we owe you anything.

Think about what you are asking, for someone to sit here and spend an hour typing detailed responses to the questions you're asking, when a simple search could pop up tons of info. Yeah dancing has changed a bit but the general gist is the same and a thread from say, 2013, will still be totally relevant.

And continuing to be argumentative towards people who are suggesting you do the above is not endearing you to the rest of us. Bringing an attitude like that into a club is how you get your drinks spit in and your stuff stolen. Might want to work on it.
    I certainly am not arguing with anyone lmaoo.
    Im the one askin for help and advice o.O
    Owe me something ? Geez this is a website where you can choose to respond or not. Thanks the for advice

Thanks

ya'll are so triggered omg !!!
    I wasnt excepting to be such an annoyance LMAO !!

Thanks
    Thanked 10,341 Times in 2,870 Posts
    My Mood
    Brooding

DreamMuneca, as others have tried to explain, a lot of these questions have been asked countless times, which is why it can get annoying for seasoned members who have been here for years to see them repeated ad naseum without any research put in. Some of these questions, I have just seen threads on in the first page or two of Stripping General, Hustle Hut, or the Newbie section. Others, like doctor recommendations for a specific procedure, could easily take up their own entire thread in Body Business. And many of them, honestly, the only real answer is going to be "it depends on the club, and you won't know until you check out a specific place." You ask a lot of questions in one thread, many of which could take up their own entire thread in discussion, most of which have been talked to death already (usually recently), and there's a lot of mixing of "technical" questions and "what's your personal opinion on this" type of questions.

Yes, this website definitely exists to ask questions and discuss, but as with any online forum, there is generally a certain flow and format that's followed. As pissy as some ladies may have gotten, the general advice of "figure out how this community generally interacts and expects their members to help themselves to an extent if you truly plan to be here as an exotic dancer long term" would be good to take into consideration. It's really best to read what you can on a specific topic, and then, if you have a more specific question regarding your personal circumstances, ask it then, in its own thread.

I do take the stance that if any member doesn't want to answer newbie questions, to just move on and leave the thread alone. There's no need for some of the snark. (The only real thing is, though, that repeated questions clog up the forum and bury relevant threads that already have answers in them and make it harder to find those threads). However, there's no need for any of the snark in return to the ones who have tried to explain to you what their issue is calmly. If everyone is telling you basically the same thing, maybe better to take the info as a learning experience and move on with a better approach rather than claiming that everyone here is just being ridiculous and "triggered?"
    Don't try to win over the haters. You are not the Jerk Whisperer.

Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aurora_Sunset For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,341 Times in 2,870 Posts
    My Mood
    Brooding

Think about it - if everyone had just ignored the thread, you probably would have become disillusioned with the site because no one was answering your questions, and left, thinking we were all jerks who just didn't want to talk to you or help you. As it stands, you've been given the information you need to do better research and ask better questions in the future, so the site may still be of great use to you. Wouldn't you rather that than being completely ignored and silently wandering off with no idea where to even start?

If someone is being overly hostile about it, you can use the "report" button.
    Don't try to win over the haters. You are not the Jerk Whisperer.

Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aurora_Sunset For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

ya'll are so triggered omg !!!
    I wasnt excepting to be such an annoyance LMAO !!
    If you take that attitude with a bunch of irritated, tired strippers whose feet hurt and just dealt with unbelievable amounts of bullshit you are going to get smacked in the dressing room. This isn't a pissy post or anything. I'm just generally letting you know that it isn't going to go over very well so that you don't get said smack.

Also I sincerely wrote my post to you above. I don't see how that was "triggered" at all.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PinkPopcorn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,173 Times in 1,699 Posts

Hey , Im new to this website and I have alot of questions. I am 21 years old and from New York City. I am shy when I first meet someone but I'm overall a outspoken, out going and open minded young woman. I love to dance and I enjoy all kinds of music. I can dance to anything. I am slim, 5'6 , 125 pounds. I plan on gaining some more weight to add some more meat on to my booty. Thats the preferred look that I like personally. I am interested in becoming a "stripper", "exotic dancer" whatever you want to call it . Im 75% sure I want to do this. I wanted to know :

What is the process in becoming a stripper? Like do fill out a job app? Audition?

job app and audition in nyc.
    nervewracking.
    Do you have to dance on stage with other girls? Do you have to pay to dance alone?
    no and no
    yes, in nyc its usually over 100.
    yes but clubs dont look kindly on it.
    How did you prep yourself? Mentally ? Physically and Hygiene wise ? ( I dont want to hear about drowning yourself in victoria secret body spray for prep , I want actual tips like how do you prevent vag sweating, keeping fresh and clean )
    shower, sleep, gym, eat healthy, work consecutive days then take consecutive days off.
    Varies.
    Do strip clubs teach you how to do pole tricks? Or will you have to know how to do that coming in the door ?
    Neither. Nor do they care about pole tricks in Manhattan.
    In Manhattan you need to be in shape and look well put together.
    If you had any work done to enhance your apperence to make more money, can you recommend a good, affordable doctor who does amazing BBLs in your or someone you know experience ? ( I do not mind going to DR or overseas)
    You should mind going to DR. Start working before you start thinking about doing surgeries.
    Can you recommend good clubs in New York City that has good cliente with money, safe eviroment and overrall good vibe , not too "hood".
    stick to manhattan if you don't want "hood".
    pros money and freedom. cons- stigma.
    Do the clubs provide make up artist or how does that work as far as appearance for on the stage goes ?
    In Manhattan, most clubs have makeup and hair people but you have to pay them out of pocket. Or else you can just do it yourself.

Yes..

I basically want to know EVERYTHING or at least things someone who is interested in getting into stripping. I also would like to make some friends who are currently or has dance before ! So please Private message me if you would like to become friends as well !! Im very excited and am all open ears. I plan on making money , saving up and becoming my own boss, using stripping as a stepping stone.
    Good luck, love! Let me know which clubs you try out.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to arielbriel For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Selina M View Post

LOL the best way to get along with girls at a new club is to leave them alone and not ask them annoying questions! Just because you take yourself seriously as a future stripper doesn't mean anyone else has to because we're alll self employed. It's no ones job to train you like in other jobs. You train yourself. Try to do it without being really demanding or everyone will hate you.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vanessa_mtl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,242 Times in 2,876 Posts

"Triggered" is the latest new buzzword. We aren't "triggered", we are eye rolling and mildly irritated at your attitude. Like Aurora said, had we all ignored you instead of trying to politely let you know how the forum runs, you'd be saying we were bitches for that too.

Just cause you googled and found this forum doesn't mean you're that totally serious, quite frankly. It takes all of 5 minutes. That doesn't prove shit.

Please, go into an NYC club and ask the girls to help and spoon feed you. You'll discover really quickly how cut throat this industry is and then the responses you got here will make a lot more sense.
    "You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam38g
    Once a guy gets you to lower your expectations then that is all you are worth to him from then on.
    Quote Originally Posted by crystalize View Post
    Ok so i gotta turn up the moronic drunk slut

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Selina M For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,259 Times in 940 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

^^

I'm gonna say 75% of girls don't last past the first week.

Usually something happens and they realize dancing isn't the ~fun easy money~ job they thought it was.

Maybe it's the first time a customer who hasn't showered in days tells them they're too ugly for dances. Maybe it's the night manager telling them "come back after you lose some weight". Could be the first time a guy tries to shove his fingers inside them. Or after a night of dealing with all that kinda shit, not making any money, and watching ladies they thought were washed up old women hustling circles around them. Like, you can do all the research you want, but until you actually walk into a club and start working, there's really nothing that can prepare you for it.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SuperJa For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yes, there are lots of posts out there containing all this information. But for the sake of adding to it from the perspective of someone who hasn't weighed in on any of those threads, here's my experience:

Both! Call ahead to the club where you'd like to audition to figure out when you need to go, and be sure to ask what you'll need (definitely ID and g-strings and shoes, maybe a particular type of outfit) and watch some floorwork videos to have an idea of what to do during the audition

Awkward, but I tried to smile a lot; a customer wasn't tipping and a veteran dancer who was super supportive and awesome came up and started gassing me up and telling him to tip me

Sometimes the club will have girls do doubles on stage
    You don't have to pay to dance alone at my club

Yes, although if you work the opening shift it can be free; my club's house fees range from $30 all the way up to $100 if you show up after 10pm on a Saturday night

Yes

Before starting dancing in general, I read as many SW posts as possible and even kept a notebook where I'd jot down useful things to say, or ways to handle things.
    Before going in to work an actual shift, I do a quick yoga video on youtube to limber up, then shower and shave my legs and bikini area (highly recommend getting some good shave gel if you don't already use it), then I slap on foundation and heavy eye shadow, and curl my hair. IME, vag sweating isn't a problem although one of my dancer friends swears by some vag ph spray.

Huuuuuuge range

No, and no. Pole skills aren't necessary and plenty of girls don't even know how to do any pole tricks. (IME, the girls who spend more time up close and personal with the guys at the tip rail make better stage tips than the ones with killer pole knowledge)

Varies greatly. Usually height/weight proportional and attractive face

Love the fun atmosphere and EXTREMELY flexible schedule. I hate how tired I am sometimes, and how battered my knees are.

At my club, yes.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to aliwonderland For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Omg youíre so funny!

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Lol...thank god standards have dropped.

Yeah, I could easily make it another 8 years and not look out of place-ha.

Thanks

I understand coming on this site and being so excited and anxious that you donít want to through everything and want your specific questions answered. Trust me i was the same way( Iíve been on this site since 2009, made a new profile since I couldnít figure out how to change my username at the time, womp womp)

but the thing is your questions have legit threads and areas on this site that are updated regularly. And saying that you didnít see the Newbie section shows that you didnít take the time to even fully understand and take advantage of the site itself. So why would someone answer all your questions when you didnít even take the time to look at the first page of the site?? To me, itís like if you didnít do that, you wonít treasure the advice I give you.

No one is trying to intentionally be rude or mean. Weíre just real.Many of us have been in the adult industry for years and in this day and age where women think itís ďeasyĒ Women will jump in here, ask simple questions, and say itís not for them or they donít know as if they want to be persuaded. We will not persuade you.

Sam is blunt but itís for a reason. Her bluntness is whatís in this industry (BTW sheís a fucking OG) . It IS a rite of passage to get up and DO IT! It shows you what itís really about and if your cut out for it. And honestly if you get upset in here...good luck out there. Because itís worse.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HelenaVixen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

Stick around and you will find some good advice here at stripperweb. I've been coming here for years and I still learn something new every time!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12