Thread: Anyone here have LOONG hair?

Thanks

Default Anyone here have LOONG hair?

Iím talking waist length and below. I am a bit obsessed with having long, healthy locks but dancing has taken its toll on my current waist length hair. I am going to cut about 3 or 4 inches off the ends to thicken it and get rid of the damage (cries) My question is how do you long hair ladies keep your hair in good condition with all the swinging and abuse it goes through on a typical night in the club? Are there any protective styles you wear at work that look sexy but will keep the hairs from damage?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to IvoryDoll For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,373 Times in 1,069 Posts

Default Re: Anyone here have LOONG hair?

I don't work in the clubs anymore but when I did my hair was to my waist. My hair is down to my ass now. I do weekly hair mask treatments and take good quality vitamins. Sometimes I do coconut oil treatments. Damage to the ends can be hard to avoid. There are split end mending hair products. They don't work that great for me so I'm always having to cut the ends off. I don't know if you straighten your hair or not but if you do, use a heat-protecting serum every time because straighteners can be damaging. I learned that the hard way. I usually wore my hair down but sometimes pulled off the Ariana Grande 'half up' hairstyle.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WendiStarr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,945 Times in 7,320 Posts
    My Mood
    Doh

I have about bra strap length..
    I get trims, deep condition, use Olaplex once week (there's a thread on O in this section) also I use daily leave in product, some oil on the ends
    I have to treat my scalp as well, since last year a dumb stylist F'd me up. I use aloe on my scalp & coconut oil.
    During the day I keep my hair up w/a wooden stick, usually a knit hat

Thanks
    Thanked 20,234 Times in 3,327 Posts

In general, most people can only grow their hair about 3 feet long. A few can grow it longer, pony tail holders can break it, so be careful of those.
    I think waves from a bun and you let it down is sexy rather than straight and using heat products on it.

Wash twice a week & use a dry shampoo on days you don't wash. Use a wide tooth comb rather than a hair brush.
    Eat more cucumbers, watermelon & eggplant which has silica in it & is wonderful for hair & skin.

Air dry is better than a hair dryer.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sam38g For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh

Also, re: straightening, I use & love Aveda Smooth Infusion, it's a leave in used after washing.
    I don't use heat on my hair, I use SI^ & comb it out, it's not stick straight but it relaxes the curl quite a bit.
    Also I like Ken Pavis relaxing balm, both products smell great like natural perfume.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh

Veggies for hair growth:
    avacado
    kidney beans
    mushrooms
    potatoes
    broccoli
    spinach
    chickpeas
    artichoke
    carrots
    cauliflower
    onion
    cabbage
    beets
    Swiss chard

Herbs for hair infusion:
    rosemary, red sage, rasberry, nettles, yarrow

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,506 Times in 2,576 Posts

Mine is to my middle back. So much maintenance lol ughhh. I have to condition it often or its like straw.....I'd recommend wigs & falls
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVsr...k&spfreload=10
    "They're a bit strange in Los Angeles" Duckie, "NCIS"I've walked in L.A.. It was to my car, so I could drive in L.A..

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh

Also the chloresteral conditioner @Sallys, my salon uses it.
    & Organic Juice Beauty, from Amazon or Target

Thanks
    Thanked 6,506 Times in 2,576 Posts

Occasionally I'll put coconut oil in my hair. But I think jojoba or argan oil are better choices for most people.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVsr...k&spfreload=10
    "They're a bit strange in Los Angeles" Duckie, "NCIS"I've walked in L.A.. It was to my car, so I could drive in L.A..

Thanks
    Thanked 2,020 Times in 597 Posts
    My Mood
    Buzzed

BEsides the great advice above, I also reccomend some weekly visits at a professional saloon, for some good treatments. Afterall, we make money from being beautiful and visit at the hairdresser is an investment.
    We all know that men are crazy for hot, healthy, beautiful and long hair!
    My best friend, is a camgirl and she has a dried scalp so she only needs to wash her hair once a week. For that, she hasn't washed/ styled her hair home for 4 years (her hair is naturally straight anyway so she doesn't need much styling anyway). Every week she is having her hair washed at saloon and of course, it looks amazing. She gets lots of compliments and tips from members only because she has a long beautiful hair.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sam38g View Post
    In general, most people can only grow their hair about 3 feet long. A few can grow it longer, pony tail holders can break it, so be careful of those.
    I think waves from a bun and you let it down is sexy rather than straight and using heat products on it.

Wash twice a week & use a dry shampoo on days you don't wash. Use a wide tooth comb rather than a hair brush.
    Eat more cucumbers, watermelon & eggplant which has silica in it & is wonderful for hair & skin.

Air dry is better than a hair dryer.
    I agree with this.

I have butt length hair.

I NEVER use any heat on my hair anymore. I also no longer dance or work in the adult industry at all anymore though either. When I danced I would straighten it most nights but since I already have naturally straight hair then I would do a quick 5 minute job on it just to get any of those unattractive waves in the back out of my hair. I haven't used a hair dryer in probably atleast 3 years. I also keep my hair in a bun 90% of the time. I let it air dry first, brush it, then put it up in the bun. I do what Sam suggested here also about putting in in the bun and if I want to wear it down then it does look good with natural waves after I brush it well and leave it in a bun for a while (atleast a few hours) but I think it looks best to put it in a bun, keep it that way over night and when you wake up then let it down to have better natural waves.

I only wash my hair 2 -3 times a week. I want to cut it down to just 2 times because most weeks I give in and wash it 3 times a week. I haven't tried the dry shampoo yet but I should because I always give in from my hair feeling icky.

And about silica, those foods are all good foods for it but I highly suggest trying Diatomaceous Earth. It is a natural form of silica and is WONDERFUL for hair, nails and a long list of other health benefits. It is also really inexpensive. This guy explains it well as far as all of the benefits if you haven't heard of it. I like his video the best because of his personality in it and he does a good job getting the point across about it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PYdIQEqYM4

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MiraMichele For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 20,234 Times in 3,327 Posts

I love dry shampoo on the roots. It cost about $5 & last me at least a month or longer. I wear wigs often on cam on days where I don't want to fix it or wash it & keep to washing it twice a week. Although I have short hair, I did have long hair for almost 3 decades.

Coconut or olive oil on the ends the night before you wash helps restore vitamin E into your hair & keeps it soft & shiny.

Try rinsing your hair with beer every other week then follow with cool water. You can also rinse with 1/4 vinegar to water mix to remove all product build up on your hair once a month.

Mayo makes an excellent hair mask.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sam38g For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I have long hair and I've never felt like it was being damaged in the club so I've never thought about that but just in general I sleep with my hair in a braid to keep it from breaking off and I take vitamins for hair/skin/nails. I don't know if they've made a difference but my hair is still healthy even though I'm always heat styling it so that's a good sign. Doesn't hurt to try the vitamins. Oh yeah and I use a heat protectant. Every time. I've been using one by Kenra called blow dry spray forever and I really like it.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daniellaa For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Does blow drying on cold setting still damage it?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,142 Times in 1,294 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Yes. I do not dry my hair usually with a drier. Sometimes just the front part. My hair was really damaged from extensions and double processing and it took me about 5 years to grow it out. I will never let it get damaged again!
    XoXo Gia
    Danielle Fishell (the Dish): "If the Super-Star thing doesn't work out, Gia makes a great stripper name"

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Gia2608 For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Hi, ass length hair still dancing almost full time. No heat styling ever. Do olaplex before colour treatments. Wash it 2-3 times per week, only brush with a wide tooth comb when it's still damp and coated in Jamaican black castor oil leave in conditioner, also use split end products. Never blow dry never towel dry just let it air dry. Never use a hairbrush always use a wide tooth or wet comb, comb the ends out first like you would do with a weave. I never straighten or curl my hair it has a wave to it and there is no reason not to rock it at work.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh

I read somewhere that leaving wet hair to airdry is bad, something about the water sitting on it
    Idk can't remember exactly what it said why it was bad
    Last edited by whirlerz; 11-14-2017 at 04:28 PM.

Veteran Member
    Thanks

^^ as I said my hair is wavy. My routine is a pared down version of this. Combing brushing curly hair when it's dry is the fastest way to rip it off of your head.

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/style-be...ly-hair-hacks/

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh

, mine is curly I was passing on something I read..
    I use a Tangle Teezer brush they make for curly hair, (can be used wet or dry)+ detangling products
    If I don't do anything to it after washing it even between washings, it'll become a knotty Brillo pad

Thanks

Its true! https://www.prevention.com/beauty/ha...-dry-your-hair

I know my hair doesn't feel very nice when I let it air dry probably because I have so much hair and it takes forever not to mention my hair breaks so easily so the longer its wet the longer its at risk of breaking off.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Daniellaa For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Use soft water. I had never heard of the process before but where I have lived for the past 6 months has soft water. My hair has never been so healthy and I think it is mainly because of the soft water. It also feels very nice to bathe in soft water. Here is a link that explains how to do the process https://purifieradvisors.com/the-3-b...ter-softening/

Here is a link describing the benefits of using soft water as well https://www.harveywatersofteners.co....thy-soft-water

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daniellaa View Post
    Its true! https://www.prevention.com/beauty/ha...-dry-your-hair

I know my hair doesn't feel very nice when I let it air dry probably because I have so much hair and it takes forever not to mention my hair breaks so easily so the longer its wet the longer its at risk of breaking off.
    Wow thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 15,283 Times in 5,015 Posts

I have 2/3 down my back length. Love keratin treatments every 3 months.

Love my wet brush, turbie twists..

Thanks

Can you do them with naturally straight hair? And are they damaging?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,283 Times in 5,015 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IvoryDoll View Post
    Can you do them with naturally straight hair? And are they damaging?
    Yes, you can get them on straight hair. I get them primarily for frizz reduction, and to strengthen my hair. Japanese straightening is the one that can damage your hair and cause breakage - I had that done twice when i was 19ish, and a chunk of hair around my crown broke off and fell out. Yikes!

Keratin is healthy and will not damage your hair. It takes about 3 hours for the full process, if you have long hair. I only pay $200 + tip for mine...i feel so lucky to have found this lady!

37. The Following User Says Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post: