Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Counting money in the DR?????

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Default Counting money in the DR?????

My stripper mentor told me not to do it, that it's not discreet, so I've never done it. I keep a tally in my head but it's an estimate. Also, I feel like letting people know exactly what you have is a way to get robbed? However, I see dancers doing it all the time. Why? I'm not talking sorting your tips after stage, I'm not talking verifying the amount given to you if the customer charges it to a card and the club is cashing you out... I'm talking the full haul right in the DR? Anyone want to shed some light in this enduring stripper mystery? Feel like there's something I'm not getting...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to vanessa_mtl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,019 Times in 1,133 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

Default Re: Counting money in the DR?????

I would always do it in the toilet if I had to count in the club. Girls get jealous . Even when I waitressed I would count my money in private. I have also seen girls count out large amounts and have seen girls talking shit about them.
    xoxo

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to chanzep For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,802 Times in 1,634 Posts

Only count that shit when the customer gives it to you and when you get home. That's it. lol

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ScarletKitten For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,218 Times in 4,855 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

Some people like to brag, be flashy, and make a production out of it....

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by miss.a.p1600 View Post
    Some people like to brag, be flashy, and make a production out of it....
    Lol! I used to work with this girl who would ostentatiously count the money aloud and hold up hundreds to the ceiling lights as if she was checking their authenticity...

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to trustfundkiller For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,218 Times in 4,855 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

Heauxs be in the DR counting money like....

...."this pocket change"
    ...."we getting money - best believe that"
    ...."I wipe my ass with this"
    ...."Shit, my wrist getting tired"

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Senior Member chocolatebombshell's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep

I count it sometimes or I’ll arrange it to tip whoever for the night.
    Last edited by chocolatebombshell; 11-14-2017 at 07:53 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to chocolatebombshell For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I don't do this and girls at my club rarely do but I worked in a club for a couple nights where all the tip outs were in percentages (5% to managers, 5% to DJ, etc) so the girls would count out their cash in the dressing room before they left so they tipped accurately. But honestly nobody there was making any money so it never seemed braggy to me. I still went in the bathroom.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to luxlikeluxurious For This Useful Post:

Thanks

In Stripcast by LuxATL she talks about always counting out her money in the DR. And doing it multiple times when it was in the thousands.
    #NoMercy
    Would you believe me if I said I do it because I like it?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,485 Times in 2,567 Posts

Set-ups for robbery are so common now, not just against sex workers but against rich athletes, stupid Trustfundians & out of luck tourists....

I keep big bills in my shoes or boots. I keep a smaller bunch of cash rolled up in my bag or pocket. If you get mugged let go of something small...it's safer for you.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVsr...k&spfreload=10
    "They're a bit strange in Los Angeles" Duckie, "NCIS"I've walked in L.A.. It was to my car, so I could drive in L.A..

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Always count your money when it's handed to you, by the club or a customer. If you don't and it's the wrong amount you have no recourse. If you get your money at the end of the night in the DR, you have to count it there.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to cede For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

When I was dancing, I kept paper clips in my money bag. As my shift went on I casually made bundles of $20s, 100s whatever. I wouldn't need to count a big messy pile of cash in the DR because I constantly knew how much I was making throughout the night.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KALIN For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,122 Times in 1,285 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

I think in clubs where customers throw buckets/ piles of 1's it's more common for girls to count the money out in the DR like that. If its literally in a pile or a trash bag or whatever you need to organize it. Otherwise there is not one solitary good reason to do so.
    XoXo Gia
    Danielle Fishell (the Dish): "If the Super-Star thing doesn't work out, Gia makes a great stripper name"

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gia2608 For This Useful Post:

Senior Member chocolatebombshell's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by SnuffleUffleGrass View Post
    Set-ups for robbery are so common now, not just against sex workers but against rich athletes, stupid Trustfundians & out of luck tourists....

I keep big bills in my shoes or boots. I keep a smaller bunch of cash rolled up in my bag or pocket. If you get mugged let go of something small...it's safer for you.

I agree. I usually wrap my money in a pantyhose and put it in undies or bra. That way if someone grabs my dancer bag,they’ll be pissed to realize there’s nothing but stripper gear and hygiene products in it. Lol

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chocolatebombshell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,276 Times in 942 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

^^

When I've worked at clubs where you are on stage with more than one girl and you split tips evenly then you would definitely count it in the dressing room.

Otherwise I don't count until after I get back home/wherever I'm staying.

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SuperJa For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member Girl Anachronism's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,095 Times in 415 Posts

most of the time i don't think that would be an issue unless you're being really fucking annoying about it like some other people said.. i think we all know a girl who does that.

i've noticed that at bigger clubs where all the girls are hot and large amounts of money flows through consistently, counting money in the DR is not a problem at all. no one bats an eye. but if you're at a dive and making bank while others are struggling it might be a bad idea to be flashing all your money where anyone can see

31. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Girl Anachronism For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

^^ yes! This has been very enlightening. I figured at stage tipping clubs you would basically have to count and organize in the DR after stage. I don't see anything wrong with doing this other than becoming a target for a robbery, but I'm definitely the paranoid type. I don't see it as a problem. I'm just wondering why? I suppose you could just be impatient to see what you have, you could be proud and want everyone to know, or it could just be club culture everyone does it- but even when I worked in the biggest club in my country where everyone was banking not everyone was counting in the DR. Counting my money at home is my favourite part of the night but I suppose that is arbitrary.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vanessa_mtl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I've always worked in clubs with working cameras in the DR and used the corner to count my money (facing away from everyone) because I am not about to be robbed and I am not one to talk about how much I make. I usually organize my money when I go to the toilet throughout the night, but other than that I count in my corner lol.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to babb For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Its 50/50 on who counts in the DR in my club. Some do some dont. Some count in the managers office. I tip out percentages so i need to do it, i always make sure im paid the right amount but remembering more than a ballpark isnt happening lol. We have mad cameras in our club so im not really worried about being robbed.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Arieldances For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It just looks bad to me. I want the customers know I’m here for fun. They never see my money neither do other girls working. It kind of looks trashy and even though I am a stripper I’m a bit different than the girls at my club I want customers to feel like I’m just a sexy woman here to have a glass of wine and chit chat with a hot man. (That’s my story Hahahaha) so I won’t be walking around with money attached to my shoe. I keep an idea in my head of how much and if you’re thinking of every dollar amount the entire time you’re attention isn’t on the customers and you’re actually losing money. Go in have a nice evening with the gentleman and you won’t have to worry. Also superstitious reasons taking it home and counting is better! When other girls ask me stupid questions like how much I makes so far a say a random ass number everytime. Weirdos

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dawnfox For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Yes in Canada we don't have mandatory or percentage based tips so it's different here.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to vanessa_mtl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 934 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy

I always counted my money in the bathroom away from the eyes of haters ALWAYS. One girl that repeatedly stole my look when she first started there had the nerve to say that I was a whore bc I gave lap dances LMAO umm ok, that's why she always went home with her $50 & under on some nights. *smdh*
    "Don't go mistaking paradise for a pair of long legs"

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

43. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xxxGothBarbie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xxxGothBarbie View Post
    I always counted my money in the bathroom away from the eyes of haters ALWAYS. One girl that repeatedly stole my look when she first started there had the nerve to say that I was a whore bc I gave lap dances LMAO umm ok, that's why she always went home with her $50 & under on some nights. *smdh*
    Lmao WHAT?? What did she think strippers did? Just stage?

Thanks

My damn club tells every single person working there what ever single girl makes as the end of each night. It's there way of "motivating" the girls to compete against each other. I can't stand it and refuse to acknowledge the print out. Sometime the DJ tells me I was high-ho, I never believe him, he knows I won't look. It used to drive me crazy and make me crazy depressed because I was always on the lower end. Not acknowledging or caring seems to be working for me.

46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to questella For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by questella View Post
    My damn club tells every single person working there what ever single girl makes as the end of each night. It's there way of "motivating" the girls to compete against each other. I can't stand it and refuse to acknowledge the print out. Sometime the DJ tells me I was high-ho, I never believe him, he knows I won't look. It used to drive me crazy and make me crazy depressed because I was always on the lower end. Not acknowledging or caring seems to be working for me.
    Worked in a place like this- it was all funny money with a sheet we all saw with our amounts we had to sign for...was odd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast