Thread: want to dance, can’t “dance”

Thanks

Dizzy want to dance, can’t “dance”

this forum has been so helpful, however i’ve searched everywhere & haven’t found any related posts to my biggest concern!
    im currently a cocktail waitress @ a SC. i’ve been there for about a month now. as most people probably know, it sucks. a ton of work for little to no money.
    I want to start dancing, really bad. I think i’d be really good at the hustle, etc. my only problem (and my initial reason for cocktail waitressing) is the fact that I can’t “dance”. lol I feel like I look stupid dancing when I go out drinking,, etc. i generally avoid it. I can twerk a little bit, move slowly, I REALLY want to take a pole class because I think I could be really good at pole work & it looks like so much fun. (girls at my club doing pole work seem to make great money, too) but before I can afford a pole class... i’m gunna have to start dancing. a lot of people have said dancing isn’t a huge deal when it comes to the strip club, but is that really true? I mean... you are a dancer, lol. are there any girls who had a similar problem/insecurity? is it really a learned skill? does rhythm, etc, really matter? or do I just have to be a wiley temptress who looks like she’s interested in customers lol. any tips for how to dance during an audition? should I just practice floor work? etc. help!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 961 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Default Re: want to dance, can’t “dance”

In most clubs actual dancing ability doesn't matter. There are plenty of girls who don't really dance that do well. Just move slow and sexy and interact with the customers at your row.

Thanks

thank you for your reply! I can do the slow & sexy thing. my club isn’t topless, so I can’t waste time doing a strip tease or anything. how would you recommend spacing my time during a 3 song set? like floor work, walking around, any specific moves that would be easy? I feel like i’ll look stupid just walking around! maybe it’s just my nerves lol. also, we have a 2nd stage that is basically one of those shaky poles with a base in the middle of the floor in between tables. how will I survive on that thing without twerking or pole skills �� lol i’m a worry wart right now.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,095 Times in 7,393 Posts
    My Mood
    Angry

Just, read up on here, watch the other girls..
    You'll catch on

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 20,636 Times in 3,413 Posts

There are tons of burlesque dance moves & stripper dance moves on youtube.

Then there are stripper dance classes online & old dvds.
    Pussycat Dolls music videos

Practice at home with a mirror.

Thanks

Is your club the sort that you will look out of place if you don't do polework/twerk/dance very well? Most clubs have girls that can do all that and then girls who are bad at dancing. At most clubs it doesn't matter if you are bad at dancing, but you should learn enough things that you always know what to do next on stage before you start dancing. Maybe learn a basic routine or move combinations to get you by that you don't have to think what to do next so much?

Also at some clubs the bartenders/cocktail waitresses often make more than many of the strippers, although maybe not at your particular club idk lol.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,204 Times in 1,314 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Wait, you said the club wasn't opless OP- is it a bikini club?
    XoXo Gia
    Danielle Fishell (the Dish): "If the Super-Star thing doesn't work out, Gia makes a great stripper name"

Thanks

I started as a cocktail waitress and got stuck there for a year before finally making my move up to stripping! I started as a cocktail waitress because I didn't have the balls to start dancing yet so I took pole classes and just really paid attention to other girls, which made me feel like a creep but they didn't care lol. I also talked to the girls who I trusted about making the move and they gave me a ton of tips, especially about clubs in this area. I have a friend who dances with me and we always go together if you know anyone who would wanna start with you.

Sooo my advice to you is take pole classes and just do it.

The best advice anyone has ever wrote on this website in reference to dancing is that you're not DANCING, you're moving from one sexy pose to another. (Best advice ever)! Keep us updated.

Thanks

very few girls at my club can do polework. twerking is a different story, it seems to be everyone’s go to move. so not doing that might make me stick out.
    that’s what I was thinking, too. i’m going to watch some floorwork videos later. thank you! I guess what I was really worried about is if this is a common theme with new dancers, or if most everyone goes into it knowing how to dance. but you just told me my exact plan so that makes me feel A LOT better lol.

at my club everything is under the table. there’s a mandatory $20 tip out for bartenders, & if it’s super slow all night it’s not uncommon for anyone to come out of pocket. for some reason our clientele understands that they should tip the dancers, but doesn’t quite get the concept of waitresses also providing a service for money. stupid lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ellexoxox3 View Post
    I started as a cocktail waitress and got stuck there for a year before finally making my move up to stripping! I started as a cocktail waitress because I didn't have the balls to start dancing yet so I took pole classes and just really paid attention to other girls, which made me feel like a creep but they didn't care lol. I also talked to the girls who I trusted about making the move and they gave me a ton of tips, especially about clubs in this area. I have a friend who dances with me and we always go together if you know anyone who would wanna start with you.

Sooo my advice to you is take pole classes and just do it.

The best advice anyone has ever wrote on this website in reference to dancing is that you're not DANCING, you're moving from one sexy pose to another. (Best advice ever)! Keep us updated.
    it’s funny that you say that, because one of my coworkers from my other job actually got hired as a cocktail waitress at the same time as me & we planned to start dancing together. her first night dancing was last night, though. i’m still nervous �� but I think you’re definitely right about the pole classes. I think that would help a lot, as soon as I can get my funds up thank you!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gia2608 View Post
    Wait, you said the club wasn't opless OP- is it a bikini club?
    ohp I should’ve specified. yes, it is

Thanks
    Thanked 3,204 Times in 1,314 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

I do not know where this club is and wouldn't pretend to be an expert on dancing in every part of the world but I do not think money is so great in bikini bars.
    XoXo Gia
    Danielle Fishell (the Dish): "If the Super-Star thing doesn't work out, Gia makes a great stripper name"

Thanks

I've been dancing for a while and to be honest with you, I still barely know any pole moves. I pretty much just stalked SW and followed the advice of moving slowly and sensually. .. and it works for me! There are girls who can't dance at all at my club and actually look GOOFY but have customers coming to their stage every time they're up just because of their smile / eye contact / interaction. In contrast, there are girls who are actual pole dancing professionals who make $4 at most simply because they don't interact with anyone or attempt to make sales while on stage. Unless it is a 'make it rain' club where pole is basically required, you'll be fine.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to daisydukez For This Useful Post:

Thanks

practice dancing at home. you don't have to really dance but it helps and trust me it's not as hard as you think it is. most people who "can't dance" are just self conscious.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Litch For This Useful Post:

Thanks

thank you guys! before I could actually make the move myself, the dance manager approached me & asked me to work this weekend �� soooo if I can scrounge up the money for a pair of pleasers, i’ll let you guys know how my first night goes! in the mean time, i’m freaking out. gunna go watch some floorwork routines now. lol