Thread: Curious how you handle Terrible $ nights

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Default Curious how you handle Terrible $ nights

Iíve been so lucky these past couple years that Iíve barely had a bad night because my club is reasonably busy, I have Regs, and Iím good. Average night is great and I feel so good making my money. However, once in a blue moon I have an awful night where I just donít turn things around. How do you guys handle these nights?? Such a shitty feeling to waste a night. Instead of getting more motivated and trying harder I just slack. And get bitter when I see other girls making money! So pathetic! Itís like momentum for me. If Iím doing well, Iím motivated to keep doing well, but if itís a slow start I kind of self destruct. Wouldnít care so much if I threw in the towel and call it an early night. But tonight I stuck around, didnít try, and will now be tired tomorrow and I left as it was getting busy! Couldnít be bothered after spending hours being declined. Anyone else uncompetitive like this? Any tips or should I just learn when to quit.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KatGrrl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Re: Curious how you handle Terrible $ nights

I always just stay the whole rest of the night so that at least I don't have to torture myself with "what if that one great customer came in after I left???" I mean its not like I have anything better to do anyways if I was planning on working so just ride it out. If I have a bad night I just accept it and move on since there's nothing I can do about it. I know I tried my best and stayed so its like oh well whatever what more can ya do? I just look forward to better nights ahead. But I am competitive when im there, you have to be. Don't learn when to quit learn to be competitive. Those girls who were making the money could be you next time if you try.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Daniellaa For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,125 Times in 603 Posts

a bottle of tequila and lots of self pity. j/k, but actually kind of true at times. i know my mood is tied pretty directly to whatever amount i made the night before.. it sucks, i know but i guess it comes with the territory.

my friend tells me to look at weekly vs nightly earnings, works for her but not for me.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crystalize For This Useful Post:

Thanks

When I'm having a bad night i just make it a point to start having a lot of fun on stage. I dont drink at work so that's not something that helps me get less annoyed but i go sit in the dressing room for a minute, put on a new outfit, and then ask the dj to start playing silly songs. Either i get a hella good workout and have fun on stage, or i do the same thing and it gets people interested in me and i start making money. Win win to me

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Arieldances For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,306 Times in 5,020 Posts

After an especially bad night, honestly, i take some time off. I think having a part - time vanilla side job can be essential to staying sane in this industry. Being 100% reliant on dancing income makes it more difficult!

Many women swear by following slow nights up with another shift, to allow the slow shift to be the anomaly... basically allowing for a decent or busy night to follow the slow one.

We're all different. But we can all agree that slow nights, dancing, are super rough on the psyche. So whatever works for you, remember to be kind to yourself.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by crystalize View Post
    a bottle of tequila and lots of self pity. j/k, but actually kind of true at times. i know my mood is tied pretty directly to whatever amount i made the night before.. it sucks, i know but i guess it comes with the territory.

my friend tells me to look at weekly vs nightly earnings, works for her but not for me.
    I am with your friend on this.
    For example; if I'm usually making $1000/week, and used to making at least $350/day, I could have weeks where Monday could be okay ($300) , while Wednesday makes you wanna pull out your hairs ($50), Friday could be that rockstar night where you make the rest of your goal for the week ($700+)
    Sometimes all of your regs can come in one day and make your week!
    Just wait until the end of the week to see if you still make about the same as you usually do.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZafinaX For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Just keep smiling and walking around the club. Last night club was packed with lots of young cheap guys, I'd made 60$ by 11:30... then two customers are just walking around looking for a seat but every seat was taken with young dudes with bottles taking up space... So My friend and I suggested we go to the VIP instead! they got a champagne room. You never know how the night will go because it only takes one guy.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vanessa_mtl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,371 Times in 591 Posts

If my night was slow money wise, I would shift my focus to other parts of the job that I like and just have fun. Even though we harp on younger girls about this being a job, not a place to sit around and socialize like a regular club, I always found it beneficial to fall back on that mentality. I essentially get to party for free (after house) at worst and paid for it in most cases! It's not a way of thinking I would encourage on regular nights, but it can really turn your mood around on a bad one and we all know customers prefer girls who look like they're having fun.

Some of my best memories from dancing are actually from slow nights because of that thought process.

I also think it's really important to go back to work the night following a bad one. The party girl act on the bad night helps me feel motivated to come back in the next, while being a sour puss and then skipping a night or two can put you in a funk next time you work. If the second night is better, then you can write off the first. If subsequent nights suck, though, then I suggest taking a little time off (whatever you want/need/can afford) to regroup.
    Exotic dancing is like any other job.
    If you work in an office, you wear dress shoes and a suit.
    If you work in a restaraunt, you wear skid resistant shoes and a uniform.
    If you work in a strip club, you wear 7" stilettos and lycra g-strings.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Naida For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It's less about how your night went, and more about how your week was. If you are meeting your goal and more, it's a good week. There's gonna be a slow night every once in a while, but who cares if you are still meeting above and beyond your goals every week?

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to babb For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Entertain myself in any way possible and wait for 90% of the girls to sneak out the back door. I believe that more often than not if you stick it out something will happen eventually and if it's a particularly slow night I end up being the one running the show by 1am. Then I go around and tell every customer that we're closing soon so if you want a dance let me know in an upbeat tone with a smile and they usually say yes because they spent the last hour getting hounded by desperate angry girls lol.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Litch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,351 Times in 2,900 Posts

If there's literally nobody there or you're in a funk, entertain yourself. I hate them most of the time but sometimes the barflies are useful to have a drink with and at least make you look busy to any new customers. One night I busted out Cards Against Humanity and 5 of the girls played. Etc.

Sometimes there's nothing for it but to go in the next night & try again. I also like to keep a second club so I can go there if Club A gets too slow, to keep from getting grumpy. I don't advise taking a bunch of days off though, you'll just cement in your brain "Why go to work, it's slow". But don't beat yourself up about it. It's a sales job, shit happens, we can't control the other humans in the bar or any of the factors that keep them from coming into the bar in the first place. Ya know?
    "You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam38g
    Once a guy gets you to lower your expectations then that is all you are worth to him from then on.
    Quote Originally Posted by crystalize View Post
    Ok so i gotta turn up the moronic drunk slut