Thread: Transferwise Borderless

Thanks

Default Transferwise Borderless

Hello ladies,
    couldn't find a thread about that, just post it here if there is one already... is anyone outside the US using Transferwise Borderless account instead of FristChoice / Paxum? The camsites don't take a fee for those two but the exchange rate from Paxum seems to be pretty bad and I always transfer into my German or Australian account ergo I'm losing a lot of money by doing that.
    A friend asked me now why I'm not using Transferwise Borderless as you can get bank details for the US (and UK, Australia and a Euro IBAN) and when you transfer / switch the currencies you only pay their fees which are a lot lower than the ones of the banks.
    Or does anyone know if it's not suitable for adult work at all, like PayPal?
    https://transferwise.com/au/borderle...avbar#coverage

Edit: Just found this on their website:
    "We do not provide our Services to businesses or support transactions which involve adult content."
    So I guess that means we can't use it, huh? Very sad...

xx cat

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cat1989 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,228 Times in 1,638 Posts

Default Re: Transferwise Borderless

Its a direct deposit account like any other direct deposit account. Its good for payroll from US-based companies (such as ours). If its used for payroll and clients are nowhere near it, there's no "adult" to the transaction.

"Daily pay ALL the things!"
    [email protected] - Skype: BoleynModels - "If you haven't heard a rumor by 10am, start one."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KatyBoleyn For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KatyBoleyn View Post
    Its a direct deposit account like any other direct deposit account. Its good for payroll from US-based companies (such as ours). If its used for payroll and clients are nowhere near it, there's no "adult" to the transaction.
    Thanks for your reply.
    Im not a native speaker so not sure if I understood right.... because it's used for payroll it should be okay if I do it via trasferwise? Ive read we shouldn't use PayPal because they don't allow adult work. I don't want to do anything via them but what is the difference? Clients wouldn't be anywhere near either?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,228 Times in 1,638 Posts

Most legit cam companies don't use PayPal for payroll regardkess. In theory its perfectly fine to use them for payroll. They even reinstated my business account and have spammed us to death for us to start with them lately. The issue is that when you're doing payroll for 10's or 1000's of models, someone will decide the rules don't apply to them and start using services in ways they weren't intended...such as having clients of one sort or another pay directly to them. These models then get busted when that "trusted client" inevitably does a chargeback and it effects your business. This is what happened with another service that was very nice to use for us. This is the same problem we would have if we used PayPal. We can't risk 1000+ models to not get paid because someone wanted to be a special snowflake.

TLR, a PAYROLL transaction between a company and its contract employee or affiliate is NOT an "adult transaction". Its payroll. There's no risk, there's no chargebacks involved at all - very few people refuse their paychecks. More importantly, VISA/MC doesn't care because they aren't involved and can't grab those "high risk" fees.

With Transferwise, you basically make a direct deposit "pass through" account. For us as US payroll providers, its the same as any other person with a U.S. bank account.

"Daily pay ALL the things!"
    [email protected] - Skype: BoleynModels - "If you haven't heard a rumor by 10am, start one."

Thanks
    Thanked 4,153 Times in 1,158 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by cat1989 View Post
    Thanks for your reply.
    Im not a native speaker so not sure if I understood right.... because it's used for payroll it should be okay if I do it via trasferwise? Ive read we shouldn't use PayPal because they don't allow adult work. I don't want to do anything via them but what is the difference? Clients wouldn't be anywhere near either?
    I think the biggest difference with Paypal is that they've been around longer, and they've seen more adult industry-related shenanigans and scams, so they have more reasons to dislike and distrust the adult industry. (Also, PP is a dick.) So they're more likely to see that you get your money from an adult company, assume you're a scammer, and shut you down whether you deserve it or not. I think with enough time and enough rule breaking, a company like TransferWise could/would/will end up the same way.

And on that hopeful note... I wonder if TransferWise would work well for US ladies to get a UK or EU account number to more easily get paid by AW and European sites.
    Quote Originally Posted by temptingmodel
    "dont worry, its slow for other models today"
    I'm not other models, its not slow.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,801 Times in 2,001 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Magical_Hoohah View Post
    I think the biggest difference with Paypal is that they've been around longer, and they've seen more adult industry-related shenanigans and scams, so they have more reasons to dislike and distrust the adult industry. (Also, PP is a dick.) So they're more likely to see that you get your money from an adult company, assume you're a scammer, and shut you down whether you deserve it or not. I think with enough time and enough rule breaking, a company like TransferWise could/would/will end up the same way.

And on that hopeful note... I wonder if TransferWise would work well for US ladies to get a UK or EU account number to more easily get paid by AW and European sites.
    I was curious about that, as well!

The main reason i don’t want to use Transferwise is that they don’t have debit cards. Does anyone know how long it takes to move money from a Transferwise account, into a US or European bank account?

Thanks

If this works and is legit, it's amazing. There are sites I haven't signed up for because they don't have good options for non US models, I'm going to check it out.

Thanks for posting about it!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to EdithOutlier For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seashell View Post
    I was curious about that, as well!

The main reason i don’t want to use Transferwise is that they don’t have debit cards. Does anyone know how long it takes to move money from a Transferwise account, into a US or European bank account?
    I haven't used the borderless one yet but I've transferred funds between my German, Aussi and New Zealand bank accounts via using transferweise many times and it was between 1-3 days. If I remember right it usually was transferred the next day already if there was no weekend in between. Would assume with borderless it's similar. I'm travelling for over two years now, and since being in that kind of community I've never heard anything bad about Transferwise, pretty much everyone is using it to move funds as it's so cheap.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cat1989 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EdithOutlier View Post
    If this works and is legit, it's amazing. There are sites I haven't signed up for because they don't have good options for non US models, I'm going to check it out.

Yes, same for me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KatyBoleyn View Post

TLR, a PAYROLL transaction between a company and its contract employee or affiliate is NOT an "adult transaction". Its payroll. There's no risk, there's no chargebacks involved at all - very few people refuse their paychecks. More importantly, VISA/MC doesn't care because they aren't involved and can't grab those "high risk" fees.

With Transferwise, you basically make a direct deposit "pass through" account. For us as US payroll providers, its the same as any other person with a U.S. bank account.
    Awesome thanks for so much info, sooo... I think I'm gonna try this when I get back to camming in a few weeks. Cheaper and I don't really trust Paxum...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to cat1989 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,747 Times in 528 Posts

Yes I get paid by BM through this and it's amazingly cheap - not as cheap as Circle was (free) but that's another story - and is in my UK bank within 24 hours. I'm terrified to see it named here on the forum because once Google picks it up then TW are bound to find out, this thread should be in verified not out here in the open .

I wish I could give my US bank account details to other companies i.e. TTM for example but have refrained because that is literally being paid the money I earned from sex work, whereas BM is quite rightly just a payroll company. Please don't talk so openly about this company on the forum there are already so few options for us UK girls through BM.

Adultwork Streamate Twitter ManyVids
    Earn Today and be Paid Tomorrow with Boleyn Models!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teddy_Bear For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy_Bear View Post
    Yes I get paid by BM through this and it's amazingly cheap - not as cheap as Circle was (free) but that's another story - and is in my UK bank within 24 hours. I'm terrified to see it named here on the forum because once Google picks it up then TW are bound to find out, this thread should be in verified not out here in the open .

I wish I could give my US bank account details to other companies i.e. TTM for example but have refrained because that is literally being paid the money I earned from sex work, whereas BM is quite rightly just a payroll company. Please don't talk so openly about this company on the forum there are already so few options for us UK girls through BM.
    Can I move it into verified or does a mod have to? Think I'm not even verified... should I better delete it? Thought about the same thing actually and wasn't sure if I should ask at all...
    What's TTM?
    Hm, to be honest I still don't understand why getting paid from CB to Transferwise should be okay then because it's just payroll. Isn't that also just the money I've earned from sex work?

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Can I move it into verified or does a mod have to? Think I'm not even verified... should I better delete it? Thought about the same thing actually and wasn't sure if I should ask at all...
    What's TTM?
    Hm, to be honest I still don't understand why getting paid from CB to Transferwise should be okay then because it's just payroll. Isn't that also just the money I've earned from sex work?
    Probably just best to edit the site name

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by winnipeg View Post
    Probably just best to edit the site name
    Guess it would still appear in google...

Thanks
    Thanked 7,653 Times in 2,803 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Yes, same for me.
    So I signed up for an account and tried with niteflirt and talktome. They won't accept it unfortunately because you also need a physical US residence and US tax Id. They won't budge

Tip-activated toys for camgirls

if no one is complaining about the price, the price is too low!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to sexysusie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sexysusie View Post
    So I signed up for an account and tried with niteflirt and talktome. They won't accept it unfortunately because you also need a physical US residence and US tax Id. They won't budge
    Same, I tried with TTM as well. I can't believe we're still having these problems in 2017.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to EdithOutlier For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,112 Times in 3,654 Posts

I'm so frustrated with Streamate not having any affordable way to get my money electronically. I despise checks because my mail service loses and delays things often here for some reason. I'm always nervous whether or not my check will arrive. I can't justify paying $160 a month for four wire transfers so I don't use that option and just hold my breath till a check arrives.

I wonder if there is some way Streamate could use this to pay us.

Thanks

I'm Canadian and it's how I get paid thru Boleyn Models and it's great. The exchange rate is so much better than first choice was. I do feel paranoid about talking about using the company in the open though because they aren't sex work friendly :/

27. The Following User Says Thank You to StellaPurr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

If you are from the EU or UK you can also use clubdailypay.com
    They pay your USD earnings the next day directly into your bank in your local currency depending on where you're located. You only pay their service fee you don't have to pay any additional transfer or banking fees.
    Meanwhile in my room:

Thanks

Trying out signing up for Transferwise to check thins out, and if you sign up for a business account there's an option for adult services? Does anyone know anything more about this, considering what everyone elses experiences have been like?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by archaicgirl View Post
    Trying out signing up for Transferwise to check thins out, and if you sign up for a business account there's an option for adult services? Does anyone know anything more about this, considering what everyone elses experiences have been like?
    LMAO nevermind, they include it as an option for you to pick and then inform you that it's not allowed...cheek

Thanks

I wrote to them a few months ago to ask if it was acceptable to use them to receive payments from Niteflirt and they flat out told me that it wasn't.