Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are You Shocked That Alpha Males Are Sexually Aggressive?

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 654 Posts

Default Are You Shocked That Alpha Males Are Sexually Aggressive?

I'm certainly not saying I condone the bad acts that have brought down so many high-profile 'alpha' men, but, it shocks me that people are shocked about this bahavior. We live in a culture that celebrates high-testosterone 'alpha' men - athletes, entertainers, politicians, high-powered CEOs, etc. The same testosterone that makes them aggressive in their professional fields also makes them aggressive in personal interactions. A man who is celebrated for being a tough negotiator that does not take 'no' for an answer in business, is probably also this way in his pursuit of women. I'm NOT talking about sexual assault; I'm talking about chasing women - he could view his aggressive chase as being 'persistent' and she could view it as sexual harassment.

Do we need to do more to protect women? - What are the feminist saying about this? Woman already have the powerful legal remedy of filing sexual harassment lawsuits, and this can be quite substantial (million dollar lawsuits), but, it seems women are afraid(?) to pursue a claim.

Or maybe, it is raw ambition that prevents them from asserting their rights. Can you have it both ways; can you say - I don't want to expose these douchebags now, because, they might be my ticket to climbing high up in the world of corporate America, media, entertainment, politics, etc.,... but, just you wait,... 20 or 30 years from now, I'm going to expose everything with a vengeance and destroy them!

I think a lot of women who go work for these aggressive 'alpha' men should have known what to expect and should have prepared themselves better. Like, if I go work for a diva (pop star, celebrity, etc.) and she treats me like shit, nobody is going to sympathize with me, because, everyone know that is to be expected from a diva. I made the choice to work for a diva, so I subjected myself to her abuse. If you work for a diva, you can expect to be treated like garbage now and again, and, you need to draw the line where you will say enough-is-enough, even if it means losing your job. I'm sure that the diva-types are also sexually aggressive, like your alpha-male bosses, but, no guy is going to come forward and admit that he was sexually harassed by a diva.

What is sexual harassment in this new world? Is bringing flowers to a girl in the office grounds for termination and a destroying someone's killer? What about this hypo: Guy brings a girl in the office flowers and she agrees to go out with him on one date. They have drinks at a bar and the dude says something a little sexual, like, he mentions that he has a water bed and mirrors on the ceiling over the bed. After the date, he asks her out on a second date several times, but, she keeps making excuses that she is busy. Finally, she gets tired of him asking her out and reports him to HR for sexually harassing her. She just wants them to tell him to stop approaching her, but, they overreact and fire him'for cause', which means he is not even entitled to collect unemployment. Harsh? Or, justly deserved?

What do you think?

1) Do women need more protection in the workplace? Like what?

2) Do women need to be stronger in the workplace and stand up for themselves?

3) What is the difference between expressing a romantic/sexual interest vs. sexual harassment? Should you ever express interest in someone you work with?
    Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood.
    - Oscar Wilde

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jack0177057 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Re: Are You Shocked That Alpha Males Are Sexually Aggressive?

I've gotten sexually harassed in almost every single one of my vanilla jobs. In the one strip club I worked at, the male chef was a little overly friendly and would just waltz into the dressing room whenever he felt like it. When I told a co-worker that he can't call my legs "sexy", it makes me uncomfortable, he put the onus on me, and told me it was my fault I didn't "say something sooner." It's not my job to tell every male co-worker not to make sexual comments towards me. That should be a pretty done deal, and this was within two weeks of working with the company and knowing this guy. These guys never faced consequences for their actions. Any time I've complained, I've been told I needed to speak up sooner, and the guy got a slap on the wrist. The most that ever did anything was banning a jerk from the store in a fast food restaurant I worked at. The manager was a decent guy, wish he worked in the industry I'm in now, because I'd happily work under him again, but not for food.

There are protections, legal ramifications, and everything. It's more of a cultural thing, and the guys have figured out how to say just the smallest amount so they don't actually cross the line legally, but make women feel uncomfortable. A societal shift where this isn't the norm anymore, and guys keep the comments in their pants, would be a breath of fresh air.

Women standing up for themselves get fired. http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/29/medi...red/index.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ers/901611001/

It's only in the past couple of months, starting to change. More women are feeling emboldened to stand up for themselves. But, in the moment, being the only people in the office, your boss telling you to drop to your knees or you'll be fired before the janitor opens the office tomorrow morning, there's not much you can do. There's a reason why this is a crime. It would be great if women standing up for themselves lessened crimes, but it just doesn't a lot of the time. Assholes gonna rape.

3) What is the difference between expressing a romantic/sexual interest vs. sexual harassment? Should you ever express interest in someone you work with?

You know damn well what the fucking difference is and don't play fucking dumb. Going on about my age and ass in the car when the conversation was nowhere near sexual, and we're coworkers that have known each other for 48 hours is not Ok. Saying "I like your skirt." is totally OK.

Saying "I like your skirt." Then adding something about my ass and legs, and talking down to my skirt, instead of looking at my face, and then leering at my body as you walk away, is harassment.

I'm so fucking tired of all the assholes who are getting up in arms that now they can't compliment women anymore. NO ONE IS SAYING THAT. All women are asking for is being able to keep their jobs without getting coerced and blackmailed into sex, which is a crime.

No one is getting in trouble for expressing romantic/sexual interest in the workplace. People are getting in trouble for legitimately having sex with women without their consent. They are getting in trouble because they decided they wanted to indulge their sexual favors with women who couldn't say no, because it would have ruined their whole careers if they did.

Here's some good rules of thumb to follow if you want to express romantic/sexual interest without harassing.

NEVER ever ever ever ever, under any circumstances, ask out or flirt with a subordinate. If you wouldn't say something to a male co-worker don't say it to a subordinate. Even if you think they are doing it of their own volition, you have a power over them that can be easily taken advantage of. This is why most colleges prohibit even consensual relationships between professors and students, the line is very easy to cross.

Get to know the co-worker outside of work, in a group setting. Ask for the co-workers number in the group setting and have a good understanding of social cues and how to read body language. Alpha males should have no problem with this.

When you've gotten the number, then ask her if she would be interested in going out to coffee sometime. If she goes. "Like a date?" You can say "If you're interested."

You can also text. "I would like to make the coffee visit a date."

Then if she seems hesitant, says something about not dating co-workers or express that she's uncomfortable. Apologize if you feel you have crossed any lines, and back off and tell her that you are happy to keep the relationship professional.

You will not get reported to HR for asking out on a date, especially if you've gotten to hang out in a group setting once, where you have other eyes to verify that you were hanging out. Remember, if a woman complains of harassment outside of the workplace, and there's no proof, HR is going to fire both of you. It's not in women's interest to make harassment stories up.

99.99% of these stories right now, where you're freaking out that there's some epidemic of overly sensitive women, are women who were actually raped, assaulted,
    and harassed,
    and they're finally being believed.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ThornyAndHot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 28,444 Times in 10,424 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

IDK.

I am sure some of these hypothetical situations could be grey areas.

However there are clear cut cases of people going overboard into sexual assault/sexual harassment.

All these people have to do is think how would they want their family members treated, how they themselves would want to be treated, then act accordingly.

And your theory of

"women who go work for these aggressive 'alpha' men should have known what to expect and should have prepared themselves better"
    "I made the choice to work for a diva, so I subjected myself to her abuse"

Is incorrect....

I highly doubt that unless a person signed up to work in a BDSM dungeon did they consent to abuse.

The problem is that Employers are supposed to abide by guidelines, rules, and regulations but these "alpha" males believe they are above the law and rules do not apply to them. Many of these "alpha" men are sociopaths, narcissists, etc. incapable of feeling empathy for others. They only care about themselves and their needs above anything else.

There is also no way you can know 100% certainty that a person will/will not sexually harass you or not (unless they have prior conviction for it)

Also the scenario you describe - many workplaces have rules against relationships with co-workers/bosses/subordinates for that reason because the lines can easily become blurred. Safer and easier to find your dates outside of the workplace.

*sexual assault/harassment can happen to either gender and it's never okay

6. The Following User Says Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,493 Times in 3,669 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

I was never attracted to the alpha types. I'm the alpha up in this bitch.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Vyanka For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,975 Times in 4,035 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jack0177057 View Post
    I'm certainly not saying I condone the bad acts that have brought down so many high-profile 'alpha' men, but, it shocks me that people are shocked about this bahavior. We live in a culture that celebrates high-testosterone 'alpha' men - athletes, entertainers, politicians, high-powered CEOs, etc. The same testosterone that makes them aggressive in their professional fields also makes them aggressive in personal interactions. A man who is celebrated for being a tough negotiator that does not take 'no' for an answer in business, is probably also this way in his pursuit of women. I'm NOT talking about sexual assault; I'm talking about chasing women - he could view his aggressive chase as being 'persistent' and she could view it as sexual harassment.
    It would depend on the situation. If he is aggressively chasing an employee and she tells him he is making her uncomfortable, and he continues to do it, it would be considered sexual harassment. Also if he uses profanity or talks about disgusting things with her, as Bill O'Reilly did, it would be considered sexual harassment.

Do we need to do more to protect women? - What are the feminist saying about this? Woman already have the powerful legal remedy of filing sexual harassment lawsuits, and this can be quite substantial (million dollar lawsuits), but, it seems women are afraid(?) to pursue a claim.
    Sexual harassment can be very difficult to prove, and it can ruin a woman's career if she reports someone in an important position.

Or maybe, it is raw ambition that prevents them from asserting their rights. Can you have it both ways; can you say - I don't want to expose these douchebags now, because, they might be my ticket to climbing high up in the world of corporate America, media, entertainment, politics, etc.,... but, just you wait,... 20 or 30 years from now, I'm going to expose everything with a vengeance and destroy them!
    Again, sexual harassment can be very difficult to prove and it could ruin a woman's career. A lot of women aren't willing to take that risk. Gretchen Carlson put up with sexual harassment for years until she was fired from Fox News before pursuing legal action. She also recorded Roger Ailes sexually harassing her with her iPhone.

I read about one Congressional aide who was sexually harassed by a Congressman and settled for $150k. After that, she was never able to work in DC again. That's why so many women are reluctant to report sexual harassment.

I think a lot of women who go work for these aggressive 'alpha' men should have known what to expect and should have prepared themselves better. Like, if I go work for a diva (pop star, celebrity, etc.) and she treats me like shit, nobody is going to sympathize with me, because, everyone know that is to be expected from a diva. I made the choice to work for a diva, so I subjected myself to her abuse. If you work for a diva, you can expect to be treated like garbage now and again, and, you need to draw the line where you will say enough-is-enough, even if it means losing your job. I'm sure that the diva-types are also sexually aggressive, like your alpha-male bosses, but, no guy is going to come forward and admit that he was sexually harassed by a diva.
    Not everyone has a choice of who they can work for or where they work. This is especially true if you have a family to support. It doesn't matter if a person is an 'alpha' male or a diva, they are still required to follow the law. A 'diva' doesn't have any obligation to be respectful to fans or anonymous strangers, but if she hires someone to be an employee, she is required to follow the law in terms of how she treats her employee(s). The same applies to alpha males.

What is sexual harassment in this new world? Is bringing flowers to a girl in the office grounds for termination and a destroying someone's killer? What about this hypo: Guy brings a girl in the office flowers and she agrees to go out with him on one date. They have drinks at a bar and the dude says something a little sexual, like, he mentions that he has a water bed and mirrors on the ceiling over the bed. After the date, he asks her out on a second date several times, but, she keeps making excuses that she is busy. Finally, she gets tired of him asking her out and reports him to HR for sexually harassing her. She just wants them to tell him to stop approaching her, but, they overreact and fire him'for cause', which means he is not even entitled to collect unemployment. Harsh? Or, justly deserved?

What do you think?
    I'm not a legal expert, but it could depend on the firm's policies. If their HR handbook specifically prohibits that kind of behavior, it would be considered appropriate. At one place I worked, they required employees to go to a seminar on sexually harassment, and they made it very clear what type of behaviors were not acceptable. I've also worked for consulting firms, and I was given forms explaining what type of behavior was acceptable at client sites, and I had to read and sign the form. In general, I don't actively pursue relationships with female co-workers because of all of the problems it could cause. Even if it doesn't have a negative impact on my employment, if the relationship doesn't work out, it could make work very unpleasant.

Firms should make it clear to all employees what is and isn't acceptable behavior, and they should require employees to meet those standards.

It should be up to the employer to make sure employees have a safe work environment, and employees are treated with respect.

If you are interested in someone you work with and would like to go out with her (or him), you should try to get to know her well before becoming involved in any type of relationship outside of work. Maybe have lunch with her at the cafeteria or have a drink with her at happy hour on occasions. Also know your employer's policies regarding sexual harassment, and if you're not sure, ask HR. Some employers may have rules against managers dating subordinates. I think I remember reading about a manager at Walmart getting fired for dating someone who reported to him.
    Last edited by eagle2; 12-17-2017 at 01:22 AM.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

What do you think?

It's real simple, women want to show up to work and be left alone to work and they want to be promoted based on their actual work performance.

I think the vast majority of men just don't understand how frustrating it is when people constantly come up to you and are propositioning you for sex/attention (especially at work) and all you want is to be left alone.

All the men in the news including Bill Cosby, to me, they are all sexual predators of various degrees who have been outed. They could have paid escorts or went to a strip club to feel and touch a beautiful woman, but no, they decided to violate ANY woman who came in their vicinity simply because they wanted to and because they knew they could get away with it because of their money and power.

It doesn't matter how rich and powerful a man gets he should always carry himself like a gentleman unless they consent to something different.

Lastly, I think men can really just be dumb. I have known so many male friends who bang or try to bang girls they work with. Some even got girls pregant while the wife at home doesn't even know. Why???! Got a good friend right now making over 100k at his job is banging girls under him and thinks nothing of it.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Luckyguy09 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 466 Posts

Sexual predator does NOT EQUAL alpha male

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wish For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 984 Posts

One of the more enlightening things about these stories finally coming out is the reaction some guys are having to them.
    Sarchasm (n): The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Raziel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Quote Originally Posted by wish View Post
    Sexual predator does NOT EQUAL alpha male
    I think that's why OP referred to "alpha" men in quotes.

A predator is, in my opinion, neither alpha nor beta but whatever is equivalent to letter z in greek alphabet. (or P for predator or I for inhumane)

You have the Predators who most likely either want to be alpha males and/or will display "alpha" male traits such as seizing opportunity/going after what they want, being extraverted/outgoing, being charismatic, good at influencing/persuasion, etc - The difference is that predators will be ACTING like alpha males plus they will only have their needs/interests in mind they could give two fucks about anyone aside from themselves and maybe (keyword *maybe*) their immediate family members.

Then you have the introvert "beta" predators who fly under the radar, lacking in social skills, not good at finessing women, least likely to be suspected as being predatory.
    Last edited by miss.a.p1600; 12-18-2017 at 10:31 AM.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 654 Posts

@ ThornyAndHot

Thank you for your comments and insights. I am very sorry for your bad experiences.

Just to clarify - I am not concerned about an "epidemic of overly sensitive women". I think men needed this wake-up call.

What I am saying is, if you go work for a rich and powerful douchebag, don't be surprised if he turns out to be a douchebag. If I go work for a famous, but mean/bitchy, diva, I shouldn't be surprised when she yells and screams at me because her coffee is not the right temperature. Most of the men that we are 'shocked' about with the headlines - are precisely these types of people: the rich, powerful, 'alpha', celebrity types that are used to getting everything they want and getting away with everything they do wrong. I'm willing to bet that every straight actor in Hollywood, famous singer/pop star, politician, etc., has been guilty of sexual harassment. The world is handed to them in a silver tray and they treat all the 'little' people around (men and women) like they were put on this Earth to serve them. Expect these types of people may start behaving for a little bit, and then, revert back to their old ways. Don't expect the Trumps of this world to become decent respectful folks long-term. No law is going to magically transform the douchebags of this world into nice decent human beings. A snake is a snake. A weasel is a weasel.

It is interesting that no guy has gone public with a report of being sexually harassed by a high-powered female boss. You know that also goes on, but, society would treat with derision any man that goes public complaining about a female boss he had to go down on to get a promotion.

With regards to a regular work environment, the best policy is to avoid any type of romantic/sexual relationship AT ALL. Even when the relationship is between equals and 100% consensual, they have the potential to bring a lot of drama into the work environment. Yet, eradicating romance/sex in the workforce appears to be a difficult thing. I know a lot of people who have dated and married someone from work, including colleagues, subordinates, superiors, etc.. Some people work so much and have virtually no social life, so the people at work are their only pool of potential love interests (specially, if you work for a big company). I spend 9 hours a day with my secretary, and I have ALWAYS been very professional, but, I've had a couple of them that were very flirtatious with me WITHOUT ANY ENCOURAGEMENT on my part.
    Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood.
    - Oscar Wilde

Thanks
    Thanked 23,970 Times in 4,046 Posts

Men need to learn proper etiquette.
    Being an alpha means you are strong & willing to protect all others who are not. Predators look for weakness & power over all others to take advantage, rip off, cross boundaries, rape & financial extortion. It is sexual & financial extortion when you do NOT give women a choice of their job or sex with you.

There are way to many beta males pretending to be Alphas, all the men in offices, clubs, the streets know what is going on but don't say or do anything to stop it. Bro-code is rape code.

The fantasy sold to women through out history that a man will come along & rescue us is a lie.

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sam38g For This Useful Post:

Thanks

@ ThornyAndHot

Thank you for your comments and insights. I am very sorry for your bad experiences.

Just to clarify - I am not concerned about an "epidemic of overly sensitive women". I think men needed this wake-up call.

What I am saying is, if you go work for a rich and powerful douchebag, don't be surprised if he turns out to be a douchebag. If I go work for a famous, but mean/bitchy, diva, I shouldn't be surprised when she yells and screams at me because her coffee is not the right temperature. Most of the men that we are 'shocked' about with the headlines - are precisely these types of people: the rich, powerful, 'alpha', celebrity types that are used to getting everything they want and getting away with everything they do wrong. I'm willing to bet that every straight actor in Hollywood, famous singer/pop star, politician, etc., has been guilty of sexual harassment. The world is handed to them in a silver tray and they treat all the 'little' people around (men and women) like they were put on this Earth to serve them. Expect these types of people may start behaving for a little bit, and then, revert back to their old ways. Don't expect the Trumps of this world to become decent respectful folks long-term. No law is going to magically transform the douchebags of this world into nice decent human beings. A snake is a snake. A weasel is a weasel.

It is interesting that no guy has gone public with a report of being sexually harassed by a high-powered female boss. You know that also goes on, but, society would treat with derision any man that goes public complaining about a female boss he had to go down on to get a promotion.

With regards to a regular work environment, the best policy is to avoid any type of romantic/sexual relationship AT ALL. Even when the relationship is between equals and 100% consensual, they have the potential to bring a lot of drama into the work environment. Yet, eradicating romance/sex in the workforce appears to be a difficult thing. I know a lot of people who have dated and married someone from work, including colleagues, subordinates, superiors, etc.. Some people work so much and have virtually no social life, so the people at work are their only pool of potential love interests (specially, if you work for a big company). I spend 9 hours a day with my secretary, and I have ALWAYS been very professional, but, I've had a couple of them that were very flirtatious with me WITHOUT ANY ENCOURAGEMENT on my part.
    How many female bosses are there? Isn't that the problem with the good old boys club? You do NOT let women rise to those positions UNLESS they cover & destroy those who call out the predators in a company?

Unlike men we do NOT see EVERY single male or female as a potential sex partner.

ONCE AGAIN A MAN USING HIS MALE PRIVILEGE TELLING WOMEN HOW TO BEHAVE.
    You wax on about a hypothetical situation instead of the FACTS & HORRIBLE treatment of women in all work places. You avoid how so many women's careers, incomes & financial well being were destroyed because some men wanted to fuck them. How vengeful these men who were told yes & no went to destroy these women's reputations, kill their careers & dreams.

Those women may NOT be flirting with you but merely just being nice, but your male privilege is lying to you & telling you they want more.

YOUR post is all about how women are in the wrong & how we should change.

NO Men need to be held responsible for their bad acts, crimes & horrible treatment of women.
    Go lecture MEN how to behave at work.

Coming here to a site mainly with women & sex workers to push your evil agenda is quite clear.

MEN are the ones who need to be lectured on how to behave in society & on the job.

It is men who need a lecture & classes on proper etiquette & how to respect boundaries.

It is MEN who need to learn how to handle rejection.

OVER MEN making all their evil actions the fault of women. Grow up & take responsibility for yourself.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sam38g For This Useful Post:

Thanks

[QUOTE=jack0177057;3035222]@ ThornyAndHot

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Is that on the job application?
    So when you apply for a job does it warn all women who that guy really is............ cause most of these guys pretended to be "mentors' to the new young gals just out of college & such.

How do we know the difference between job opportunity or rape, sexual financial extortion?

You want to make WOMEN responsible for men being predators. Which makes you a PREDATOR!!!!!!!!!! that is what predators do, make it the woman's fault.

So you work with a female secretary 9 hours a day & have not tried to fuck her.............. What you want a cookie? You want praise for not holding her paycheck over her head to get laid. No, it is how normal people are supposed to behave. I feel bad for her having to listen to these sexist rants you go on at work. Demanding she worship you for not demanding blow jobs from her. You sound like a tyrant to work for she deserves a $1000 Christmas bonus.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Agreed - certain types of people don't like to hear no, don't take no for an answer

Thats still kind of circumventing the blame back where it should be ---- on the predator who violates people without regard for others.

There is a difference between a difficult domineering type boss and a manipulative sex abuser type boss. Of course people gossip so if you work in hollywood for example you will most likely have heard who is a hardass to work for. A person can be a douchbag/diva without being a sexual predator.

Now for sexual assault/harassment --- many people who experience sex abuse from their bosses have been silenced or don't report it so there is no way to know your boss will be a predator before you work for him/her unless they have been PROVEN to be abusive sexually.

Now me personally, If someone gossiped to me about a boss being a sexual predator, I would take it serious even if I did not have proof, I would not instantly believe it because it could be false allegation but I would not put myself in any 1-on-1 situations either in the case it is true but just not proven in court.

The only person I don't think should be surprised is Harvey Weinstein even Courtney love was on film several years ago speaking out warning people not to work with him.

And I don't think anyone is "surprised" these people are accused of this behavior but more so In my opinion surprised more people facing fear/backlash/etc and speaking up against shitty behavior and surprised it takes a group of women to be subjected to predatory behavior before any action takes place to stop said behavior

Agreed! To me workplace romance is always going to be a slippery slope. You just never know a person well enough to know are they crazy af, disordered in their thinking, will they try to get revenge on you and end your career if you turn them down, if it is consensual will they gossip about your relationship at the watercooler, etc
    Last edited by miss.a.p1600; 12-18-2017 at 12:55 PM.

Thanks

As an alpha female I find your post insulting. Using terms like Feminist & how you are not concerned with an epidemic of overly sensitive womens........ is the denial that women deserve equality & negatively describing whistle blowers so that they will not be believed.

The rage coming off in your post & telling women how it is their fault, how you are a good guy PROVES how overly defensive & emotionally sensitive you are being. You came here to post & lecture us, women who do not work in offices looking to bully us into agreeing with you. You are not going to any woman in a position higher than your at a company to help guide you through all of this.

Here is a solution, go seek professional help for your rage against women. Go seek professional help for you need of praise for NOT trying to fuck every woman you come across in work place situations.

OUT of your own pocket & without emotionally vomiting all over your secretary & all other females in the office give a BIG CASH CHRISTMAS bonus in a nice card. Do not extort them for praise of NOT being a Predator at work. These emotional raging lectures are MAKING your office a hostile work environment. You are being very toxic to all the women in your life.

YOU are NOT a safe person for them to come to & talk about if another male in the office is being a predator. Which means you are NOT an Alpha male, you are a bully. Stop asking for confirmations on your male privilege & try LISTENING instead of blaming women for MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are already very aware of the problem we have lived it since the beginning of human existence.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Sam38g For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks

@ ThornyAndHot

Jack,

Please read this carefully, as I have said this once before. Many people do not have a choice of whom they work for. For some people, the only job they are able to find might be working for a rich and powerful douchebag It does not matter who you work for, what their profession is, or how famous and successful they. They are required to follow the law in regards to how they treat their employees. Saying that an employee chose to go to work for a rich and powerful douchebag is NOT a valid defense for someone who sexually harasses or mistreats their employees. If a rich and powerful douchebag chooses not to follow the law regarding how he treats his employees, he is subject to civil suits and possibly criminal charges, depending on how far he goes. Please stop blaming the victim. EVERY person is entitled to be treated respectfully by their employer, regardless of what type of person he is in public. NOBODY IS ABOVE THE LAW.

There have been cases of men accusing a high-powered female boss of sexual harassment.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...xual-harassmen
    Last edited by eagle2; 12-18-2017 at 01:28 PM.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks

No law is going to magically transform the douchebags of this world into nice decent human beings. A snake is a snake. A weasel is a weasel.
    I would bet that some time in prison would transform douchebags into nice decent human beings.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Wonderful post Eagle, but facts prove out many are above the law. Who has gone to jail? Besides Wiener so far? Many of these men will allegations voluntarily stepped down from their own companies & are taking some time off for self-reflection. They are all still RICH, they still own those companies.

O'Reilly got a HUGE Balloon multi-million dollar retirement bonus. Matt Lauer is suing for his $30 million retirement balloon payment.

Very few of the women making those allegations got any kind of financial settlements. All of there careers harmed. Those who did get financial settlements are still out of work. No one will hire them. So even if you do win a sexual harassment case, you are no longer employable.

These men did NOT just do it to one person, they did it to many. Some of them to hundreds of women. Clearly this is the reason why women are not in more management positions & don't have equal pay.

Now, I do not think for one minute the OP of this thread will actually have empathy & change how he thinks or behaves. This thread is to put him on notice that male privilege & all their typical talking points are all bullshit. I see it as educational for all the women who read it to learn just how they marginalize women in the work place with this kind of bullshit. So they can know what they are experiencing is WRONG & not to marginalized with statements like overly sensitive & such.

The male privilege propaganda machine is failing them in all places.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sam38g For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2 View Post
    I would bet that some time in prison would transform douchebags into nice decent human beings.
    NO, it won't.
    Big financial settlements out of their own pockets & out of the companies will. I hope all those women do many class action lawsuits for the money lost from their careers being derailed. I hope each of them get every dollar these men have until the men are broke. NONE of these men cared if the victims couldn't afford the rent or food. The had zero empathy or mercy on their victims & for years afterwards actively tried to destroy them in many ways.

Their money gave them power, take all that money away & give it to the victims. Everyone of the lawyers, HR departments, all the upper management & companies should be also had financially responsible & pay the victims big settlements.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sam38g For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sam38g View Post
    Wonderful post Eagle, but facts prove out many are above the law. Who has gone to jail? Besides Wiener so far? Many of these men will allegations voluntarily stepped down from their own companies & are taking some time off for self-reflection. They are all still RICH, they still own those companies.
    That's my point. If we would start putting some of these people in jail, you would probably see some big changes in their behavior. Unfortunately, some big corporations will pay off their victims and let some of their prominent employees get away with their inappropriate behavior.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

^Agreed. You take their money away - well they can go back and earn some more.

Toss their ass in real prison (not that club fed fru-fru prison) I mean real prison......do them like the rest of americans who commit crimes.....take away their freedom/ability to have control......Oh I bet you'll see a change real fast

Those tricks need to meet their match! If all rapists were punished using retributive justice less crimes of this nature would occur

39. The Following User Says Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2 View Post
    That's my point. If we would start putting some of these people in jail, you would probably see some big changes in their behavior. Unfortunately, some big corporations will pay off their victims and let some of their prominent employees get away with their inappropriate behavior.
    Rape is one of the hardest crimes to prove in court.
    ONLY 1 out of 1000 rapist will ever see jail time.

Many of these men can afford expensive lawyers while the victims don't have a job & can barely afford the bills. ALL of these men have used the court system & lawyers with suing the women slander. So to suggest we use the very system men have used for decades to protect themselves is more male privilege bullshit to help cover up these crimes.

Women do NOT have equal protections under the law. Women can go file a report but it is up to the police to investigate & a DA to press ahead with the case. Now, considering how many of those officers who took the report repeatedly treat women like suspects & interrogated them, threatened them with charges of filing a false allegation................. the whole system is rigged against us.

You suggest a path where BRO-CODE rules. More lies to help keep women under control by men.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by miss.a.p1600 View Post
    ^Agreed. You take their money away - well they can go back and earn some more.

Toss their ass in real prison (not that club fed fru-fru prison) I mean real prison......do them like the rest of americans who commit crimes.....take away their freedom/ability to have control......Oh I bet you'll see a change real fast

Those tricks need to meet their match! If all rapists were punished using retributive justice less crimes of this nature would occur

The women harassed & raped are financially punished & affects them for a life time. Those men can not simply go back & earn more when their reputations & businesses are gone & all the money is paid out to victims.

I hate the path suggested does keeps women from money. Putting these predators in jail does & NOT financially making these women whole is just another way of telling women how we should sacrifice for men who did so many wrong.

Money is power, taking away their money is a punishment that will just infuriate them. It is justice, when many of them got raises & moved up the company latters for decades. It shows men who build businesses & used it to provide them with new victims constantly that there is a price to pay. Let them wonder how to pay rent, if they can afford a movie, groceries next week.

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sam38g For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

^There is an obvious problem with the current criminal justice system - however many of these people creating the laws and enforcing the laws have to be voted in to their positions. More reasons why it is important to know who you vote for and their positions. It also says something when certain types of women/men are voting these people into positions of power that have no business being there.

Any why not do both - make them pay fines AND serve time in jail/prison. Either way they should be held accountable. This goes back to the earlier posts mentioned where these characters think they are above the law. Well if no one holds them accountable - then technically they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam38g View Post
    Those men can not simply go back & earn more when their reputations & businesses are gone & all the money is paid out to victims.
    I agree predators/criminals need to suffer and experience consequences for their actions. however......

Business savvy millionaires know how to recreate their wealth if it's taken or lost. When you sue these predator CEO's you may be taking money from their business (which they can just claim bankrupcy and close the shit or transfer money out to the caymans) but they themselves will still be eating/sleeping good. Even T-rump bankrupted 3 times and bounced right back 10 fold. His reputation ---- this trick said he could go out an shoot someone in broad daylight and STILL have loyal fans. And it turns out - his ass is unfortunately right. Men's reputations aren't sullied as easily as womens
    Last edited by miss.a.p1600; 12-18-2017 at 02:13 PM.

44. The Following User Says Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks

Actually his father and family bailed him out a few times. That's the only thing that prevented him from losing everything.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast