Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much does your club take from you?

Thanks

Travel How much does your club take from you?

So I work as a dancer in Ireland the clubs over here take 60% so we basically only get 40% of what we make for example our cheapest dance is 50 euro we only make 20 out of it 5 min song is 100 but we only make 40 out of that then hour vip which is 600 euro we only make 240 out of it! I made 900 euro last night but guess how much I ended up with after the club took their 60%? 360 euro!! Its actually really annoying every strip club over here has the 60% rule but when I look at dancers from uk or USA they keep what they earn and only pay like 50 or 100 house fee which is so much better! I was wondering how much your club takes off you and what do you do when its a slow night and make no money? Im considering going to USA or Australia because you can earn 10 times the amount Im earning in Ireland and Id be set up for life its luke robbery 50 50 at least or even 30 but 60% is a lot to take off us

Thanks
    Thanked 4,224 Times in 1,178 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Default Re: How much does your club take from you?

I've worked several clubs where all you pay is a house fee and they either take nothing from sales or a token amount from the vip room (but not regular dances)

Also in western Canada it's normal to have a 60-40 split on dances (dancer keeps 60%) but stage dancers are paid by the club and usually make good tips so it tends to even out.

On nights you don't make house either you just always make sure to bring the fee with you or you owe the club, sometimes with an extra fee tacked on for owing. It's fairly rare though, generally if a club has fees that consistently leave dancers in the hole they won't get dancers.

Veteran Member
    Thanks

60/40 is the typical split in LA in the dancer's favor. I'd say it's about average.

A lot of places outside of CA allow you to keep all your tips after you pay house fee and tip out the staff.

It varies by region, and grass is always greener.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ZeroSugarMonster For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,322 Times in 779 Posts
    My Mood
    Lonely
    Blog Entries

More than they deserve
    Last edited by Ifyouseekamy; 01-06-2018 at 03:01 AM.

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Ifyouseekamy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouseekamy View Post
    More than they deserve
    Sooooo true! Girl thats bullshit if they take 60%! that more than half for YOUR hard work! In Chicago in the US, its not much better though. Usually you have to dish out about 40%-50% of your earnings

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LexusBella For This Useful Post:

Thanks

At my club we don’t have any house fees as long as we are on roll call before we open (7 pm)
    BUT they take $8 from every $20 dance and a 40% cut from rooms *eye roll* Like I’d rather keep all my money and pay to the house than get every single thing I sale plummeted through

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

At my old club all we had to pay was house $50 weekdays and $100 on weekends. If we did really good we then tipped bouncers and the dj we didn't have a house mom. They also took money from dances and VIP. Chicago is the home of high house fees

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,418 Times in 518 Posts

15-20% on private rooms. 5% on the floor is they pay by credit, nothing if they pay cash.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,122 Times in 781 Posts
    My Mood
    Mellow

My current main club doesn't have a champagne room VIP, just lap dances. They don't take anything out of lap dances.

House fee can be as low as $35 all the way up to $100+ depending on what time you got there, weekday/night or weekend, or if there's a local sports game. The highest I think I've ever paid in house fee there is like $115, but that was during either a baseball or football game so I made good money.

Then we have to tip the DJ and the house mom. Idk if there's even a fixed rate, I give the house moms about $10-15, more if I used their products or ate their food or if it was a really good night. I usually give the DJ anywhere from $15-40 depending on how good the night was.

The thing is, I never count my money until I've left the club. I usually wait till I get home or count it in the car. So sometimes I realize I made much more than I thought and think, "maybe I should've given the DJ and house mom a little more" but oops.

All things considered, the tip-out at my club seems very fair to me. Most clubs in Michigan aren't crazy with tip out, except a couple. It's not like Chicago tip-outs which are crazy high but the money potential is really high, too. Like, here in Detroit, there have been game days where I've ended up tipping out like $150 in total, but it wasn't even that much considering the earning potential.
    "Rather have my feet hurting than my pockets."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nina_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,154 Times in 425 Posts

I work in Scotland. I pay a house fee and that's it. It's 60 which I think is a lot for the club, but apparently the other clubs in the area charge even more. From what I've heard house fees in Scotland seem to be more expensive than what I was used to in the US, but I worked at fairly low-fee places.

hot flirting tips 2k13: tell him, Im not like other girls, then pull down the secret zipper at the back of your neck to reveal your true reptilian form

Thanks
    Thanked 16,810 Times in 5,974 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

Anything more than them taking 40% and you are just being financially dominated/pimped by some conman

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

House fee and a small charge to customers to go VIP.

Thanks

Years ago in Dublin there were two clubs that took "only" 50% of what dancers make, Templebar Emporium and Carlyle townhouse club, but it's possible they changed that percentage now and started taking 60% like the rest of them. When I was there some clubs would even take 30 fee on top of the 60%, as if taking more than half wasn't enough.
    "I've been in more laps than a napkin."

- Mae West

Thanks

Oh... Interesting. Definitely following. Thanks for posting this inquiry.
    Well-behaved women seldom make history. ~ L.T. Ulrich

Thanks
    Thanked 11,458 Times in 3,164 Posts

Depends how I make the money... Going off a $400 night:

If I did solely floor dances & stage, it works out to 19% of my gross.
    If I did mostly rooms, it works out to 31% of my gross.

I think they do take too large a cut from the rooms given how high the house fees & expected DJ tipout are. They take 14-18% of the room fee paid by the customer (and that's without the 15% fee if he pays with a card!) and our house fees range from $35-$60 for night shift.

It wouldn't be NEARLY such a high total percent I lose if they did away with the expected DJ tipout. It's the only club in my state that the DJs expect 10%. I never give them more than $40 or $50 even if I make $1000, but still that's a HUGE chunk of money gone.
    "People jack off with the left hand and point with the right."
    - Lux ATL

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

Quote Originally Posted by crystalize View Post
    Ok so i gotta turn up the moronic drunk slut

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Selina M For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot

While Selinas DJ tip outs are big, I always tip the DJ's and will spend a lil free time with them . This will usually get me a better announcement and with more enthusiasm while playing my mixes. Bouncer tip outs are as needed for Lap dances IMHO...
    House tip outs suck but can be $60- $110 . I have been known to even tip out a door guy if the club has my pic there and he does some casual referrals.This is well worth the money, and customers coming in seem to like to see me walk over and put my hands on the door guy, and walk off, then they ask about me....
    Without a super pretty look and no boobs, I have been known to get creative.

Seattle, traveling to Vegas, Dallas, Nola, Charlotte, Tampa
    Thanks

$180 every day in Seattle, plus tip out, plus they take 30% on rooms, doesn’t matter what time you get there etc.

I have travel danced all over the US, I know of only one place that’s a higher fee than here.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pinksugardoll For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I work at a small no contact club in the Bible belt. Well known as it's been there forever but no VIP rooms...only couches near the stage and it's a SMALL place. Anyway, $10 dances they take $2. $20 dances they take $4. On couch dances which are $40 they take $10. Fee Sunday-Wednesday is $15 and Thursday-Saturday it's $30. The DJ wants 10%. We don't get along so he gets $10-$15 so 5% or less but he should play some of my songs. I'm there for 8 hours. Anyway, Bartender and waitresses get $2-$5. There is one bartender and one waitress other than Friday and Saturday there are two waitresses. You also tip the door girl $3. It's not required to tip anyone but $20-$30 total in tip out and everyone stays happy.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Aspen.Holiday For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I dance in Dallas. The clubs that I have worked at range from $20 to $70 on a weekday depending on the time and on weekends range from $35 to $100. I have had to work mandatory slow days or we are charge and extra fee to work Fridays and Saturdays. I have experienced $35 to $70 for no working slow days. I've had mandatory tip-outs to the house mom and DJ for $10 minimum. No champagne room but our VIPs are $35 and we give the bouncer on duty $5.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to NikkiToTheStage For This Useful Post:

Thanks

$20 to the DJ
    $10 to the mom
    $35 to the house *only* if you dances
    $50 house fee if you are freelance and not on schedule
    $12 for valet if you use it
    *Optional tips for the restroom lady and VIP hosts

Thanks

Oh are you from Dublin hun? Loads of dancers joined my club from emporium saying they were not paying them and apparently only got paid every 3 weeks do you know what Barclays and angels are like? The fee on top of 60 is a joke

Thanks

No money taken from dances, $25 per half hour taken from champagne rooms. We have a “suggested” 20% tip out divided amongst the staff which is usually just the dj, bartender and on the weekends a doorman. I tip varied amounts based on who helped me and who didn’t do shit. Usually a minimum $10 each. We have it good.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Legz541 For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,322 Times in 779 Posts
    My Mood
    Lonely
    Blog Entries

^i only tip out 10% but they take 40 % of our dances too. I have to pay taxes, plastic surgery, and costumes. I feel like after the “take home” 10% is plenty to be divided among everyone. I get a little frustrated by the amount of entitlement sometimes some people can have about being tipped out- as if they have done the work. If the club with tip out is taking 50% altogether and the staff gets an hour wage then that’s plenty fair. I always tip the bouncers great, bet what happens when a guy tries to put his hands in the cookie jar? We have to deal with the consequences of the job more so than anyone else. No one is entitled to our money unless they are putting in some serious elbow grease.
    Last edited by Ifyouseekamy; 02-13-2018 at 06:01 AM.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ifyouseekamy For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,600 Times in 1,168 Posts

My club doesn't take anything other than basic house fees and tips and what they charge for the rooms. What we charge customers is all ours luckily. Back in California though it was a lot different I don't remember the percentage but I could never go back to that lol

36. The Following User Says Thank You to 22lligm For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KandiKanes View Post
    Oh are you from Dublin hun? Loads of dancers joined my club from emporium saying they were not paying them and apparently only got paid every 3 weeks do you know what Barclays and angels are like? The fee on top of 60 is a joke
    No but I danced in Dublin for a while and it was alright but like you say the cut is mad. Oh yeah Emporium is problematic, sad to hear it's still happening like that. I'll send you a pm.
    "I've been in more laps than a napkin."

- Mae West

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast