Thread: Facial features deflating!!! HELP

Thanks

Mind Blowing Facial features deflating!!! HELP

OMG you guys I am only 35, wtf??

My cheeks have become so flat and deflated. I look gaunt. I have been working out a ton at my pole classes so though I haven't "lost weight" I have definitey been changing fat to muscle.

I thought maybe I lost too much fat so I have been eating like a little piggy and managed to gain 3 lbs but my cheeks still look deflated. I feel like it makes me look OLD and frail. I am much too young for this!!! I'm not ready!!!

I don't smoke ever. I drink very moderately, maybe a glass of wine at dinner a few days a week. I have always been quite slender and have a hard time keeping a healthy weight, and already have a bit of a narrow face with those white girl small cheekbones... but at least I had cheeks!

Fuck. I never considered facial injections, fillers, or plastic surgery but now I am.

I am going to keep trying to eat more but honestly it seems to be all landing in my waist and abdomen.

Thoughts? Ideas? Supplements? Isn't 35 too young for this, or is this when it all goes to shit??

Thank you!!

Thanks
    Thanked 8,038 Times in 3,166 Posts

Default Re: Facial features deflating!!! HELP

Are you getting sick? I had a major bout with (hereditary) illness in my mid twenties- my muscle wasted away rapidly & I put on a lot of bloat weight. I looked visibly .....sick. If I had quit eating I would have looked gaunt.

Beef up your diet & lay off the cardio? You might be better off getting a checkup. Peace of mind.
    "They're a bit strange in Los Angeles" Duckie, "NCIS"I've walked in L.A.. It was to my car, so I could drive in L.A..

Thanks
    Thanked 14,876 Times in 5,374 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

Get pregnant and eat more (steak and potatoes) lol

just kidding .......

well on the pregnancy bit

Maybe take some collagen pills, stay hydrated, get facial massages, hyaluronic acid, etc.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SnuffleUffleGrass View Post
    Are you getting sick? I had a major bout with (hereditary) illness in my mid twenties- my muscle wasted away rapidly & I put on a lot of bloat weight. I looked visibly .....sick. If I had quit eating I would have looked gaunt.

Beef up your diet & lay off the cardio? You might be better off getting a checkup. Peace of mind.
    Hi! Nope not getting sick, super healthy and strong lately. Been taking two 2-hour pole classes per week and it's kicking my ass in a good way... except the losing my curves thing!!

I probably do need to improve my hydration a bit and I like the collagen and hyaluronic acid pills idea. Facial massages I am feeling too broke for at the moment but I suppose I could rub my own face

I am eating so much it's almost making me sick, and I still haven't put on any weight. I thought I had but it was PMS bloating, it's gone now. It must be connective tissue in my face. I'm getting oooooold

Featured Member We had a rabbit like you's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,814 Times in 827 Posts
    My Mood
    Daring

I also have a gaunt face naturally, super skinny, And lately it’s been getting worse after a bad yo-yo weight gain and loss thanks to these shitty meds I was on.

Stay at a healthy weight, don’t try and gain a bunch thinking it’ll primarily go to your face cause that’s usually the last place to gain/first place to lose. It’ll show in your body before your face probably. I mean don’t get TOO skinny either tho.

Sorry to say fillers are the answer ..maybe fat transfer.
    I've done business with men who think I'm as silly as I look; by the time they figure out I'm not, I've done got the money and gone -Dolly Parton

a motherfukin hustler kamikaze//I used to bus tables but now I sell my body

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to We had a rabbit like you For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,837 Times in 1,066 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Also google makeup tricks to make your face look fuller. Basically backwards of the usual sharpening your features via contouring.

Facial massages are a great idea, also work on geneally reducing your stress levels, you may be pulling your face tighter as a response and not realizing it.

Keep your skin well moisturized and make sure you're consuming good healthy fats. Not witj the intent to gain fat but to make sure your skin is getting what it needs.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuperJa For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,241 Times in 452 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Blog Entries

I don’t like to give advice usually, but I think you would love sculptra. Stay away from bellafill or at least learn the risks before using it. Sculptra does have risks, but I’ve been using it since I was 27 and it’s amazing. Instead of just being a filler it actually makes your face produce it’s own collagen.

That’s the only thing that truly works, as far as I know.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ifyouseekamy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 609 Posts
    My Mood
    Cool

Ive had deflated cheeks since I was 27/28 which unless you have amazing cheek genes is usually when you begin to lose facial fat. Get filler to replace some of the loss. Do not overfill just replace. Realself is a good site for filler reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetJulia View Post
    everyone I've fucked who was awful in bed should be forced to have sex with each other so they can all, collectively, figure out why I never called them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Sunset View Post
    Nothing makes me feel like less of an adult than walking into several other people's apartments and realizing we all own the exact same lamp from K-mart.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam38g View Post
    The fantasy sold to women through out history that a man will come along & rescue us is a lie.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LaurenAus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouseekamy View Post
    I don’t like to give advice usually, but I think you would love sculptra. Stay away from bellafill or at least learn the risks before using it. Sculptra does have risks, but I’ve been using it since I was 27 and it’s amazing. Instead of just being a filler it actually makes your face produce it’s own collagen.

That’s the only thing that truly works, as far as I know.
    What's the price range? I heard it lasts 2 years, or at least twice as long as juvaderm. I'm really interested in investing in some, I think it would make a huge difference but I wasn't impressed with juvaderm
    I've done business with men who think I'm as silly as I look; by the time they figure out I'm not, I've done got the money and gone -Dolly Parton

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to We had a rabbit like you For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks all!! Definitely been reseasrching Sculptra; that or fat transfer seems ideal if I am gonna go that route. I always thought i was too much of a hippie to go for injections etc but I guess you never really know until it starts happening to YOU and you start feeling like a wilting flower hahaha. Oh man... I will keep up with eating healthy fats but I'm just gonna embrace my slender frame and start looking at awesome Portland plastic surgeons. Blaaaa aging sucks.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Adrienne7 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 21,785 Times in 3,692 Posts

Fillers, laser light therapies help. Eat more fat in your diet.
    http://www.youtube.com/Samantha38GG Video blogs on Camming industry & how to succeed at camming.

Personality is the glitter that sends your little gleam across the footlights and the orchestra pit into that big black space where the audience is. Mae West

Thanks

Drink more water. Water hydrates the body and plumps us up. Also, perhaps add a little more sodium to your diet, healthy sodium, like Himalayan pink sea salt, and this will also help your body to hold good healthy water and minerals, making your skin look fantastic with those extra nutrients. Your skin, your hair, and your nails will all benefit from the minerals in the Himalayan salt. Be careful on eating more as you had mentioned that it goes to your abdomen, which is what begins to happen as we start to get a little bit older and our hormones begin to change. As the changes begin, that is exactly where the fat begins to go, right to that abdomen, where generally we do not want it. Notice how postmenopausal women tend to be thicker in the abdomen. Our body composition begins to change as we begin to age.
    “Well-behaved women seldom make history.” ~ L.T. Ulrich

20. The Following User Says Thank You to BondGirl007 For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 645 Posts

ooh that's a tough one. cheek fillers can be scary and look very obviously fake, especially since you say you don't really have any cheeks to cover the filler. I had Voluma done a few years ago, the doctor basically talked me into it. Cost me $2000 and I can't say that I even really saw a change.. I would say do very good research on the doctor if you get it done, cause obvious fillers are the worst and make you look even older.

Thanks

How about favorite products that boost collagen? Any moisturizers or creams that actually noticeably increase and improve collagen production? Supplements or face products?

In the meantime I guess I could start wearing makeup again. Ugh I don't have energy for that...

Thanks

I had Juvederm Ultra Plus injected into my cheeks..half a syringe in each cheek. It was $725 and the results are phenomenal. The place I go to now is AMAZING and I happily pay their prices. The first place I went botched my lips which was traumatic. Do a lot of research BEYOND POSITIVE YELP REVIEWS. I can't stress that enough DON'T TRUST YELP. I am 19 so I wanted to add more fullness to my natural facial fat distribution so you would probably need more than half a syringe in each cheek. Either way, good luck

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lll99 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,038 Times in 3,166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adrienne7 View Post
    How about favorite products that boost collagen? Any moisturizers or creams that actually noticeably increase and improve collagen production? Supplements or face products?

In the meantime I guess I could start wearing makeup again. Ugh I don't have energy for that...
    Everyone gets pissed at me for advising this but eating a lot of meat helps.
    "They're a bit strange in Los Angeles" Duckie, "NCIS"I've walked in L.A.. It was to my car, so I could drive in L.A..

26. The Following User Says Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Are you performing pole tricks at work as well as in classes? If so, you may want to mix up your workouts. From 2011 to 2015, I was in pole classes, rehearsing for pole shows, practicing for pole competition and/or pole dancing at work. I'm a naturally small person too. I got extremely lean during this time. I wasn't anorexic, but some scales read me as low as 15% body fat during those times! (Of course, scales are not the most accurate, but still pretty low). I was lucky to have a 'fat face' until I hit my forties. But the poling sped up the 'skinny face' process. I also think, the aches, pains and minor injuries that go along with poling a lot (if you are) contribute to a temporary aging or hollowness of cheeks and/or under the eyes.

I still take classes but don't dance for a living anymore. I have taken my workouts outdoors more often and switch them between aerial, hiking, weights, yoga and just quick HIIT stuff. My face looks more relaxed now and my eyes look waayy more 'alive' and youthful.

Just a thought. You may not need fillers.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DorienG For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

Bone broth boosts collagen. But be careful buying collagen creams, the molecules are too large to penetrate skin, it’s a bit of a rip off tbh

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to We had a rabbit like you For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,241 Times in 452 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Blog Entries

^^^creams are a waste. Retinol are the best. I saw a Groupon for dermaMD for retinol. I’m getting mine done sculptra and juvaderm for $1500 I’m excited! My eyes are a bit hollow-not bad-but very telling. I’m getting 2 vials Of sculptra. I love fillers and Botox. My career will definitely last longer as well my self esteem. I got a fat transfer-kinda a waste of money. It’s expensive, but they do last forever. When I’m older my checks shouldn’t fall. I support every woman’s decision, but I dunno why a woman wouldn’t invest in this stuff. I get guesses I’m 5-8 years younger. I’m working on transitioning to another career, but I don’t have to “worry” about my retirement as much because I invested in this stuff. Even if I wasn’t a dancer, it’s my thing. Some people like an expensive purse, I like an expendive face...lol. I find deals on Groupon it’s getting more reasonable $$$

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ifyouseekamy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

Ive decided to go for it ^^ ifyouseek's post up there sealed the deal for me. In the long run it'll be so worth the money because it'll probably give me years of extra time to work and still look young.
    I'm wanting either sculptra or juvaderm voluma xc..both of them supposedly lasting 2 years (or more, since they stimulate collagen )
    I don't want to gain weight since my body is just the way I like it, so now I can get the best of both words..a plump face but a body with a low bf %

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to We had a rabbit like you For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

You might be too fit for your own good. If you have super low body fat, this might simply be a byproduct, not necessarily a result of weight loss.

As other ladies have mentioned, I'd probably spend a good chunk of time researching plastic surgeons and go in for a consult. Tell him/her your concerns and see what s/he recommends to remedy the issue.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ZeroSugarMonster For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DorienG View Post
    Are you performing pole tricks at work as well as in classes? If so, you may want to mix up your workouts. From 2011 to 2015, I was in pole classes, rehearsing for pole shows, practicing for pole competition and/or pole dancing at work. I'm a naturally small person too. I got extremely lean during this time. I wasn't anorexic, but some scales read me as low as 15% body fat during those times! (Of course, scales are not the most accurate, but still pretty low). I was lucky to have a 'fat face' until I hit my forties. But the poling sped up the 'skinny face' process. I also think, the aches, pains and minor injuries that go along with poling a lot (if you are) contribute to a temporary aging or hollowness of cheeks and/or under the eyes.

I still take classes but don't dance for a living anymore. I have taken my workouts outdoors more often and switch them between aerial, hiking, weights, yoga and just quick HIIT stuff. My face looks more relaxed now and my eyes look waayy more 'alive' and youthful.

Just a thought. You may not need fillers.
    Hi, yeah, I am taking two pole classes a week, one of them is advanced. I haven't been dancing for $$$ lately but thinking of getting back into it. Poling twice a week has definitely dropped my body fat considerably. I haven't lost weight perse but have dropped fat and gained muscle like crazy. Looking VERY lean. Definitely gonna research fillers... anyone know amazing people in Portland, OR?

SuffleUffleGrass, I love the idea of eating more meat! Trying to crank up the meat and the fat... um and the potatoes

Thanks all! Doing SLIGHTLY better since upping my calories but gonna need some extra help from some docs

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adrienne7 For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,295 Times in 487 Posts

^^^ No shame! I'm younger than you and getting fillers soon. My personal style is very minimal makeup and more gamine than glam, but I'm not gonna stand by less is more to the point where my face is a shadow of its former self... or at least not til I'm 60 and my kids have all my beauty so I can still gloat, LOL

40. The Following User Says Thank You to vanessa_mtl For This Useful Post: