Thread: New Orleans Club Closures & alternative cities to work in quickly

Thanks

Exclamation New Orleans Club Closures & alternative cities to work in quickly

The NOPD has been raiding clubs here and enforcing outdated laws (ex: entertainers can't touch their own chests on stage or touch customers *at all* during a lap dance) in order to suspend their liquor licenses and force them to shutter, and right before Mardi Gras. Hundreds of dancers are out of a place to work, and at a time of year when it's really hard to get hired at a new club because so many traveling dancers are competing to work just during carnival season.

My own club, the cleanest, safest place I've ever danced, was closed this week. Right after I signed a lease on a new 3 bedroom I was planning to rent all by myself initially. Now, like many New Orleans dancers, I need to find somewhere else to work in a hurry. I'm going to make one hail Mary audition here tomorrow, but if they don't hire me (and it's sooo competitive, especially with all the girls trying to find new spots right now), I'll have to go to another city at this point. So, for all your NOLA sisters, what cities are ok this time of year and don't require a lot of startup work? My top choices would be Dallas, Vegas and Houston, but I've read that Dallas has a new background check requirement that takes weeks longer than the old one. And Vegas and Houston both require a license, no?

What are some busy cities with no complicated screening procedure?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to roserose For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Default Re: New Orleans Club Closures & alternative cities to work in quickly

Vegas does require a license, but you can generally get it done and work the same night.

Which club were you working at in New Orleans? Sorry to hear your club got shut down! The first time I ever worked in Vegas was because my club got shut down too (for serving alcohol to a minor, or something like that)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to keepitclassy For This Useful Post:

Featured Member Girl Anachronism's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,498 Times in 805 Posts

houston is no license.. except for one club. it's like a four hour drive so idk if you could commute but there are some cheap places you can stay near the clubs. penthouse in baton rouge is a really nice club too- the permit is like $25 or something i don't remember but it's cheap.

dallas and vegas are good but not cheap to get started. if you're desperately in need of fast money i wouldn't think you'd want to spend hundreds of dollars going to those places to work.

austin is an 8 hour drive with lots of clubs and no license.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Girl Anachronism For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Not desperate, just don't want to blow any of my savings. I had a rough winter of sickness and have already dipped into them more often than I'd like. I can't speak for the wave of other clubless dancers we have now, though.

I was at Rick's Cabaret. The managers there were really on top of the raid situation and kept warning girls to be careful not to break the outdated laws they were citing elsewhere, but not everyone was listening the last day I worked, and I guess the next day they got burned.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by roserose View Post
    Not desperate, just don't want to blow any of my savings. I had a rough winter of sickness and have already dipped into them more often than I'd like. I can't speak for the wave of other clubless dancers we have now, though.

I was at Rick's Cabaret. The managers there were really on top of the raid situation and kept warning girls to be careful not to break the outdated laws they were citing elsewhere, but not everyone was listening the last day I worked, and I guess the next day they got burned.
    gotcha, vegas and dallas are just a gamble that's all. lots of girls do amazingly well there so the $4-600 in license and travel costs is just a drop in the bucket. but if you get there and realize it's not your style and do poorly then you're out a good chunk of money. i remember my first trip to vegas.. i went during a holiday weekend and spent so much just getting started that i left in the negative D:

i'm so bummed about the raids. i had been thinking of possibly moving to nola soon but not anymore. sounds like they are busting girls for very minor infractions not just big things like drugs or prostitution. i would be afraid to work there even as a clean dancer right now and it seems like it's just going to keep getting worse. hopefully you find some place lucrative to travel to for the time being. there's a club in philly that gives dancers a free place to stay, that helps cut down on costs a lot, i'm thinking of going there again soon and another member of this board PMd me a few weeks ago and said she's going out there. i think it's decent there this time of year so maybe worth a shot.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Girl Anachronism For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,131 Times in 1,918 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

Don't come to Houston unless you want to compete with pimped out girls giving extras. Extras are expected here.
    xoxo

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chanzep For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by roserose View Post

What about Michael's in Lafayette? Not sure if they still do, but they used to offer free room & board for traveling girls. I worked there in 2013 and they paid for half of my flight and hotel. And if I had agreed to a 30 day contract they would have paid all of it. I put a review in the reviews section, but it's a little outdated now, but hopefully still helpful. Good luck!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to keepitclassy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keepitclassy View Post
    What about Michael's in Lafayette? Not sure if they still do, but they used to offer free room & board for traveling girls. I worked there in 2013 and they paid for half of my flight and hotel. And if I had agreed to a 30 day contract they would have paid all of it. I put a review in the reviews section, but it's a little outdated now, but hopefully still helpful. Good luck!
    ohh yeah that place is still listed on 2 agency sites so they must still do that

baton rouge used to do that too but idk if they do anymore cuz the listing is taken down :/ but they give hotel discounts i think still

Thanks

I am in the same boat, my club hasnt been shut down yet but the atmosphere is so stressed and the only customers are younger guys. i'm thinking of going to vegas