Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Nails/manicures how you do yours?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,555 Times in 2,004 Posts
    My Mood
    Busy

Default Re: Nails/manicures how you do yours?

Quote Originally Posted by IGMO View Post
    I have a dip powder kit that I bought during OG quarantine that I keep telling myself Im gonna use. Lol. Im also in the business of a new UV LED lamp
    This is the nail lamp I currently own. It's not big enough for 2 hands at the same time, which imo is the only downside (very compact). It's a beast so far as curing stuff though!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caramelcraze For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,655 Times in 2,728 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

I have not done mine for ages they look bare.
    xoxo

Thanks
    Thanked 9,837 Times in 3,001 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Still going strong with the gels. Every 2-3 weeks just cutting my nails (I like to keep them short, just a bit over the finger), apply the gel and not having to worry.
    My top favorite gels are from Born Pretty. I don't like Modelones anymore, they chip fast. This is what i use now https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...3d03433aqIp7v8 they are dirt cheap, i literally ordered 10 bottles and still using it 1 year later )) Maybe because i keep my nails short and don't consume much.
    I use base coat and top coat from a local brand, it's more expensive but i feel my nails last longer thanks to that. It's higher quality and it worth because it's the first that goes in contact with the nail.
    * Me, everytime a member has 100 requests in freechat, like he's at a 5 Stars All Inclusive Holiday Resort *

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by MissAdriana View Post
    How are you making out with that? I have gel polish and the lamp as well but it BURNS like crazy and often comes out lumpy
    I can come with a new answer, now that i got some experience. Apparently, it's your gel polish. You might use something that is not a good quality. I have been trying some brands and some do really burn when you put it under the lamp. Yes, it should heat a little, but it shouldn't burn that bad, unless it's a low quality.

To avoid getting lumpy nails, try to use thin layers and spread it well. Being gel, it doesn't dry and you can take your time spreading the gel evenly on your nail, as patient as you can and as long as you like. Just try to not overload the brush, always have liiiitle gel on it and eventually add extra, than trying to remove the excess from the nail.
    * Me, everytime a member has 100 requests in freechat, like he's at a 5 Stars All Inclusive Holiday Resort *

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by caramelcraze View Post
    This is the I currently own. It's not big enough for 2 hands at the same time, which imo is the only downside (very compact). It's a beast so far as curing stuff though!
    Have you ever tried dip powder nails...if so how were they?

Thanks

Does anybody know what to ask for in the shop if you want poly gel? Do you just say poly gel or is it called something else professionally?

Thanks

i think its that time of year again....... Essie Bordeaux time. just in time for fall

essie 3.jpg

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to honeybirdette For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

That color is nice. I love the dark colors in Fall/ Winter.
    xoxo

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy

Quote Originally Posted by IGMO View Post
    Does anybody know what to ask for in the shop if you want poly gel? Do you just say poly gel or is it called something else professionally?
    I get mine off amazon or Makartt's site. They make the best polygel by far.
    Haven't tried dip nails. One of my friends has a few times and hers never holds up well. might just be the brand used though, idk.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to caramelcraze For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

I do my nails with gel, but fuck me, I see those polygel compilations popping on my youtube and I am not tempted to buy a kit. I need to watch some tutorials for beginners and learn how to remove them with a drill.
    Not sure if I wanna go for it, because even removing the gel and re applying, every 3 weeks is a pain in the ass for me. And I don't wanna go to salon because I can't stand the idea of sitting there for 2 hours, I rather do it at home, watching Netflix, like I do with the gels.
    But meanwhile, I watch those compilations, they are a guilty pleasure lately:

Edit: HOLY SHIIIIT!!! I need this mini UV lamp into my life!!! I usually stick 1 finger under the lamp, as I paint them, anyway. Sooo... I'll buy it asap!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...63897698%21sea

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I am a nail tech now so if you have questions lmk

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pinksugardoll For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy

Quote Originally Posted by Pinksugardoll View Post
    what's the best dip powder available to non-professionals?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to caramelcraze For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

OPI show us your tips.
    xoxo

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy

I switched from polygel to soft gel (or soak off acrylic) nail extensions a while ago and my nails are definitely healthier. I've found that they almost always last longer as well (vs polygel). I've only had 1 come off ever and 1 broke, but out of probably 8 sets, that's not bad at all. Only downside is that you can't really fill them like polygel or acrylic & have to soak them off, then put a new set on. on the bright side, soaking them off usually takes under 30 minutes & in under 60 minutes total (including prep, application, & painting them) you have a new set that should last 3 weeks or so. There's also a TON less filing involved, which is nice.
    I use the following:
    Mia Secret Dehydrator/Primer
    Apres extend soak off gel
    So far as full cover nail tips, I've found that Makartt & Enailcouture both make really solid nails. I will say I have yet to try anything other than the clears from enail, so I'm not entirely sure how well the different color ones cure.
    also, you'll want two lamps for this method. A small one to initially cure while you hold on the nail so no air bubbles pop in. then a larger lamp for end stage curing.
    Top it all off with your favorite gel polish and you're in business!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to caramelcraze For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pinksugardoll;
    In HS I had long nails that people always thought were fake. Fast forward some years later and now they get to a certain length and break. What should I do to prevent that

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

I don't like going to get my nails done, now. I would spend so much getting my nails done to get hired several times and didn't get hired. And I would spend so much on my nails and later disappointed in my results, from the cost, while working. Anyway, I will be entering an audition in a long while in New York hoping for the best outcome. I will just do my nails this time since I don't care to maintain it and the cost of. Lower effort, less burn out and more money in my pocket. I will treat entertaining as an in between gig or an extra stream of income, not my primarly, consistent source since lately it hasn't been too appreciative or good to me.
    Last edited by yaya_cash; 06-03-2022 at 06:55 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy

Quote Originally Posted by stargrl View Post
    In HS I had long nails that people always thought were fake. Fast forward some years later and now they get to a certain length and break. What should I do to prevent that
    Not a nail tech, but I struggled with flimsy nails for a while. The two things that helped noticeably were OPI nail envy strengthener & switching to a higher quality multivitamin.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to caramelcraze For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by yaya_cash View Post
    I don't like going to get my nails done, now. I would spend so much getting my nails done to get hired several times and didn't get hired. And I would spend so much on my nails and later disappointed in my results, from the cost, while working. Anyway, I will be entering an audition in a long while in New York hoping for the best outcome. I will just do my nails this time since I don't care to maintain it and the cost of. Lower effort, less burn out and more money in my pocket. I will treat entertaining as an in between gig or an extra stream of income, not my primarly, consistent source since lately it hasn't been too appreciative or good to me.
    Try press on nails, idk what glue to reccomend to you, as I am not from US, but maybe anyone here or in this thread are some reccomendations. They are perfect for a quick efortless manicure.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Quote Originally Posted by Cutie101 View Post
    Try press on nails, idk what glue to reccomend to you, as I am not from US, but maybe anyone here or in this thread are some reccomendations. They are perfect for a quick efortless manicure.
    Thank you for your suggestion. I got hired, anyway. I might just invest in getting my nails done, and change my appearance some - it's a difference clientele than I got used to working with. I want to see if this club will work with some arrangements.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to yaya_cash For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by yaya_cash View Post
    Thank you for your suggestion. I got hired, anyway. I might just invest in getting my nails done, and change my appearance some - it's a difference clientele than I got used to working with. I want to see if this club will work with some arrangements.
    Ohh, definitely investing in your image pays off. It's our no1 work tool so definitely any $$$ poured in it's an investment and not an expense, because it brings money back. Good luck at your new place, I hope it rains$$!!

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy

For those of you who do gel polish nails at home, DND Daisy is having a 20% off sale on everything. They are by far my favorite brand of gel polish! Their DC Platinum collection is amazing if you like shimmer that isn't chunky glitter.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,513 Times in 562 Posts

I buff and file my natural nails and then paint top coat over it, or I use press-on french nails. I keep my nails/press ons on the short end so they don't get in the way of daily living. I work out a lot and use my hands, so don't want to risk getting the nails broken off.

I use IBD 5 Second Brush On Nail Glue, which is strong as fuck.

Weekly earning target: $1000
    Saving for: school, traveling, rainy day fund

Quote Originally Posted by charlie61 View Post
    What would "future you" want you to do right now?

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Cashmere Star For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456