Thread: The stone-wall Jackson customers

Featured Member We had a rabbit like you's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,492 Times in 752 Posts
    My Mood
    Daring

Default The stone-wall Jackson customers

So the only thing that's still tripping me up after all these years is the "stonewall Jackson"..you know, the guy you approach in all your seductive glory, who is Stoney-faced staring at the stage and gives you cold one-word responses to your polite questions or flirtatious lines.they fold their arms and close themselves off and face away. . It just totally throws me off my game and makes me feel awkward AS FUCK. it's something I dread when approaching.
    Soo do I just walk away mid-convo or do I try and close real quick in a last ditch effort and to close in a more graceful way than walking away? I usually make some kind of physical contact (sitting on a lap, caressing their neck or back of the head, rubbing their leg etc) while whispering some sexy closing line in their ear about needing to grind on a lap or some shit , and that usually always works but these guys are just impenetrable.
    How do I save face when I run into these assholes, and do I even try once the awkward rejection-vibe sets in.
    I've done business with men who think I'm as silly as I look; by the time they figure out I'm not, I've done got the money and gone -Dolly Parton

a motherfukin hustler kamikaze//I used to bus tables but now I sell my body

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to We had a rabbit like you For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,130 Times in 2,831 Posts

Default Re: The stone-wall Jackson customers

Act "shy" in front of these guys (usually you can do this in a discussion with another person like another dancer or talking to the bartender.)

Most of these guys aren't good at talking to women (for many, some understandable reasons) and they relish having a verbal or nonverbal cue to engage someone in conversation.
    "They're a bit strange in Los Angeles" Duckie, "NCIS"I've walked in L.A.. It was to my car, so I could drive in L.A..

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,413 Times in 1,774 Posts

If a guy is a dick and clearly not interested in me, I walk away. I'm not going to humiliate myself trying to get 20 bucks from a douchebag who thinks he's too good to be there or pay for anything. Goodbye. LOL. I know it's awkward as hell but just move on to your next target.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to arielbriel For This Useful Post:

Thanks

When you sit with a guy you are asking him if it is ok first right? If he wants company? Or some variation on that?

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy

If they fold their arms at stage I will often do it back. Usually this gets them to laugh and open up a little. If they seem clearly not interested when I walk up to them I ask them if there is anyone they like that I can get for them. A lot of times they are just 'window shopping' and not ready but appreciate that I ask. If I can't make money off them then I would rather someone else be able to. Being friendly in general works for me- even if they don't get dances they are more likely to tip me on stage which definitely helps on those nights where it is slow or no one wants to tip. My club is really small so I am sure this doesn't apply to everywhere but works for me.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to _Elle_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,156 Times in 5,161 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

Quote Originally Posted by thehester2 View Post
    When you sit with a guy you are asking him if it is ok first right? If he wants company? Or some variation on that?
    With all do respect .......fuck that!

I'm only saying this because when you try to be all nice to these dudes and ask them to sit down you know what these mfs gone say? No. So ASSUME the sale, assume they want you to sit with them.

Have you ever seen any direct sales person ask for permission to pitch no? they just come up, like they know you n shit, and just start engaging.

It could help to crack a joke or say something to catch him off guard. If he's still closed off probably best to leave.

Also notice their body language. Closed body language most likely means they don't want to be bothered and just there to gawk for free...avoid

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

Yea what miss said, hell no I don’t ask , I just dive right in
    I've done business with men who think I'm as silly as I look; by the time they figure out I'm not, I've done got the money and gone -Dolly Parton

13. The Following User Says Thank You to We had a rabbit like you For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,156 Times in 5,161 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

About asking firs - I will say just do your own testing. Try a week where you ask to sit with them, then try a week where you initiate playful engaging (like you already know them and believe they want to spend with you) and see what kind of results you get. It could be club culture, mindset, etc.

If a guy is offended because you didn't ask to sit next to him - then he is a jerk not worth your time and attention anyways.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,649 Times in 2,982 Posts

I don't agree with just sitting with guys especially those that look like this. Girls in my club use that tactic and waste SO SO SO much time trying to hustle everyone since they haven't allowed the truly not interested guys to weed themselves out with "No thanks on company right now".

I agree with Ariel, if you can't crack a smile out of them quickly, move on.
    "People jack off with the left hand and point with the right."
    - Lux ATL

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

Quote Originally Posted by crystalize View Post
    Ok so i gotta turn up the moronic drunk slut

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Selina M For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by miss.a.p1600 View Post
    With all do respect .......fuck that!
    I think you might be misinterpreting my question. I am not trying to say one way of husting is better or right. All I was trying to figure out is if the OP is talking about guys who don't want company or guys who do actually want her to sit with them and then don't talk. The second set of guys is rarer but it does happen and I would give vastly different advice in that situation.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to thehester2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

Quote Originally Posted by thehester2 View Post
    I think you might be misinterpreting my question. I am not trying to say one way of husting is better or right. All I was trying to figure out is if the OP is talking about guys who don't want company or guys who do actually want her to sit with them and then don't talk. The second set of guys is rarer but it does happen and I would give vastly different advice in that situation.
    They appear uninterested, I think I had one guy who shocked me and ended up spending after I gave a what-the-hell “wanna dance” after conversation got awkward.
    I guess I’m asking if there’s a graceful way of closing when a guy appears uncrackable an the long pause sets in ..

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 449 Posts

Hahahahahaha! At first I though this was a gay rights thread. Lol. Like The stonewall park riot in NYC.

In all serious though fuck those guys if someone is too rude to say hi, I'm walking away. I'm not asking for further consideration desperately... once in a blue moon they come find you later or wave you over.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vanessa_mtl For This Useful Post: