Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 52

Thread: How will Backpage shutdown affect strip clubs???

  1. #26
    Moderator Optimist's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2004
    Location
    lapland
    Posts
    7,657
    Thanks
    6,793
    Thanked 5,106 Times in 1,942 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

    Default Re: How will Backpage shutdown affect strip clubs???

    Quote Originally Posted by siouxie View Post
    They just want to disturb the solidarity amongst sex workers and our allies that has emerged in recent years. We should start meeting in person from time to time in case they do find a reason to shut down this site. We all need each other.
    Your assessment that they want to "disturb the solidarity" makes no sense. There is no solidarity. We dance, they prostitute. We are legal and they are not. We DON'T want them using our legal workplace as a cover for their ILLEGAL work.
    Rich men only worry about money in their business ventures.
    Broke men worry about money in their relationships with women.


  2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Optimist For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    Moderator Optimist's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2004
    Location
    lapland
    Posts
    7,657
    Thanks
    6,793
    Thanked 5,106 Times in 1,942 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

    Default Re: How will Backpage shutdown affect strip clubs???

    Quote Originally Posted by Layla.00 View Post
    Just because you’re an escort doesn’t mean youre incapable following the rules in the club.
    They're job is illegal. Why would they stop? This is not about what they can or can't do. This is about what they will do since they have no respect for anti prostitution laws and no allegiance to strippers or strip club managers. They aren't out of control They just don't care.
    Rich men only worry about money in their business ventures.
    Broke men worry about money in their relationships with women.


  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Optimist For This Useful Post:


  5. #28
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    127
    Thanks
    249
    Thanked 161 Times in 66 Posts

    Default Re: How will Backpage shutdown affect strip clubs???

    I don't think most the girls on backpage would get hired at my club or many of the area clubs. The clubs that would hire them most likely have employed them at sometime already. So no, not really.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to cede For This Useful Post:


  7. #29
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    720
    Thanks
    263
    Thanked 1,264 Times in 447 Posts

    Default Re: How will Backpage shutdown affect strip clubs???

    Quote Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
    They're job is illegal. Why would they stop? This is not about what they can or can't do. This is about what they will do since they have no respect for anti prostitution laws and no allegiance to strippers or strip club managers. They aren't out of control They just don't care.

    Because exactly, it’s their job. Not their identity. When I travel to the US where they have different strip club laws than in Canada, I adapt to the new rules even if they’re often dumb and I want to break them. Not because I “respect the law” but because I don’t wanna get fired or have my ass beat by some girl for showing my nipples/pussy/allowing contact etc.

    I’m sure that some girls will try to run their business OTC or maybe even in the club but being a former escort does not necessarily mean you will do extras in the club. Huge generalization.

  8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Layla.00 For This Useful Post:


  9. #30
    Member NikkiToTheStage's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 86 Times in 26 Posts

    Default Re: How will Backpage shutdown affect strip clubs???

    I used to be an escort but then I started dancing. Just because I have actively broken the law in the past on my OWN time and at my OWN risk does not mean I would put others (the club, the girls, or the customers) at risk. Just because I have "no allegiance" to the club doesn't mean I don't respect them. There's a difference.

  10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to NikkiToTheStage For This Useful Post:


  11. #31
    God/dess Selina M's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Omicron Persei 8
    Posts
    3,835
    Thanks
    11,023
    Thanked 11,171 Times in 3,101 Posts

    Default Re: How will Backpage shutdown affect strip clubs???

    It's rare though to see girls who think that way ^ aside from on this board. Most of them are just thinking about themselves and it has never even entered their head to consider long term or overall impacts on their own business or other people. Most girls, IMO and IME, are just worried about what they leave with today.
    "People jack off with the left hand and point with the right."
    - Lux ATL

    "You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

    Quote Originally Posted by crystalize View Post
    Ok so i gotta turn up the moronic drunk slut

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Selina M For This Useful Post:


  13. #32
    Member siouxie's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2017
    Location
    All over the place
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 47 Times in 18 Posts

    Default Re: How will Backpage shutdown affect strip clubs???

    Quote Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
    Your assessment that they want to "disturb the solidarity" makes no sense. There is no solidarity. We dance, they prostitute. We are legal and they are not. We DON'T want them using our legal workplace as a cover for their ILLEGAL work.
    I completely agree that dancers do not want other types of entertainers in their space; we each have our own spaces and functions. I am personally friends with many cam girls and escorts, and while I do not want them in the club (and I tell them this), I still stand in solidarity with them, as I find our (U.S.) laws regarding sex, sexuality, and the human body to be greatly disempowering, distorted and misled.

    Perhaps you have no solidarity around you or with others, and that is fine, as that is your subjective experience. My subjective experience is different, however; I was once upon a time a doctoral student of Sexuality (while dancing), which put me into broad contact with many types of sex workers around the world. Being exposed to them and forced to hear their stories, and vice versa, so as to not do an injustice in my research, just formed an automatic solidarity between us. We share many common stories, as working as a dancer or an escort entails the ability to keep your clients engaged. We engage them differently, this is true - but it is still needing to engage a client's interest based on their desires (whether real (escorting) or imagined/fantasy (dancing)).

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to siouxie For This Useful Post:


  15. #33
    Moderator Optimist's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2004
    Location
    lapland
    Posts
    7,657
    Thanks
    6,793
    Thanked 5,106 Times in 1,942 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

    Default Re: How will Backpage shutdown affect strip clubs???

    Quote Originally Posted by siouxie View Post
    I completely agree that dancers do not want other types of entertainers in their space; we each have our own spaces and functions. I am personally friends with many cam girls and escorts, and while I do not want them in the club (and I tell them this), I still stand in solidarity with them, as I find our (U.S.) laws regarding sex, sexuality, and the human body to be greatly disempowering, distorted and misled.

    Perhaps you have no solidarity around you or with others, and that is fine, as that is your subjective experience. My subjective experience is different, however; I was once upon a time a doctoral student of Sexuality (while dancing), which put me into broad contact with many types of sex workers around the world. Being exposed to them and forced to hear their stories, and vice versa, so as to not do an injustice in my research, just formed an automatic solidarity between us. We share many common stories, as working as a dancer or an escort entails the ability to keep your clients engaged. We engage them differently, this is true - but it is still needing to engage a client's interest based on their desires (whether real (escorting) or imagined/fantasy (dancing)).
    They are not "other types of entertainers". They are prostitutes doing sexual services.

    No one said you can't "stand in solidarity with them".

    We share common stories with all women across humanity. But you seem to have a logical stumbling block when it comes to a discussion of keeping the working environment free of bitches who want to undercut the entire roster of dancers with sexual services and hide from Law Enforcement at OUR risk.

    Try to keep discussion of your feelings separate for prostitutes separate from a practical discussion of How Strip Clubs Will Be Affected By Backpage Shutting Down.
    Rich men only worry about money in their business ventures.
    Broke men worry about money in their relationships with women.


  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Optimist For This Useful Post:


  17. #34
    Moderator Optimist's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2004
    Location
    lapland
    Posts
    7,657
    Thanks
    6,793
    Thanked 5,106 Times in 1,942 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

    Default Re: How will Backpage shutdown affect strip clubs???

    Quote Originally Posted by Layla.00 View Post
    Because exactly, itís their job. Not their identity. When I travel to the US where they have different strip club laws than in Canada, I adapt to the new rules even if theyíre often dumb and I want to break them. Not because I ďrespect the lawĒ but because I donít wanna get fired or have my ass beat by some girl for showing my nipples/pussy/allowing contact etc.

    Iím sure that some girls will try to run their business OTC or maybe even in the club but being a former escort does not necessarily mean you will do extras in the club. Huge generalization.
    We are not discussing what you do when in the club. This is not your personal thread on your personal experiences.

    We are discussing How will Backpage shutdown affect strip clubs. So CLUBS, plural, will be affected negatively by prostitutes who were NOT in the club before, but were working through the website. The entire question is general and speaking of a good thousand clubs spread over this country alone.
    Rich men only worry about money in their business ventures.
    Broke men worry about money in their relationships with women.


  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Optimist For This Useful Post:


  19. #35
    God/dess miss.a.p1600's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,343
    Thanks
    25,327
    Thanked 15,802 Times in 5,680 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

    Default Re: How will Backpage shutdown affect strip clubs???

    I believe ladies and men who used backpage will most likely try to stick to online sources - like S/A etc - than to work in a club with hiring requrements/rules/payouts because it will be easier and more profit. Not all SC dancers are profiting tremendously rn as in some areas with tight regulations - the dancers have a very hard hustle and often have to have other sources of income.
    Last edited by miss.a.p1600; 04-15-2018 at 06:18 PM.

  20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:


  21. #36
    Featured Member
    Joined
    May 2014
    Posts
    814
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 568 Posts

    Default Re: How will Backpage shutdown affect strip clubs???

    Well, I'm officially retired now. My dad pulled some strings at the company he retired from and I'm also applying for an internship at a huge defense contractor. There's a guaranteed third option as well.

    Having an arrest record will prevent me from getting security clearance. I'm not risking that over a bunch of prostitutes working out of my club and attracting LE attention.

  22. #37
    God/dess Vyanka's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Cash-Stack-istan Island
    Posts
    14,032
    Thanks
    5,453
    Thanked 9,121 Times in 3,101 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

    Default Re: How will Backpage shutdown affect strip clubs???

    Quote Originally Posted by miss.a.p1600 View Post
    I believe ladies and men who used backpage will most likely try to stick to online sources - like S/A etc - than to work in a club with hiring requrements/rules/payouts because it will be easier and more profit. Not all SC dancers are profiting tremendously rn as in some areas with tight regulations - the dancers have a very hard hustle and often have to have other sources of income.
    CL is still being used to advertise in other sections. It's not completely gone.
    Last edited by Vyanka; 04-15-2018 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Typo

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Vyanka For This Useful Post:


  24. #38
    God/dess Selina M's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Omicron Persei 8
    Posts
    3,835
    Thanks
    11,023
    Thanked 11,171 Times in 3,101 Posts

    Default Re: How will Backpage shutdown affect strip clubs???

    Welp, I just saw on Reddit an escort asking "what now" and someone quite seriously advised her to "get a job at a strip club and do your thing there".

    So if more of them take that bright idea and run with it, I can see it happening. Oy.
    "People jack off with the left hand and point with the right."
    - Lux ATL

    "You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

    Quote Originally Posted by crystalize View Post
    Ok so i gotta turn up the moronic drunk slut

  25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Selina M For This Useful Post:


  26. #39
    Featured Member
    Joined
    May 2014
    Posts
    814
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 568 Posts

    Default Re: How will Backpage shutdown affect strip clubs???

    Quote Originally Posted by Selina M View Post
    Welp, I just saw on Reddit an escort asking "what now" and someone quite seriously advised her to "get a job at a strip club and do your thing there".

    So if more of them take that bright idea and run with it, I can see it happening. Oy.
    This is very much the reality, where I am. Girls that we haven't seen in years are back and plenty that we know were on Back Page have shown up. There are new girls getting hired every shift that I've worked recently and that's not normal. We usually get a few per month.

    I've also seen female "customers" working the room. One left with a guy that I've danced for previously, so that was messed up. I also know some long time regulars who only do VIP's with extras girls and they've been spending a lot of time back there lately.

    These girls are not smart enough or sober enough to recognize a vice cop.

    I can see the raids coming and I'm just not doing that. This happened a few years ago and it ruined a lot of lives. I'll be ok but a lot of my friends won't.

    As for solidarity, where is their solidarity with us? They're coming into my club, talking away my income and putting my future at risk, yet I'm supposed to have some kind of sisterhood feelings? Fuck. That. Noise. When they sit down and consider how their extras hurt other dancers, the club and the industry in general, we might have something to talk about.

  27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kirakonstantin For This Useful Post:


  28. #40
    God/dess SnuffleUffleGrass's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    HearstCastle, Rosebud
    Posts
    4,715
    Thanks
    9,235
    Thanked 8,505 Times in 3,357 Posts

    Default Re: How will Backpage shutdown affect strip clubs???

    Quote Originally Posted by Selina M View Post
    Welp, I just saw on Reddit an escort asking "what now" and someone quite seriously advised her to "get a job at a strip club and do your thing there".

    So if more of them take that bright idea and run with it, I can see it happening. Oy.
    Speaking as someone who danced and escorted, I doubt tons of escorts will flood strip bars. Fast cash has been declining in the strip bar world since 2008.

    Pimps have already been jumping on the lack of online ad potential (I guess they have jobs again lol) and some long term escorts have been organizing get togethers. A discreetly done weekend of escorting produces double or triple cash than a whole week of shifts at a strip bar listening to coked out managers and dealing with other girls.

    The only upshot to the take down of BP is all the fringe nutters who started using it when Main Stream Media got a hold of the info......they don't have an easy way to harass and annoy girls. No more cheap idiots, no more prank set ups where no one shows.

    It's all deal direct, baby.

    So strippers, don't fret. Do your thing. Hone your hustle.
    "They're a bit strange in Los Angeles" Duckie, "NCIS"I've walked in L.A.. It was to my car, so I could drive in L.A..













  29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:


  30. #41
    Member
    Joined
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 37 Times in 21 Posts

    Default Re: How will Backpage shutdown affect strip clubs???

    Quote Originally Posted by kirakonstantin View Post
    I've also seen female "customers" working the room. One left with a guy that I've danced for previously, so that was messed up. I also know some long time regulars who only do VIP's with extras girls and they've been spending a lot of time back there lately.
    A couple of friends and I were at a club to check things out before auditioning, and two guys asked me if we were working. I kinda laughed and said no, thinking does it look like we're working? As in we were dressed for a night out, not to dance. It wasn't till now that I realized what he was implying (yes - naive). I've also heard it's not uncommon to have women pimps at the clubs - more low key.

    That said, yes, I do believe more are bring their "business" into the club for various reasons, safety included. Do I like it? Nope. Again - it hurts my money. A customer who comes in for dances ends up with that girl who provides extras, then that's what he's going to expect. And it railroads from there. Just look at TUSCL, all the reviews are what club offers what, and they'll even drop names. The managers aren't going to look out for us, so then what?

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to txgirl For This Useful Post:


  32. #42
    Member
    Joined
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts

    Default Re: How will Backpage shutdown affect strip clubs???

    Quote Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
    They are not "other types of entertainers". They are prostitutes doing sexual services.

    No one said you can't "stand in solidarity with them".

    We share common stories with all women across humanity. But you seem to have a logical stumbling block when it comes to a discussion of keeping the working environment free of bitches who want to undercut the entire roster of dancers with sexual services and hide from Law Enforcement at OUR risk.

    Try to keep discussion of your feelings separate for prostitutes separate from a practical discussion of How Strip Clubs Will Be Affected By Backpage Shutting Down.

    ^^^ this. I believe that when we speak in terms of law, future wellbeing for all, and $$$ (what we're all here for), discussion will be better facilitated. Less emotions, more answers and solutions I guess?


    Meaning: I care about the situation and want escorts to have rights, but when it comes to my money...that comes first and I'd like to know the effects of this sad, sad occurrence. Hopefully I get some insight on the effects once I get passed my first shift on Friday (!!)

  33. #43
    Member
    Joined
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts

    Default Re: How will Backpage shutdown affect strip clubs???

    Quote Originally Posted by Selina M View Post
    Welp, I just saw on Reddit an escort asking "what now" and someone quite seriously advised her to "get a job at a strip club and do your thing there".

    So if more of them take that bright idea and run with it, I can see it happening. Oy.
    Omg this is so scary...that's dollars being indirectly taken from me AND putting me at risk. Hope this isn't how every escort thinks!!

  34. #44
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    720
    Thanks
    263
    Thanked 1,264 Times in 447 Posts

    Default Re: How will Backpage shutdown affect strip clubs???

    Quote Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
    We are not discussing what you do when in the club. This is not your personal thread on your personal experiences.

    We are discussing How will Backpage shutdown affect strip clubs. So CLUBS, plural, will be affected negatively by prostitutes who were NOT in the club before, but were working through the website. The entire question is general and speaking of a good thousand clubs spread over this country alone.
    We are all speculating based on our own personal experiences because this is all very new and none of us know exactly how it will pan out.

    I dont think anyone has given an concrete examples of ex-backpage girls coming into clubs and intentionally ruining shit. So far I've seen two girls who I know were on BP at the club doing regular dances and complaining about how BS dancing is and how they are grateful they got out of dancing when they did. They are using the club as a temporary remedy until they figure out how they can get back into escorting through an agency or through some other advertising platform.

    Again, I think this may increase the number of new girls trying out at already saturated clubs, which is most definitely affect the flow of money but I don't think this will mean an necessary increase in extras. I'm sure this is going to affect agencies and massage parlours the most and then strip clubs after that. Maybe the demand for extras will increase 'cause where are all the tricks going to go? But at the end of the day all we can do is wait and see and advocate for all sex workers to have a safe place to work.

  35. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Layla.00 For This Useful Post:


  36. #45
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    720
    Thanks
    263
    Thanked 1,264 Times in 447 Posts

    Default Re: How will Backpage shutdown affect strip clubs???

    Quote Originally Posted by kirakonstantin View Post
    This is very much the reality, where I am. Girls that we haven't seen in years are back and plenty that we know were on Back Page have shown up. There are new girls getting hired every shift that I've worked recently and that's not normal. We usually get a few per month.

    I've also seen female "customers" working the room. One left with a guy that I've danced for previously, so that was messed up. I also know some long time regulars who only do VIP's with extras girls and they've been spending a lot of time back there lately.

    These girls are not smart enough or sober enough to recognize a vice cop.

    I can see the raids coming and I'm just not doing that. This happened a few years ago and it ruined a lot of lives. I'll be ok but a lot of my friends won't.

    As for solidarity, where is their solidarity with us? They're coming into my club, talking away my income and putting my future at risk, yet I'm supposed to have some kind of sisterhood feelings? Fuck. That. Noise. When they sit down and consider how their extras hurt other dancers, the club and the industry in general, we might have something to talk about.
    The female customers working the room is totally inappropriate and most decent clubs that I have worked at didn't let women in alone partly for this reason.

  37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Layla.00 For This Useful Post:


  38. #46
    Featured Member
    Joined
    May 2014
    Posts
    814
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 568 Posts

    Default Re: How will Backpage shutdown affect strip clubs???

    Quote Originally Posted by Layla.00 View Post
    The female customers working the room is totally inappropriate and most decent clubs that I have worked at didn't let women in alone partly for this reason.
    They didn't come in alone. They came in with two guys and ditched them after about 20 minutes. Once the girls joined the other table, the guys got bored and left. It was planned.

  39. #47
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    720
    Thanks
    263
    Thanked 1,264 Times in 447 Posts

    Default Re: How will Backpage shutdown affect strip clubs???

    Quote Originally Posted by kirakonstantin View Post
    They didn't come in alone. They came in with two guys and ditched them after about 20 minutes. Once the girls joined the other table, the guys got bored and left. It was planned.

    Wow, thatís really crappy that if it was that obvious and a manager didnít say or do anything.

    We often have escorts come with their tricks too. They are usually very generous and encourage their tricks to spend.

    Ive seen countless square girls flirt and leave with customers though.

  40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Layla.00 For This Useful Post:


  41. #48
    Featured Member
    Joined
    May 2014
    Posts
    814
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 568 Posts

    Default Re: How will Backpage shutdown affect strip clubs???

    Quote Originally Posted by Layla.00 View Post
    Wow, that’s really crappy that if it was that obvious and a manager didn’t say or do anything.

    We often have escorts come with their tricks too. They are usually very generous and encourage their tricks to spend.

    Ive seen countless square girls flirt and leave with customers though.
    I saw the group come in and recognised the girls when I got off stage and saw who they were sitting with. They were kind of slick about it and they knew what they were doing.

    It's just gotten ridiculous.

  42. #49
    God/dess Vyanka's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Cash-Stack-istan Island
    Posts
    14,032
    Thanks
    5,453
    Thanked 9,121 Times in 3,101 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

    Default Re: How will Backpage shutdown affect strip clubs???

    Quote Originally Posted by kirakonstantin View Post
    They didn't come in alone. They came in with two guys and ditched them after about 20 minutes. Once the girls joined the other table, the guys got bored and left. It was planned.
    Those chics need to get pointed out to security. I have a handful of times. Gtfo. Usually, security at my club aren't dumb and kick those ppl out asap.

    Hellzzzzz no. Wanna make money of these dudes, LEARN HOW TO MIND FUCK/HUSTLE.
    Last edited by Vyanka; 04-17-2018 at 03:34 AM.

  43. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vyanka For This Useful Post:


  44. #50
    Featured Member Brandi_Lynn's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Your grandma's underwear drawer
    Posts
    1,066
    Thanks
    1,074
    Thanked 813 Times in 396 Posts
    My Mood
    Twisted

    Default Re: How will Backpage shutdown affect strip clubs???

    Quote Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
    They are not "other types of entertainers". They are prostitutes doing sexual services.

    No one said you can't "stand in solidarity with them".

    We share common stories with all women across humanity. But you seem to have a logical stumbling block when it comes to a discussion of keeping the working environment free of bitches who want to undercut the entire roster of dancers with sexual services and hide from Law Enforcement at OUR risk.

    Try to keep discussion of your feelings separate for prostitutes separate from a practical discussion of How Strip Clubs Will Be Affected By Backpage Shutting Down.
    This is a hateful comment if I ever did see one. I've done both & I have kept both worlds separate. I've tried my hand at it all. There will always be stripclubs that are filled with extras -thats as old as they've been open & there will be clubs that do not tolerate this. Just like there have always been strippers that have doing extras before this happened. The other work community is struggling but we are finding other outlets & ways around that won't effect you guys in many ways (so put that in your pipe & smoke it). However, I'm sure you will see some influx.. at least temporarily -but this has been happening in clubs as I mentioned waaaay before now. I dunno, gurl, your tone has left a bad taste in my mouth (a well rounded sex worker, here). It feels like insult to injury in a sense or kicking some one when they're down.

    You say that we have no sense for the rules because we are already doing something illegal -however, that's a blanket statement of making it all just black & white. Not really fair, because you can't say that for a fact, as you already have some of us chiming in to counter that. Now, to counter this & why police think that all strippers, escorts & sex workers are the same is the same train of thought as to what your spouting that - escorts don't know how to keep the two worlds separate & won't. Those two sentiments sure do mirror each other alot. This is why I'm left w/ a bad taste in my mouth over that tone.

    And, btw, it's more than just backpage -there are literally, tons of pages that have been pulled, so much safety is gone, skype will be effected, Cam girls that raffle off dates, etc. So yes, it's a huuuuuge impact. And there were more than just "hookers" & "prostitutes" on these sites as back page wasn't the only one shut down as mentioned -you've got fbsm girls, prodommes, fetlife people, etc. But as mentioned, many of us are banning together & finding other outlets/sites, etc. Many escorts can't stand the idea of wasting all night at a club for something they can make in an hour. While the girls that were already in the clubs will prob stay put -cus, guess what...they were already there. That damn sex worker hierarchy gives you just such an a wonderful feeling in the morning.

    I was a stripper for 15 years -I've seen it all, I know everyones in a tizzy but so r we. At this point its all about waiting for the dust to settle & using our heads rather biting at each other. I'd hate to have some one get shitty w/ me just because I do escort & bodyrubs then I go to start dancing at a club again & because they assume that I'm gonna be freestyling in the club. Nope, gurl, I was in this industry back when some were still in high school & yes, I do know how to keep the two worlds separate as many of us do. You don't do things in general that would jeopardize your work or shit where you eat. That would be like me going out & fucking everyone raw as an escort -wouldn't be smart for business, right
    Last edited by Brandi_Lynn; 04-17-2018 at 09:42 AM.
    "You're better than no one and no one is better than you."
    -- Bob Dylan

    ďThere's never going to be a great misunderstanding of me. I think I'm a little whacked.Ē Pamela Anderson




Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 01-18-2017, 12:53 PM
  2. Underground Strip Clubs - Is it the future of Strip Clubs.
    By joyluckstripclub in forum Customer Conversation
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-10-2014, 08:59 PM
  3. Seattle Clubs: Probable Shutdown by Feds
    By PinkMinx in forum Club Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-27-2010, 04:40 AM
  4. Canton Inn Strip Club Shutdown Delaware
    By mysteryman in forum Industry Insight
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 05:37 PM
  5. ADULT STRIP CLUBS AND NON STRIP CLUBS WITH FEMALE
    By DAMONS GIRL in forum Club Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-27-2003, 02:39 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •