Thread: Attorney for new girl?

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Default Attorney for new girl?

I am just starting out but have heard from some of the girls that it is a good idea to keep an attorney's number on hand... Any reason for this? Do any of you have any stories or tips?

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,248 Times in 440 Posts

Default Re: Attorney for new girl?

Quote Originally Posted by katiekat28 View Post
    I am just starting out but have heard from some of the girls that it is a good idea to keep an attorney's number on hand... Any reason for this? Do any of you have any stories or tips?
    Iíve never heard of such a thing.. what for?

Veteran Member
    Thanks

I've never heard of this either. However, since moving to NYC, I've seriously considered getting one. The cops were constantly at Sapphire. I think I danced for a guy with a wire as a matter of fact. Then again, if the staff are pandering and selling coke (saw the lady host walk across my stage with a bag of what looked like white stuff), what does one expect. Encountered a group of cops the other day at the club who wanted to know what was on the menue in the back rooms. I've worked in a place who had a club attorney and bindsman in place for its girls, because they are making money off its dancers, so they actually do something in return. Some clubs as Ive learned in nyc do not. As a matter of fact, its much cheaper to hand over your dancers to the local pd than paying the cops directly, while the patrons/staff/management break all sort of laws without consequence. So basically, I don't think its necessary if youre working in an innocent setting where the staff wont set you up to detract from their own wrongdoings, and of course, if you yourself are not doing anything wrong. It might be a good idea still though because cops like to harass ladies in the industry and as we all know, cops have the power to do pretty much anything and get away with it especially when it pertains to a marginalized/stigmatized population that is us.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ZeroSugarMonster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,216 Times in 573 Posts

In our line of work, having a criminal attorney is never a bad idea. If you get arrested, or even questioned by the police. A friend of mine who is a criminal defense attorney says the only thing you should ever say to a police officer is: "Am I free to go?" If the officer says yes, then politely thank him for his time and go on about your business, promptly. If the officer says: "No." Then say "please call my lawyer whose name is: _____________." There is nothing you can say that will help you, and lots of things you can say that will hurt you. So, don't make the situation worse.

HTH
    Z

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zofia For This Useful Post: