Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Inspiration for pricing and your worth

Thanks
    Thanked 24,494 Times in 5,181 Posts

Default Re: Inspiration for pricing and your worth

That's totally understandable. Let's say you may lose some regs but you'll gain new ones who are willing to pay your new rates but you'll never know unless you do it because guys won't tell you they're willing to pay more.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio Girl View Post
    Losing my regs is exactly what I'm afraid of and why I have never raised my rates in the almost two years I've been on SM. I started at 4.99 and 5.99 and I'm still there. I would love to go up $1 each, but just too scared to do it. Maybe if I do get ahead on bills, I'll get up the nerve to give it a try.
    "There are results, and then there are excuses."

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Marina Starr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I REALLY needed to hear all this great insight. I recently upped my rates to $6.99/$9.99 The first weekend went great actually, but this weekend has been scary slow. My earnings are pretty abysmal, BUT the ratings analysis shows I'm actually up hourly over the last couple weeks. So I'm resisting the urge to touch this. And I love fetish shows, so the rate increase def. helps with that.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MissViolet For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,068 Times in 993 Posts
    My Mood
    Relaxed

What if you're like me & don't really offer too much fetish stuff & mostly just do vanilla? Would you ladies still suggest being 7.99 - 9.99 a min in exclusive for that? I've been back & forth on my rates however I don't really cam on there much anymore bc I have other well paying eggs right now.
    "Don't go mistaking paradise for a pair of long legs"

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xxxGothBarbie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio Girl View Post
    Losing my regs is exactly what I'm afraid of and why I have never raised my rates in the almost two years I've been on SM. I started at 4.99 and 5.99 and I'm still there. I would love to go up $1 each, but just too scared to do it. Maybe if I do get ahead on bills, I'll get up the nerve to give it a try.
    I was afraid of the same thing, and between getting pregnant, not getting back to my original weight, and raising from 2.99/ 3.99 up to 5.99/ 9.99, I have lost all of my regulars. I did this over about 8 mos (the raises not pregnancy obviously), but I have all new regulars, many of whom are just as nice and/or nicer, but less work. My average hourly rate has gone steadily up, and now I am mostly listed in the first 2, occasionally the 3rd row (I have no geoblocks on). I have been terrified of the raises, but it has worked out really well! I am happier when I log on too, because I feel I am being paid fairly. If anyone gives you a hard time (only 2 people in 8 mos have gotten blocked by me, due to complaints about prices), something DeepThoughts advised me to do is offer a GOLD show, and I suggest videos a lot too, and sell quite a few each shift. I can only speak for my experience, but creeping them up has resulted in my average hourly rate increasing from a steady $45-$50 to a steady $80-100. That's just for each hour I stream for the week, whether I am in free chat or not. So I really want to encourage anyone who reads this to do it. You can always lower them again if it doesn't work out.

I do have to deal with more trolls the more time I spend in free chat, but I don't hesitate to ruthlessly block. Even if they are just time wasting, because I have money to make for my family, and it's business. None of these fucks are paying our rent, and we are not hourly workers, we are commission only. Good luck. If you or anyone else wants any info on my experience I will answer honestly, I am really OCD and keep really detailed business records.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MILFYfun For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Quote Originally Posted by xxxGothBarbie View Post
    What if you're like me & don't really offer too much fetish stuff & mostly just do vanilla? Would you ladies still suggest being 7.99 - 9.99 a min in exclusive for that? I've been back & forth on my rates however I don't really cam on there much anymore bc I have other well paying eggs right now.
    I won't write too much because I just posted a lot of detailed info, but I would suggest it. I prefer not to do vanilla, but it seems to be all I ever do anymore, and I am really busy at 5.99/ 9.99. I don't even do anal, deep throat or any kind of taboo fantasy talk or anything, and I keep raising and staying steadily really busy. I don't do phone either.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MILFYfun For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,577 Times in 467 Posts

I was going back and forth Saturday and fucked up.
    The guys going exclusive but not saying much
    lmfaoo they knew wtf I did.
    I lowered my exclusive and didn't realize my rate was 5.99 until I checked my earnings expecting to make bank .
    its cool bc i wanted to play w rates but not cool when you think the shows have been 12.99 pm

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

What I have learnt with raising/lowering prices is it's all about CONFIDENCE.

I can imagine many of you, like me have raised your rates and had a quiet day or two and felt like shit, this is because I raised my rates.
    When it's not. When raising rates it's a long term game, something you have to monitor over months and months not days.
    But sometimes we lack confidence and then we get super tempted to lower them back down after a week, where possible try not to do this, stick it out for a month or two and see how it turns out.
    If it turns out you earn LESS then it obviously makes sense to lower them slightly.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fall/Winter Hustler Challenge Part 1
    Start date: 23rd September
    Finish Date: 31st October

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scarletl For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123