Thread: Tips for covering up BAD psoraisis on cam?

Thanks

Default Tips for covering up BAD psoraisis on cam?

I was thinking about buying the KVD Lock It foundation, but for such a splurge item, I'm afraid of it being too cakey to cover. My psoraisis is severe, and I can't help but to think attempting to cover it with foundation is just gonna make it blotchy and OBVIOUS that there's foundation over it by the color difference, since my main area of concern is my arms, so I wouldn't exactly be applying it to any other areas. I have a completely different routine for contouring my face that I love and don't plan on changing, so the color difference makes me a bit nervous.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,253 Times in 747 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

Default Re: Tips for covering up BAD psoraisis on cam?

You can get nylon/pull-on tattoo sleeves - but also I'm wondering if you can get the same in PLAIN, or maybe adapting some pantyhose etc?

Thanks

OH MY GOD- This is an AMAZING idea, considering my boyfriend just died on Easter (ok ok my ex, but we couldn't stay tf away from each other and he begged for me back every day. We talked damn near every day. We had a good ass convo 3 hours before he died. I WAS planning on accepting his proposal eventually, I just felt it was too much of a 'right person wrong time' scenario- we both had too much growing up to do and working on ourselves first) and I plan on getting his name tattooed on me by the end of this month, and I don't exactly want my REAL tattoo showing either. So, if I were to get fake tattoo sleeves, they should be able to cover up any REAL, existing tattoos one has as well, correct?

Edit to add: Where could I get a good quality one that looks real and won't slide off? What keeps coming to mind is "halloween costume", which I obviously don't want lol. Bonus if it's waterproof

Thanks
    My Mood
    Grumpy

If you can't find the sleeves, you could try Dermablend Leg and Body. I use it to cover some pretty severe breast augmentation scars I have and if I keep my hands off my tits (not easy to do LOL), it usually lasts for quite awhile. The key with it is very thin layers. I do about 3 layers and then reapply through the day.
    Great resource for new/aspiring Cammodels!
    ~ www.camgirltipsandtricks.com ~

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,925 Times in 1,295 Posts

You say that it's severe, and it could certainly be severe enough that this won't work, but have you tried camming with it (with a decent cam and proper lighting) and seeing how it looks on cam? Or possibly using one of those video filters like beauty Youtubers like to use? I know there's a thread on here about those somewhere. I'm lucky enough to be blessed with adult acne, and not just on my face, and when I started camming I'd go crazy trying to cover up each individual spot. I don't do it anymore because frankly, no one cares. I've cammed with bright red, peely, horrific sunburns--no one cared. The cam, the lights, and everything else have a way of smoothing out imperfections, and guys aren't really looking at your arms anyway so I'd give it a shot, as anything that makes getting online more difficult will really hurt your money in the long run.

Alternatively, a lot of girls make a habit of covering their stomach with corsets or their legs with long socks etc. Could you wear something that covers your arms? A bolero/shrug sort of deal, something like this? https://goo.gl/images/b5rnnx If they ask you could say that you have tattoos that you don't want to be recognized or just that it's cold.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Procrasturbator For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,555 Times in 1,446 Posts
    My Mood
    Flirty

I have bad eczema - face, hands, thighs and butt. I used to be reeeeally self conscious of it. But now I dgaf. Only 1 person has ever commented on it on cam and I've been doing this for ~7 years.

I've used Dermablend, MakeUpForever, KVD, and I liked DB the best.

Good lighting helps so much. Daylight from a big window if you can, if not daylight bulbs or pink bulbs are the next best thing.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLavender View Post
    And I agree with the "what r u in the mood for" I want to say "well actually I want to go to bed but I need to pay my electric bill so lets just go pvt so I can fake being turned on by a close up of ur penis on ur cam and get this over with"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to HaydenBlue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,608 Times in 450 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

If you have pale skin and you set your camera to make you look even paler sometimes it washes out the marks a little bit. I used to do that with my butt acne (sexy, I know) and nobody EVER said anything about it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sovereignv For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,012 Times in 254 Posts
    My Mood
    Sleepy

Not related to covering, but you should check your vitamin D levels. Psoriasis can be influenced by low levels of D3, because that's the vitamin responsible for skin immunity. Even if you get enough sunlight, you can still be deficient.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to euro_princess For This Useful Post:

Thanks

WOW!!! Considering I have an addiction to isolation, this means a lot, Thanks so much for the info!!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to inevitableswimming For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I totally empathize as I get psoriasis as well, the dermatologist has turned me into a corticosteroid addict but that's a different post, haha.

I don't like removing my arm hair, but am very self conscious about it, and here has been my workaround, forever and ever:

https://www.amazon.com/Ayliss-Fishne...fishnet+gloves

Also I use dermablend, etc., for other things, but in my experience, since it is an oil-based product, it can exacerbate skin conditions. Trying to cover that kind of stuff with makeup will get you into a vicious cycle of making it worse with makeup, then using even MORE makeup to hide what you are already complicating....

Also try Cyberlink YouCam, it's a cam splitter with a "skin smoothener" effect that acts like one of those auto-makeup photo filters people use on Instagram, but in real time.... It actually works pretty good.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JenniTS For This Useful Post: