Thread: Anyone else sew?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty

Default Anyone else sew?

I just got a new sewing machine for Christmas but I haven't really used it yet but I want to make me some sexy shirts ( low cut stuff) or outfits to cam in? Anyone else make their clothes for camming in? Sewing or any other way? Just looking for some ideas and would love to see some pictures of stuff you have made too if possible?

I am planning on cloning one of my fav shirts that accentuates my boobs but I've looked around to try and find patterns but it is sooooo hard to find sexy patterns ( as in shirts that are really low cut). I guess I could always alter the neckline but I am just now getting back into sewing so I still have to learn how to alter a pattern without screwing it up...lol. Anyone know where I can find sexy patterns too?

Anyways, please share ideas, pictures, pattern sites or sewing blogs with sexy patterns that would be good for camming!
    Last edited by Girly_Girl; 05-17-2018 at 09:55 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Girly_Girl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Re: Anyone else sew?

Get something cheap you like, take it apart to make a pattern.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SophieEmerson For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty

Quote Originally Posted by SophieEmerson View Post
    Get something cheap you like, take it apart to make a pattern.
    Good idea! thank u

Thanks
    Thanked 4,133 Times in 1,155 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

You could get some super satin fabric and try to figure out how to turn it into sexy panties (it's harder than you'd think, since high-shine fabric usually doesn't stretch much, if at all). If you succeeded, you could start a cam girl focused etsy. Those super-shiny-panty fetishists don't understand how hard it is to find the panties they like so much!
    Quote Originally Posted by temptingmodel
    "dont worry, its slow for other models today"
    I'm not other models, its not slow.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Magical_Hoohah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty

Quote Originally Posted by Magical_Hoohah View Post
    You could get some super satin fabric and try to figure out how to turn it into sexy panties (it's harder than you'd think, since high-shine fabric usually doesn't stretch much, if at all). If you succeeded, you could start a cam girl focused etsy. Those super-shiny-panty fetishists don't understand how hard it is to find the panties they like so much!
    I like that idea! Didnt even think about that! I've been planning on opening an etsy store on other things but u REALLY have me thinking now! thank u

Your right about satin being hard to sew too, I sewed my own wedding dress but it was many years ago!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Girly_Girl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Costume patterns are usually a bit sexier, maybe that will help? I'd definitely advice taking a pattern drafting class if you can, it will change your life in terms of sewing! I went to school for it, but don't really sew for camming because its just cheaper to buy stuff. I am very tempted by the panty idea though!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to naomi_doll For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty

Quote Originally Posted by naomi_doll View Post
    Costume patterns are usually a bit sexier, maybe that will help? I'd definitely advice taking a pattern drafting class if you can, it will change your life in terms of sewing! I went to school for it, but don't really sew for camming because its just cheaper to buy stuff. I am very tempted by the panty idea though!
    I would LOVE to take pattern drafting but where can I find some classes for it? I think I've seen some on craftsy.com but I'm not sure how good they would be? Also I will check out costume patterns! I would love to make some corsets too but they would be a pain in the ass to get in and out of constantly!

I know what u mean about buying clothes would be easier but I am somewhat bbw (losing weight tho) but its so hard to find nice shirts for my size!

Thanks
    Thanked 17,017 Times in 4,661 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

I do not sew but I wish I did. I had so many opportunities as a teen to learn but I took auto shop instead. I wanted to be a unique snowflake.

I can cut up a t-shirt like nobodies business. Look on youtube and Pinterest for diy sexy tshirt designs. Maybe you can improve on the patterns if you got skills. Some of them are really good too. I have a few lingerie pieces for cam but most are just cut up t-shirts and panties.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PhatGirlDynomite!!! For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Quote Originally Posted by Girly_Girl View Post
    I would LOVE to take pattern drafting but where can I find some classes for it? I think I've seen some on craftsy.com but I'm not sure how good they would be? Also I will check out costume patterns! I would love to make some corsets too but they would be a pain in the ass to get in and out of constantly! I know what u mean about buying clothes would be easier but I am somewhat bbw (losing weight tho) but its so hard to find nice shirts for my size!
    Do you have any craft or fabric stores near you? They usually have classes, or a local college may let you audit a class for the summer.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to naomi_doll For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty

Do you have any craft or fabric stores near you? They usually have classes, or a local college may let you audit a class for the summer.
    We have a few like Michaels and hobby lobby but I will check with them and the colleges...thank u

Thanks

If you need to troubleshoot I unfortunately didn't take anything lingerie related because my school stopped offering the elective for it, but I have a diploma in fashion design and worked at a fabric store for a few years. Youtube has a lot of good stuff as well. I turned a bunch of scrap tshirts into bralettes and saved a ton of cash.

Most stores have a "dress block" patter that is super basic, this is a lot easier to alter than trying to draft from scratch. Get one, figure out your size, and make a version on thin cuttable plastic (like what stencils are made out of if you can find it, just something more sturdy than paper). Trace that on to butcher paper and alter to your desire (again, lots of tutorials of altering patterns on pinterest and youtube).

Buy a good stitch ripper if you don't already have a quality one, they are your best friend.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SophieEmerson For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold

Damn, I have a sewing machine at my parents home and actually took sewing classes for 1-2years when I was little (took lots of extra curricular activities back then- none of them enjoyable ))
    Didn t like it but I love seeing what others create.
    GinnyGold.com
    Follow me on Twitter
    Catocracy!! Yes!! Fellows, help the poor little pets w/o a home

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ginnyyy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I have a bad ass viking but never have time........

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MyrtleTheTurtle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Quote Originally Posted by MyrtleTheTurtle View Post
    I have a bad ass viking but never have time........
    Aww I'm so jealous! I had a pfaff but ended up messing it up. I'm using a super old singer right now.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to naomi_doll For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty

Quote Originally Posted by SophieEmerson View Post
    If you need to troubleshoot I unfortunately didn't take anything lingerie related because my school stopped offering the elective for it, but I have a diploma in fashion design and worked at a fabric store for a few years. Youtube has a lot of good stuff as well. I turned a bunch of scrap tshirts into bralettes and saved a ton of cash.

Most stores have a "dress block" patter that is super basic, this is a lot easier to alter than trying to draft from scratch. Get one, figure out your size, and make a version on thin cuttable plastic (like what stencils are made out of if you can find it, just something more sturdy than paper). Trace that on to butcher paper and alter to your desire (again, lots of tutorials of altering patterns on pinterest and youtube).

Buy a good stitch ripper if you don't already have a quality one, they are your best friend.
    Like the bralette idea, never thought about that one either but just googled it on youtube and found a lot of videos! Not sure what you mean buy "dress block" pattern tho? Will it say that on it or are you saying find one that would be good to alter?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Girly_Girl View Post
    Like the bralette idea, never thought about that one either but just googled it on youtube and found a lot of videos! Not sure what you mean buy "dress block" pattern tho? Will it say that on it or are you saying find one that would be good to alter?
    Its just like a basic ass boring dress idk how to explain it, fabric store employees should know what you're talking about if you phrase like that. Basically it's your base for any top or skirt you ever want to make.

From that you can change necklines, sleeves, fit, whatever. It's just nice having the base pattern as opposed to buying a million thin paper ones that fall apart (though seperate point on those ones, put iron on interfacing on the back if you really like one so it's still pinable but will last forever).

We need a cam hoe online sewing circle lol.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SophieEmerson For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Aww I'm so jealous! I had a pfaff but ended up messing it up. I'm using a super old singer right now.
    I learned on my grandmothers old factory singer...I loved it!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to MyrtleTheTurtle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,593 Times in 7,622 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

I love sewing, but have a hard time with it..
    Took it in college yrs ago, I still have my nice lefty scissors, threads, etc.
    Also many fabric scraps!

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post: