Thread: Vanilla job/nails issues!

Thanks

Default Vanilla job/nails issues!

I havenít tried auditioning in a while because I got a vanilla job that I ADORE recently. It pays solidly for a service industry job but I could DEFINITELY still use more money and still want to dance bc my audition attempt was really fun if not successful the first time (plus Iím getting married and that shit is expensive).

My issue is that my vanilla job is kind of strict about not having nail polish or acrylics. Some of the women I work with have nails anyway so I think I could get away with something smaller and more subtle. Do you have any recs for styles/length/color/shapes that could pass as natural if you arenít looking too closely but would still be enough as a dancer? When I get manicures I usually get long dramatic acrylics so idk how to navigate this in-between of passing at a vanilla job and still being polished and hireable.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jasminehex For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,969 Times in 1,100 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Default Re: Vanilla job/nails issues!

Depending on the club you could just have clean regular nails (plenty of girls go without acrylics) or use regular polish before your work shifts and remove it after.

A classic French works well at the club and looks natural during the day unless somebody is straight up inspecting your fingers. Generally nude-type polishes would pass at a vanilla job but they likely won't show up in the club at all so idk if there would be a point. You're probably limited to the more "regular" shapes (square, squoval, oval) as stilettos or coffins would be a dead giveaway of acrylics regardless of the polish color. Women with longer natural nails rarely have them in those shapes cause they just don't hold up structurally without width.

I'd probably focus on having the healthiest natural nails I could and draw attention to other areas if your vanilla job (which you would like to keep) says polish is a no go.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperJa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Blog Entries

Nails aren't a big deal. My nails are usually painted only with clear polish. You could also get press-on nails and just pop them off after each shift.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Winged Dinghy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

My vanilla job last year was strict on nail polish. I would stick to light colors; like a baby pink or a shimmery pearl white. I also second what SuperJa said, tan/beige/nude colors or stick to a classic french manicure.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SugarCookies For This Useful Post:

Featured Member Girl Anachronism's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,045 Times in 679 Posts

I’d say just get a short French mani- older guys always compliment me when I have my nails like that

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Girl Anachronism For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,865 Times in 514 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

I worked in a club where we were only allowed to have French manicures or some other classic color (pink, nude, red) and the older wealthy men loved the simplicity. Keep them square or oval and on the shorter side. As long as your nails are clean and polished it will look fine in the club.