Thread: How often do you go to work ?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

Duh How often do you go to work ?

.... HOW OFTEN DO U GUYS GO TO WORK?

OK I'M NGL. I TAKE FULL ADVANTAGE OF THIS OWN SCHEDLING SYSTEM. LIKE, SOMETIMES BARELY WORKING TWICE A WEEK.
    AND I PUT MYSELF DOWN FOR IT !!?? i mean, my rent is still paid, I have food in my fridge, but often times I find myself making plans to work and instead end up sunbathing on my balcony with my music blasting all night instead
    is this like.... a bad thing?
    its like whenever I tell my "regular job" friends , they just say LUCKY. I WISH I COULD DO THAT.
    ...but you know I also worked a "regular job" for a loooong time (well my first job ever at 16 was a sign waver in a statue of liberty costume LMFAO. I worked as a mcdonalds cashier for 2 years, then a target Starbucks barista for a year, both underpaid 40 hours a week jobs). SO WHEN I SKIP YET ANOTHER DAY OF WORK, I FEEL JUST LIKE A LAZY BUM. BUT SHOULD I ?!

I MEAN i'm not at the club 5 days a week, but when I am there, I usually stay open to close. and make gr8 $.

SO IS THERE ANYONE ELSE LIKE ME? SHOULD I CHANGE MYSELF? ANY TIPS TO GET OFF MY BUTT TO WORK? OR DO U SAY, ENJOY YOURSELF YOLO. THE MONEY CAN WAIT.

just wondering hhahaah.

Last edited by Ladycaxe; 06-16-2018 at 07:41 AM. Reason: tmi

Thanks

Default Re: How often do you go to work ?

My goal is 3 times a week. Sometimes I only go twice but make up for it by working 4 days the next week. Sometimes i just take a week or two off so I can go on a trip or do something fun. The freedom is definately my favorite part of the job! Sometimes it even works in my favor like yeah at times I skip work to go do fun stuff but then there are other times where i'm like well I have nothing else going on and i'm bored so let me go make some extra money tonight. I wouldn't be able to just go in more often than I planned on at a regular job. Oh and I usually go in at around 7-9 and work until close which is 2 or 4 depending on which club and which day of the week.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Daniellaa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,407 Times in 1,810 Posts

I only work at the club once a week, but that's because I also have a full-time vanilla job. Before when my only income came from dancing, I think the most I ever worked in a week was 3 days. I just could never work more often than that. On average though, I was barely making it in twice a week, if that. Then I would go entire weeks and sometimes months before I would step foot into the club again. Honestly, it's not laziness. Dancing just takes alot out of me and I needed alot of recovery time because of burn-out.

You just have to find the right balance for you. It took me years to find the right balance for me. Working once a week or 3 days a month at the club is the perfect frequency for me so that I don't get burned out. If you feel good working 3 days a week and enjoying the rest of your time off, and you're able to pay your bills and live comfortably, then that's awesome! I don't see the problem. Don't feel guilty for not working 5 days a week like the folks in typical jobs. Stripping in one night is equivalent to working 3 vanilla job days in terms of expending your energy for money. At least that's how it feels to me, and I have a physically demanding vanilla job.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ScarletKitten For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Daniellaa View Post
    My goal is 3 times a week. Sometimes I only go twice but make up for it by working 4 days the next week. Sometimes i just take a week or two off so I can go on a trip or do something fun. The freedom is definately my favorite part of the job! Sometimes it even works in my favor like yeah at times I skip work to go do fun stuff but then there are other times where i'm like well I have nothing else going on and i'm bored so let me go make some extra money tonight. I wouldn't be able to just go in more often than I planned on at a regular job. Oh and I usually go in at around 7-9 and work until close which is 2 or 4 depending on which club and which day of the week.
    YUP thats usually something I'll do. twice a week, then four times haha. well I love that I'm not alone own on this , thx for you reply <33333

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ScarletKitten View Post
    I only work at the club once a week, but that's because I also have a full-time vanilla job. Before when my only income came from dancing, I think the most I ever worked in a week was 3 days. I just could never work more often than that. On average though, I was barely making it in twice a week, if that. Then I would go entire weeks and sometimes months before I would step foot into the club again. Honestly, it's not laziness. Dancing just takes alot out of me and I needed alot of recovery time because of burn-out.

You just have to find the right balance for you. It took me years to find the right balance for me. Working once a week or 3 days a month at the club is the perfect frequency for me so that I don't get burned out. If you feel good working 3 days a week and enjoying the rest of your time off, and you're able to pay your bills and live comfortably, then that's awesome! I don't see the problem. Don't feel guilty for not working 5 days a week like the folks in typical jobs. Stripping in one night is equivalent to working 3 vanilla job days in terms of expending your energy for money. At least that's how it feels to me, and I have a physically demanding vanilla job.

right. like I feel so physically tired after a day or two of work ;'0
    YOUR REPLY JUST MADE MY DAY. no more guilt. honestly after asking several 9-5'ers who give me that LUCKY U ! reply,i knew I had to come to a place where I'd get replies from other girls like me. I def agree tho. thanks !!!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

I might think about getting a "vanilla" job .I live in Vegas, theres so many waitress/ bartending oppurtunities here! I wonder if I could be a bottle girl. sounds fun and less laborsome then bartending lol. did I use vanilla right ? xD

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

*** LOOKS UP BOTTLE GIRL JOBS. WHATS UP W ALL THESE JOBS SAYING U HAVE TO MAINTAIN SOCIAL MEDIA? literally just quit all that shit. ugh, and theres always a reason I love the pole

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladycaxe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ScarletKitten View Post

what made u decide to get a "vanilla job" ?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

3 times

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Elle:) For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I had some weeks I worked 5-6 days, and others I worked 1-2. Depended on my mood, regulars and life in general.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to lovelydancer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

good point. there was def a period where I was working 5-6 a week but it's been a while, that was during the beginning. I want to get there again ! but I'm sure mood and "life in general" def affects that

those 5-6 days a week, I literally had NOTHING better to do. LMAO. didn't even have my own apt, kicked out from parents and living a airbnb hostel LMFAO.
    Now a days I'm a lot more settled ( left LA to Vegas, couldn't deal w high rent and terrible roommates. have my studio apt and couldn't be happier) so I tend to take more days off, and earn generally more than I did when I first started a year ago :p

...I got a small amount of debt to pay off so I'll def get grinding again soon. my lease back in LA barely ended like 1.5 weeks ago, so I'm feeling a lot more free since I'm no longer paying two rents xD

Quote Originally Posted by lovelydancer View Post
    I had some weeks I worked 5-6 days, and others I worked 1-2. Depended on my mood, regulars and life in general.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladycaxe For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This is soooooo relatable �� I mean it comes in waves so sometimes I’ll work 4 days a week consistently for a few months, but lately I’ve been working maybe twice a week but still making really good $ so I find it hard to motivate myself LOL.

It’s exactly like you said too, I’ll have bills paid and everything and get ready to go to work, but then I’ll just end up cooking and reading and relaxing ��

Mostly what motivates me is i’ll just tell myself to go and try to break my previous goals, or I’ll tell myself “if you go in and make X amount, then buy yourself something nice that you wouldn’t usually”

You’re not alone!! ❤️��

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lanadelwasted For This Useful Post:

Thanks

3-5 times a week.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to babb For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

4 days a week on average.

When you say you are there from open to close, do you mean you are pulling double shifts? If so, that's not bad, it's equal to 4 days a week. I wish I had the energy to pull off double shifts so I could only work 2 or 3 days and take the rest of the week off.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarCookies For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I prefer to only work Friday and Saturday but I occasionally get in trouble for that at my home club lol... So I honestly prefer 2-3 days of stripping. Occasionally 4. But 5 or more days a week definitely leads to extreme burnout for me. And when I am traveling I aim to work at least 4 days a week.

At some clubs I don't mind working a lot (5+ days) others hitting that 4+ minimum while traveling is rough as fuck. And then some entire states are completely fucked in my honest opinion LOL.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to random stripper For This Useful Post:

Thanks

When i first started out, 4-5x a week. Now I'm lucky if I go once a week. Last time I went to the club was almost 2 weeks ago.
    I've been REALLY procrastinating and I need to stop.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to StassiMarie For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member chocolatebombshell's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep

I applaud the ladies getting it at like 3+ a week! Lol! Itís been so long for me that Iíve worked a FULL week. At this point,I work once a week or sometimes just once a month. Iíd love to get back to those 5-6 days and even going in SUPER early;and pulling a double! And I feel like every week I say Iím going to work...but I never make it. Lol. *sigh*

29. The Following User Says Thank You to chocolatebombshell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty

I recently restarted about a month ago. I have been working 5 days a week but now that most colleges are out and the club has lots of dancers I have cut it back to 2 to 3 days a week. I will go back to 5 days + when the vacationers (we call them Benny's in S. Jersey) are here.

Thanks

Once a week usually, sometimes none, sometimes twice a week but I also have a vanilla job.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,971 Times in 1,100 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Our club has a mandatory 3 shifts so I do the three. Sometimes I do more but most of the time I don't feel like it and honestly it's good to have that "must do 3" thing to kick my ass haha... usually I'll go in Monday cause it's a slow shift with few girls and then it forces me to pick two more (typically fri + sat but depends on week).

Thanks

I have a full time day job. When I dance its one to two nights, and some times 3 if there is a special event.
    I HIGHLY recommend having another job, keeps you sane, keeps your resume from having gaps, proof if income etc etc etc

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gelsey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Blog Entries

^^^Truth! I enjoy dancing so much more now that it's not my only gig. I work two or three shifts a week, more often two!

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Winged Dinghy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,407 Times in 1,810 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gelsey View Post
    I HIGHLY recommend having another job, keeps you sane, keeps your resume from having gaps, proof if income etc etc etc
    Exactly this.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to ScarletKitten For This Useful Post: