Thread: Iphone or Android?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty

Default Iphone or Android?

I am looking to buy a new unlocked phone that will be used only for work and promoting myself. I will also be using it to do some texting, snap chat and instagram. I've been using a cheap crappy phone that I only paid $20 for but it keeps freezing on me and its slow as hell!

My personal phone is a samsung8 plus. I was thinking about going with an iphone since seems like a lot of things come out on an iphone first (like the streamate app) Also I was thinking that there was an app that I could stream from thats only available if u have an iphone but I cant remember which one it was now ;(

I've been looking at maybe an iphone 5 cause I can get them for around $100. Would the iphone 5 be a decent phone and can I even still get updates on the i5? Or would I be be able to get an android with better specs for the same amount of money?

Opinions?
    Last edited by Girly_Girl; 05-28-2018 at 11:12 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,918 Times in 5,296 Posts

Default Re: Iphone or Android?

iPhone, I love mine!
    The future is stigma free.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Marina Starr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,067 Times in 7,835 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

I have always had Android phones

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

I would definitely say iOS is the way to go. They are much faster and they tend to mess up a lot less. I have had the same iphone for years without problems, but if I got an android from the same year within a year or two the battery wouldn't hold charge and I'd have a lot of apps crashing and etc. Honestly the only benefit of an android is that the hardware isn't "locked down" so you can download third party apps more easily and fully customize the home screen and buttons and things like that. But it's kind of a toss up because it's a lot easier to get viruses and malware as well. However, if I were you I would definitely spring for at least a 6 or 7 if you're going to be doing heavy things like streaming and recording videos. The 7s in particular has a very noticable difference in fluidity and speed. I absolutely adore mine. My girlfriend has the 5s and it can pretty much do everything that my 7 can do BUT when you try to do stuff like streaming and etc there is a HUGE difference in speed and it can get to be a headache. You can find them unlocked on eBay or other sites for pretty cheap. I got mine from this app called Mercari where people sell their used and old stuff for cheap.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to baii For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty

Quote Originally Posted by baii View Post
    I would definitely say iOS is the way to go. They are much faster and they tend to mess up a lot less. I have had the same iphone for years without problems, but if I got an android from the same year within a year or two the battery wouldn't hold charge and I'd have a lot of apps crashing and etc. Honestly the only benefit of an android is that the hardware isn't "locked down" so you can download third party apps more easily and fully customize the home screen and buttons and things like that. But it's kind of a toss up because it's a lot easier to get viruses and malware as well. However, if I were you I would definitely spring for at least a 6 or 7 if you're going to be doing heavy things like streaming and recording videos. The 7s in particular has a very noticable difference in fluidity and speed. I absolutely adore mine. My girlfriend has the 5s and it can pretty much do everything that my 7 can do BUT when you try to do stuff like streaming and etc there is a HUGE difference in speed and it can get to be a headache. You can find them unlocked on eBay or other sites for pretty cheap. I got mine from this app called Mercari where people sell their used and old stuff for cheap.
    I have money on amazon tho So I am trying to use the money I have there ;(
    Last edited by Girly_Girl; 05-28-2018 at 01:50 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,705 Times in 847 Posts
    My Mood
    Busy

I always had androids and liked them, said never would pay more than 2k on a phone, but mine got robbed last week and my husband bought me an iphone 6 S and in the beginning i hated all the passwords and creditcards it requests, but now, one week later, i am amazed with it and wouldnt go back to an android if i can choose not to.
    Visit my site for live shows, sexting and phone calls: http://queensinclair.com
    twitter: @sinclairsylvy

The only and best skype fetish Cam listing: www.myfetishcamgirls.com

@myfetishcam

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SylvySinclair For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty

Also would 16gb be enough storage with an iphone?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,585 Times in 1,635 Posts

I use to always get Androids but once my sis got me an Ipod for Christmas I was hooked on Apple. Android is great and it has good usability but I have to say that Apples usability is better (at least as far as phones). I had the Iphone 5s (got it from Amazon) and then I sold it to upgrade to the 6 however my mom ended up giving me her 6s plus. So yea Apple all the way.

16 is good if you don't do alot on your phone. I mainly only use my phone to listen to music. So 16 is fine for me because I barely take pictures, I still have alot of space. There's also icloud storage so even if you fill up the 16gigs you can always get more storage via icloud.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

iPhone's are great , I've used them over the last 6 years solidly, extremely reliable but can't comment too much on the updates for the iPhone 5 as over time they stop issuing updates for the older models, something to consider as the new products will probably being released later this year... So I guess it depends if you can spend a little more for a newer iPhone or simply get an android as you suggested.

Providing you are just using the iPhone for work, I also think 16GB would be enough, it's just when you have music, loads of apps etc when it can be difficult. But for pictures, snapchat etc it won't be a problem at all.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaya_x For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty

What happens once an iphone model cant be updated anymore...anyone know? I'm looking at the iphone 6 but I googled when the updates will end and its saying that they will stop updating in 2019 ;(

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Girly_Girl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,802 Times in 546 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Girly_Girl View Post
    What happens once an iphone model cant be updated anymore...anyone know? I'm looking at the iphone 6 but I googled when the updates will end and its saying that they will stop updating in 2019 ;(
    some apps will not be available or update is what i experienced in the past. it will run a tad slower.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Erika_Xstacy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,166 Times in 445 Posts

What's your budget?

Here's the thing: Most Android phones suck because of the OEMs, who don't keep their phones updated.

So, if you take the Android route and don't want to get into rooting and custom ROMs, try the Pixel 2 by Google.

It's an amazing phone, gets the latest updates from Google for 2 years and, since it's the iPhone of Google, be assured it's super easy to load ROMs to it.

Also, its build quality is superb! I have one, LOVE IT!

If you decide to go iPhone, try looking for an older model like the iPhone 7 or 7 plus. I STRONGLY suggest you make the iPhone 7 your bare minimum option because of longevity.

128GB should be enough. The lowest capacity is 32GB, which is not bad but I'd prefer to pick at least 128GB because of the content recording part.

Disregard the iPhone X, it's not worth it and it breaks with ease. So does the iPhone 8.
    Camming PC specs database and suggested builds HERE.||Post your internet speedtest results HERE.||Wanna stay safe while camming? Find out how HERE||My Twitter!||My cammodels link||Member of the verified Camgirls group

19. The Following User Says Thank You to KarinaGiselle For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Camming PC specs database and suggested builds HERE.||Post your internet speedtest results HERE.||Wanna stay safe while camming? Find out how HERE||My Twitter!||My cammodels link||Member of the verified Camgirls group

21. The Following User Says Thank You to KarinaGiselle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty

Quote Originally Posted by KarinaGiselle View Post
    What's your budget?

Here's the thing: Most Android phones suck because of the OEMs, who don't keep their phones updated.

So, if you take the Android route and don't want to get into rooting and custom ROMs, try the Pixel 2 by Google.

It's an amazing phone, gets the latest updates from Google for 2 years and, since it's the iPhone of Google, be assured it's super easy to load ROMs to it.

Also, its build quality is superb! I have one, LOVE IT!

If you decide to go iPhone, try looking for an older model like the iPhone 7 or 7 plus. I STRONGLY suggest you make the iPhone 7 your bare minimum option because of longevity.

128GB should be enough. The lowest capacity is 32GB, which is not bad but I'd prefer to pick at least 128GB because of the content recording part.

Disregard the iPhone X, it's not worth it and it breaks with ease. So does the iPhone 8.
    didn't see this till after I ordered mine ;( I ended up getting an iphone 6s tho cause I didnt want to spend more than $200 but I checked before ordering and mine should be ok till 2020. Hopefully buy then I will have some saved up for a better one next time!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty

I ended up buying an iphone 6s off of amazon. it's my FIRST iphone EVER. I bought it hoping that I could use it just on wi fi like I did with another android I had just for snap chat and texting but when I turn on my iphone, it keeps asking me to insert a sim card? It will not let me go any further. Does that mean I am going to have to pay a monthly fee just to use the iphone?

I've always had androids so I am clueless but I have 2 different androids that let me just use wi fi with them. I am already paying $125 a month thru verizon so I really didn't want a 2nd phone bill right now...lol

any suggestions please?

Also if I do end up having to pay a monthly fee, who would be the cheapest? I bought a phone that is fully unlocked.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,743 Times in 1,349 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

Default Re: anyone else use a iphone on just wi fi for work related stuff?

I ended up buying an iphone 6s off of amazon. it's my FIRST iphone EVER. I bought it hoping that I could use it just on wi fi like I did with another android I had just for snap chat and texting but when I turn on my iphone, it keeps asking me to insert a sim card? It will not let me go any further. Does that mean I am going to have to pay a monthly fee just to use the iphone?

I've always had androids so I am clueless but I have 2 different androids that let me just use wi fi with them. I am already paying $125 a month thru verizon so I really didn't want a 2nd phone bill right now...lol

any suggestions please?
    If you literally type in "iphone use wifi for calling without sim card" this is the first result https://mashtips.com/calls-on-iphone-without-sim-card/
    Not to be rude, but perhaps doing some research before spending money on something you have no idea will serve the purpose it's intended for would be a decent use of your time.
    "What do you do for work bb?"

I <3 Daily Pay & so will you! Sign up here!

Thanks

any suggestions please?

Also if I do end up having to pay a monthly fee, who would be the cheapest? I bought a phone that is fully unlocked.
    Just pop any sim card you have into it and set it up. Afterwards you can pull out the Sim card.

Another option could be a prepaid sim card, they're usually cheap.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty

Quote Originally Posted by KarinaGiselle View Post
    Just pop any sim card you have into it and set it up. Afterwards you can pull out the Sim card.

Another option could be a prepaid sim card, they're usually cheap.
    thank u, thats what I was wondering! Didn't know if it had to be for an iphone or if any sim card (say from an android ) would work or not!

Just tried it tho and the sim card is too big ;(

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty

Quote Originally Posted by caramelcraze View Post
    If you literally type in "iphone use wifi for calling without sim card" this is the first result https://mashtips.com/calls-on-iphone-without-sim-card/
    Not to be rude, but perhaps doing some research before spending money on something you have no idea will serve the purpose it's intended for would be a decent use of your time.
    I did do alot of research before I bought it but as I mentioned earlier in the post I have NEVER owned an iphone. Also while the article does mention that you can use the phone without out a sim card, you do have to have one to set it up.

Plus the last phone I bought to use just on wi fi came with a sim card, never bought time for it and was able to use it on wi fi. Guess the iphone didnt come with a sim card cause it was a refurbished phone.....idk

Thanks
    Thanked 5,743 Times in 1,349 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

I did do alot of research before I bought it but as I mentioned earlier in the post I have NEVER owned an iphone. Also while the article does mention that you can use the phone without out a sim card, you do have to have one to set it up.

Plus the last phone I bought to use just on wi fi came with a sim card, never bought time for it and was able to use it on wi fi. Guess the iphone didnt come with a sim card cause it was a refurbished phone.....idk
    they're $5 on amazon.
    "What do you do for work bb?"

I <3 Daily Pay & so will you! Sign up here!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to caramelcraze For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty

thank u but I finally found one, my samsung 8 was the same size that I needed and I was able to set it up

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty

so......I am trying to set up my iphone and like I mentioned before, its only going to be used for snap chat, instagram, twitter and stuff like that (just work related stuff) I made my apple id and stuff but now its asking for a credit card? Wondering how secure is it? Would it be ok to use my regular credit card or would I be better off going to get a prepaid debit card for setting it up? I guess either way I will have to put my real name on the phone which is what I was trying to avoid but I guess it is what it is....but I never had to do all of this with my other work phone....lol.

Seriously tho, could guys hack into my phone and get my real name or credit card info? I am not so much worried about them getting my credit card info as I am about getting my real name tho? Sorry for asking so many questions but I had a stalker when I first started camming and it was no fun..

Thanks

It's normal.

Your personal info won't be shared with other apps unless you explicitly write it down on them, so don't worry

The credit card is for purchases in the app store.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KarinaGiselle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,284 Times in 5,431 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

I'm on my 5th Android phone, so I really have nothing to compare it to.
    I love it!
    Samsung.
    I DO know that all my friends, and even my sister have iPhones, and they are constantly having issues.
    Just the luck of the draw, I guess.
    * I still use 2 of my Android Samsung phones to use the internet.
    And the pictures and video quality is great!. I found a few apps that make them look amazing! Special effects for my vids too.
    If it's not broke, don't fix it, is my motto.

"NEVER CAST YOUR PEARLS BEFORE SWINE."