Thread: Next Steps for Dancing in IL

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent

Search Next Steps for Dancing in IL

SO I wanted to do an update on the progress I have on dancing! I've been able to buy my Pleasers and have my first three outfits ready!

I've been thinking a lot about how I want to go in and ask about the audition process and all of that, and I thought about calling on the phone to possible talk to a manager. However, I read on some threads that it's sometimes a bartender who picks up the phone and don't know any info or they tell you something completely wrong. I also got really nervous about calling..

My plan is to now go in next week when I get paid and see what it's like. I'm 21 now, so I can legally go into a club, and I figured this is the best way to do it since it would allow for me to feel out the club, see what the demographic of dancers are, how they dress, get some dances and ask questions, etc. and talk to the manager in person. Kill several birds with one stone!

I think the only thing left on the list is to get my vulva waxed before the audition date and get some last minute dance bag essentials, and then I'm all set! I'm hoping to have a club solidified before the end of June so I can truly work this summer! I've been thinking a lot about investing in some classes because I've practiced at home in my mirror, but transitions are rough. How do you get off the floor without looking like an old man getting out of a chair? lol

P.S. I haven't been able to find any articles that talk about what banks are good to deposit your money in. I follow a lot of Sex Workers, and one woman talked about how one bank (maybe Chase?) locked her account due to a "suspicious amount of money" being deposited when she got paid by a client. She said they locked her out and everything, and she eventually switched to Citibank because they're more SW friendly. Any advice on the best bank for your money?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Next Steps for Dancing in IL

I actually think you're over-prepared.

I wouldn't spend any more money on outfits, shoes, classes, dance bag stuff, waxing, dances, etc. until you're turning a profit. You only need one pair of shoes and one outfit to start. Working your first shift will tell you more about the job and its requirements than anything else. At some point, preparation becomes procrastination, and you just have to bite the bullet and audition.

As far as banks, I just use my regular local bank and it's never been an issue.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Winged Dinghy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent

I read about some people being hired and then being asked to start right away, so I wanted to make sure I had everything.

You're right; I've been overthinking it a lot and wanted to be safe rather than sorry, along with actually standing a chance up there. It is time for me to just go in and do it.

Also thank you for the bank info!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel_Kitteneque For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I wouldn’t go in as a customer, I would just go in to apply and possibly audition if they ask you to. I mean, if you are super nervous you could go in but I would keep a low profile (maybe go in with a male friend that you trust). Also, if you have never gotten waxed before, I wouldn’t. It’s not that conducive to dancing; you get red, ingrowns, your hair grows back pretty fast, and you have to let it grow out a bit to get waxed again. Shaving is cheaper and you can be clean shaven all the time/dancing days. Your dance skills will sharpen when you start dancing, I wouldn’t worry too much about them. Good luck!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cede For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Also, banks are not going to care if you deposit money (unless itís $10k plus in cash). You can use any bank you want, they donít ask questions. But if you are going to leave a paper trail of your earnings (ie. depositing it into the bank) be sure to keep track of your daily earnings and file taxes on it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cede For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent

Quote Originally Posted by cede View Post
    I wouldn’t go in as a customer, I would just go in to apply and possibly audition if they ask you to. I mean, if you are super nervous you could go in but I would keep a low profile (maybe go in with a male friend that you trust). Also, if you have never gotten waxed before, I wouldn’t. It’s not that conducive to dancing; you get red, ingrowns, your hair grows back pretty fast, and you have to let it grow out a bit to get waxed again. Shaving is cheaper and you can be clean shaven all the time/dancing days. Your dance skills will sharpen when you start dancing, I wouldn’t worry too much about them. Good luck!
    I want to thank you so much for this advice. I'm really thinking about just spending a day trying at some different clubs in a day. My biggest thing is I don't have a car, so I may rent one and look around! I have sensitive skin, and so that's why I was thinking about the wax instead of shaving, but if it's for the day, I will go for it. Thanks once again!