Thread: Is there a way to tell if Iím a potential boyfriend or just sugar daddy?

Thanks

Default Is there a way to tell if Iím a potential boyfriend or just sugar daddy?

Hey, I was dating a stripper before and Iíd pay for everything but only date type stuff, she never asked me for money. Then now Iím dating a stripper (I think). Itís just when we met, we had a date, but I sort of told her I didnít want anything serious, I said I can help her with money, if she comes to my place and dances for me, I would pay her. That happened once.
    Anyway things progressed, I donít know if she likes me or not, she asks for money, for clothes, shopping etc she comes to mine quite a bit, but to watch tv, eat my food and not dance, so I donít pay her. We are having sex. Ive met some of her family and friends, and we are going on vacation together. I just donít know what is real now? I guess she likes money, how can I tell if she likes me?
    Iím tempted to ask my ex if she knows her? I suppose if she said she does know her, then maybe she would know.
    I donít mind being a boyfriend (or potential boyfriend) who pays for things, but I donít want to be a sugar daddy. Except how do I know?

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Default Re: Is there a way to tell if Iím a potential boyfriend or just sugar daddy?

Quote Originally Posted by KryptoniteJo View Post
    Hey, I was dating a stripper before and I’d pay for everything but only date type stuff, she never asked me for money. Then now I’m dating a stripper (I think). It’s just when we met, we had a date, but I sort of told her I didn’t want anything serious, I said I can help her with money, if she comes to my place and dances for me, I would pay her. That happened once.
    Anyway things progressed, I don’t know if she likes me or not, she asks for money, for clothes, shopping etc she comes to mine quite a bit, but to watch tv, eat my food and not dance, so I don’t pay her. We are having sex. Ive met some of her family and friends, and we are going on vacation together. I just don’t know what is real now? I guess she likes money, how can I tell if she likes me?
    I’m tempted to ask my ex if she knows her? I suppose if she said she does know her, then maybe she would know.
    I don’t mind being a boyfriend (or potential boyfriend) who pays for things, but I don’t want to be a sugar daddy. Except how do I know?
    Can you afford the way you're living with her now? Is it breaking your bank? If not, and you're having fun, then who cares what it's called. All relationships are transactional in nature. Sometimes the transaction is cash or things, other times its experiences or emotions. Regardless, if you're having fun, just go with it. If she wasn't interested in you at all, she wouldn't be hanging out with you. Don't overthink it. Have fun, enjoy yourself, and you'll be fine.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Titus23 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Re: Is there a way to tell if Iím a potential boyfriend or just sugar daddy?

Thank you. I know, you’re right. Never had a girlfriend good with money anyway and I do believe all relationships are transactional like you say.

Featured Member Girl Anachronism's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,158 Times in 706 Posts

I’d say no. Spoiling a gf doesn’t make you a sugar daddy. Where I’m from this just sounds like a typical relationship to me.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Girl Anachronism For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,335 Times in 5,853 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

Dude you met her family n shit.......

sugar relationships tend to keep their personal lives separate

Lol @ "she comes to my house to watch my tv and eat my food"

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,351 Times in 889 Posts

Please use a bigger font next time ....

Ok, usually I'd say, after a complex calculation, I've come up with a figure of 100% that you are a POT sugar daddy. However, it really goes like this: Dancers are generally going to be very transactional in order to make a living. The more money they get from patrons, the better living they make.

In my experience, if money enters into it, you have already put her mind in "work mode" and it is very hard to get out of that. And all of us have dated dancers, that doesn't mean you have a golden boyfriend pass for the rest of your life.

If you really like her, try to disrupt the transaction and see where it goes. If she wants to go further, she will. Be prepared for the ghost or the "I had to wash my hair" though.
    Where am I? Roma

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bahuba For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You're not a sugar daddy but I think you mean to ask "is this girl just using me and acting interested in me/having sex with me because I give her money and things?" In that case i don't know, nobody on here knows what she's all about. If being with a girl who likes what you give her more than she actually likes you bothers you, you're gonna have to just get a feel for it yourself and trust your own judgement with her.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Daniellaa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Sounds like it is somewhere in the middle.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thehester2 For This Useful Post: