Thread: Is he trying to scam me?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty

Default Is he trying to scam me?

So a guy messages me on skype and says this :

I have one offer to make you more customers, instantly. may I tell you the details

I have website with 10.000 users daily...it is related to photos of sexy girls, selfies, etc...I sell space for ads, and I wish you to offer you to place your banner at the top of the site for free...that way you guaranteed get a lot of new customers. banner will be linked to your skyprivate profile

I asked him, whats the catch?

no catch you can give me one your photo, to create banner ad and you can write some text
    you can put something like - "hot sexy show on skype - 1$ per min - click here"
    and I will link this to your profile

So I am thinking, he was just trying to get a free nude pic or something? So I asked for his website and he tells me its https://besthotselfies.com/

then he tells me this:
    I wish you to have benefits and it is just lets say 2 mins for me

Which I wouldn't mind doing that cause he said he would put me a banner at the top but Idk....something seems a little fishy to me? I went to the site and at the top of the site there are 2 green buttons that say to ckick on to prove u are over 18 but the bottom button gives a security warning???

Screenshot 2018-06-04 08.41.02.jpgScreenshot 2018-06-04 08.41.20.jpg

Pretty sure its a scam to get a free show? Plus wanted to warn other girls or newbies too!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Girly_Girl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 17,229 Times in 4,724 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

Default Re: Is he trying to scam me?

He's a shady affiliate that you should ban right away. Whats his skype name so we can all blacklist him.

1.Reputable affiliates wont hit you up on skype as first contact.
    2. If they were really getting 10,000 hits a day he wouldn't need to contact models on skype.
    3. That website is garbage and filled with juicyads. You'd think they would also sell virus protection based on all the malware their business partners are serving up.

No one should ever ask for your time for free.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to PhatGirlDynomite!!! For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Scam!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thehester2 For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,944 Times in 1,166 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

omg that website! Should rename it to Bestscamselfies There is even a tab for Real Girls I dye
    "In the future, there will be no female leaders. There will just be leaders." - Sheryl Sandberg

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeepThoughts For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty

Quote Originally Posted by PhatGirlDynomite!!! View Post
    He's a shady affiliate that you should ban right away. Whats his skype name so we can all blacklist him.

1.Reputable affiliates wont hit you up on skype as first contact.
    2. If they were really getting 10,000 hits a day he wouldn't need to contact models on skype.
    3. That website is garbage and filled with juicyads. You'd think they would also sell virus protection based on all the malware their business partners are serving up.

No one should ever ask for your time for free.
    Thank u! His skype id is bole.one81

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Girly_Girl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,370 Times in 735 Posts
    My Mood
    Buzzed

Lol, when I read your question, in the main forum, in my head popped the "Yes, he does" phrase )) Omg ))))
    I mean, i didn't know what was about, just saw the question, got the answer popped in my head and i immediately started to laugh like an idiot ha ha ha.
    But yeah, reading the problem, my answer stays the same. I blocked him already.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,420 Times in 3,641 Posts
    My Mood
    Cynical

send him this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Red View Post
    Audritwo's asshole sees all, knows all. Spurs on armies of orcs. Casts fear into the dwindling races of Middle-Earth. Fears hobbits.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to audritwo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Def a scam.

I am a current cam girl in the process of phasing out of the industry at probably the end of the year and I want to give you a little piece of advice. When you send all these shady ' promoters' and affiliates your pics&vids, you lose control over them. When you upload it yourself. you can always delete your cam&social accounts and those pics will be gone. A decent cam site will honor dmca requests to delete your content. these shady guys do not because all they care about is $$$.

so a word of advice to anybody, be careful who you give the rights to your content. I am learning this the hard way now and while its not impossible to delete everything It takes months of hard word dmca-ing and threatening with lawsuits.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AuroraJade For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty

Quote Originally Posted by audritwo View Post
    send him this:
    lmao.......thank u for the laugh this morning!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraJade View Post
    Def a scam.

I am a current cam girl in the process of phasing out of the industry at probably the end of the year and I want to give you a little piece of advice. When you send all these shady ' promoters' and affiliates your pics&vids, you lose control over them. When you upload it yourself. you can always delete your cam&social accounts and those pics will be gone. A decent cam site will honor dmca requests to delete your content. these shady guys do not because all they care about is $$$.

so a word of advice to anybody, be careful who you give the rights to your content. I am learning this the hard way now and while its not impossible to delete everything It takes months of hard word dmca-ing and threatening with lawsuits.
    Makes sense, never thought about that but I didnt send him any pics thankfully. I ended up blocking him too!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Grumpy

I got invited to a Twitter group for cam models that work on the site I work on.

The guy was actually an affiliate marketer that DID have proven ties to the site on a corporate level so I trusted him somewhat. He offered to make me a profile on a reputable site to drive traffic to my room. Said he would have bots handle conversations for me and what my backstory was for that profile. I thought it was pretty harmless and a great way to increase my traffic and sales so I went with it.

A few months later I had to cancel the profile with him. I didn't realize his bot was telling these guys that I would meet with them and that I was essentially a drunk (which I'm not!). These guys were really taking this personally and getting fired up to meet and I would have to tell them I wouldn't meet and they were getting upset. Feelings were getting hurt, etc and I don't operate like that.

I thought he had pulled down the profile and realized he didn't when I had some guy come at me very aggressively. He was manipulative, condescending and most definitely a stalker. Red flags galore, I started looking over my shoulder when I left the house and couldn't sleep at night. This guy's behavior was nothing short of alarming. I couldn't ban him for some reason as well. I ended up having to report the guy to the site and report the affiliate for not removing my profile when asked. The profile got removed finally but that was a harrowing experience.

Had some random affiliate/promoter approached me, I would have turned it down. This was a lesson for sure - don't trust even people that have ties to the site.......

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CamChik For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

^Awesome! Cuz we don't have enough stalkers and delusional nutty buddies to start with. *eyeroll*
    You know what they say about the crazy ones........

"Experience is a brutal teacher,
    but you learn. My God, do you learn!"
    C.S. Lewis

General Pics:https://imageshack.com/user/inked_milf

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SweetJuliaXXX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty

Quote Originally Posted by CamChik View Post
    I got invited to a Twitter group for cam models that work on the site I work on.

The guy was actually an affiliate marketer that DID have proven ties to the site on a corporate level so I trusted him somewhat. He offered to make me a profile on a reputable site to drive traffic to my room. Said he would have bots handle conversations for me and what my backstory was for that profile. I thought it was pretty harmless and a great way to increase my traffic and sales so I went with it.

A few months later I had to cancel the profile with him. I didn't realize his bot was telling these guys that I would meet with them and that I was essentially a drunk (which I'm not!). These guys were really taking this personally and getting fired up to meet and I would have to tell them I wouldn't meet and they were getting upset. Feelings were getting hurt, etc and I don't operate like that.

I thought he had pulled down the profile and realized he didn't when I had some guy come at me very aggressively. He was manipulative, condescending and most definitely a stalker. Red flags galore, I started looking over my shoulder when I left the house and couldn't sleep at night. This guy's behavior was nothing short of alarming. I couldn't ban him for some reason as well. I ended up having to report the guy to the site and report the affiliate for not removing my profile when asked. The profile got removed finally but that was a harrowing experience.

Had some random affiliate/promoter approached me, I would have turned it down. This was a lesson for sure - don't trust even people that have ties to the site.......
    wow, that's awful but I know how u feel cause I had a crazy stalker several years ago when I was still new and its a scary feeling for sure!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Girly_Girl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

I agree. Be careful how you put yourself out there. Just look at the shady shit a reputable company like SM does, for example. The best advice in the industry is: dont give your trust to anybody. Not talking about cam girl friends but dont put your trust in anybody who approaches you with business opportunities.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AuroraJade For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 21,913 Times in 3,701 Posts

A Good affiliate ONLY cares about making money, not getting free skype shows.
    Did he send you a traffic report as to where he is getting that traffic? Not all traffic is good traffic

Yes, there is a need for affiliates to partner up with cam performers for promo material so we all can make more money. There are some great affiliates out there like FreeOnes, Rabbits Reviews, Boobster, Lanasbigboobs and such, who have been around a decade or more and have way more than 10,000 hits a day.

Always trust your instincts, there are plenty of affiliates out there to work with if one makes you feel weird, move onto the next one. I've found & helped guys become good affiliates in the past, so you can develop your own too.
    http://www.youtube.com/Samantha38GG Video blogs on Camming industry & how to succeed at camming.

Personality is the glitter that sends your little gleam across the footlights and the orchestra pit into that big black space where the audience is. Mae West

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sam38g For This Useful Post: