Thread: CosmoPayment

Thanks

Default CosmoPayment

Hi Everyone!

We just wanted to say that we are present and we would love to provide support moving forward!

We went through every post on the previous CosmoPay thread and want to highlight some of the posts that could use more detail (as we do not have the access to reply directly in that section).

SylvySinclair said: Cosmo is one of the Payoneer new companies.
    Cosmo Response: Not quite, Cosmo was created in the wake of the issues with FCP as a solution for its woes. We are not affiliated with Payoneer directly, although they are close partners who assisted in getting everything transferred over.

DeepThoughts said: Okay Im not freaking out cause they are saying this is a glitch and the company has been around for 10 years previously so given the recent influx of companies and clients signing up with them as a result of the FCP fiasco
    Cosmo Response: Close! While Cosmo is a new brand, we've actually been around for 18 years in the payments and card industry. Additionally, the maintenance to the secondary balance was never described as a glitch as there was a level of development being done, we will go further into details lower in this post.

KatM said: Cosmo blocks my money and i am stuck because u cant contact them and they wont fix their 'glitch' for a few days?! And how is this even a glitch with soo many performers having the money blocked BUT THEY GOT THEIR $3 out of my account as deposit fee???!! There is no glitch when it comes to take our money as fees but only when we need our funds available? The 'glitch' is a made up story i tell u ladies, i think they just use our money in between and this is infuriating, that's why i say they not reliable cause to me it looks like a practice to block our funds and not a one time glitch/ error cause of the system.
    Cosmo Response: We would never purposely restrict you from your funds for no reason. As aforementioned it was never described as a glitch but as maintenance as there were several moving parts that needed to be addressed, more info below. We would not use your funds interim, as a prepaid card provider we generate revenues by loading your card, not holding your money, therefore it is always in our best interest to make your money available to you asap.

KateBoleyn said:
    Not to add too much to the fire, but the list of demands they're sending to their business partners is getting bizarre and excessive.
    Cosmo Response: Indeed in recent days we requested the corporate documents of any affiliated European entities from our merchants, but this is not an unreasonable request. As a highly regulated financial product, our banks can at any time audit the corporate documents we hold on file and therefore in order to be prepared in advance we simply inquired as to whether you had this set up, and if we could provide assistance in getting this set up for you. Could you be more specific as to what you deemed to be bizarre and excessive?

Dahlia Fallon said:
    Yeah and they are like allergic to dms or something
    Cosmo Response: We try to get back to everyone everywhere, please let us know where you DM'ed us so we can pay closer attention, to our knowledge every avenue has been covered

PhatGirlDynomite!!! said: Their twitter feed is ridiculous. Copy paste. Copy paste. Occasionally someone gets "send us an email with more detail." Its a mess. I'm sorry you all are going through this.
    KatM said: Yes they just put in our names at the front of the same sentence so we feel they address us personally. Well, i do this when i send 'personal' messages to my members, same text i just change the name LOL. Seriously now, do they really think we are stupid or what?! Pathetic indeed, they say nothing in there just empty words.
    Cosmo Response: Indeed, much copy paste had to be done, but we have a good excuse! As soon as the secondary balance feature was back up and running we wanted to notify everyone as quickly as possible and not pick favorites. We do try to keep all of our responses as unique as possible, but when we have 50 or so time sensitive tweets that need to go out regarding the same situation, efficiency is king. We can assure you this was not done to be manipulative or because we thought anyone was stupid, it was purely to be as quick as possible to share the good news.

The secondary balance maintenance: What began as a regular maintenance eventually unfolded into a much longer development cycle as a number of things needed to be addressed in regards to the functionality and security of the secondary balance features. Every adjustment made in order to enhance the product required ongoing cooperation from Mastercard, processors and other involved parties and in turn affected the functionality of the CardPortal at some instances. Of course, this was not supposed to take as long as it did, and truthfully we expected it to be completed quickly, although we never had an exact timeline. In order to not provide misinformation we worked swiftly and diligently day and night to get everything back up and running asap. The security of your funds is our absolute top priority.

We know that technical jargon won't help rebuild the trust that was lost during this downtime, but we do wholeheartedly apologize for any inconveniences caused, and will absolutely try our best to be more clear regarding downtime and timelines moving forward.

We do wish we could have been present on StripperWeb during the last few weeks to provide quicker assistance, nonetheless we're here now if you have any additional questions

-Anthony CosmoPayment
    Last edited by CosmoPayment; 06-04-2018 at 12:13 PM. Reason: signature

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CosmoPayment For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Re: CosmoPayment

Hey cosmo, I just meant that (from my account at least, not sure about others) I can't DM you. Maybe they are switched off your end, or only for people you follow. I will stand corrected no probs as I don't use twitter enough to know all the ins and outs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dahlia Fallon View Post
    Hey cosmo, I just meant that (from my account at least, not sure about others) I can't DM you. Maybe they are switched off your end, or only for people you follow. I will stand corrected no probs as I don't use twitter enough to know all the ins and outs.
    Ah yes, you are absolutely right! We missed that, thank you for pointing it out, we have now changed the settings to allow for messages from anyone Thanks again!
    Last edited by CosmoPayment; 06-04-2018 at 12:12 PM. Reason: grammar

Thanks

Cracking. Here's hoping I never have reason to DM you

Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 983 Posts

Glad u here Cosmo/ Anthony
    So u got to read my feelings over the whole thing, yes i stand for what i said because u gave us no option but to speculate, right?
    Only later on u put a message there on site regarding "Secondary balance maintenance", why not sooner pls?
    We had no idea of what was going on and we freaked out cause some of us have bad experience with Epassporte in the past then FCP so we were thinking u'll scam us eventually.
    Pls next time if there is an issue put a message on site for all to see, nobody knew why the money went into secondary balance even the amount was not exceeding the Verified limits.
    Your service is new and people did not expect to have their funds blocked/ not available to them.
    No matter if maintenance or glitch, for us was the same, the result was out money were stuck in there.
    You dont wanna know what a horrible weekend and the following week i had after that friday as i was counting on that money.
    I liked Cosmo, i liked the fact i had the card, everything was perfect til i was not able to pull my money last last friday, now i am thinking if i should change my payment method back to Cosmo or play safe with Paxum.
    Guess u lost a lot of money as girls put a hold on their payments or changed payment method .... earn ur trust back pls, we are on all forums and twitter and we communicate to each other pretty well so if something happens, we do know/ find out
    All we want is communication and to be informed if there is an issue.
    All the best, thank you for reading

7. The Following User Says Thank You to KatM For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KatM View Post
    Glad u here Cosmo/ Anthony
    So u got to read my feelings over the whole thing, yes i stand for what i said because u gave us no option but to speculate, right?
    Only later on u put a message there on site regarding "Secondary balance maintenance", why not sooner pls?
    We had no idea of what was going on and we freaked out cause some of us have bad experience with Epassporte in the past then FCP so we were thinking u'll scam us eventually.
    Pls next time if there is an issue put a message on site for all to see, nobody knew why the money went into secondary balance even the amount was not exceeding the Verified limits.
    Your service is new and people did not expect to have their funds blocked/ not available to them.
    No matter if maintenance or glitch, for us was the same, the result was out money were stuck in there.
    You dont wanna know what a horrible weekend and the following week i had after that friday as i was counting on that money.
    I liked Cosmo, i liked the fact i had the card, everything was perfect til i was not able to pull my money last last friday, now i am thinking if i should change my payment method back to Cosmo or play safe with Paxum.
    Guess u lost a lot of money as girls put a hold on their payments or changed payment method .... earn ur trust back pls, we are on all forums and twitter and we communicate to each other pretty well so if something happens, we do know/ find out
    All we want is communication and to be informed if there is an issue.
    All the best, thank you for reading
    Absolutely understood, we do not blame you for airing out your concerns and in fact we encourage you to speak freely and provide the most honest feedback possible, that is how we all get better

Of course after the unfortunate circumstances with FCP we understand that not only us, but all payment methods are under immense scrutiny, and we know how scary any delays of any sort would be.

The honest truth is that we did not expect it to stretch so far, every day we asked each other, are we done? are we close? can we give a time? but imagine how much worse it would have been if we said a time and were not able to fulfill it. We really did think that this maintenance would only last a few hours, but it ended up snowballing into much more as we discovered what needed to be accomplished.

It was definitely a learning experience, and a growing pain, but I can assure you in the future we will be quicker to publicize any communications. (but also nothing to report in the first place )

I will personally be working to regain as much trust with everyone as possible, so I thank you again for your feedback and apologize again for causing such inconveniences.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CosmoPayment For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,375 Times in 666 Posts

Hi when will Cosmo be available to US individuals? Since FCP ended MyGirlFund has either a $500 minimum payout for checks or Cosmo Pay with Im assuming a much lower minimum so we’re all very eager.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Juliette25 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Juliette25 View Post
    Hi when will Cosmo be available to US individuals? Since FCP ended MyGirlFund has either a $500 minimum payout for checks or Cosmo Pay with Im assuming a much lower minimum so we’re all very eager.
    Hi Juliette, we are still confident that this will be accomplished soon, although it has taken much longer than we had hoped. We've begun discussions with many other partners simultaneously in order to speed up the process and be able to add some of the more requested countries (the US is of course one of them), and we should have some more info soon about new countries we are launching.

Rest assured our daily goal is to launch as many new countries as possible, and while a timeline is difficult, we are progressing!

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,944 Times in 1,166 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

Anthony Im so pleased your here on the very best Cam Model forum this side of the internet! Better late then never but it reassures me that you are not some "fly by night" I have already switched back to Cosmo! Lets make some $$$
    "In the future, there will be no female leaders. There will just be leaders." - Sheryl Sandberg

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeepThoughts For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^^^ Thinking to do the same and hoping for Cosmo to stay and operate smoothly from now on, i rather have the card from Cosmo and use it than make transfers from Paxum to my local bank/ card, now this is entirely up to Cosmo how serious they are if they wanna regain trust and business

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KatM For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Can anyone confirm if this weeks payments have gone smoothly?

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Also Boleyn mentioned on the other thread that cards were likely to become regulated and phased out shortly is this correct? They are suggesting that new regulations in Europe would prevent people using these as a form of payment. To do with taxes I believe?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Horny For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^^^ Wish to know that myself, what is going to happen with the cards of this kind?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Horny View Post
    Also Boleyn mentioned on the other thread that cards were likely to become regulated and phased out shortly is this correct? They are suggesting that new regulations in Europe would prevent people using these as a form of payment. To do with taxes I believe?
    ^^^ Wish to know that myself, what is going to happen with the cards of this kind?
    With all due respect, Boleyn was incorrect, or misinformed rather. Allow me to expand on her suggestions;

Boleyn Said: Nope, I found what I was after. http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release...18-3429_en.htm
    Cosmo: This did not affect the secondary balance maintenance and has not impeded anything, nor will it affect us. Additionally, this was not the reason we requested European corporate due diligence documents from our merchants, as we were simply being proactive knowing our providers would at some point request it.

Boleyn Said: The banks are getting ready to implement revision 5, and it hits pre-paid card issuers and anyone dealing with EU banks from outside Europe pretty hard.
    Cosmo: We are based in the United Kingdom.

Boleyn Said:In case anyone missed the post above, this is bigger than COSMO. Its going to get very ugly for those trying to live outside the banking system.
    Pre-load cards may be restricted to $50 per transactions online and $150 in person. This would make them near useless to keep money or take it out.
    Cosmo: This is only for anonymous cards, where the limit is currently 250$. This does not affect us as we collect full KYC documents from all of our cardholders.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to CosmoPayment For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Sm loaded no problems onto cosmo account.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Dahlia Fallon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Jargon from the factsheet re the new directive :

Prepaid instruments (such as prepaid cards): Prepaid cards have been used by terrorists to finance the logistics of terrorist attacks anonymously 14 . An appropriate and balanced response needs to be provided to this challenge as at the same time, prepaid instruments also present a social value. Prepaid cards allow economically vulnerable or financially excluded people to have a means of payment that can be used off-line (like cash), and more importantly online, to buy goods and services on the internet. Some people use prepaid cards to limit the risk of fraud when buying over the internet, as their exposure will be limited to the e-money amount featuring on the card. Some Member States use these instruments to pay out social benefits. Some people also see the anonymity that certain prepaid cards confer to their holder as an advantage to protect their privacy – an increasing issue with respect to transactions made on the web - although anonymity has also been sought or abused to conduct illegal actions.

The terrorist financing risk posed by prepaid cards is essentially linked to those anonymous (reloadable or non-reloadable) prepaid cards run on domestic or international schemes. The key question is how to address the concerns raised by the anonymity of such general purpose cards without wiping out the benefits that these instruments offer in their normal use.

Issuers of prepaid instruments are already covered by EU legislation, including the AML legislation. In order to address the above concerns, the Commission will present further changes to the AMLD, which could focus in particular on reducing existing exemptions such as thresholds below which identification is not required, notably for cards used face-to-face, and requiring customer identification and verification at the time of online activation of the prepaid cards.

Tl; Dr - it looks like it is affecting the anonymous cards you can buy and load without providing any ID. They are relatively popular with guys on adultwork who want to be reeeeally careful with what can be traced back to them. Oh and terrorists apparently but I know less about that side of things.

Tbh I don't know a lot about any of this, I just try to stay optimistic until everything starts going wrong

Factsheet : https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-cont...EX:52016DC0050

Taken from here: http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release...18-3429_en.htm

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dahlia Fallon For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

So if its about tax evasion and terrorism do cosmopay report to HMRC then if they are in the UK?

Thanks

^^^ Yes i wish to know this too, what are the regulations regarding card transactions in Europe, as a payment processor are u obliged to report anything anywhere? I mean, is the bank secret gone and all transactions are going to be 100% transparent? Tell us briefly pls just so we know what to expect here in Europe so we can prepare our next moves

29. The Following User Says Thank You to KatM For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Horny View Post
    So if its about tax evasion and terrorism do cosmopay report to HMRC then if they are in the UK?

^^^ Yes i wish to know this too, what are the regulations regarding card transactions in Europe, as a payment processor are u obliged to report anything anywhere? I mean, is the bank secret gone and all transactions are going to be 100% transparent? Tell us briefly pls just so we know what to expect here in Europe so we can prepare our next moves
    We are not a payment processor, we are program managers and are not required to report anywhere. Nothing is changing in regards to our company functionality, and everything aforementioned is specifically to crack down on anonymous cards which is a non-factor.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to CosmoPayment For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you Anthony, love love ur answer!!

Thanks

1. Source of funds
    Please select one of the following options in order to provide us with a verifiable source of funds.

Hello this is on the page, do you advise what you said? Thank you

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malinka View Post
    1. Source of funds
    Please select one of the following options in order to provide us with a verifiable source of funds.

Hello this is on the page, do you advise what you said? Thank you
    Hi Malinka, don't worry too much about this step, it is simply something we are required to keep on file however it is not reported anywhere. Your answer will not impede receiving your card or account.

Thanks

Today your account has been approved. Thank God. Now I'll wait and with 14 days for the card. I will not get the card from Paxum. Is it possible to convert money with paxum to cosmopayment?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malinka View Post
    Today your account has been approved. Thank God. Now I'll wait and with 14 days for the card. I will not get the card from Paxum. Is it possible to convert money with paxum to cosmopayment?
    Sorry Malinka, not sure what you are trying to accomplish. Are you trying to send funds from your Paxum card to your Cosmo card? If so, I do not believe this would be possible, although I am not entirely familiar with the Paxum system.