View Poll Results: What Percentage of Men Have Had An Affair????

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • less than 10%

0 0%
  • 11-30%

3 14.29%
  • 31-50%

6 28.57%
  • 51-75%

3 14.29%
  • 76% or more

9 42.86%

Thread: What Percentage of Men Have Had An Affair????

Thanks
    Thanked 16,047 Times in 5,766 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

Default What Percentage of Men Have Had An Affair????

In your best estimation, What Percentage of American Men Have Had An Affair????

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk

Default Re: What Percentage of Men Have Had An Affair????

Infidelity Statistics

In over 1/3 of marriages, one or both partners admit to cheating.
    22% of men say that they've cheated on their significant other.
    14% of women admit to cheating on their significant other.
    36% of men and women admit to having an affair with a coworker.
    17% of men and women admit to having an affair with a sister-in-law or brother-in-law.
    People who have cheated before are 350% more likely to cheat again.
    Affairs are most likely to occur two years into a marriage.
    35% of men and women admit to cheating while on a business trip.
    9% of men admit they might have an affair to get back at a spouse.
    14% of women admit they might have an affair to get back at a spouse.
    10% of affairs begin online.
    40% of the time online affairs turn into real life affairs.

Who?

A study from late 2016 suggests that men are somewhat more likely to cheat than women. According to the Associated Press and the Journal of Marital and Family Therapy, 22% of men say that they've cheated on their significant other at least once during their marriage, and 14% of wives admit to straying.

These statistics also suggests that people are most likely to have affairs with co-workers. As many as 36% of men and women say that they've had an affair with someone they work with. Somewhat surprisingly, 17% admit to having an affair with a sister-in-law or brother-in-law.

Perhaps most telling is that the maxim “once a cheater, always a cheater” appears to be founded in fact. People who have cheated before are 350% more likely to cheat again than those that haven’t.

from my hunting around
    Hatred does not cease by hatred but only by love; this is the eternal rule.

" What is Reality? An icicle forming in fire."
    -Dogen Zenji

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Morrigan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post

These statistics also suggests that people are most likely to have affairs with co-workers. As many as 36% of men and women say that they've had an affair with someone they work with.
    Pray for your faithful vanilla career ladies

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

Damn....now I am curious as to who voted? I wonder how many men voted in this poll?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,077 Times in 570 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

I believe the statistics. There are lots of convenient marriages but not many happy marriages. Plus the sex tends to dwindle as time goes on, but that doesn't change the fact that humans are human. That sexual frustration has to find an outlet from time to time.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trustfundkiller For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,465 Times in 624 Posts

I voted 11-30%....just based on a quick estimation of people i know.

I am assuming the 36% having affairs with co-workers means 36% of the people who cheated. I have slept with a couple of co-workers...but everyone was single at the time.

never cheated or will cheat on my wife of 22 years.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lemiwinks31 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trustfundkiller View Post
    I believe the statistics. There are lots of convenient marriages but not many happy marriages. Plus the sex tends to dwindle as time goes on, but that doesn't change the fact that humans are human. That sexual frustration has to find an outlet from time to time.
    One of the core problems with marriage is that people do it while they are really young and naive and they're totally unaware of the realities of what they are getting into until they have matured and wised up a few years or even a decade later down the line, but by then it's too late to back out when kids and a mortgage are involved.

I know for me, the one thing I value now so much that I wasn't aware of when I was younger was my privacy when I'm home! I'm a 6'1 jock but I love my bathroom time to soak in epsom salt or to use it like a spa to rejuvenate myself, I love to sleep peacefully even at an odd hour of the day and I like to come and go as I please answering to nobody. Couldn't live like that if I was married.

It doesn't help that older people don't tell young couples the truth about what they're about to get into even though their own married lives are miserable. Quite frankly there is a lot of money involved with marriage from parents wanting to increase their own wealth by handing off their daughter to a wealthy man to expensive wedding rings that need to be sold all the way to divorce court that is a billion dollar industry. The system is too big to fail.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luckyguy09 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

As far as the percentage of married men who have had affairs wouldn't it be the same percentage as married women because the two seem to find each other and men can't have affairs all by themselves....

That being said, my mother use to work in a upscale hotel in the 1990s and she saw numerous people who she knew were married sneaking around meeting up routinely leaving used condoms and such in their wake..

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luckyguy09 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,833 Times in 1,403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Luckyguy09 View Post
    As far as the percentage of married men who have had affairs wouldn't it be the same percentage as married women because the two seem to find each other and men can't have affairs all by themselves....
    No. Less women could cheat with more men or men are involved with single women. Obviously.
    Now he said it a third time, and Ona drew a deep breath;

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lynn2009 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,226 Times in 3,134 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

The problem is society telling ppl they need to get married to have kids. Then they get pressured. Then comes some miserable times....

Want kids but can't commit to the egg/sperm doner.... then adopt. Plenty of orphans out there.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vyanka For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

Quote Originally Posted by Vyanka View Post
    The problem is society telling ppl they need to get married to have kids. Then they get pressured.
    one of my relatives said society makes it as though if you are not married by age 25-30 then you look unstable in the corporate world where image is everything.

Kind of ridiculous if you ask me.

The people in unhappy marriages, philandering, uncivilized divorces, etc are the ones that look unstable.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,109 Times in 1,716 Posts

If an employee has a wife, kids and a mortgage, he is probably considered less likely to leave, or be overly demanding.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to slowpoke For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

^Oh lol maybe the term "unstable" was not defined that well. The way you put it makes sense. The way my family member explained it was single people have the image of partying, more likely to be hooking up with co-workers, more likely to engage in risky behavior that could mess up company image, etc. Or maybe this family member was just trying to convince me that being married is "better" than being single - in the eyes of others like your employers/partners/etc.

But honestly I think a married person is just as capable of engaging in "risky" behavior as a single person. Some of these men ain't thinking about that wife, kids, mortgage when they are risking it all just to plow through Becky every other weekend and weekdays after work. First thing comes to mind was that top NFL coach who lost his million dollar job after he was caught on film getting high off coke and ranting about fucking his mistress.

I personally don't gaf either way cause I don't think one is better than the other (just depends on one's life goals) and often times people will do what makes them happy regardless of how they come off looking to others.

I think half the people who have affairs don't care how they look to the outside as long as they themselves are happy with what they are doing. Many of them don't even try to hide it, go out in public with their bf/gf, get divorced then magically pop up in a full blown relationship or remarried in less than 6 months.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

I am also curious.

Of the men who have had affairs, About what percentage of wives know their husband is engaging in affair type behaviors?

I would guess

20% know
    60% are in blissful ignorance, they have an idea but don't want to know the truth
    20% really have no clue

Quote Originally Posted by trustfundkiller View Post
    I believe the statistics.
    I assume those are only the statistics of the people who participated in the study AND actually admitted it...probably lots more out there who are doing it but would never admit it.
    Last edited by miss.a.p1600; 06-12-2018 at 03:22 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,226 Times in 3,134 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

I rather die alone with dignity, then to be at the mercy of some cheating piece of shit who used me for his status.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vyanka For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

I rather die alone with dignity, then to be at the mercy of some cheating piece of shit who used me for his status.
    What if you got half? Say half of 50 mill? You could rebuild quite well no?

God/dess
    Thanks

Remember Howard Marshall and Anna Nichole Smith. But I dont think Marshall was married when he took up with Smith, so it wasn't cheating.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to slowpoke For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

^Of course! She was my fav - classic sugar baby of all time. I may be green but I believed she did really care about him maybe even love him especially since she realized that he was willing to enhance not just her but her son's wellbeing as well. Says a lot about a man willing to take care of some non-biological kids, in addition to their biological ones.

Was he in a separation or totally divorced?

Do affairs count if it's during a separation period?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk

then comes families like mine which utterly destroy social concepts in the western world, given there are 4 of us, all working as one unit as opposed to one with 3 other attachments...one unit. so i wonder how things would change if they wanted to count relationships like that and by what one considers cheating... hell, that word alone can differ person to person.
    Hatred does not cease by hatred but only by love; this is the eternal rule.

" What is Reality? An icicle forming in fire."
    -Dogen Zenji

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Morrigan For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by miss.a.p1600 View Post
    ^Of course! She was my fav - classic sugar baby of all time. I may be green but I believed she did really care about him maybe even love him especially since she realized that he was willing to enhance not just her but her son's wellbeing as well. Says a lot about a man willing to take care of some non-biological kids, in addition to their biological ones.

Was he in a separation or totally divorced?

Do affairs count if it's during a separation period?
    He was quite an interesting person it seems.

Marshall married Eleanor Pierce in 1931 and divorced in 1961. They had two sons together: J. Howard Marshall III (born February 6, 1936) and E. Pierce Marshall (January 12, 1939 – June 20, 2006). His second marriage, to Bettye Bohannon, lasted from 1961 until her death in 1991. In 1994, at the age of 89, he married 24-year-old model Anna Nicole Smith, 62 years his junior. Their marriage lasted 14 months, until his death.

Here is how he got started:

Upon graduation, he served from 1931 to 1933 as an Assistant Dean at Yale Law School and instructed courses in business, finance and procedure.[3][4] At the same time, he was producing scholarship as a member of the influential legal realism school of thought, working with future Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas on an article entitled A Factual Study of Bankruptcy Administration and Some Suggestions, published in 1932.[5] However, his most influential works, done with Norman Meyers, were two articles entitled Legal Planning of Petroleum Production.[6] These pioneering studies offered an alternative to the then-prevailing practices of controlled production in the petroleum industry, which were leading to dramatic boom/bust cycles. They gained the interest of the government, especially since the legal minds behind the New Deal were staunch supporters of legal realism.

In 1933, he left Yale to become the Assistant Solicitor at the Department of the Interior under Harold L. Ickes. During his first tour at Interior, he authored the Code of Fair Competition for the Petroleum Industry (1933), and the Connally Hot Oil Act of 1935 in the wake of the Supreme Court's decision to strike down the National Industrial Recovery Act (NIRA). Specifically, it revived the portion of the original legislation that regulated the flow of oil between states. Ostensibly enacted to protect the industry from "contraband oil" in order to stabilize falling prices.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Howard_Marshall

33. The Following User Says Thank You to slowpoke For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,465 Times in 624 Posts

maybe.....but its not like those are your only 2 choices......you could choose not to marry a piece of shit.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to lemiwinks31 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Minimum 50 .... upwards of 75%.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to MOCHAakaMOCHA For This Useful Post: