Thread: Auditioning but scared

Thanks

Default Auditioning but scared

Going to audition for this club I went to two weeks ago with a friend. My friend is busy and will not be able to come with me this week and I feel scared and stupid walking in myself to audition. Did you girls go to audition by yourself when you went to your clubs? How did you have courage and confidence when you guys went in?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,942 Times in 1,439 Posts

Default Re: Auditioning but scared

I was soooo scared to get started. I had been wanting to work at a club for a long time, and finally met through craigslist a club owner/manager who promised if I went in to meet him I wouldn't have to audition on stage. AND I still took my then-boyfriend with me!! Can't believe I got away with that now. I ended up not staying at the club very long because it was very, very slow but it was great for getting started. The manager spoke with me a few minutes, saw me in regular panties and a bar and I was hired. The other girls were so nice and showed me how to do very basic spins on the pole and even how to just pose sexy, point your toes, etc. Even showed me how to do a lap dance on then-boyfriend. I know it's really nerve-wracking but the best thing to do really is just go in and get it over with. Start with a second or third tier club if you have enough to pick from in your area. If you don't get hired wait a few months and try again, they won't remember you. Move slowly and fake it till you make it! Good luck!
    Now he said it a third time, and Ona drew a deep breath;

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lynn2009 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Just go for it and get it over with I promise the feeling of learning and getting started in the early stages of stripping is way less stressful than waiting and dreading getting started. I mean even if worst case scenario you realize stripping isn't for you now at least it's over and you know and can spend time on something else. Wondering/waiting/wasting time is the worst. I always go audition by myself. I don't think about it too much I try not to overthink anything that's really the only advice I can give and I know that's easier said then done but just try to stay calm and go for it.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daniellaa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Blog Entries

It's always better to audition by yourself! And auditioning is always nerve-wracking, even when you've been stripping for years. Doing what you're doing takes a lot of guts/balls/ovaries. Good luck and keep us posted!

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Winged Dinghy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks so much I needed to hear these comments so encouraging I will keep you guys updated after I go in!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Anonymouscutie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Seriously just go for it. I was nervous af even after researching metivulously like a nerd for months. I’m pretty awkward in general so there’s no way I wasn’t going to be awkward while stripping too. Just dive in and get it over with. You’ll learn a ton from watching other girls work, and I honestly spent a ton of early stage sets just talking and flirting with customers. I also auditioned at my club on what I thought was a slower night- Sunday- so it was less nerve-wracking. Move slow. Do what feels sexy to you. Make eye contact and smile.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LunaMae For This Useful Post: