Thread: WARNING: Golden Dragon PDX

Thanks

Default WARNING: Golden Dragon PDX

This happened a couple months ago and I probably should have posted about it then, but better late than never. Golden Dragon is a juice bar in Portland, Oregon and the first club I ever worked at starting in July 2014. From then until this incident I worked on and off regularly and always made sure to pay my fees and tip the bouncers, usually leaning on the generous side.

Anyways, I'd usually go to Silverado next door and have a few drinks before work. I have ALWAYS done this and Golden Dragon knows exactly who I am and that I compose myself well at work. I'm also good about not drinking too much and have never been a sloppy drunk. Well, one night I was roofied next door. I'm 100% positive this is what happened and I have no memory of leaving Silverado. I do remember, however, telling the staff at GD that I think I had been roofied and asking for help. Rather than putting in the slightest bit of effort into helping me or calling me a cab home like anyone who was halfway decent would do, they kicked me out onto the street. This is NOT a nice part of town by the way. Anyways I don't feel the need to post all the other gnarly details of what happened to me but I post this as a warning to other girls that Golden Dragon doesn't give a flying shit about the dancers. The manager (Steve I think is his name) AND all the bouncers there saw this and knew I was roofied and not a single one did jackshit to even help me get home. Not to mention they were beyond rude when I reached out for help. I truly hope they all burn in hell where they belong.

For the record I did report this to Multnomah Police Department (most idiotic PD on earth but that's a different story) and when they went to talk to the staff the next day, the cop and the bouncer literally gave each other a fucking hug! Needless to say the cops were of no help since clearly the staff and them were buddy-buddy.

Probably nothing I can do at this point about it except warn other dancers. 3 years of loyalty and tipping well didn't help in the slightest the only time I needed even two minutes of help from these assholes. A simple uber home would have been a very easy and common courtesy thing to do. If you currently work there now and like it just please be warned...the bouncers are useless pieces of shit. I stress once again I'm positive I was drugged. Since the cops tried and blame me for the whole thing when I reported this I have to make sure and emphasize that I was definitely roofied and not just an idiot drunk girl.
    Last edited by somechick99; 06-14-2018 at 12:08 AM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to somechick99 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,865 Times in 514 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Default Re: WARNING: Golden Dragon PDX

That's horrible! I'm sorry that happened to you and I'm glad you're alright.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trustfundkiller For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,603 Times in 5,606 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

Sorry to hear that happened to you. I don't think it mattered (as far as trying to help someone in need) whether the intoxication was voluntary or involuntary.

There was a thread not to long ago about some disabled guy accidentally drove his wheelchair into a lake and instead of doing anything to help, like call 911, these people just stood there, filming him, watching him drown and laughing. Unfortunately, Some of these humans are just, you can't count on them for shit.

Good thing you're okay, able to report it, and able to share to prevent it from happening to others.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by miss.a.p1600 View Post
    Sorry to hear that happened to you. I don't think it mattered (as far as trying to help someone in need) whether the intoxication was voluntary or involuntary.

There was a thread not to long ago about some disabled guy accidentally drove his wheelchair into a lake and instead of doing anything to help, like call 911, these people just stood there, filming him, watching him drown and laughing. Unfortunately, Some of these humans are just, you can't count on them for shit.

Good thing you're okay, able to report it, and able to share to prevent it from happening to others.
    Great point about not mattering whether it was voluntary or not. Women are basically told things like this are their fault all the time and this is the attitude the police department had. The club should have done something regardless...and the fact the cops and Golden Dragon are buddy-buddy to the point of allowing this to be dismissed is sickening

8. The Following User Says Thank You to somechick99 For This Useful Post: