Thread: WARNING: Golden Dragon PDX

Thanks

Default WARNING: Golden Dragon PDX

This happened a couple months ago and I probably should have posted about it then, but better late than never. Golden Dragon is a juice bar in Portland, Oregon and the first club I ever worked at starting in July 2014. From then until this incident I worked on and off regularly and always made sure to pay my fees and tip the bouncers, usually leaning on the generous side.

Anyways, I'd usually go to Silverado next door and have a few drinks before work. I have ALWAYS done this and Golden Dragon knows exactly who I am and that I compose myself well at work. I'm also good about not drinking too much and have never been a sloppy drunk. Well, one night I was roofied next door. I'm 100% positive this is what happened and I have no memory of leaving Silverado. I do remember, however, telling the staff at GD that I think I had been roofied and asking for help. Rather than putting in the slightest bit of effort into helping me or calling me a cab home like anyone who was halfway decent would do, they kicked me out onto the street. This is NOT a nice part of town by the way. Anyways I don't feel the need to post all the other gnarly details of what happened to me but I post this as a warning to other girls that Golden Dragon doesn't give a flying shit about the dancers. The manager (Steve I think is his name) AND all the bouncers there saw this and knew I was roofied and not a single one did jackshit to even help me get home. Not to mention they were beyond rude when I reached out for help. I truly hope they all burn in hell where they belong.

For the record I did report this to Multnomah Police Department (most idiotic PD on earth but that's a different story) and when they went to talk to the staff the next day, the cop and the bouncer literally gave each other a fucking hug! Needless to say the cops were of no help since clearly the staff and them were buddy-buddy.

Probably nothing I can do at this point about it except warn other dancers. 3 years of loyalty and tipping well didn't help in the slightest the only time I needed even two minutes of help from these assholes. A simple uber home would have been a very easy and common courtesy thing to do. If you currently work there now and like it just please be warned...the bouncers are useless pieces of shit. I stress once again I'm positive I was drugged. Since the cops tried and blame me for the whole thing when I reported this I have to make sure and emphasize that I was definitely roofied and not just an idiot drunk girl.
    Last edited by somechick99; 06-14-2018 at 12:08 AM.

Featured Member trustfundkiller's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,296 Times in 627 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Default Re: WARNING: Golden Dragon PDX

That's horrible! I'm sorry that happened to you and I'm glad you're alright.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trustfundkiller For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,335 Times in 5,853 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

Sorry to hear that happened to you. I don't think it mattered (as far as trying to help someone in need) whether the intoxication was voluntary or involuntary.

There was a thread not to long ago about some disabled guy accidentally drove his wheelchair into a lake and instead of doing anything to help, like call 911, these people just stood there, filming him, watching him drown and laughing. Unfortunately, Some of these humans are just, you can't count on them for shit.

Good thing you're okay, able to report it, and able to share to prevent it from happening to others.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by miss.a.p1600 View Post
    Sorry to hear that happened to you. I don't think it mattered (as far as trying to help someone in need) whether the intoxication was voluntary or involuntary.

There was a thread not to long ago about some disabled guy accidentally drove his wheelchair into a lake and instead of doing anything to help, like call 911, these people just stood there, filming him, watching him drown and laughing. Unfortunately, Some of these humans are just, you can't count on them for shit.

Good thing you're okay, able to report it, and able to share to prevent it from happening to others.
    Great point about not mattering whether it was voluntary or not. Women are basically told things like this are their fault all the time and this is the attitude the police department had. The club should have done something regardless...and the fact the cops and Golden Dragon are buddy-buddy to the point of allowing this to be dismissed is sickening

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to somechick99 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This really fucking sucks and makes me so mad. Write a yelp review and all the other girls who read this should do the same. If the cops won't do anything, hit them in the business. Maybe tell that exotic dancing magazine that gets spread around Portland so maybe they won't feature them. Sorry this happened to you and thanks for letting us all know.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NightQueen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,083 Times in 3,596 Posts

I'm sorry this happened to you.

I'm guessing they assumed you were trying to set them up for a lawsuit, OR they just didn't want to get involved.

There are a lot of dancers who are drama queens/crazy and will turn anything into a huge scandal/mess. Not saying that about you but I've known several of those types in my career.
    "They're a bit strange in Los Angeles" Duckie, "NCIS"I've walked in L.A.. It was to my car, so I could drive in L.A..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SnuffleUffleGrass View Post
    I'm sorry this happened to you.

I'm guessing they assumed you were trying to set them up for a lawsuit, OR they just didn't want to get involved.

There are a lot of dancers who are drama queens/crazy and will turn anything into a huge scandal/mess. Not saying that about you but I've known several of those types in my career.
    Yeah I know that type too, but after 3 years of working there with zero issues they knew that wasn’t what this was. I’ve never had any drama at work whether it be with staff or other dancers. I’ve always just kept to myself

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NightQueen View Post
    This really fucking sucks and makes me so mad. Write a yelp review and all the other girls who read this should do the same. If the cops won't do anything, hit them in the business. Maybe tell that exotic dancing magazine that gets spread around Portland so maybe they won't feature them. Sorry this happened to you and thanks for letting us all know.
    I’ve left a yelp review several times and each time it was deleted (no cursing or anything so I’m guessing the staff paid to take it off). However I continue reposting the review and explaining the staff deleted it lol. Fortunately my reviews on other sites werent deleted so they must have something setup with yelp, who knows

13. The Following User Says Thank You to somechick99 For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Yes its true, people at work are NOT your friends. They will not have human decency towards you due to any liability issues that work could pose. That is what friends are for.
    Honestly, I don't know why this isn't surprising...
    I've literally had managers kick customers out because it was exactly 2am when they were in process for paying me for over $500 in dances they owed!!! They didn't give a flying f*ck if I got paid.

Learn to be more careful next time.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to NYC.Bianca For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NYC.Bianca View Post
    Yes its true, people at work are NOT your friends. They will not have human decency towards you due to any liability issues that work could pose. That is what friends are for.
    Honestly, I don't know why this isn't surprising...
    I've literally had managers kick customers out because it was exactly 2am when they were in process for paying me for over $500 in dances they owed!!! They didn't give a flying f*ck if I got paid.

Learn to be more careful next time.
    How exactly does one “learn to be more careful” when it comes to being roofied? I refuse to accept being treated like shit just because I am a dancer and no one else should accept or expect it either. Especially when it comes to my physical safety....the bouncers literally have one job and that is to protect the dancers.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to somechick99 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,658 Times in 1,888 Posts

I'm so sorry you went through this! Yes, it is the bouncers' job to watch out for and protect the dancers. But obviously that doesn't always happen. There is corruption in most clubs it seems. And I completely disagree with NYC.bianca's post. First of all, it IS surprising that the bouncers didn't do shit, because you have been tipping them well all this time. Usually when dancers tip the staff well, the staff will have your back. That's how it works. But they just took your money for 3 years and then let you fend for yourself when you were at your most vulnerable and needed them the most. That is completely unacceptable and horrible. Traumatizing even. I'm so sorry.

This is in no way your fault at all. I've been drugged before as well (not at the club but at someone's apartment.) So I know how terrifying it is to be drugged against your will. Even if you never leave your drink unattended, the bartender could be paid off to roofie your drink before it's even served to you. Terrifying thought but it can happen. So "learning to be more careful" is just shitty advice in this case. That's in the same vein as victim-blaming and is not cool. Yeah, it's good to "be careful", but bad shit can still happen. You didn't deserve this at all, somechick99. I'm really sorry. I feel your frustration. To hell with these scumbags. Karma will take care of them for you.

I hope you can find some peace and a better club with better staff who will have your back. Take care sweetie.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ScarletKitten For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ScarletKitten View Post
    I'm so sorry you went through this! Yes, it is the bouncers' job to watch out for and protect the dancers. But obviously that doesn't always happen. There is corruption in most clubs it seems. And I completely disagree with NYC.bianca's post. First of all, it IS surprising that the bouncers didn't do shit, because you have been tipping them well all this time. Usually when dancers tip the staff well, the staff will have your back. That's how it works. But they just took your money for 3 years and then let you fend for yourself when you were at your most vulnerable and needed them the most. That is completely unacceptable and horrible. Traumatizing even. I'm so sorry.

This is in no way your fault at all. I've been drugged before as well (not at the club but at someone's apartment.) So I know how terrifying it is to be drugged against your will. Even if you never leave your drink unattended, the bartender could be paid off to roofie your drink before it's even served to you. Terrifying thought but it can happen. So "learning to be more careful" is just shitty advice in this case. That's in the same vein as victim-blaming and is not cool. Yeah, it's good to "be careful", but bad shit can still happen. You didn't deserve this at all, somechick99. I'm really sorry. I feel your frustration. To hell with these scumbags. Karma will take care of them for you.

I hope you can find some peace and a better club with better staff who will have your back. Take care sweetie.
    Thank you for this. In this scenario I’m nearly positive the Silverado bartenders were involved. This is why someone telling me to be more careful pissed me off - I didn’t post enough details for anyone to determine if this is something I could have prevented. I never left my drink unattended and I think the bartenders (who knew I was a dancer next door) thought I had cash on me.

Unfortunately I know all too well that bouncers are often useless and I consider them anything but my friends, with a few rare exceptions of especially cool and hardworking ones I’ve met. However when an entire staff of a club, including several bouncers and the manager, will willingly throw a roofied girl into the dirty streets of downtown Portland to fend for herself...that is absolutely sickening.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to somechick99 For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by somechick99 View Post
    How exactly does one “learn to be more careful” when it comes to being roofied? I refuse to accept being treated like shit just because I am a dancer and no one else should accept or expect it either. Especially when it comes to my physical safety....the bouncers literally have one job and that is to protect the dancers.
    Don't drink on the job or if you drink before work, have your own alcohol in its own container and watch it at all times. I don't see how thats hard. But issues like this seem to happen and its a risk you take when you drink at work. It doesn't seem to happen to girls who don't drink but Im sure it still does from time to time.

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Thank you for this. In this scenario I’m nearly positive the Silverado bartenders were involved. This is why someone telling me to be more careful pissed me off - I didn’t post enough details for anyone to determine if this is something I could have prevented. I never left my drink unattended and I think the bartenders (who knew I was a dancer next door) thought I had cash on me.

Unfortunately I know all too well that bouncers are often useless and I consider them anything but my friends, with a few rare exceptions of especially cool and hardworking ones I’ve met. However when an entire staff of a club, including several bouncers and the manager, will willingly throw a roofied girl into the dirty streets of downtown Portland to fend for herself...that is absolutely sickening.
    This is a very good point! especially if bartenders were involved, thats awful. I didn't mean to sound heartless but I do think you put yourself into negative and compromising positions if people know you dance and you're drinking around them, they will all try and take advantage. Its the sad nature of the industry unfortunately. No one is safe to be around. Girls in Denver have been getting followed to their homes or at red stop signs right from the clubs and robbed at gun point after work. Trust no one.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to NYC.Bianca For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Have you heard of Red/workingitinportlanf? She is a sex workers rights advocate. She tried to sue Casa Diablo a few years back but I’m not sure if she succeeded. She would be the best resource for you I would guess.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to StellaRose For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Don't drink on the job or if you drink before work, have your own alcohol in its own container and watch it at all times. I don't see how thats hard. But issues like this seem to happen and its a risk you take when you drink at work. It doesn't seem to happen to girls who don't drink but Im sure it still does from time to time.
    So women should just never order drinks from bars since there’s always a chance of being roofied? Victim blaming at its finest. I’ve made it pretty clear I never left my drink unattended. This post was intended to warn other women about a club full of scumbags, not to invite victim blamers who declare its my fault because women shouldnt even order drinks from bars in the first place. You aren’t contributing anything positive or constructive to my post.

Obviously, anytime someone goes to a bar there is a risk of being roofied, just like anyone who goes on a date risks being raped, or anyone who drives a car risks crashing etc.
    Last edited by somechick99; 07-05-2018 at 09:22 AM.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to somechick99 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StellaRose View Post
    Have you heard of Red/workingitinportlanf? She is a sex workers rights advocate. She tried to sue Casa Diablo a few years back but I’m not sure if she succeeded. She would be the best resource for you I would guess.
    Thank you, I believe she did actually succeed. I will look into this.

I saw this morning they deleted my yelp review AGAIN and I reposted it. They’re only proving they have something to hide by doing this.

Veteran Member
    Thanks

So women should just never order drinks from bars since there’s always a chance of being roofied? Victim blaming at its finest. I’ve made it pretty clear I never left my drink unattended. This post was intended to warn other women about a club full of scumbags, not to invite victim blamers who declare its my fault because women shouldnt even order drinks from bars in the first place. You aren’t contributing anything positive or constructive to my post.

Obviously, anytime someone goes to a bar there is a risk of being roofied, just like anyone who goes on a date risks being raped, or anyone who drives a car risks crashing etc.
    The point of what I was trying to say is it isn't just that club who has scumbags. It's apparent across all strip clubs. No bouncers have any obligation to help you for shit in your personal life, if you're at work and are roofed and it becomes a liability to the club; then yes them not doing anything is lawsuit worthy; but in your personal time, when they are simply co-workers.. I'm just saying, I don't know why you're so surprised they didn't give a fuck.

Girls should expect this kind of shitty behavior from ALL clubs, period.

Thanks

The point of what I was trying to say is it isn't just that club who has scumbags. It's apparent across all strip clubs. No bouncers have any obligation to help you for shit in your personal life, if you're at work and are roofed and it becomes a liability to the club; then yes them not doing anything is lawsuit worthy; but in your personal time, when they are simply co-workers.. I'm just saying, I don't know why you're so surprised they didn't give a fuck.

Girls should expect this kind of shitty behavior from ALL clubs, period.
    I’m aware many clubs have scumbag bouncers. Throwing a girl into the streets who has been drugged is a potential life or death situation, not a matter of helping me with my “personal life.” I’m not necessarily looking to take legal action, I’m just warning other girls.

Disagree if you want but I don’t appreciate the victim blaming. Your point has been made.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to somechick99 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,083 Times in 3,596 Posts

I have a lot of friends in Portland & I have to be honest, out of control people/situations are a common problem at bars and in the streets.

Also a LOT of bars there are a bit shady. Not a few, a lot. Portland is a "port city". Historically port cities have a lot going on. & A diverse mix of people, some good, some bad.
    "They're a bit strange in Los Angeles" Duckie, "NCIS"I've walked in L.A.. It was to my car, so I could drive in L.A..

34. The Following User Says Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

As rough as it sounds, it wasn’t their responsibility to do anything. Even though you do work there. You left to get a drink at a different bar outside of the club. If you weren’t on the job or even on the premises when this all happened, then the bouncers aren’t entitled to act at all, they can even prevent you from entering or ask you to leave if you seem the slightest bit intoxicated since the club is 18+. Golden Dragon doesn’t even serve alcohol (or any non-bottled or canned drinks) in the first place so there probably wasn’t even much they could do, without assuming some of the liability if things went to court. Sure, maybe they could have called you a cab out of the kindness of their hearts (and they should have), but that’s about all you can hope for in the situation. I’m very sorry to hear this happened to you, but as someone who used to work in that area, I’m not surprised at all that this happened at Silverado. I’ve heard many many bad stories about dragon girls getting drugged or sexually assaulted there. Personally I would put the blame on them, not Golden Dragon. The staff at Silverado should be assisting customers who are in danger or in need of help, not allowing/helping their male dancers roofie female dancers from next door.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Leather_Jacket View Post
    As rough as it sounds, it wasn’t their responsibility to do anything. Even though you do work there. You left to get a drink at a different bar outside of the club. If you weren’t on the job or even on the premises when this all happened, then the bouncers aren’t entitled to act at all, they can even prevent you from entering or ask you to leave if you seem the slightest bit intoxicated since the club is 18+. Golden Dragon doesn’t even serve alcohol (or any non-bottled or canned drinks) in the first place so there probably wasn’t even much they could do, without assuming some of the liability if things went to court. Sure, maybe they could have called you a cab out of the kindness of their hearts (and they should have), but that’s about all you can hope for in the situation. I’m very sorry to hear this happened to you, but as someone who used to work in that area, I’m not surprised at all that this happened at Silverado. I’ve heard many many bad stories about dragon girls getting drugged or sexually assaulted there. Personally I would put the blame on them, not Golden Dragon. The staff at Silverado should be assisting customers who are in danger or in need of help, not allowing/helping their male dancers roofie female dancers from next door.
    I absolutely blame Silverado, I'm almost positive the bartenders roofied me knowing I was a dancer and intending to steal my cash. I haven't heard of other girls getting drugged there but I'm not at all surprised its been a trend. Regardless, the staff members at Golden Dragon knew me very well and I told them directly I was drugged and needed help. There is absolutely no excuse for kicking a roofied girl out into the streets, alone, in a dangerous area of downtown Portland. That combined with the fact they were clearly friends with the police officers who investigated the whole thing...what shit show. I agree though that Silverado is the party responsible for the roofie incident itself. I did not leave my drink unattended so there's really no other possible scenario besides the bartenders having done this.

I should add, though this was a separate incident, I've seen Golden Dragon screw over a lot of their girls. A friend of mine had a customer snatch her money bag right out of her hands (this was in the VIP room and blatantly on camera on a Monday night). The bouncers literally stood there and watched him run out of the club with her money. That whole part of town is garbage though Club Rouge down the street isn't bad and the bouncers will actually take action there.