Thread: Going to Guam (looking for updates advice/info)

Thanks

Default Going to Guam (looking for updates advice/info)

Hey, so a lot of the Guam threads seem to be a bit outdated or full of conflicting information. Iíve been feeling very restless and my city is very slow in the summer, so on impulse the other day I emailed a couple clubs in Guam to do a two or three month contract. They said theyíd be able to fly me out there next week if I wanted to. I know the money isnít spectacular, but money isnít at the forefront of my mind right now. I havenít officially contracted yet and tbfh, Iím still on the fence about it (Iíd be leaving my SO and my pets behind for at least two and a half months, possibly more).

So, anyone who has danced in Guam, do you have any advice for a new Guam dancer? Would you recommend going? How did you cope with homesickness?
    Last edited by overcast; 07-14-2018 at 05:56 PM.
    Work spares us from three evils: boredom, vice, and need. - Voltaire

Thanks

Default Re: Going to Guam (looking for updates advice/info)

Quote Originally Posted by overcast View Post
    Hey, so a lot of the Guam threads seem to be a bit outdated or full of conflicting information. I’ve been feeling very restless and my city is very slow in the summer, so on impulse the other day I emailed a couple clubs in Guam to do a two or three month contract. I emailed Vikings and Foxys, but only the later got back to me. Foxys said I could do a two month contract and extend it to three months later on if I wanted to. They said they’d be able to fly me out there next week if I wanted to. I know the money isn’t spectacular, but money isn’t at the forefront of my mind right now. I haven’t officially contracted yet and tbfh, I’m still on the fence about it (I’d be leaving my SO and my pets behind for at least two and a half months, possibly more).

So, anyone who has danced in Guam, do you have any advice for a new Guam dancer? Would you recommend going? How did you cope with homesickness?
    Where’d you get the contact information for the clubs to email?
    I’m interested in Guam as well!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia77XO View Post
    Whereíd you get the contact information for the clubs to email?
    Iím interested in Guam as well!
    I looked around SW on some of the older threads about Guam and found some club reccomendatuons (G Spot, Vikings, and Foxys were the most often mentioned as the more favored clubs to work at). Each of the clubís websites list their most often seen clientele and information on payment and contact info for the hiring managers. Foxys has a form that you fill out and attach a face and body photo and I heard back from them in less than 24 hours. I emailed the Vikings manager the same pictures and info I sent to Foxys (dancing experience and style, how long I want to contract for, how I think Iíd do with the clientele, etc), but I havenít heard back from them yet but itís only been about two days. You donít really need to go through an agent to work in Guam, from what Iíve seen. In general, the biggest hurdle is that you either need to be a US citizen, married to one, or on a work visa.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to overcast For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I looked around SW on some of the older threads about Guam and found some club reccomendatuons (G Spot, Vikings, and Foxys were the most often mentioned as the more favored clubs to work at). Each of the club’s websites list their most often seen clientele and information on payment and contact info for the hiring managers. Foxys has a form that you fill out and attach a face and body photo and I heard back from them in less than 24 hours. I emailed the Vikings manager the same pictures and info I sent to Foxys (dancing experience and style, how long I want to contract for, how I think I’d do with the clientele, etc), but I haven’t heard back from them yet but it’s only been about two days. You don’t really need to go through an agent to work in Guam, from what I’ve seen. In general, the biggest hurdle is that you either need to be a US citizen, married to one, or on a work visa.
    Thank you so much!!
    Yeah, I’ve bedn dancing for about 8 months now, just got out of a relationship, and feel like this is such a great opportunity to take right now!
    I just wonder if it’s slow or busy there currently

Thanks
    Thanked 9,537 Times in 3,774 Posts

Hey a friend of mine might be moving back to Guam soon.

I was there back in 2002/2003- I HATED it but for some reason my friend loves it there.

Any/all info welcome. I'd consider visiting her if I could work a day or two. TBH working there for the long term was not for me.....
    Beware the Pinkie Drama Queen...w000000 LA Woman, You're My Woman- The Doors

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SnuffleUffleGrass View Post
    Hey a friend of mine might be moving back to Guam soon.

I was there back in 2002/2003- I HATED it but for some reason my friend loves it there.

Any/all info welcome. I'd consider visiting her if I could work a day or two. TBH working there for the long term was not for me.....
    Call the clubs ahead of time to let them know you’ll be in town, but they won’t foot your ticket costs, living costs, or put you on the payroll unless you do a long term contract with them, from my understanding. Flights to/from Guam to mainland US are super expensive if you do a direct flight but much cheaper if you go through Seoul, Manila, or another nearby major city.

ETA: Looks like I’ll be definitely contracting at one of the clubs for two months and I’ll be going over in a week or two, so PM me in a month if you’re curious about what life is like in Guam now. Į\_(ツ)_/Į

8. The Following User Says Thank You to overcast For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Call the clubs ahead of time to let them know you’ll be in town, but they won’t foot your ticket costs, living costs, or put you on the payroll unless you do a long term contract with them, from my understanding. Flights to/from Guam to mainland US are super expensive if you do a direct flight but much cheaper if you go through Seoul, Manila, or another nearby major city.

ETA: Looks like I’ll be definitely contracting at one of the clubs for two months and I’ll be going over in a week or two, so PM me in a month if you’re curious about what life is like in Guam now. Į\_(ツ)_/Į
    Thanks I'll definitely need the info for my friend.

I just totally hated being there. I know on this forum we warn girls about the club specific issues but IMO Guam was not like what I expected at all.

Thanks

I'm thinking about going to Guam for the winter months. I might front my ticket so I can make my own schedule. I'm thinking about going to Vikings or Club USA.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Littlelulu For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Littlelulu View Post
    I'm thinking about going to Guam for the winter months. I might front my ticket so I can make my own schedule. I'm thinking about going to Vikings or Club USA.
    Work at Vikings

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Someone in my Facebook group had actually just returned from Guam and asked for anyone interested to PM her if they wanted to know more. She went really in depth which I appreciated since I had also struggled to find information. Here's what she said to me. I did censor her name. I hope this helps anyone interested in Guam.

https://imgur.com/a/fN15M2N

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Piper328 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Piper328 View Post
    Someone in my Facebook group had actually just returned from Guam and asked for anyone interested to PM her if they wanted to know more. She went really in depth which I appreciated since I had also struggled to find information. Here's what she said to me. I did censor her name. I hope this helps anyone interested in Guam.

https://imgur.com/a/fN15M2N
    Ewww. See yet another reason to book at Vikings

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hey, so a lot of the Guam threads seem to be a bit outdated or full of conflicting information. I’ve been feeling very restless and my city is very slow in the summer, so on impulse the other day I emailed a couple clubs in Guam to do a two or three month contract. I emailed Vikings and Foxys, but only the later got back to me. Foxys said I could do a two month contract and extend it to three months later on if I wanted to. They said they’d be able to fly me out there next week if I wanted to. I know the money isn’t spectacular, but money isn’t at the forefront of my mind right now. I haven’t officially contracted yet and tbfh, I’m still on the fence about it (I’d be leaving my SO and my pets behind for at least two and a half months, possibly more).

Did you end up going to Guam, if so - how do you like it? Was it worth it?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamaica For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jamaica View Post
    Did you end up going to Guam, if so - how do you like it? Was it worth it?
    I’m actually en-route to Guam right now! PM me in a week or two and I’ll let you know how it’s going.
    Last edited by overcast; 07-14-2018 at 05:57 PM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to overcast For This Useful Post: