Thread: Trouble with binge eating

Thanks

Default Trouble with binge eating

How do you quit binge eating? It's gotten really bad since I started stripping. But it also gets worse during more stressful times etc.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,542 Times in 3,376 Posts

Default Re: Trouble with binge eating

Drink water. Make a lot of meals out of soup or stews
    "They're a bit strange in Los Angeles" Duckie, "NCIS"I've walked in L.A.. It was to my car, so I could drive in L.A..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 578 Posts
    My Mood
    Busy

Quote Originally Posted by random stripper View Post
    How do you quit binge eating? It's gotten really bad since I started stripping. But it also gets worse during more stressful times etc.
    12 steps, therapy and find something you like instead of reaching for food like reading, calling a friend maybe.
    There's no shame in the game!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nyla19 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,509 Times in 1,842 Posts

Find ways to distract yourself. Whiten your teeth so you are forced to not eat anything during the process. Exercise, dance, go for a jog, do something with your hands to keep yourself busy and occupied. Chew gum or mints.

If the urge to eat is all-consuming, then eat something low-calorie, like carrot sticks dipped in hummus. Drink peppermint tea or coffee to curb your appetite. Also, hot spicy foods help suppress the appetite as well.

Veteran Member
    Thanks

How old are you?

I've had an eating disorder for fifteen years, but have noticed it's easier to control once you get older. Apart from the low self-esteem wawa, shrinks say eating disorders are, its just being beginning to be grouped with impulse control disorders. Topomax, some slow-releasing add drugs and normalizing your eating via meal plans, along with everything mentioned above, may be helpful.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ZeroSugarMonster For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm 24... I feel like my binge eating got worse with dancing really.

A certain something in the near future is stressing me the f out and is definitely triggering me bad. And just burnout etc.

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Dancing can be super super stressful, sorry. I hope you find something that works for you.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,408 Times in 744 Posts
    My Mood
    Buzzed

I am 25 and I often binge eating because I work from home and I have access to fridge. I learned that meal prepping or at least making a list in advance with my meals, at (approximately) fixed hours keep me away from binge eating.
    For example, from the moment I wake up, or one day before, I set in my phone (in my reminder app) the hours I intend to eat. Let's say 10 AM for breakfast, 1 PM for snack, 3 PM for lunch, etc etc. I don't eat anything untill I hear the reminder alarm.

I really am binge eating when I am not doing that. I snack anything all the time, mostly because I get either bored, either stressed when camming is slow.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 578 Posts
    My Mood
    Busy

Quote Originally Posted by random stripper View Post
    I'm 24... I feel like my binge eating got worse with dancing really.

A certain something in the near future is stressing me the f out and is definitely triggering me bad. And just burnout etc.
    It definately sounds partly due to stress and anxiety. Dancing will definately stress most out. That's maybe why many dancers self medicate. Look into ways to alleviate your anxiety. There's a great handbook called something like the anxiety and phobia handbook. It gives a lot of good ways to curb anxiety and stress.
    There's no shame in the game!

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,556 Times in 539 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Blog Entries

I got advice that I just have to Sit through it. I know it sounds simple, but just sit with the feelings and thoughts and let the urge pass. Lately I just eat lots of sliced cucumbers and salsa (chips) and herbal tea. I gained a lot of weight when I was depressed and was emotional eating.

Sorry your going through that. I don’t like feeling bad.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ifyouseekamy For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

I binge once in a while. I enjoy it, shamelessly. I'm talking like 4-6000 calories in a day.
    A particularly memorable moment of binging was with a man almost twice my weight (and barely taller) in a buffet restaurant, after he wondered if it was good value to take me there. The laugh was on him when I out-ate him quite significantly.

I just don't do it often. I have days when I don't eat at all, or hardly at all. I often eat 500-1000 calories for several days, then have a day when I eat 4000 or so calories, so it evens out. This method may work for you as well if you have only occasional binge impulses. Social anxiety seems to be what makes me eat essentially non-stop (somewhat like people do with drinking) - I only do it very occasionally otherwise and have great control over appetite generally. So I essentially eat to excess socially and normally (or even a bit sub-normally) otherwise. If you find that your "binge" trigger is something that is only occasional, I don't see why the same concept wouldn't work.

If I deliberately want to avoid overeating, I find that drinking tea is a pretty good way to achieve that. In my case, it acts as an appetite suppressant. I don't know if this is true for others.

Another thing that I find helps is not to have perishable goodies around the house. I hate wasting food, and will tend to eat it even if I'm not hungry, in order to avoid waste. So I now try to avoid those situations from arising in the first place by not bringing in a stock of perishables that I'll end up eating to save them from the garbage.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clara_M For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It might help to identify any triggers that cause you to binge eat ahead of time so you can plan and plan for the stressful times. For example, I will be having a great day, eating super healthy, for example 2 eggs and fruit for breakfast and grilled chicken for lunch, and then I will have to deal with an angry customer (at vanilla job). Then it stresses out so bad that I get a headache, feel tired, and then say "fuck it, I'm grabbing a number one with extra cheese size extra large."

You said it gets bad for you when you are super stressed like it is for me. What I have started to do is keep junk food out of the house, and make sure I have healthy meals already prepped and ready to go, that way I don't give in an go get a big meal out because I am tired and stressed and don't feel like cooking.
    Last edited by RyanXO; 06-28-2018 at 09:54 AM.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RyanXO For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 540 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Check your thyroid. hypothyrodism may make you eat wayyy to much.