Thread: Canít pole dance :(

Thanks

Default Canít pole dance :(

Been dancing for two days and itís kind of discouraging to see all the other girls do like tricks but I canít cause I never danced before. I watched plenty of videos of some tricks I wanted to try on YouTube but Iím afraid to look stupid on stage. When you guys first started off dancing how did you master pole tricks?

Thanks

Default Re: Canít pole dance :(

Hey love I would suggest pole dance classes. They teach you and im sure everyone that is really great at tricks was in your shoes at one point. So do the class and practice then you can take it to the stage with confidence

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LolaM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,029 Times in 1,116 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Nobody knows how to do anything when they start. We all make mistakes and gain skills and gracefulness as we go along, like anything else.

Practice when it's slow, come in early if the club will let you. Honestly though pole tricks aren't important in the vast majority of clubs. Many top earners (even ones who make good stage tips) barely touch the pole. It's more about connecting with your audience. Focus on smiling, making eye contact, pretend you're dancing for each customer and them alone. guys eat that up more than cirque de soleil stuff.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperJa For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks

I totally get where you’re coming from. I audition at two places, one didn’t want me but I feel as if it was also due to their taste in females then the other place that was more urban told me to come next week but I don’t even wanna go back to that one because I felt like I did was terrible job! I grew up as a tomboy kind of girl so I have no clue how to dance seductive without being nervous. I was thinking about taking a class before I try out another club. I need the money so it’s worth doing so and I think you probably do the same?! Maybe that’ll help us both, good luck, love!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

You learn along the way. Practice during moments when the club is dead, or on a side pole if your club has more poles besides the one on the main stage. Just get some basics spins down for now and move sensually. It's not necessary in most clubs to be an expert on the pole.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SugarCookies For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I bought an xpole to use at home. It was expensive but I think it'll be worth it when I start dancing. ♥ I signed up for pole classes first and my instructor recommended for me to get the pole for home. It's improved my skills immensely so I'd recommend going to a pole class first and if you like it, get an xpole! ♥

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DahliaDoll For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm definitely not an expert either! It's taking me a lot of practice but even then, I won't be able to do the things I've seen other girls do.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,330 Times in 4,087 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouscutie View Post
    Been dancing for two days and it’s kind of discouraging to see all the other girls do like tricks but I can’t cause I never danced before. I watched plenty of videos of some tricks I wanted to try on YouTube but I’m afraid to look stupid on stage. When you guys first started off dancing how did you master pole tricks?
    I don't know if you're being serious. Listen to yourself. You've been dancing for TWO DAYS and you want to be some kind of expert? This isn't the goddamn Matrix where you all of a sudden come out with superhuman abilities after a few hours of exposure.
    Even the simplest moves will take a few days to master. Buy a pole or practice on your down time.
    "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "-Mr. Garrison, South Park.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tempest666 For This Useful Post:

Featured Member Girl Anachronism's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,122 Times in 700 Posts

i never learned to pole dance and my only motivation for trying now is bc it gives you a hard body. pole tricks dont = money unless you work at a stage centric club... which i'm assuming that you don't if they hired you without knowing any tricks. it helps but isn't vital. only pay for classes if you can really afford it.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Girl Anachronism For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Don't beat yourself up about it... pole isn't a MUST. Honestly, I used to do pole tricks but I find that it makes no difference in the money I make now that I don't. To ME, women like it the most (ever notice the increase in "wooooooo"s ? lol) and it's only a nice touch to your set when added in here and there. I think seductive and sensual movement and eye contact advertises better than spending three songs on the pole flipping and twirling.... kinda like how us women get dressed in decked out fits and makeup out and about for ourselves and other women... Men don't really think about it like that. Like that meme that says no guy ever said - "....but that bag, I had to smash"... same with pole. They aren't basing their yes or no to spending money on how cool your tricks are.

Practice on slow nights, before the club opens, and after it's closed if they allow. Definitely don't let it discourage you.