Thread: help please !!!!!

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Default help please !!!!!

i live in africa i wanna move in america to be a stripper to be able to go to the university and support my family but i dont know how it works
    im going to get my student visa but can i work in atlanta or dallas with visa student ?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,601 Times in 1,443 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Default Re: help please !!!!!

I would not try to come to the United States right now, even as a student with the current political climate. Check back after November and see where we are at, but aside from not being advisable you might not be able to get a Visa.
    XoXo Gia
    Danielle Fishell (the Dish): "If the Super-Star thing doesn't work out, Gia makes a great stripper name"

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gia2608 For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks

why wouldnt i be able to get it? thats so sad

Thanks

Hi! So first of all Iím making this post with the assumption that youíre 18+ years old. If youíre not, youíre not of US legal age and shouldnít be on these forums.

The political climate in the US is pretty fragile right now, especially when it comes to foreigners coming to the US. Getting a student visa may be difficult depending on what specific country youíre from, especially from Islam-prominent countries (please look up travel bans to the US). The US has always had a huge problem with racism and bigotry, but itís become more overt recently. Racial profiling incidents are often in the news and harassment from US-born (usually white) citizens towards people of color and especially POC foreigners is becoming a really big issue. Especially in states that are conservative-dominated, like Georgia or Texas, you might run into issues.

If youíre on a student visa, you cannot work off-campus (so any job thatís not a work-study) legally for at least one year. After one year your off-campus work eligibility will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. Where you are from will possibly be taken into considerationó again, racism and bigotry is a huge issue and people who are supposed to be unbiased often arenít. There are clubs that will hire you without a work visa but that opens you up to a potentially VERY unsafe situation. If you work off-visa, you are more likely to end up at clubs that will try to exploit the fact that you canít complain about the working conditions and you will be under constant stress of being ratted out to ICE. You could get detained by ICE for an indefinite amount of time and then deported and then barred from re-entry. Again, the fact that you are working as a stripper makes you even more vulnerable.

Iím not saying that these things are right. They are so, so unbelievably fucked up. But this is also how they are right now.

November is mid-term elections in the US. Many citizens are trying to change the poltitical climate, but November is only a small first step. There will be problems here for a very, very long time. Iím not trying to dissuade you from coming here and going to university, but if you do decide to work off-visa while youíre here, you need to be aware of the risk that youíre taking. Please be mindful of your choices and your safety no matter what you choose to do.
    Work spares us from three evils: boredom, vice, and need. - Voltaire

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to overcast For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,309 Times in 776 Posts
    My Mood
    Lonely
    Blog Entries

^^^ I agree. Be careful of any place that will hire you without proper ID. If you want to come here and study that would be okay, but I wouldnt prioritize stripping over getting an actual education. Come here to get an education, not just to strip. I support WOC, but most strip clubs have a Shitty attitude toward WOC.

I have a friend who is a CNA here and she makes enough money she sends money back home. They will pay for your education most of the time if you are a CNA.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ifyouseekamy For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Most CNA's don't make enough to survive, sorry that is just reality. If you do overnight in home caregiving or work in a hospital then CNA pays ok for low cost of living areas. Idk but maybe it is different in different areas. I just don't want to give someone false hope.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to random stripper For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,601 Times in 1,443 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

It literally tears my heart in 2 to read the responses after mine. OP- try Canada, the people that live there are generally not pieces of shit. Of course, most US citizens are not either but half of eligible voters in the US sat home on election day and an even smaller fraction chose this. I honestly do not want to live in this country most days myself and I am no longer a sex worker.
    XoXo Gia
    Danielle Fishell (the Dish): "If the Super-Star thing doesn't work out, Gia makes a great stripper name"

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

delete.
    Last edited by m1nx; 11-02-2018 at 01:25 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to m1nx For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I don't think that the United States at the current state is a good place to start an activity like this one.

First of all getting a working VISA is almost impossible.
    Second of all, there are better countries in europe to do that.

Try to go to france and belgium!
    Best Adult Blog: DatingSiteSpot