Thread: Getting Hired With No Experience in Las Vegas

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Default Getting Hired With No Experience in Las Vegas

Hey Everyone!

I hope you all are having a good start to your week. I wanted to ask anyone if it is possible to get hired at a larger club like Saphire or Spearmint Rhino in Las Vegas without any former dance experience? Or will they just turn you away at the door when they ask? I would be coming out of town like most of you and want to make the most out of my time i am there setting aside a day for the sheriff's card or alcohol card. I know that I could lie but I'm sure they would notice. I've never even given a lapdance to a customer but i am a fast learner. Can I pay to skip the stage in the beginning until I get a few days under my belt to watch and learn from the other girls? Sorry for all the questions, I've done my best to read the Las Vegas threads but they are a bit older than most.

Thank you.

Thanks

Default Re: Getting Hired With No Experience in Las Vegas

I wouldn't recommend the big clubs you just mentioned for your first time dancing ever, you should start at a smaller/slower club to get your feet wet and learn the very basics, then you can go to the big clubs a lot more prepared and confident. And when it comes to hiring it all depended on the manager that's there to audition and they just care about your looks I don't think they care if you have experience or not, the auditions are too fast anyway.

Featured Member Girl Anachronism's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,258 Times in 740 Posts

You don’t need experience but unless you live there I wouldn’t waste hundreds of dollars in license and house fees if you don’t know what you’re doing because there’s a good chance you won’t make it back. You can skip stage but that alone sets you back an extra $50+ every shift on top of your $100(ish) stage fee that you pay up front

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Girl Anachronism For This Useful Post:

Thanks

If the hiring manger is satisfied with your looks, you will get hired anywhere you go. This is the nature of our industry. As the above post mentioned, maybe you should start somewhere small before you waste money on sheriff's card and SCOPE / TAM card.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dondondon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent

I agree with ^^^ all of them. The clubs in Vegas can be cut throat and unforgiving, especially this time of year. And depending where you work, you may need a business license too (another $200 ish). Plus stage fees, sheriff card, tam card, scope, off stage fee and all your tipouts ( door guy, hosts, dj, house mom, and vallet, if you choose). It can rack up fast, too. Plus Vegas isn't guaranteed to be good- it's a gamble. It's dead this time of year, and the chances of getting propositioned for something you don't really want to do are heavy, especially if you stay late into early morning. There's a lot to stripping, especially in vegas- it's a whole other ball game with a completely different set of rules than anywhere else. I wouldn't recommend it as a starter, anywhere in Vegas. It can be daunting and scary, and you may pass up the opportunity somewhere else because Vegas ruined it for you. I agree with the other girls, try somewhere local or the closest larger town to you before you decide to go to purgatory! Lol getting your feet wet and getting a feel for it first is your best shot if you want to try Vegas sometime. But still, after you dance somewhere small first, you'll still see how different Vegas is in comparison. That city is driven by money and can make or break anyone who walks through it's doors. Good luck!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Vanity View Post
    I agree with ^^^ all of them. The clubs in Vegas can be cut throat and unforgiving, especially this time of year. And depending where you work, you may need a business license too (another $200 ish). Plus stage fees, sheriff card, tam card, scope, off stage fee and all your tipouts ( door guy, hosts, dj, house mom, and vallet, if you choose). It can rack up fast, too. Plus Vegas isn't guaranteed to be good- it's a gamble. It's dead this time of year, and the chances of getting propositioned for something you don't really want to do are heavy, especially if you stay late into early morning. There's a lot to stripping, especially in vegas- it's a whole other ball game with a completely different set of rules than anywhere else. I wouldn't recommend it as a starter, anywhere in Vegas. It can be daunting and scary, and you may pass up the opportunity somewhere else because Vegas ruined it for you. I agree with the other girls, try somewhere local or the closest larger town to you before you decide to go to purgatory! Lol getting your feet wet and getting a feel for it first is your best shot if you want to try Vegas sometime. But still, after you dance somewhere small first, you'll still see how different Vegas is in comparison. That city is driven by money and can make or break anyone who walks through it's doors. Good luck!

This is really good advice. Vegas is a different monster. One thing that I know a lot of newbies don't think about is the way girls hustle together in Vegas at the mega clubs. As soon as a group of guys comes in, they jump on them and try to drag them to VIP and milk them until they've got nothing left. Veteran dancers work with floor hosts to get the best customers. If you're not aggressive, don't know how to hustle, and don't have a team it can be hard and discouraging for new dancers. In the dressing room I am always hearing new girls saying how they didn't even sell one lap dance because there are so many girls and it's so hard to talk to customers.