NYC newbie dancer; I started dancing end of May but I've only worked 5 nights since. I've been reading various posts about filing taxes and I just want to reiterate what I saw to make sure I've got it. My roommate has been working at the club I started at since last year and she was sent a 1099 form this year stating an amount for the VIP rooms she did.

So what I need to do is file quarterly 1040 ES forms with 20-30% of my estimated income (cash tips and VIP money I keep track of), and next year's tax season I would fill out a Schedule C form and attach my 1099 to that.. (and my 1040 ES?)... Does that sound right? I feel like I don't have it all down but the more long posts I read the more confused I get..

Thanks to anyone who can help!!