Thread: Phone Numbers

Thanks

Default Phone Numbers

Maybe this is a generational thing, but I'm a little surprised at the number of dancers that offer their phone number to me. I'm a 53 old guy, relatively fit, not bad looking, but I'm obviously not attractive to women who are 20 to 30 years younger than me. Secondly, I realize they're giving their number in an attempt to retain contact with me so they can hopefully get me to show up in. their club for dances, however, I'm always surprised at the quickness or speed at which they are offering these numbers. Am I safe to assume that the majority of these numbers are monthly phones? I will say that I never accept the numbers and that has upset some of the dancers. I don't even bring my phone into the club for fear I will lose it so I just don't accept numbers for that reason and I frankly don't have any desire to be called in if they're having a slow day. I only club about 2 or 3 times a month I rarely spend more than 500 when I'm in a club and so I don't see myself as someone who is a whale. Is the practice of giving a phone number something that has increased a great deal recently? I just think it's an unsafe practice for some dancers because frankly there a lot of nut cases out there.
    Last edited by RUTROH; 07-12-2018 at 01:58 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Default Re: Phone Numbers

I see this happening more and more. Girls are trying to build more or less a Client List so they have a few numbers they can text on a slow night or whatever. I'm also seeing a lot of girls with a stripper Facebook or they use apps like Snapchat to keep guys interested or coming in the doors. As far as safety it's not that big of a deal because you can get a Google or Pinger number on any phone.

There are also a lot of girls looking for a sugar daddy and OTC. I'm guessing that these girls have a lot of competition and they are just trying to get the edge over the other dancers

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peaches 94 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,149 Times in 1,746 Posts

Once they have a disposable cell phone this is probably more practical than printing business cards.

Thanks

I agree with the logic but I am not sure that the process shouldn't have more qualifying aspects to it to make a better "Client List" As an example, I travel so when I go to a club it is because I hate sitting in hotels it is a type of torture for me so the clubs allow me to relax, have a drink, look at women who are beautiful, don't mind me lookin or talking to them, don't have hyper-protective boyfriends around, and are HWP vs a McDonald's or god forbid, a Wal-Mart. It isn't an issue to be alone in a SC so there is no pressure to mingle or mix like at some bars. But by that same token I am not a good candidate for a client list as I am two or three weeks between visits if that and thus I am most likely as waste of time as a potential client. Now if they are thinking OTC that would make me a better prospect except I don't indulge.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,395 Times in 2,183 Posts

I think a lot of ladies use burner phone numbers. There are a lot of apps that can be downloaded on the phone for such a thing. I have done so myself. It would be too overwhelming to give custies our real phone numbers and have to deal with texting and separating custie conversations from family, friends, and people we know in our personal lives. It's easier to have a burner number used specifically for sc customers. As to why, I suppose since all the ridiculous changes these days, the hustle has gotten more competitive in an overly saturated market. Because SESTA-FOSTA shut down a lot of the BP hustles, quite a few BP girls have had to move to the strip clubs to do their hustles. Any decent custie who is consistently spending money can be seen as a potential regular. You said that you usually don't spend more than 500 per club visit. Is that on one girl or multiple? If it's one then that could explain why. For some, even that much 2-3 times a month helps.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to WendiStarr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I normally spend on 2 or 3 plus tips to waitress and some $30-40 on drinks. I so rarely am in the same club more than 1x a month as I travel to 3 main areas each month. I hope that clarifies my statement. I am aware of burners and phone apps, I just find today's world dangerous if caution isn't exercised. Guess that is the Dad in me.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,266 Times in 3,124 Posts

I also find it to be a little reckless & think there should be a heavier qualification for handing out your phone number. I know a lot of girls who are not using burner phones or apps either. I find it to be more prevalent in smaller clubs too - the girls feel more 'at home' and safer handing it out.

If you're only spending $500/visit, and that's on up to 3 girls & including your drinks... that's interesting, lol. No offense intended at all, but if that works out to around $200/dancer, that's a fairly low 'qualification' in exchange for the risk of some stranger trying to look up your real name & info/stalk you/be a weirdo.

Personally I don't do it. Only 2 regulars have my number & they rarely contact me beyond making club plans. They only have it because it's a club I don't work at regularly.

Side note, I agree with you in finding today's world dangerous. I can't fathom going home with a guy from a bar, or even letting them pick me up for a date the first couple times. Too many weirdos out there who have gotten too ballsy with all the technology & info available.
    "People jack off with the left hand and point with the right."
    - Lux ATL

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

Quote Originally Posted by crystalize View Post
    Ok so i gotta turn up the moronic drunk slut

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Selina M For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Selina M View Post
    If you're only spending $500/visit, and that's on up to 3 girls & including your drinks... that's interesting, lol. No offense intended at all, but if that works out to around $200/dancer, that's a fairly low 'qualification' in exchange for the risk of some stranger trying to look up your real name & info/stalk you/be a weirdo.
    None taken, I don't spend that much relatively speaking and I am aware of that. My money goes to other things like classic cars etc, this is just a way to blow off steam and get out of the darn hotel room. Personal best (worst ) spent on a dancer was a little over $1300 one evening as she was in the right place, right time and I was too. I have never seen her again and don't expect to either.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RUTROH For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,351 Times in 889 Posts

This is somewhat a generation thing and a marketing thing I think. In many cases they not only text at the drop of a hat, they have very little filter when they do. However, if you get to know some of even the youngest, they usually have all these security regimens and apps that cause messages, pics, and emails to disappear. Plus now they look you up while talking to you.
    Where am I? Roma

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bahuba For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

Even if itís a burner number I donít think they should be so free about giving out their number to everybody.

Maybe I feel this way because I donít like giving my contact info to just anybody. Most guys arenít keeping it to just business and they text a lot acting like they are your friend which becomes super annoying. Only give out numbers to customers who ask for your number AND are serious.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,082 Times in 3,595 Posts

I only do it if I have a legit business interest I need to address with a customer.
    "They're a bit strange in Los Angeles" Duckie, "NCIS"I've walked in L.A.. It was to my car, so I could drive in L.A..

Thanks
    Thanked 6,303 Times in 2,129 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Bahuba View Post
    This is somewhat a generation thing and a marketing thing I think. In many cases they not only text at the drop of a hat, they have very little filter when they do. However, if you get to know some of even the youngest, they usually have all these security regimens and apps that cause messages, pics, and emails to disappear. Plus now they look you up while talking to you.
    This RUTROH. Right or wrong, most of them don't seem to think that giving out a cell phone number is a big deal. On top of everything else that bahuba posted, if you start to go crazy and blow up their phones, it's a simple thing to stop it by blocking you. If I were you, I wouldn't read too much into it.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to rickdugan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,334 Times in 5,853 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

I think you are right. What these ladies are doing is somewhat like a cold calling or drop card approach - just getting their name and number out to as many people as possible assuming someone will eventually bite and get in touch with them for business.

I agree with you though. The more efficient way is to qualify customers BEFORE giving them your contact. This way a lady knows the customer wants to hear from her, will be more likely to initiate a call, and will be more likely to continue spending money with her.

Like others mentioned, most young people are not that tech savvy when it comes to privacy - they freely give out numbers, use Facebook, then be on the forums like “omg a customer just friend requested me on my personal profile”