Thread: Just got hired...Self harm scars (TW Self Harm)

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Default Just got hired...Self harm scars (TW Self Harm)

I just got hired at a club and I cannot wait to start. I am, however, really nervous that my self-harm scars will raise some eyebrows (not from customers, I am confident enough to handle shit about my appearence from them...from management, because I don't want to lose this job). It's really in my past, like distant-high-school-past, the scars have faded to white, but there are tons of them...many of them still noticeable. They are on both my legs, from the knees to the upper thighs, and on my left arm. I was planning on wearing stockings all the time and arm warmers or long sleeve tops until I can afford to tattoo over the ones on my left arm. I want to dance in part to save money to tattoo over them/get treatments. I am confident in spite of them. I have addressed my poor coping habits and replaced them with confidence, strength, and healthy outlets. I just do not want to get shit from management like I did the first time I tried to dance. Does anyone have any advice on creative ways to cover skin up to the thighs or arms? And please tell me I'm not the only one dealing with this?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to finewinefemme For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,559 Times in 3,784 Posts

Default Re: Just got hired...Self harm scars (TW Self Harm)

Fishnet tops w/sleeves, shrug coats, and armband bracelets/cuffs. For the legs- bodysuits, crotchless pantyhose and Spandex wrap fabric laced up.

Have you considered tats to cover these scars? My tattooist friend said the scars need to be at least 1 year healed before they do cover-up/fix it jobs on them.
    Beware the Pinkie Drama Queen...w000000 LA Woman, You're My Woman- The Doors

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

BFX

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Thanks for answering! Not sure I know what Spandex wrap fabric laced up means?

And yes! I have lots of ideas and am very eager to start the process of getting them tattooed! They are all very old now, like ranging from 6-3 years old. It will just be very expensive because I have so much skin I need covered. I'm picking up dancing as a second job to hopefully earn enough to do things like that. My serving job could never provide enough income for by itself after paying bills etc.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to finewinefemme For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,559 Times in 3,784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by finewinefemme View Post
    Thanks for answering! Not sure I know what Spandex wrap fabric laced up means?

And yes! I have lots of ideas and am very eager to start the process of getting them tattooed! They are all very old now, like ranging from 6-3 years old. It will just be very expensive because I have so much skin I need covered. I'm picking up dancing as a second job to hopefully earn enough to do things like that. My serving job could never provide enough income for by itself after paying bills etc.
    Spandex wrap is laces of Spandex string laced up the legs like Roman sandal laces. It's a popular look in urban strip bars with tall girls and girls with thin legs.
    Beware the Pinkie Drama Queen...w000000 LA Woman, You're My Woman- The Doors

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

BFX

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

I just got hired at a club and I cannot wait to start. I am, however, really nervous that my self-harm scars will raise some eyebrows (not from customers, I am confident enough to handle shit about my appearence from them...from management, because I don't want to lose this job). It's really in my past, like distant-high-school-past, the scars have faded to white, but there are tons of them...many of them still noticeable. They are on both my legs, from the knees to the upper thighs, and on my left arm. I was planning on wearing stockings all the time and arm warmers or long sleeve tops until I can afford to tattoo over the ones on my left arm. I want to dance in part to save money to tattoo over them/get treatments. I am confident in spite of them. I have addressed my poor coping habits and replaced them with confidence, strength, and healthy outlets. I just do not want to get shit from management like I did the first time I tried to dance. Does anyone have any advice on creative ways to cover skin up to the thighs or arms? And please tell me I'm not the only one dealing with this?
    Please look for some temporary tattoos. I just bought some very nice and big, you can have them for 2-3 days one. Success!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BFX For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Honestly i have found the lighting alone does wonders i have some very bad ones and have danced before i had learned to cope with my problems in better ways and no customer ever said anything to me.
    Im sure some saw but they over looked it bc theyre there to unwind they dont wanna know about you as you and why you would do that. They want superficial fun with the entertainer you are while working. Bracelets work. Dermablend is good but remember its hot when you dance and the contact involved in lapdance i personally never cared about make up getting on A guy but its something to be aware of. But honestly the lighting in mosts clubs is able to hid c section scars just dont look at your scars while someone is talking to you bc their eyes will go where yours go

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Meowxo For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Did you ever have problems with managers or other coworkers about them? I have such a thick skin about it, I'm more worried about just getting shit or being fired for them. Or being accused of being unstable, an active cutter, etc when it is something in my very distant past. Just unfortunately still have tons of visible and clearly self-inflicted scars

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,315 Times in 778 Posts
    My Mood
    Lonely
    Blog Entries

First off all you have nothing to be ashamed of everyone makes mistakes and you obviously were under a lot of stress and if we donít have healthy coping skills we will choose what works best. They cope with life by getting their dick grinded on. They arenít any better than you.

What about the leg make up. Maybe not every night, but I have friends that drenched themselves before a big money making day. It will rub off if you are sweating heavy or white shirts, but it works wonders on tummy scars

i think trying that sally Hansen leg makeup one shift is worth a shot.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

When I first started, I had very obvious self-harm scars all over my legs and arms. I tried the Sally Hansen leg makeup, but did not like wearing anything that could rub off on customers, and body makeup certainly can. There's Dermablend, which is pretty secure but it was a pain to cover my entire legs and arms every night. I do not recommend relying on the club's lighting to cover them, because, while forgiving, it will not completely cover them, and you don't want a manager/staff member, customer, or other dancer staring or commenting. I believe the best solution is to wear thigh-high stockings such as these:

https://www.yandy.com/Stay-Up-Thigh-Hi.php

and long-sleeved bodysuits such as these (you can expose your boobs without taking off the sleeves):

https://www.yandy.com/Ravishing-in-R...hnet-Teddy.php
    https://www.yandy.com/Shredded-Long-Sleeve-Teddy.php

No one would think twice about this type of outfit. Stockings are sexy and can stay on all night, and you could take your bodysuit completely off only in the darkness of the VIP room or lapdance area.

Did you ever have problems with managers or other coworkers about them? I have such a thick skin about it, I'm more worried about just getting shit or being fired for them. Or being accused of being unstable, an active cutter, etc when it is something in my very distant past. Just unfortunately still have tons of visible and clearly self-inflicted scars
    Yes, before I learned about stockings, I did an audition during which the manager & house mom were staring strangely at my legs, and I did not get hired. After I eventually was hired, and relied on the club lighting to hide them, I did notice other girls staring. Some customers even commented on them while getting dances from me. That's why I think it's best to cover up, either with makeup or preferably clothing, unless, or until, your scars are faint and barely visible.
    Last edited by avalonviolet; 07-27-2018 at 12:55 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

delete.
    Last edited by m1nx; 11-02-2018 at 01:25 PM.