Thread: First Choice-Getting Our Money Back

Thanks
    Thanked 10,859 Times in 1,880 Posts
    My Mood
    Happy

Default First Choice-Getting Our Money Back

Hey all

I wanted to post this thread separately from the thread about the dissolution of First Choice/Choice bank located here, as this deals specifically with how to get funds owed via the liquidation process.

To those owed funds as either FC partners or payees, please bookmark this page here, and please pass on the info below to anyone you know who is owed funds as the deadline for filing an initial Notice of Claim is coming soon. The deadline for the first step is August 28

This process is going to take a long time and is broken down into a few steps.

Step 1

The first step is to file an initial Notice of Claim with the liquidator Cedric Flowers at the Central Bank of Belize. The email address to which you need to send the Notice is [email protected]

The Notice should include the following:

Name:
    Address:
    Email Address: (please use one you check frequently)
    Account number: (your account number with Payoneer/First Choice)

While the woman at the Central Bank told me the above is all that is needed at this point, we have a group of peeps owed who are all working together via email and are also including the amount owed, a screenshot of the amount owed and a simple paragraph outlining how we are each individually owed.

This needs to be done by August 28, 2018

Step 2

Starting August 29, we have up to 60 days (the deadline is October 29) to file the actual Claim. This will involve the details and proof of what is owed and how/why (as FC partner or payee). I'll update this thread when I get more information on that.

Step 3
    Between January 29, 2019 and February 28, 2019 (or possibly earlier, but by law those are the maximum deadlines) the liquidator will sort through the claims and the Choice bank assets liquidated and will respond to each claimant with their determination of what amount those owed will receive.

At this point no one outside Choice Bank and the Central Bank knows the value of Choice Bank assets liquidated, so it's impossible to know how much anyone owed will receive.

Step 4
    Between March 1, 2019 and March 20, 2019, anyone owed who has not been repaid in full can make an objection. I REALLY hope this step won't be relevant to anyone legitimately owed funds.

Right now though, the most important thing to focus on is the initial Notice of Claim. That's a simple email with the info outlined in Step 1 above, there's no form to fill out or anything like that.

If you're owed funds by FC/Choice Bank you have to send in your Notice of Claim by August 28. If you know anyone who is owed funds that isn't aware of this please pass on this info

Myself and a few peeps also owed money are doing an anon email group to share info and work together on this, if you're owed funds and either need help with your Notice or would like to participate in the sharing of info please shoot me an email at (deleted for now) and I'll BCC you in to our conversations. To respect everyone's privacy basically what I'm doing is emailing myself and BCCing every member of the group, that way everyone has the same info without having to out themselves, as quite a few peeps are using email addresses that contain their cam name.

To be clear: I do NOT need to know your name, your cam name, any personal info other than an email address through which I can BCC you when I send summaries of the info we've all exchanged.

I really hope we all get our money back, and again, if you're owed money and want to participate in the group send me an email with the subject line First Choice/Choice Bank and if you know anyone owed who isn't clear on what to do, please let them know about this thread and the anon email group option.

So fucking sick of us having to fight to get our own damn money. Good luck y'all.
    Last edited by loveshooks; 08-10-2018 at 01:46 PM.
    I will not have my life narrowed down. I will not bow down to somebody else's whims or someone else's ignorance.
    -bell hooks

Quote Originally Posted by Incantatious View Post
    We're a proud bunch of wonderfully filthy hoes here. Just chillax, and let's all make some money.

Freedom. Justice. Equality.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to loveshooks For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Re: First Choice-Getting Our Money Bank

You are awesome, thank you so much for do all this for us, and you do it with your heart, Thank you and millions thank yous and it's not enough!

I admire you so much!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to claudiasmith For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Default Re: First Choice-Getting Our Money Back

^thank you so much for the awesome words

truth is I've learned as much from you and the other peeps in our group as I have shared, probably more actually. and y'all can actually spell (apologies for the error in the thread title, I was totally focused on making sure I wrote down all the dates correctly that I forgot to spell check)

one thing I forgot to mention in the first post for those owed funds: if you haven't taken a screencap of your Payoneer/First Choice amount owed yet please do so as soon as possible.

Without a screencap of your account you have no proof of the amount owed. In the screencap, make sure to include the browser bar that shows you're logged into your payoneer/first choice account.

that's a good habit to get into anyways if you see red flags or warning signs with any site or service. a lot of sites don't provide any proof of earnings other than what's stored on their own servers, so if they go offline and you're owed funds, you're screwed. when I had to sue a cam site eons ago I totally relied on the screenshots I took before they bounced and took their site offline. no way would I have won that case if I didn't have the screenshot proof of what I was owed.

thanks to the peeps who have contacted me based on this thread. to anyone reading who knows someone owed funds: let them know they need to send their Notice of Claim by August 28.

That's just 22 days away so it's really important to get that info out there to anyone who isn't aware of the deadline.

gracias again for the wicked words CS- and thank YOU for your contributions to the group.
    I will not have my life narrowed down. I will not bow down to somebody else's whims or someone else's ignorance.
    -bell hooks

We're a proud bunch of wonderfully filthy hoes here. Just chillax, and let's all make some money.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to loveshooks For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Hello, does anyone knows where to find my account number?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Quote Originally Posted by Miaaa View Post
    Hello, does anyone knows where to find my account number?
    one of the peeps in the group sent me her screencap of her payoneer admin, as I have never used the Payoneer card. I didn't ask for it and never would, she's simply a good friend and we also work together so I already knew her real name and how much she's owed. She was the one that inspired this info group too.

I only used payoneer for one site and they would send my funds straight to my bank account-and that was years ago, before the site went downhill. The funds I'm owed now are all in a Partner account so it looks different from a First Choice payee account.

Her screencap of the amount owed shows her account number (labeled as 'Customer ID') underneath her name at the top left hand corner of the page. I'm not sure which tab she's on (the menu fields on her screencap are 'activity', 'help', settings' and 'sign out' so I'm guessing it's the activity menu tab). Look at the top left hand corner of each page for the words 'Customer ID' followed by a number. That number is what you need to put on your Notice of Claim as your account number.

thanks again to everyone who's working together on this
    -bell hooks

9. The Following User Says Thank You to loveshooks For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by loveshooks View Post
    one of the peeps in the group sent me her screencap of her payoneer admin, as I have never used the Payoneer card. I didn't ask for it and never would, she's simply a good friend and we also work together so I already knew her real name and how much she's owed. She was the one that inspired this info group too.

I only used payoneer for one site and they would send my funds straight to my bank account-and that was years ago, before the site went downhill. The funds I'm owed now are all in a Partner account so it looks different from a First Choice payee account.

Her screencap of the amount owed shows her account number (labeled as 'Customer ID') underneath her name at the top left hand corner of the page. I'm not sure which tab she's on (the menu fields on her screencap are 'activity', 'help', settings' and 'sign out' so I'm guessing it's the activity menu tab). Look at the top left hand corner of each page for the words 'Customer ID' followed by a number. That number is what you need to put on your Notice of Claim as your account number.

thanks again to everyone who's working together on this
    Thank you so much i was wondering if Customer Id is what i need )

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Miaaa For This Useful Post:

Thanks

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/th...31226/page-122

Check the site: https://www.choicebanklimitedinliquidation.com/en/

Seems like it's been updated, check this out:

Public-Notice-Claims
    General Instructions – Claim Forms
    Claim Form 1 – Secured Creditor
    Claim Form 2 – Unsecured Depositor
    Claim Form 3 – Unsecured General Creditor
    Claim Form 4 – Unsecured Prepaid Cardholder

I think the form 4 is for Firstchoicepay holders...

And we need to send these documents:

Supporting Documents
    Upload all the relevant documents to support your claim against Choice Bank Limited such as-
    (a) Identification Documents (e.g. passport, deed polls, business registration and incorporation documents),
    (b) Contract between you and Choice Bank Limited (deposit account, loans, service contract),
    (c) Copy of Invoices issued to Choice Bank Limited,
    (d) Statements of accounts,
    (e) Copy of documents showing any collateral held or pledged,
    (f) Other written evidence.
    Documents are to be authenticated/ notarized. Do not send original documents.
    Declaration
    The declaration is required in respect of every claim.
    Except where the Claimant is a natural person and signs this form personally, confirmation and supporting documents must be provided that the signatory is properly authorized to sign on behalf of the claimant.

The form 4 needs:

CLAIM FORM 4
    Unsecured Prepaid Cardholder
    Please read the General Instructions-Claim Forms carefully and complete in block letters
    Is this the only type of claim you are filing?
    Y/N
    State other Type(s):
    CLAIMANT:
    Surname
    First Name
    Other Name(s)
    Identification Type
    Identification Number
    OR Business Name
    Business Type
    Registration No.
    Address:
    Telephone (home)
    Telephone (work)
    Telephone (mobile)
    PREPAID CARD (1):
    For Official Use Only
    Account Type
    Account Name
    Account Date (Issued/ Opened)
    Card Number
    Date of Account Balance (most recent)
    Date of Last Transaction
    Account Balance (most recent)
    Account Currency
    $
    Please state the name of the entity which issued your card
    Have you received any payment of the balance from any person or entity? Y/N
    PREPAID CARD (2):
    For Official Use Only
    Account Type
    Account Name
    Account Date (Issued/ Opened)
    Card Number
    Date of Account Balance (most recent)
    Date of Last Transaction
    Account Balance (most recent)
    Account Currency
    $
    Please state the name of entity which issued your card
    Have you received any payment of the balance from any person or entity? Y/N
    Note: If more than two prepaid cards held, please complete additional claim form(s) as necessary
    LOANS AND OTHER LIABILITIES: For Official Use Only
    Do you owe Choice Bank Limited any sum (loan or other liability)? Y/N
    LOANS:
    Loan Date (granted) Loan Principal
    Interest Rate Loan Term
    Loan Installments Payable Last Payment (Date)
    $
    Last Payment (Amount) Outstanding Balance
    $ $
    OTHER LIABILITIES:
    Do you owe Choice Bank Limited any sum other than the above loan? Y/N
    Please provide information of any sum owed to Choice Bank Limited:
    DECLARATION:
    I/ We , the claimant(s), make this claim on behalf of
    and DECLARE that –
    (e) no part of the sums claimed from Choice Bank Limited has been paid by Choice Bank Limited or any other person;
    (f) no endorsement or assignment of the sums claimed from Choice Bank Limited or any part thereof has been given;
    (g) neither I/We or the entity on whose behalf I/ We make this claim have any outstanding loans or other liability owed
    to Choice Bank Limited other than those set out above; and
    (h) no person, other than Choice Bank Limited is liable for the said claim or any part thereof.
    I/ We also CERTIFY that the information provided in this claim as well as the support documents attached are true, complete
    and correct to the best of my/our information, knowledge and belief.
    Name of the Claimant(s)
    Signature(s):
    If the Claimant is not a Natural Person –
    Name of Signatory (1): Position of Signatory(1):
    If applicable,
    Name of Signatory (2): Position of Signatory(2):
    Name of Signatory (3): Position of Signatory(3):
    Name of Signatory (4): Position of Signatory(4):

13. The Following User Says Thank You to claudiasmith For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

^^^^thanks for posting this!

I spoke to the Central Bank of Belize today and had a really good discussion with a woman there who's directly involved in this process. In calling my two main questions were

1) how can I verify that my Notice of Claim was received

2) how do we each determine which claim form to use

She was extremely helpful and let me know that Payoneer Partners/payers should use Claim Form 2. This is what I figured but wanted to double check

For those owed funds frozen in the virtual account (funds that were not loaded to the card prior to the FCP crash) the form to use is Claim Form 4

The rational behind this is that, were it not for the FCP crash, those funds would have been available to load to the debit card.

So those owed as payees/payment recipients from your sites who used a debit card need to use Claim Form 4

The woman also told me that people should hold off for now in submitting Claims, as due to the vast number of those owed (it's in the 100's of thousands) they are creating an automated system wherein claimants can create an account on the Choice Bank website, upload their documentation for each step and be able to see where they stand at each step of the claims process. This will significantly speed up the liquidation process, as those involved will not have to respond to a ton of emails (and annoying phone calls from peeps like me) asking for information.

The Central Bank expects to have this up and running by next Friday. Anyone who submits a Claim before the automated system is active will need to resubmit, so def hold off for now.

Two things I also wanted to mention:

1) the liquidators at the Central Bank of Belize are absolutely committed to this process and are working to complete this and get everyone their money as soon as they can. The amount they are able to pay will depend on how much they pay out compared to the value of funds they were able to liquidate. They are working on a massive task for all of us owed.

I know Belize gets a bad rap but honestly, having lived there before I moved to Jamaica, they do not fuck around financially. Companies that set up there expecting to be free to do whatever they want for their own benefit find out quickly that is not the case. The fact that the Central Bank shut down Choice Bank so quickly is evidence of that. The Central Bank will not run off with our money, nor will they get paid an extra percentage for working on this task.

2) Due to the high volume of emails from members of our (sadly) ever-expanding group and the fact that some idiot outed my site and my contact info on a troll forum, I am no longer using my webmaster email for our group updates.

I've created a new email address that I will be sending to each member of our group, and anyone here not yet a part of the group but wants to be can PM me and I'll add you in.

If the idiot stops posting my stuff I'll post it here as well.

So in sum, if you're a payee who used the debit card, even if your funds are frozen in the virtual account you use Claim Form 4. Just wait until they post the login/account creation details on the Choice Bank website before submitting to save yourself from extra work

I hope that helps, if anyone has any questions please feel free to post them here or PM me. I've taken my lcms email address out of the original post.

Thanks to all of you who have shared such great info with me through this process, I hope I can reciprocate your dedication to getting us all paid back

Have a wonderful weekend =)
    -bell hooks

15. The Following User Says Thank You to loveshooks For This Useful Post:

Thanks

These are great mews!!

I sent an email today asking the Liquidator wich documents must be notarized and he answered this:

Good day,

Notarize your identification documents that is a must.

Regards

17. The Following User Says Thank You to claudiasmith For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

^^^thank you for this update and for all your work on behalf of our group. You are a machine! =) =)

That goes for every member, y'all are working really hard to make sure all our interests are protected and I can't thank you all enough

I've been super-busy the last few days getting settled in JA and keeping up with work but today I'll be sending a new update compilining all the info and questions I've received from peeps since I last wrote.

Due to the spam report issue I'll be emailing every group member with the new group email address today, probably within the next hour. Everyone is still welcome to contact me at the original address for individual messages , but for group updates it's a new address

In terms of the notary issue, I've had docs notarized in Canada, Turks and Caicos, the US and Jamaica and it's really simple. The notary stamps and signs each page, no matter how many pages you need notarized the cost is pretty much the same. I don't think I've ever spent more than $30 and that was for a full set of bank records, personal docs and corp docs. A ton of stuff that doesn't apply to those owed as payees.

As such I would advise getting every page (including the FCP contract and activity docs) notarized, but if the notary charges an exorbitant fee by the page in your nation, as Claudia wrote, at least get the photo ID/identity doc notarized.

Thank you again to everyone working together on this, and if anyone knows anyone not aware of this process please let them know they need to submit their notice of claim now. The deadline is August 28 and I would hate anyone to miss out on a chance to get back what they are owed

I still don't see any indication of the account process outlined in my last post on the Choice Bank website, but I'll keep on top of that and either way, we have a ton of time to submit the actual claims.

Thank you again to everyone working together on this

Much appreciation and respect
    -bell hooks

19. The Following User Says Thank You to loveshooks For This Useful Post: