Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My twin keeps using my name when confronted with cops because she has warrants

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,529 Times in 2,597 Posts

Default Re: My twin keeps using my name when confronted with cops because she has warrants

Quote Originally Posted by Nina_ View Post
    This is going to turn into a war.

I've had her blocked from my fb since the "incident" that happened in January but just got notice of a post she made earlier this month filled with lies. Here are some of them:

She claims I'm "flopping at a man's house" instead of having my own place (no, bitch, I just won't tell you and your friend where I live which in hindsight was the smarter option since she's breaking into houses now).

She claimed on Facebook that I have NO job. She's the unemployed one, I am a stripper, which is a JOB, and also a paralegal so that puts me at two jobs; I will be licensed in real estate this October which will give me a total of three jobs compared to her whopping total of zero.

She told everyone I got a DUI. I was charged with one (a big miscommunication, my mom's neighbors in Detroit didn't believe that she had a twin since I didn't go over there much then, so they thought I was her. When they realized I was not her, they backed off and the case was dismissed). Still zero points on license.

She says I'm not in school. This is the funny part because credit-wise, she is still a freshman (at age 27) and hasn't been in school for like 8 years. I've been there done that wore the t-shirt and am taking a year off before law school for business ventures so my résumé can say something.

This is so frustrating. Idk if I'll have time tomorrow, but the next day, I am going to the station where she has warrants and telling them everything. I also wish I could encourage the woman to press charges for the attempted B&E, but Detroit is like the wild west and people there don't like to call police.

Now my mom, who lives a few houses down from her, has to fear for her safety. So do I, when I visit my mom again.
    Have you tried reporting her to FB for harassing you? Maybe they'll cancel her account.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,336 Times in 2,140 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

Default Re: My twin keeps using my name when confronted with cops because she has warrants

If you narc on her now, she'll never trust you again, even when she's clean. You'll be pushing her away for good and leaving her to feel like there's nobody in this world who cares about her. Right now she's not ready to get clean, but some day she's going to hit bottom. When that day comes, having someone in this world who she thinks gives a damn about her could make all the difference.

Truth be told, she can't really hurt you on the criminal stuff. They fingerprint anyone who is arrested for pretty much anything (including for DUIs), so they'll know it if she lies, especially since your prints and hers are already in the national database. Truth be told, that whole safety argument is a bit of a stretch too.

Idk, but you might want to think about what's really driving you to consider calling the cops and even holding her down for them. If the truth is that she's just too much trouble and you want her locked up and out of your lives, then so be it I suppose. Maybe you feel a little pissed off and betrayed by what she did to you recently. Again, idk, but IMO you should be sure that the reason is good enough to justify doing something that will split the two of you forever. Where I come from, calling the cops on our relations is damned near inconceivable, but not all families are the same I suppose.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,149 Times in 1,746 Posts

What percentage of drug addicts get in recovery and stay there?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,451 Times in 8,016 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

A low one.
    Also, many relapse

5. The Following User Says Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,451 Times in 8,016 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Oh, FFS, really?^
    Nina, suggestions can be made, but really you're the one who knows..
    This is a difficult, tricky situation in which no one can predict the outcome.
    I hope that you can find a way, I know you're trying.
    Best to you & your family.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,336 Times in 2,140 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by whirlerz View Post
    Oh, FFS, really?^
    Nina, suggestions can be made, but really you're the one who knows..
    This is a difficult, tricky situation in which no one can predict the outcome.
    I hope that you can find a way, I know you're trying.
    Best to you & your family.
    If that FFS was aimed at my post, were you really expecting campfires, marshmallows and Kumbaya from everyone when the topic is he turning her own sister over to the police? Is it stunning that someone might have an alternative view about this? This is major decision with a lot of potential consequences. Will her sister really come out better than she went in? How will other family members react to one sister turning in the other? Is this something that may seem right now, but something that Nina might regret down the road?

So for the time being, maybe we should stow the fucking FFS nonsense. These are real questions that are likely already percolating in her head.

Nina, as many have said here, only you know the answers to these questions and I wish you all the best as you work through this.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,783 Times in 5,965 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

Dude the thought of going to jail vs rehab is what shocks some addicts into getting clean

Her own sister is committing crimes and blaming her, marking up her record. Part of tough love is showing people, even your family, that their actions have consequences.

Enabling addicts only deepens their addiction

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,092 Times in 1,489 Posts

Dugan, everyone knows you treat your wife like literal garbage, maybe not the number go-to for familial issues.
    Now he said it a third time, and Ona drew a deep breath;

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lynn2009 For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123