Thread: My First Night...idk if I知 going back

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Default My First Night...idk if I知 going back

Okay! So I just worked my first night last night...it痴 such a relief that it痴 finally over and i actually did it! I知 starting at this divey club to get my feet wet. My friend and I both got the job! She has had experience, dancing at another club in Brooklyn a while back. So, overall I made about $300 - my personal goal was $500 and I知 a little disappointed. My friend, with experience, ended up making $530 and sold 2 private rooms. I made all my money on stage and with $20 lap dances (we keep the whole $20). I知 trying not to compare, but it痴 really hard. I don稚 want to be too hard on myself but idk what I did wrong. We both look very different, I知 more Glam (hair & nails ALWAYS done, makeup perfect) and she is more grungy? Like didn稚 even paint her toe nails before work or do her hair 😩. We are supposed to go back tonight, and I know there are good and bad nights, but idk if working from 8pm-4am is worth another $300. House fees are $100 on weekends, btw. So, i know I should probably suck it up, since I知 the only one to blame for not making more money, maybe I didn稚 hustle hard enough. But I致e been reading hustle hut and trying to prepare so much before my first night and I feel like a failure. So I知 debating on whether or not i should go back tonight. I feel like I know what I need to work on, I知 just scared to have another bad night. I mean is that normal for a first night? Maybe I shouldn稚 be too hard on my self. Just wanted to vent here...any feedback/insight is appreciated. 💕

Thanks
    Thanked 16,783 Times in 5,965 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

Default Re: My First Night...idk if I知 going back

Being too hard on yourself could sabotage your success in the future

Don’t compare to others just focus on yourself

Good looks does not always equate to more money

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Yes, you’re right. Trying to stay positive before heading back in again tonight!

Senior Member beverly_worldshaker's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

Your friend and you have a different hustle, and you'll find your unique style as you keep at it. $300 isn't bad for your first night!! I find that sometimes guys (esp. in a divey bar) are more intimidated of me if I'm extra glam, so I have to work harder at being super sweet and approachable. I also have an easier time just being down to earth the less fancy I am, which (again, in a divey bar) makes dudes wanna spend more time & money on me. I think there's a misconception that the more glam you are, the more money you'll access. That may be the case in some clubs and areas of sex work, but I think it's all about the hustle and your personality. Good luck! you got this!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beverly_worldshaker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Thank you so much for your advice!! Your positive words make me feel so much better. I will definitely take the level of glam into consideration. I decided to go back tonight...I’ll keep this all in mind. Thanks again. ��

8. The Following User Says Thank You to velvetkitty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,601 Times in 1,443 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

I see this is a few days old but I agree with the others. I made $17.00 the first night I danced so... also, you said your friend had experience. Like anything else you do in life you will get better at something the more you do it.
    XoXo Gia
    Danielle Fishell (the Dish): "If the Super-Star thing doesn't work out, Gia makes a great stripper name"

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gia2608 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Thank you! Well, I went in for my 4th day and ended up walking out halfway through the shift. Im half black, half white - but whenever I would go on stage all white customers would walk away to where white dancers were dancing or just ignore me. Even after I approached them and we had good conversation. I was talking to a super nice group group of guys from Toronto for about 5 mins before I got called on stage and when I go up they just turned their back to me. I know men have preferences, but this is just ridiculous. I thought hot is hot no matter what your skin color is. Also, I’m not even that dark and have been told I look so many different races...Hawaiian, Chinese, middle eastern, Colombian. I think I need to either find a new club, that will appreciate me or I’m just not thick skinned enough.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Also! It’s really strange because OTC, on dating sites, I find I match with a lot of white men. Also, attached photos of my face so you can see what I look like.

**dont have the long acrylic nails anymore. Just a simple gel mani sure. And also I’ve been wearing my hair down/long ponytails at work.
    Last edited by velvetkitty; 08-22-2018 at 05:16 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,783 Times in 5,965 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

Don’t take things too personal

It does not matter your skin tone. Men like it all (from Black as night to Porcelain Fair). It’s easy to stand out from the crowd when you look different from everyone else and this could be work to your advantage because men will seek you out because it’s something that 1.catches their eye 2. Something different 3. Something that piques their curiosity and interest.

Be careful with projection. And just go in with the mindset that the men you approach are ones who prefer your type.

If there is a consistent pattern of club patrons making you feel uncomfortable then try other clubs or clubs in other areas.

Did you request the dudes you chatted with to tip you on stage? Could be just that those dudes were broke and it didn’t have much to do with your race. Better for them to turn around and tip nothing than to sit there gawking and watch you for free. Ijs.
    Last edited by miss.a.p1600; 08-19-2018 at 09:01 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Don't take it personal. Things change day to day. You did mention it was a dicey club so maybe the clientele isn't right for good payout. Stick with it and see how it pans out. I have always done private parties. My worst night was 2 terrible shows where I only made $55 after paying my driver, who probably didn't cover gas with his pay. To nights that I made over $2,000. It all depends on the clientele.
    California Private Party Strippers
    Skin City Strippers
    We are always looking for new talent in the Los Angeles, San Francisco and San Diego areas.
    Inquire at Skin City Employment

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

300 ur first night sis my first night i paid 100 for a hotel walked 10 blocks in the cold december night there and back made 1$ and i went back
    also where do u work where u make that much money on stage :o