Thread: What do you think about this?

Thanks

Angry What do you think about this?

I am currently working in San Francisco California. The working conditions are absolutely horrible for dancers here. Let me explain. You must be on a schedule work 3 days a week. Some clubs require one of those days to be a Sunday or Monday. Clubs open at 6pm. You show up 5pm-7pm and on the floor 30% of dances goes to the club. 7-8pm 40%. After 8pm 50% of dances go to the club. If you show up on days you are not scheduled 50% goes to the club no matter what time you show up. (If you are at a full nude club it's always 50%) On top of that they make you walk around with a small caboodles make up box, that they lock with a plastic zip tie. Which you're expected to put all your lap dance money into. At the end of the night they cut your plastic zip tie open and take their half and hand you yours. I find this rules absolutely crazy and it just makes for a not enjoyable work environment. Mind you the strip club industry in SF is getting slower and slower every season some nights we don't even seen 20 guys come through the door, clubs do no promotion. It's always been hard to make good money in San Francisco but now it's a rarity without extras.
    I would like to know what other dancers think of this work environment. Would you put up with all this? Or is San Francisco just taking advantage of their dancers? Let me know your opinion!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,524 Times in 1,795 Posts

Default Re: What do you think about this?

Oh my god, that is just crazy. It is like stripper prison lol. A locked makeup box with a zip tie? Just ridiculous.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to arielbriel For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

This sounds a lot like nyc actually. However the 3 day minimum is oftentimes not imposed.Fees to work are about 200/night. Rooms where vip dances take place run anywhere from 1000/hr to 1600/hr. After the cut, you can sometimes walk away with 30 percent of what the customer paid. Of course, the club legitimizes taking so much of whats supposed to be your money by saying that its x amount of dollars for him to rent a booth or vip room and x amount for you. Clubs in nyc can legitimize ripping off their dancers all they want but at the end of the day the customer pays x and the dancer gets 30-50 percent of the total before paying out house fees. At one club in nyc, we were subjected to constant bag checks, one or two of which were after our shifts, prior to being able to go home. Id say nyc is generally a better place for dancing than sf, however. Sf is way too expensive to not be making any money. Clubs will do all sorts of bs if they think they can get away with it especially in bigger cities with a higher cost of living where they assume dancers are desperate and they'll have lawyers and an entire network to back them up and shut you up, even if what theyre doing is wrong. My advice is to just get up and move elsewhere or start travel dancing to test out various markets. Maybe if you were really intent on making a change with regards to management being assholes, write a yelp review from a dancers perspective suggesting they treat their dancers better.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 564 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

That's essentially being pimped out. They take your money away to count it and then give you your supposed half? That's bullshit.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trustfundkiller For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,961 Times in 2,059 Posts

Um, the whole makeup box and ziptie thing..that's not right! I wouldn't trust anyone to count my money and only take half. There are too many dishonest people in the sc environment. They probably take more than half of your money. I don't think I could work for a place that trusts you so little that they feel the need to go through such measures. I've honestly never heard of that before and I've worked in some really dumpy and shady places. It definitely sounds to me that they are taking advantage of dancers, big time. Is there another club that you can go to?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WendiStarr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Are you paying high house fees and tip out on top of everything else? If there are zero or ultra low fees then it's not as bad.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to thehester2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,086 Times in 1,131 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by thehester2 View Post
    Are you paying high house fees and tip out on top of everything else? If there are zero or ultra low fees then it's not as bad.
    This ^^

Yeah if they're taking money ON TOP of a house fee that's gross but otoh i've worked lots of clubs that take a split but have 0 fees and tipout comes out of the portion you pay the club, which works to your advantage on nights where you would have left in the hole after a high fee...
    But that makeup box thing where THEY count it is gross. I've never worked a place that demanded a split where I wasn't able to count it/dances and vips were tracked so we both know exactly what the payment should be. And if you're paying a house fee on top of that? As other girls said that's just pimping.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,804 Times in 3,484 Posts

One of the older dancers on this site told me a long time ago that clubs in SF were doing this a long time ago too.

I'm hoping someone confronts them via lawsuit because this is ridiculous.

Unfortunately due to the cost of living in SF I am sure these clubs will always find a way to clip girls one way or the other. I thought the cost of working at some corporate clubs was ridiculous but this is a whole other level of awful.
    "They're a bit strange in Los Angeles" Duckie, "NCIS"I've walked in L.A.. It was to my car, so I could drive in L.A..

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 669 Posts

not cool.. i know sometimes it's easier said than done but i would refuse to work under those rules. but not everyone can travel dance. that's inhumane, like i can't believe that's legal.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to crystalize For This Useful Post: