Thread: My first audition experience - Cheetah's in Los Angeles

Thanks

Dizzy My first audition experience - Cheetah's in Los Angeles

Hey, everyone! I've been reading SW obsessively for about a week and went in tonight for my first audition! I figured I'd explain in detail how it went in case anyone else is considering dancing at Cheetah's in Hollywood. First I researched Cheetah's on here, Yelp, their website, and on the TUSCL. I emailed them last week about auditions and they said they hold auditions between 8-9 Sunday to Wednesday. I went last night to check it out and was really pleasantly surprised at how friendly and chill the atmosphere was. Cheetah's Hollywood is a bikini bar and girls wore lingerie or bikinis on stage and covered up with cute little robes and kimonos off stage. They play mostly pop and R&B hits and had a very wide variety of dancers. I saw different ethnicities (mostly Black and white from what I remember), ages from early 20s through probably mid 40s, a range of body types (though all on the thinner side and from what I could see no fake boobs) and a variety of looks (a really tatted up punk girl with a partly shaved head, a girl wearing space buns and fake glasses, a super tall hot blonde, a skinny Black girl with big natural hair, etc). A few girls were great at pole dancing but several didn't know anything. I've been reading so much all week about how important your attitude is and I could so see it up there on stage. A couple girls looked so unhappy to be there that I felt uncomfortable watching, and then some girls made eye contact with everyone and looked like they were having a great time and they made BANK. The audience was friendly and about half female, there were some super enthusiastic lesbians there. I don't know if it's always so lesbian heavy, but if so, that would be great with me as I was there with my girlfriend. I did see that there is a lap dance room in the back, there are big curtains so you can't see in. Not sure if VIP is a thing there, or if that is VIP and they don't do lap dances on the floor.

So, on to today and my audition. I showed up at like 7:50 (I am a punctual loser) and stayed in my car until 8. Went up at 8 and the door was still locked so I just stood around outside for a few minutes until they opened up, haha. I showed my ID to the bouncer and told him I was there to audition and he led me to the DJ who I guess also does the hiring. He asked me a few questions - have I danced before, do I have pole dance experience, where do I live, what kind of music do I like to dance to. If anyone is curious, I am white, 5'6", 135 pounds, pretty small boobs, big butt. I wore a black bikini I bought at Exotica Lingerie in South Gate. I took pole classes for 6 months like 4 years ago when I weighed 35 pounds more than I do now and wasn't sure if my body would remember anything. After the short interview, he pointed to the dressing room and told me I could get dressed in there. Nobody was in the dressing room - even though Cheetah's opens at 8, there were only like 3 employees in the whole place. The dressing room is small and they have small lockers. I went back out and per my request the DJ put on Gimme More by Britney Spears. I love Britney. The dancing itself was fun. I just got in the zone and it felt pretty much the same as dancing in pole dance class or in my living room. I do have lots of stage performance experience though (plays and stuff) so I like being on stage. Obviously there were no customers around so I'm sure it's very different when you're surrounded by tons of people but it was nice at least to see that I didn't totally freeze up or feel stupid. I felt sexy! I did a few basic pole spins, tried to dance slow, did my splits twerk, and that thing where you move one butt cheek at a time haha.

After the song was over I walked back to the DJ and he said that the owner came over and told him to save my number. So he wrote my number down on a piece of paper and then was like "OK, thanks for coming in." So I went back to the DR, changed, and then left. I don't know if it's a bad sign I wasn't hired on the spot - does anyone know what Cheetah's is like in this regard?

All in all, I'm bummed I didn't get hired right away BUT I'm so excited I got my first audition done and actually had fun with it. I'm excited to audition at some other clubs this week. I really want to get started working and making some $$ ASAP. I also felt during the audition that oh yeah, I could totally take my top off right now. No big deal. So I'll probably audition at a nude club this week, just haven't decided where yet.

I hope this is helpful to other girls considering auditioning at Cheetah's Hollywood! I'd love to hear about anyone else's experience there, or auditioning elsewhere in LA.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anjelina For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Re: My first audition experience - Cheetah's in Los Angeles

Does the pole spin there ?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Meowxo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

No, there are two poles and they're both static. Where in LA has spin poles?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to anjelina For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Sounds like you did a great job on your first audition! Thanks for your detailed report on the club too. I always ask what’s the schedule like/when can I start that way I know if they’re giving me a runaround. I’m sure you’ll be able to find a club that will let you start right away, usually larger less stage focused clubs are easier to get hired at and work the same night.

Thanks

Good luck on your audition! It sounded like it went great, hope you get hired! Ive been thinking of trying it out too

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabe View Post
    Sounds like you did a great job on your first audition! Thanks for your detailed report on the club too. I always ask what’s the schedule like/when can I start that way I know if they’re giving me a runaround. I’m sure you’ll be able to find a club that will let you start right away, usually larger less stage focused clubs are easier to get hired at and work the same night.
    Ah that's a good idea! I'm definitely going to keep auditioning other places. Thank you!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by symmetra View Post
    Good luck on your audition! It sounded like it went great, hope you get hired! Ive been thinking of trying it out too
    Thank you!! I definitely recommend auditioning there because it's very low pressure and professional. Can't hurt to at least audition!

Thanks

Hope you land the job. It sounds like you nailed it. The key to a good performance is being confident and it sounds like you were.
    California Private Party Strippers
    Skin City Strippers
    We are always looking for new talent in the Los Angeles, San Francisco and San Diego areas.
    Inquire at Skin City Employment

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Skincity For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hi, did ou ever hear back in regards to your audition, I’m planning to audition this weekend? Just nervous since I don’t have any pole experience