Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NYC Could Lose More Than Half Its Strip Clubs

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Default Re: NYC Could Lose More Than Half Its Strip Clubs

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Stoner View Post
    I don't know about the rest of it ( I take your word for it ) but dancers have been "going home " with custies or hooking up elsewhere for as long as I can remember.

An hour of VIP for $1600 ? How much did the dancer get ?

When the cops came in was anyone arrested ? I didn't hear anything and I have pretty good sources.
    And the manager Rosewood now has doesn't enforce much. He hangs out with the entertainers, gawks and invites himself to touch their bodies. The prior management and staff were policing milage on the floor. And they would tell you that you could go to VIP... It wasn't a crowded club like it is now. However, the club was half-full with customers better behaved, or was willing to pay more likely if they misbehaved. I can count on my hand working previously there customers being absolute asses who potentially ruined my night. Now, it's like every night I was there it was bad.
    Last edited by yaya_cash; 09-12-2018 at 07:48 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yaya_cash For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,165 Times in 625 Posts
    My Mood
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2 View Post
    I'm not too familiar with NYC, but even with strict zoning laws, wouldn't there still be a decent amount of locations available in a city the size of New York? Do you you think it would be feasible for some clubs to move outside the city, maybe to North Jersey?
    Northern NJ is a very expensive suburb. I would think it would be extremely hard to open a new place.. Big time money would have to come into play. And a huge greasing of palms. And even after that, I would imagine the zoning boards won't allow for it. And the area is extremely congested. I know the area well.
    You can't reason with stupid!
    It's a night of clowns and buffoons! - Maitre de in NYC

Thanks
    Thanked 4,675 Times in 1,834 Posts

This is going to be crazy because there is just not enough space for all the dancers that would be out of work. Not to mention staff and management positions. If they shut down 12 clubs with let's say 100 reliable dancers on their roster (girls that work everyweek- house girls so to speak), that's 1200 dancers without a job. The remaining 8 clubs would have to take at LEAST 150 dancers each upping their quota from 100 to 250 dancers. Now this isn't Vegas, many of these remaining clubs are tiny such as Vivid, Hoops, and Sapphire 39th st. These are not large clubs by any means. There are not enough private rooms in these clubs for girls to be successful. You would be waiting in line for a private room. This actually happens now in the clubs during our high season, especially in December and it's a shit show then too. The guy gets tired of waiting and bounces and you lose the sale, it's horrible. Ultimately there's girls that will never get a job in the city again because the standards will be impossibly high.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to arielbriel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,241 Times in 1,975 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSugarMonster View Post
    I have no clue why nyc dancers don't make a fuss over a club charging a customer x dollars and giving you 30 percent plus make you pay house fees! Maybe if the clubs were stricter in hiring out of town dancers and maintain loyalty to their lical dancers: That's the only way I can think of to address the oversaturation issue.
    The problem that we've had since the 90s is NYC is a Sanctuary City and that means an unstoppable supply of desperate illegal immigrants. Legal citizens could and did stand up to management. So, we made 20-25 an hour base pay even in places like Flashdancers! They began hiring Brazilians working illegally, overstaying tourist visas... They'd work for much less and for FREE. That was unheard of back then. A few years later they began to hire Russians who took it one step further, PAYING to work. Some clubs began to rely heavily on underground Russian agencies. So it was 50% American freelancers and 50% Russians and Brazilians. By the 2000s it was 90% illegal immigrants. That's the destructive power of having desperate illegals who can not fight because they can notrisk being fired or interacting with Law Enforcement.

So when you discuss dancing in NYC and employees applying pressure, that supply of workers ensures they don't EVER have to follow the law or be even minimally decent and protective.
    Rich men only worry about money in their business ventures.
    Broke men worry about money in their relationships with women.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Optimist For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Quote Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
    The problem that we've had since the 90s is NYC is a Sanctuary City and that means an unstoppable supply of desperate illegal immigrants. Legal citizens could and did stand up to management. So, we made 20-25 an hour base pay even in places like Flashdancers! They began hiring Brazilians working illegally, overstaying tourist visas... They'd work for much less and for FREE. That was unheard of back then. A few years later they began to hire Russians who took it one step further, PAYING to work. Some clubs began to rely heavily on underground Russian agencies. So it was 50% American freelancers and 50% Russians and Brazilians. By the 2000s it was 90% illegal immigrants. That's the destructive power of having desperate illegals who can not fight because they can notrisk being fired or interacting with Law Enforcement.

So when you discuss dancing in NYC and employees applying pressure, that supply of workers ensures they don't EVER have to follow the law or be even minimally decent and protective.
    Just like the clubs and their owner figure the girls are more likely to tolerate more in this recent economy or market, for whatever reason/ing.

Featured Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by yaya_cash View Post
    And the manager Rosewood now has doesn't enforce much.

He hangs out with the entertainers, gawks and invites himself to touch their bodies. The prior management and staff were policing milage on the floor. And they would tell you that you could go to VIP... It wasn't a crowded club like it is now. However, the club was half-full with customers better behaved, or was willing to pay more likely if they misbehaved. I can count on my hand working previously there customers being absolute asses who potentially ruined my night. Now, it's like every night I was there it was bad.

Rosewood is Headquarters now?

Featured Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

So this all goes back to the Guiliani days. And the New York State court of appeals has finally made a decision on it. There might be only 4 to 8 clubs left in NYc when the dust has cleared.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Quote Originally Posted by Nyla19 View Post
    Rosewood is Headquarters now?
    And the manager Rosewood now, once-HQ, has doesn't enforce much. He hangs out with the entertainers, gawks and invites himself to touch their bodies. The prior management and staff were policing milage on the floor, lap dance couches. And they would tell you that you could go to VIP... It wasn't a crowded club like it is now. However, the club was half-full with customers better behaved, or was willing to pay more likely if they misbehaved. I can count on my hand working previously there customers being absolute asses who potentially ruined my night. Now, it's like every night I was there it was bad.

I wonder if predators are reading this to use to do bad in the club?
    Last edited by yaya_cash; 09-20-2018 at 01:40 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to yaya_cash For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

^^^ thanks for the info. I've experienced the same situation before. I'm sorry! That's a shame!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Quote Originally Posted by Nyla19 View Post
    ^^^ thanks for the info. I've experienced the same situation before. I'm sorry! That's a shame!
    Maybe it has changed with management and the regulation in club since I've been there. Although, many of the customers just seem different, much ruder while much less willling to spend.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123